Newbie 1667: Bushfire! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Performer »

VOTE: Azorius
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 am

Post by MortFeld »

@Performer My post 23 was meant not just to shut down what Radical Rat said. I actually found his point a bad point. As it stood he basically just was telling people not to discount the fact that the IC could be scum. This seemed absolutely obvious to me, to the point of being superfluous, but I didn't want to say this and come off as defending the IC absolutely. Post 23 was meant just to say, we could all be scum. How is reminding us that the IC could be scum more analysis than what I said? It helps the town no more than saying "The medic can save someone at night!"

Rat's post wasn't that important, I just question your scum read on me from my response to it.

Phan still seems cagey. This might be because there's a wagon on him but he hasn't even unvoted himself. Without seeing where his suspicious are I can't get any read on him and this scares me going into the future.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:26 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

@Performer Can you elaborate on your scumread on Azor? I want to hear your opinions on how scum can look town. How can you tell true town and faking town apart?
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:34 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 98, Performer wrote:I've caught up to part of page 4. Here's my analysis of the wagon on Phan , as well as someone against the wagon - Azor:
I see Phan voted himself to get reactions...Rad, vett, Mort voted him because it was scummy - they thought he was trying to fake looking town.
Azor defended Phan by stating people pushing on him are about to cause a mislynch. Sure we can say that, but his post looks like he knows exactly who’s town and who’s not.

@vet does this remind you of the game you hosted, where the FireKari hydra voted themselves, and I proceeded to vote them later? I can't recall that situation being in early part of day phase though.
Despite that, do you think this is the same situation that Phan is in? As in scum trying to pull a gambit to gain town credit?

Mort is another person who seems scummy to me. His post interaction with Rad moves me to townread Rad and scumread Mort, because Mort sounds more IIoA while Rad is providing progress. I could see Rad coming from a town perspective in that post. Later on pg 3, Mort gets on the wagon because he believes Phan’s self vote to be anti town. The timing of his vote on Phan, putting him at L-1 - makes me think it’s a rather safe way to get on a wagon without becoming extremely suspicious - like hammering someone, then they flip town.

I'd like to say that in no way am i defending Phan. I was just pointing out that there is a possibility of Phan being town. In that scenario, the mafia would go for a mislynch on him, correct?
To be frank i'm just not comforatble lynching him yet because I don't have reads on everyone here. I'd like to talk through this more.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:41 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 100, Performer wrote:VOTE: Azorius

Also could you explain your vote on me? You said in an earlier post that it looks like I know who is scum and who is town. This is not true. I'm part of the uninformed majority trying to figure this game out. I think voting on me because I wasn't so quick to vote on Phantom is a little strange. If the vote on me is for a rxn then here you have it.
Plains and Islands
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 1.03

PhantomCobalt (4) PhantomCobalt; Radical Rat; vettrock; MortFeld;
AzoriusSenate (3) shrike; ai_shuuu; Performer;
vettrock (1) goodmorning;
Radical Rat (0)
MortFeld (0)
Performer (0)
shrike (0)
ai_shuuu (0)
goodmorning (0)

Not voting: AzoriusSenate;

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 1 Deadline: (expired on 2015-12-12 19:02:24)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:51 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

Some people i'd like to hear more from: Radical Rat, shrike, vettrock. I think my strongest read for now is Mort=town. A lighter read would be ai=town. As far as scum is concerned i'm currently looking at vet. He has lurked most of the game and the few things I've seen from him aren't the progressive in thought. I don't think he's really trying to figure out the game.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 106, AzoriusSenate wrote:Some people i'd like to hear more from: Radical Rat, shrike, vettrock. I think my strongest read for now is Mort=town. A lighter read would be ai=town. As far as scum is concerned i'm currently looking at vet. He has lurked most of the game and the few things I've seen from him aren't the progressive in thought. I don't think he's really trying to figure out the game.

I apologize for my grammar. :facepalm:
Plains and Islands
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by MortFeld »

Shrike is the person I want to hear most from. His current vote is for Azor out of RVS, and since then he's voiced oblique suspicion of PC, but hasn't attempted to engage with him. This doesn't really look to me like he's trying to find scum, especially because he questioned PC after Radical Rat voted for him.

