Newbie 1724 ~ Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Newbie 1724 ~ Endgame

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:31 am

Post by KittyMo »

Player list

Zyf
Primefire

JaeReed
Hyped*

Malakittens**
TownreadPlz

GuiltyLion*
PkmSilver*

Impoetic
frog (SE)
LicketyQuickety* (SE)
Dewy (SE)
Thor665* (IC)

* = prod

Spoiler: Alive
JaeReed, Vanilla Townie
Malakittens, Vanilla Townie
PkmSilver, Vanilla Townie
Impoetic, One-Shot Bulletproof
frog, Vanilla Townie
LicketyQuickety, Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Dead
Dewy, Mafia Goon, was Lynched Day 1
Zyf, Town Tracker, was Killed Night 1
Thor665, Mafia Goon, was Lynched Day 2

Game Links

Rules | Setup Info | Confirmation | Day 1 | Night 1
Last edited by KittyMo on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:56 am, edited 24 times in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:57 am

Post by KittyMo »

[Adapted from N, Vel-Rahn Koon, Zaicon & Zorblag]

Adhere to the site-wide rules and the rules regarding discussion of ongoing games, as well as the following rules. Inappropriate discussion of ongoing games or breaking the site rules will
always
result in me reporting you to a List Mod.
If you are ever unsure if something is against the rules, please ask beforehand.

General Gameplay Rules
  1. You may not quote Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. The only places outside of this thread you are permitted to talk about this game are in Mod-provided private topics and private messages to the Mod. Note that the mafia team may privately communicate with one another during Night phases.
  3. Once your death scene has been posted by the Mod you may no longer post. The dead in this game are silent.
  4. Do not make posts that look like mod communication.
    Indigo
    is reserved for the Mod.
  5. Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode. Spoiler tags are fine.
  6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.

Game Timeline & Activity Rules
  1. Game Days will last at most two weeks. An extension may be granted if a replacement is required within the last 72 hours of a game day or if the site is down.
  2. Game Nights will last 48 hours.
  3. If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  4. If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post or risks replacement.
  5. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
  6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a V/LA notice in the thread in advance.
Lynching & Voting Rules
  1. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    or VOTE: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
  2. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  3. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur.
  4. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  5. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch. No Lynch will also occur if no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline.
Etiquette Guidelines
  1. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  2. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  3. Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
  4. Always play to your win condition.
Last edited by KittyMo on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:14 am

Post by KittyMo »

This game uses the semi-open Matrix6 setup, created by Cogito Ergo Scum. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Spoiler: In Other Words
[Setup A]
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 1 Town One-Shot Bulletproof, 5 Vanilla Townies
[Setup B]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
[Setup C]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies
[Setup 1]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 6 Vanilla Townies
[Setup 2]
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
[Setup 3]
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Town One-Shot Bulletproof, 1 Town Tracker, 5 Vanilla Townies

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.
Spoiler: Sample Role PMs

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities
  • During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.
Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, whether you survive to the end or not.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Cop

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [
    Mafia
    /
    Town
    ].
    If you did not successfully investigate someone because you were roleblocked, you will receive
    No Result
Win Condition
  • You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, whether you survive to the end or not.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Doctor

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.
Win Condition

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may place one player in jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You will not be informed as to the result of your ability. You may not target yourself.
Win Condition

You are a
Town Tracker

Abilities
  • During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You tracked [target] to [their target]'s house
    , or
    [Target] stayed home.
Win Condition

You are a
Town One-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities
  • You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.
Win Condition

You are a
Mafia Goon
with your partner PLAYER (
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker
.)

Abilities
  • You may talk to your partner Pregame and during the Night, so long as you are both alive, in this thread.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting in the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner PLAYER (
Mafia Goon
.)

Abilities
  • Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target via the Mafia thread or by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • You may talk to your partner Pregame and during the Night, so long as you are both alive, in this thread.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting in the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.
Win Condition
  • You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:16 am

Post by KittyMo »

All roles have been sent out in order of the player list. Let me know if you have any questions about the game. Please /confirm that you have read and understood your role and the rules by replying to the PM. Make sure the reply contains your role name so I know that you read it!

Please also consider using the Bookmark thread tool at the bottom of the page so that you can easily access this thread.

I can steal replacements from the queue 72 hours after role PMs were sent (noon on the 4th PST), but ideally we will leave the confirmation stage before that.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:25 am

Post by KittyMo »

lis replaces PrimeFire and GreenNope replaces TownreadPlz. I just sent their Role PMs so neither have confirmed.

I'm going to give 24 hours for people to figure out the site is back up and give them an initial opportunity to confirm, and then Day 1 will open. Once one of them confirms or 24 hours after this post, we'll start.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by KittyMo »

With 8 players confirmed, let us begin.

[9] Not Voting ~ Dewy, frog, GreenNope, Hyped, LicketyQuickety, lis, Impoetic, PkmSilver, Thor665

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-07-20 18:00:00)

"plz don't swear" -- N
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

@frog, you ever play at SC2?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by GreenNope »

Hey everyone!
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 am

Post by frog »

In post 6, LicketyQuickety wrote:@frog, you ever play at SC2?
Is that StarCraft II? No, I've never played it.

