Newbie 1724 ~ Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 874, Malakittens wrote:
In post 867, LicketyQuickety wrote:Mala will be the hardest person to get a read on. I played in one game with mala and their activity was the same, but they were Town.

@Mala, would appreciate it if you could do some things to show you are Town.
I know what game you are talking about and I was pretty damn readable in the beginning when I was able to post a ton, but slowed down when I got busy. So I was pretty easy to get a read on when I'm around. The timing of this game was the worst because of being half Vla and then a final and then night. So the fact I haven't been able to catch up is due to timing itself rather than anything else
I can kinda agree with that actually. I don't think I liked your lynch that day which I stated. but the point was that you were lynched. I guess I am just asking you to be around when you can be and make yourself look like a Townie so I don't have to worry about you lurking through the game because if you can do it as Town, you sure as hell can do it as Scum as well.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 am

@Mala, Thoughts on Thor?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

Oh I'm thinking of another game. Musical Mafia mb
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

I don't have a read on thor and I probably won't. I can't read him worth of shit.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:17 am

In post 877, Malakittens wrote:Oh I'm thinking of another game. Musical Mafia mb
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62976

I am talking about this game.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:17 am

In post 878, Malakittens wrote:I don't have a read on thor and I probably won't. I can't read him worth of shit.
Thoughts on other players then? the more detailed the better.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Malakittens »

I really haven't read so I can't answer that. I'm going to try in a little bit. I been up for 2 hrs and I'm still half asleep~ plus I gotta go to another rig check because I didn't do it warlier

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:20 am

In post 881, Malakittens wrote:I really haven't read so I can't answer that. I'm going to try in a little bit. I been up for 2 hrs and I'm still half asleep~ plus I gotta go to another rig check because I didn't do it warlier
Please do something this game. I don't mean to sound rude, but if you are just going to play super passively and not make any stances all game why even play? I just don't want to have to worry about activity from you slot.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Malakittens »

Dude. When I'm done with this call I'm going to read, which is what I have said now three times? So get off my back tia

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:02 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 881, Malakittens wrote:I really haven't read so I can't answer that. I'm going to try in a little bit. I been up for 2 hrs and I'm still half asleep~ plus I gotta go to another rig check because I didn't do it warlier
In post 883, Malakittens wrote:Dude. When I'm done with this call I'm going to read, which is what I have said now three times? So get off my back tia
More importantly, go to sleep. Rest. Don't get sick over a mafia game, please.

@Thor I'm voting you due to associative tells. Mainly, that you never bus. You wanna have that trust tell, you gotta live with the consequences.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 873, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 872, Thor665 wrote:I agree, my lynch would have been a town one...thanks?
Not what I was saying and you know that I think. You first assumed I was Scum reading you when I said people want to vote you because you are pushing a lynch that most people read as Town. You said I was Scum reading you for this, but I didn't explicitly state that. This can be interpreted as an admission of guilt in some respects. You then say that I am saying that would make you a Town lynch which would be a non-sequitur.
I didn't say you were scum reading me for that, nor is saying that if we had lynched me yesterday that I would flip town a non-sequitor when you were talking about the lynch yesterday.
In post 884, JaeReed wrote:@Thor I'm voting you due to associative tells. Mainly, that you never bus. You wanna have that trust tell, you gotta live with the consequences.
1. It's not a trust tell, and I'm already sick and tired of people taking 'I think bussing is bad scum strategy' to equate to a trust tell.

2. What are the associative tells? Because it sounds like you're saying 'Thor doesn't bus, he didn't bus Dewy, ergo Thor is scum' The thing is, if Pkm had been scum, the same case would hold up - which suggests it's a bad case. I defend town reads as town - that's also a valid Thor meta tell. Are you seriously suggesting that every single game that has a scum lynch that I'm not voting equates to a valid Thor lynch the next Day? Because that is really silly, and an unfair value call to obligate me to live up to - town can be wrong, town are actually wrong a lot, that is the game.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:27 am

In post 885, Thor665 wrote:
In post 873, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 872, Thor665 wrote:I agree, my lynch would have been a town one...thanks?
Not what I was saying and you know that I think. You first assumed I was Scum reading you when I said people want to vote you because you are pushing a lynch that most people read as Town. You said I was Scum reading you for this, but I didn't explicitly state that. This can be interpreted as an admission of guilt in some respects. You then say that I am saying that would make you a Town lynch which would be a non-sequitur.
I didn't say you were scum reading me for that,
nor is saying that if we had lynched me yesterday that I would flip town a non-sequitor when you were talking about the lynch yesterday.
What did you mean by this then:
In post 870, Thor665 wrote:If that's true, I should have been lynched yesterday -
but keep selling that scum story.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:35 am

@Mod

I will be V/LA from the 28th to the 4th. I am going on vacation and have no idea what my activity situation is going to be like.