This is secondary though, my main worry is just that he hasn't voted since RVS now that he has means to make reads on people.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

@Performer

My Forum Mafia experience is limited to two games off-site. I can link if need be.

However, I am also a frequent player of Town of Salem, which I've learned is pretty useless experience... During the Day at any rate. Once night actions happen, I'd like to think I've learned to read into them.

@AzoriousSenate
"I'm part of the uninformed majority trying to figure this game out."

This phrasing seems very odd to me. It's a verbatim restatement of what it means to be Town, and I couldn't help but read that as "Hello fellow Townies, a beautiful day to be Town, which I am, isn't it?"
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

104 doesn't strike right to me. Seems like he's textbooking town on the uninformed majority part.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by PhantomCobalt »

VOTE: Azorius

Not saying the perfect lynch target, but I'm currently voting for myself and RVS is over soooo.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by goodmorning »

That's L-1. Why you wouldn't announce that I do not know.

Now. I know who I'm going to vote for, but first I have a request for Azorius: Please analyse the votes on your wagon. Which ones look sketchy? Which ones look legit? This is something I did in N1532 and it was pretty helpful there. ctrl+f "second wagon" in my ISO.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
ai_shuuu
ai_shuuu
Goon
ai_shuuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by ai_shuuu »

@phantomcobalt #95
Unless someone put it on wiki =/

@performer #99
whats new for me : rvs, hammer lynch, can't use pm (not really, have been playing 2 game where i can't use pm), semi open setup

sry i will do reread and catching up later, can't really do it right now
Show
Harry: "No, sometimes I sleep."
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 102, PhantomCobalt wrote:@Performer Can you elaborate on your scumread on Azor? I want to hear your opinions on how scum can look town. How can you tell true town and faking town apart?

I'm not performer, but I also have a bit of a scum read on Azor, so I'll give my reasons.

Post is full of weasel words despite being a first post. Saying "From what I've seen it's customary" and "sooo..." make it seem as if Azorius doesn't want to take responsibility for his vote. This could just be because he's not used to RVS though.

Post Feels pretty weird to me too. "I won't OMGUS you for now, but you should know I'm watching you a bit more closely" comes off as a threat, and doesn't seem to actually achieve much.

As someone else pointed out, post is pretty weird. He's protecting PC by suggesting a mislynch could occur, even though anyone choosing to hammer PC would be pretty suspicious at this point.

In post 108, MortFeld wrote:Shrike is the person I want to hear most from. His current vote is for Azor out of RVS, and since then he's voiced oblique suspicion of PC, but hasn't attempted to engage with him. This doesn't really look to me like he's trying to find scum, especially because he questioned PC after Radical Rat voted for him.

This is secondary though, my main worry is just that he hasn't voted since RVS now that he has means to make reads on people.

I think PC's self-vote is not very suspicious. However, as I said before I don't like his reaction to RR's accusation. As a newb I'm a bit unsure of how to engage with PC though, seeing as several other people are already doing it.
My current scum reads are Azorius and PC, but I'll have a reread and see if I spot anything new.
In post 111, PhantomCobalt wrote:VOTE: Azorius

Not saying the perfect lynch target, but I'm currently voting for myself and RVS is over soooo.

Have you got any more reasons for this vote other than the one in ? Why are you so eager to vote on someone? It feels to me like you wanted to remove your self-vote without drawing attention to yourself, and just jumped on an easy wagon.
Does anyone else look particularly scummy to you?

@goodmorning or any of the SEs
How do you keep track of the game, especially when you're playing others at the same time? Do you take notes?
Is there an easy way to quote someone once I've already started writing a message?
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by shrike »

I like to UNVOTE: AzoriusSenate as well, because I feel my scumread on PC is harder than the one on azorius (which is pretty flimsy).