Vote: PkmSilver

Gold was better.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

tl:dr - this entire commentary block is all about introducing myself as the IC, blathering about my duties, and offering a basic idea of some of the strategy of the RVS. If this interests you, please read on (especially if this is your first time playing here) if not, feel free to skip.
Spoiler: IC Intro
===========================================================================================

Greetings,

I am Thor665 and I am the Inexperienced Challenged (IC) player of this group. What this means is first and foremost - I am here to play this game with you in a way that will show you what it is like to play on Mafiascum.net. I am here to win and should be treated as such.

My goals and the rules governing my actions are covered in this handy article: Being a good IC
That article is part of our amazing MafiaWiki System. I *highly* recommend this system as a good way to get your feet wet and to find out what a lot of the common abbreviations mean. There is a lot of play strategy discussed in there too. A lot of players consider that advice almost all outdated now. I don't recommend trying to run verbatim with anything there, but a lot of the basic advice is very good to at least be aware of as it can help you avoid blatant pitfalls as you become familiar with the game play here.

Now, as an IC I am here as a resource for you to ask questions of concerning game theory. I WILL NOT lie about game theory answers and will answer them to the best of my ability. I will also offer you the following quick pieces of advice;

1. Don't self vote. (there are really no points during a Newbie setup where this is a good idea, please avoid it however logical you may think it is)
2. This site frowns on lying if you are a vanilla town role. I strongly advise against lying if you have this role as usually it will only hurt town in the end.
3. It's a game - have fun.

We are now starting what is known as the RVS (random voting stage). We are in a low information period because scum already know who they are, and even have a rough idea of what power roles may or may not be in the game. It is now town's job to root them out. Because the start of the game leaves us with no information to start with generally the way to start is to begin voting and questioning other people to see if you can catch them doing something scummy (scummy actions being acts that a scum player is more likely to do then a town player).

Vote: PkmSilver
PkmSilver
PkmSilver
Townie
PkmSilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:53 am

Post by PkmSilver »

LMAO, but Silver had better exclusive pokemons! Vulpix, Skarmory,Donphan, Delibird SMH
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:09 am

Post by GreenNope »

...Wooper (WHO CAN USE ICE PUNCH, WHILE HAVING NO ARMS!)
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Dewy »

Reverse the words GreenNope, you get NopeGreen.
Nope->Not
Green->Town
Not Town=Scum

VOTE: GreenNope
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Dewy »

@LQ @Green @Silver

No RVS?
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:19 am

Post by GreenNope »

In post 13, Dewy wrote:
@LQ @Green @Silver

No RVS?
Meh. I honestly think it's pointless. In RVS, there is seldom more than one vote (but we do have two votes on pkmsilver :lol: ), which ruins the pressure. And the votes don't really have any motivation, and commonly don't have a desire to lynch their target.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Dewy »

In post 14, GreenNope wrote:there is seldom more than one vote (but we do have two votes on pkmsilver :lol: )
@Green

Thoughts on the Silver wagon?
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:44 am

Post by GreenNope »

In post 15, Dewy wrote:
In post 14, GreenNope wrote:there is seldom more than one vote (but we do have two votes on pkmsilver :lol: )
@Green

Honestly, I understand why someone would vote for them (RVS), but two is a tad bit suspicious, though it may be a coincidence.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 16, GreenNope wrote:
In post 15, Dewy wrote:
@Green

Honestly, I understand why someone would vote for them (RVS), but two is a tad bit suspicious, though it may be a coincidence.
I will clarify for you that it is not a coincidence at all.
Does that affect anything for you?
If so - what?
If not - why not?
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:54 am

Post by GreenNope »

In post 17, Thor665 wrote:
In post 16, GreenNope wrote:
In post 15, Dewy wrote:
@Green

I will clarify for you that it is not a coincidence at all.
Does that affect anything for you?
If so - what?
If not - why not?
I think may just as well be the work of mafia, when they vote for someone who hasn't even had much time to post. After all, they do know who is not in mafia.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

So if you think my actions may well be the work of Mafia - why are you not voting me? Would I not then be the most likely Mafia you see at the moment?
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:36 am

Post by GreenNope »

In post 19, Thor665 wrote:So if you think my actions may well be the work of Mafia - why are you not voting me? Would I not then be the most likely Mafia you see at the moment?
You have a point there!
VOTE: Thor665
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

So why did I need to point out that you should be voting your top scum read to you?
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:52 am

Post by GreenNope »

In post 21, Thor665 wrote:So why did I need to point out that you should be voting your top scum read to you?
I don't really like to vote early, I like to analyze the game more.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

So why did you vote early then?
GreenNope
GreenNope
Townie
GreenNope
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:20 am

Post by GreenNope »

In post 23, Thor665 wrote:So why did you vote early then?
You pointed it out, is it not obvious?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”