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:40 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 885, Thor665 wrote:
In post 884, JaeReed wrote:@Thor I'm voting you due to associative tells. Mainly, that you never bus. You wanna have that trust tell, you gotta live with the consequences.
1. It's not a trust tell, and I'm already sick and tired of people taking 'I think bussing is bad scum strategy' to equate to a trust tell.

2. What are the associative tells? Because it sounds like you're saying 'Thor doesn't bus, he didn't bus Dewy, ergo Thor is scum' The thing is, if Pkm had been scum, the same case would hold up - which suggests it's a bad case. I defend town reads as town - that's also a valid Thor meta tell. Are you seriously suggesting that every single game that has a scum lynch that I'm not voting equates to a valid Thor lynch the next Day? Because that is really silly, and an unfair value call to obligate me to live up to - town can be wrong, town are actually wrong a lot, that is the game.
1. Bussing is always a bad strat especially in a newbie. There are a lot of people who are uncomfortable with it. My point is that you make a point of never doing it and the associative tells lead toward you.

2. The townread on Dewy for contrived reasonings basically. I get that town can be wrong, but think of it this way. You said that beside you the next lynch would be Mala... GL already suggested this! We already seemed to agree on this on D1. I would bet the game on Impo being town. I'm town. GL is likely town and frog is likely town. So from my POV we lynch outside my current townreads. You, Mala, then LQ if it goes that far. Is there a really good reason it shouldn't be you first?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 886, LicketyQuickety wrote:What did you mean by this then:
In post 870, Thor665 wrote:If that's true, I should have been lynched yesterday -
I meant that you were scum and misrepresenting what was happening in thread.

You can tell because I say "if that's true" and present what should have happened - showing that it wasn't true.
Also I called you scum selling a story.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 888, JaeReed wrote:1. Bussing is always a bad strat especially in a newbie. There are a lot of people who are uncomfortable with it. My point is that you make a point of never doing it and the associative tells lead toward you.
I agree that bussing is a bad strategy. I also agree I don't play badly. That fails to make it a trust tell.
In post 888, JaeReed wrote:2. The townread on Dewy for contrived reasonings basically. I get that town can be wrong, but think of it this way. You said that beside you the next lynch would be Mala... GL already suggested this! We already seemed to agree on this on D1. I would bet the game on Impo being town. I'm town. GL is likely town and frog is likely town. So from my POV we lynch outside my current townreads. You, Mala, then LQ if it goes that far. Is there a really good reason it shouldn't be you first?
What was contrived? That's just a buzzword - I explained my reasoning specifically, be specific if you can - or accept that this is an empty case.

I would rather it be LQ first since he's far more likely scum, but if your case is just PoE why not, y'know, lynch the guy who looks like scum rather than the lazy "oh, hey, 'associatives, that's a buzzword' case"? I feel like you're making my point for me right now, while also claiming I should be lynched. You're being silly. Vote scum reads, not random PoE reads. If you PoE, vote best case within the PoE - this is basic stuff.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:46 am

In post 889, Thor665 wrote:
In post 886, LicketyQuickety wrote:What did you mean by this then:
I meant that you were scum and misrepresenting what was happening in thread.

You can tell because I say "if that's true" and present what should have happened - showing that it wasn't true.
Also I called you scum selling a story.
you know as well as I, if not should know more so, that Town doesn't even come close to doing what they
should
do most of the time so your point is moot. You still have yet to provide a case on me that is not based on misconception if that.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, we can agree the bussing thing isn't a valid tell.
At that point the case on me is "associatives"

Describe any that aren't bussing.

Because all you've managed is "contrived read". That's just the same thing, it's an empty word with no meat.
Then look at my LQ case.
Then vote LQ.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 891, LicketyQuickety wrote:you know as well as I, if not should know more so, that Town doesn't even come close to doing what they should do most of the time so your point is moot. You still have yet to provide a case on me that is not based on misconception if that.
I have exactly presented a case on you, and you have actually agreed that you misunderstood me when you attacked me - the only difference is I think you intentionally "misunderstood" me (aka misrepped me) and you want the story to be you're town and it was an innocent gaff.