I forgot to say in my last post but PC also used the weasel word "soooo" in

Out of curiosity, would everyone here be happy if their vote target was lynched? It seems people use votes differently to what I'm used to (ie to provoke reactions, not just to lynch)
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by shrike »

@ai_shuuu
Do you mind using the post tag GM explained in or quoting people when you're responding to them? It makes your comments much easier for us to read as we don't have to go back and find the comments.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:38 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 99, Performer wrote:
In my opinion, if Phan gets mislynched, we should take a look at Radical Rat on d2, as he was the first person to call Phan out on the self vote being scummy. Why? Because Rad's post and first vote on Phan (other than Phan's self vote) alone, sounds Townie - but combined with a possible town flip from Phan - this would raise my suspicion-ometer.

Why do you think we should take a look at RR in particular? vettrock and MortFeld both had votes on PC when you made this post.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Post by shrike »

@vettrock
What do you think of Azorius? Is there anyone other than PC that you find suspicious?

--

It's not rude to post this many times in a row is it? Just checking beccause some forums don't like double posts (but I guess you can edit on those).
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:30 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 115, shrike wrote:Out of curiosity, would everyone here be happy if their vote target was lynched? It seems people use votes differently to what I'm used to (ie to provoke reactions, not just to lynch)

If we answered this question, it would effectively remove the pressure we're trying to put on these people. Would you feel pressured by a vote you knew wasn't really meant to kill?

Quote fixed ~Cheery
Last edited by Cheery Dog on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:32 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Am I allowed to edit to fix the quote?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:58 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 98, Performer wrote:I've caught up to part of page 4. Here's my analysis of the wagon on Phan , as well as someone against the wagon - Azor:
I see Phan voted himself to get reactions...Rad, vett, Mort voted him because it was scummy - they thought he was trying to fake looking town.
Azor defended Phan by stating people pushing on him are about to cause a mislynch. Sure we can say that, but his post looks like he knows exactly who’s town and who’s not.

@vet does this remind you of the game you hosted, where the FireKari hydra voted themselves, and I proceeded to vote them later? I can't recall that situation being in early part of day phase though.
Despite that, do you think this is the same situation that Phan is in? As in scum trying to pull a gambit to gain town credit?

Mort is another person who seems scummy to me. His post interaction with Rad moves me to townread Rad and scumread Mort, because Mort sounds more IIoA while Rad is providing progress. I could see Rad coming from a town perspective in that post. Later on pg 3, Mort gets on the wagon because he believes Phan’s self vote to be anti town. The timing of his vote on Phan, putting him at L-1 - makes me think it’s a rather safe way to get on a wagon without becoming extremely suspicious - like hammering someone, then they flip town.

FireKari already had more of a I don't care go ahead and lynch me with his self-vote, whereas PC is playing it off as trying to move out of RVS and generate discussion. I very strongly dislike self-voting in pretty much any situation. FireKari turned out to be scum. I'm not sure about PC, but as I said it is a minimum of anti-town.

In post 104, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 100, Performer wrote:VOTE: Azorius
Also could you explain your vote on me? You said in an earlier post that it looks like I know who is scum and who is town. This is not true. I'm part of the uninformed majority trying to figure this game out. I think voting on me because I wasn't so quick to vote on Phantom is a little strange. If the vote on me is for a rxn then here you have it.

I also agree that the phrasing "uninformed majority" screams I need to tell everyone I'm town.
My "Get to Know a Scummer" thread is here.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:59 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 120, Radical Rat wrote:Am I allowed to edit to fix the quote?

Only the mod can fix it. Some mod do, other don't. Recommend using the preview function when posting.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:06 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 118, shrike wrote:@vettrock
What do you think of Azorius? Is there anyone other than PC that you find suspicious?

--

It's not rude to post this many times in a row is it? Just checking beccause some forums don't like double posts (but I guess you can edit on those).

I don't think there is a problem with double posts. I do it as well as I am reviewing things.

As stated, I think AzoriusSenate's post with the "uninformed majority" looked scummy to me.

I'm of the belief that Day1 there isn't really that much to go on. Sometimes you get lucky and lynch scum, but mostly it is about who makes mistakes. But it is also important to build the history as the Day 1 interactions feed the analysis later.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:47 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

@Vet Am I still anti town to you even after you agreed with my point?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”