Innocent gaffs don't require ten pages of debate to realize you may have misread something.
Misreps *DO*.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Like, I forget the player off the top of my head, but someone else did the exact same "misunderstanding".
Within two exchanges they basically understood my stance and could see that it wasn't a particularly valid point.
They still defended your stance, because they made the same error, but they failed to grasp that their ability to spot the error so quickly and your inability to do the same, while debating with the same person making the same arguments - suggests some sort of major difference between the two of you (hint: alignment)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:54 am

In post 893, Thor665 wrote:
In post 891, LicketyQuickety wrote:you know as well as I, if not should know more so, that Town doesn't even come close to doing what they should do most of the time so your point is moot. You still have yet to provide a case on me that is not based on misconception if that.
I have exactly presented a case on you, and you have actually agreed that you misunderstood me when you attacked me - the only difference is I think you intentionally "misunderstood" me (aka misrepped me) and you want the story to be you're town and it was an innocent gaff.

Innocent gaffs don't require ten pages of debate to realize you may have misread something.
Misreps *DO*.
the case on you is just as valid as your case on me if not more so. Both rely on things that cannot be proven. However, more people agree that the case on you is stronger than the case on me. You are going to have to pick a different target to get lynched because people are just not believing the line you are throwing and that's the only thing that really matters in this game.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Describe the case on me.
I'll wait.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:57 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 890, Thor665 wrote:
In post 888, JaeReed wrote:1. Bussing is always a bad strat especially in a newbie. There are a lot of people who are uncomfortable with it. My point is that you make a point of never doing it and the associative tells lead toward you.
I agree that bussing is a bad strategy. I also agree I don't play badly. That fails to make it a trust tell.
In post 888, JaeReed wrote:2. The townread on Dewy for contrived reasonings basically. I get that town can be wrong, but think of it this way. You said that beside you the next lynch would be Mala... GL already suggested this! We already seemed to agree on this on D1. I would bet the game on Impo being town. I'm town. GL is likely town and frog is likely town. So from my POV we lynch outside my current townreads. You, Mala, then LQ if it goes that far. Is there a really good reason it shouldn't be you first?
What was contrived? That's just a buzzword - I explained my reasoning specifically, be specific if you can - or accept that this is an empty case.

I would rather it be LQ first since he's far more likely scum, but if your case is just PoE why not, y'know, lynch the guy who looks like scum rather than the lazy "oh, hey, 'associatives, that's a buzzword' case"? I feel like you're making my point for me right now, while also claiming I should be lynched. You're being silly. Vote scum reads, not random PoE reads. If you PoE, vote best case within the PoE - this is basic stuff.
buzzword
noun informal
a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context.

contrived
adjective
deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.

Don't think "contrived" is a buzzword, tbh. Eh, besides that... You had really flimsy reasoning to townread Dewy and you were actually here for the whole game. How's that?

LQ is my strongest townread. Has been since the start. Voting him would be POE. Voting you over Mala due to associates with the Dewy slot being stronger is a little different. Individual scumread on Mala is stronger but she has yet to contribute and that slot is given some leeway til she does or until you flip town. I don't see LQ as scum and I am pretty sure I made that clear prior to all this so your point is moot. You're not even trying to see this from the POV of the person you're trying to bargain with.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:00 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 892, Thor665 wrote:Then look at my LQ case.
Then vote LQ.
I have looked at it.
I have given you my rebuttal.
I have come to understand that we either have very different ideals about how this game is played (likely given I am very much like Charloux, and I watched Kittens from the start) or you're scum.

I'll be honest here. I'm going for the easy win. It seems pretty obvious who scum is not, so I'm just lynching outside of that in order of likelihood to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 897, JaeReed wrote:buzzword
noun informal
a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context.

contrived
adjective
deliberately created rather than arising naturally or spontaneously.

Don't think "contrived" is a buzzword, tbh.
Oh sweet Jesus :facepalm:
In post 897, JaeReed wrote:Eh, besides that... You had really flimsy reasoning to townread Dewy and you were actually here for the whole game. How's that?
Well, okay, let's talk about that.
As a start - why was my read "flimsy"?
I described the read.
I don't agree that it was flimsy.
What makes the read flimsy, so I can explain how it isn't?
In post 897, JaeReed wrote:LQ is my strongest townread. Has been since the start. Voting him would be POE. Voting you over Mala due to associates with the Dewy slot being stronger is a little different.
What are the associatives?
Stop using the word without explaining them.
This is why the case is empty and doesn't exist.
In post 897, JaeReed wrote:You're not even trying to see this from the POV of the person you're trying to bargain with.
Because a townread on LQ seems insane to me it never occurred to me that was your top town read.
I guess if that's reality you are voting in the right place for you, but I weep at that read.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”