Newbie 1752: Wave - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:08 am

Post by CloudKicker »

Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:33 am

Post by grapes »

DAY 1 VOTECOUNT 01

Cloudkicker (2):
BlueBloodedToffee, Tenshii
Drone (1):
Raskolnikov
Hellfire Missile (1):
Drone
Raskolnikov (1):
Cloudkicker
BlueBloodedToffee (1):
Desmond
Tenshii (1):
The Turkish Delight

Not Voting (2):
Blakebtb23, Hellfire Missile

With 9 votes in play, 5 are needed to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-11-05 23:00:02)

FM-84 - Arcade Summer
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:36 am

Post by The Turkish Delight »

In post 23, CloudKicker wrote:Still page 1 cmon guys, this is really boring
Yeah, its quite a little :/
CloudKicker wrote:
In post 14, The Turkish Delight wrote:This is for all,

Have you ever played mafia on another site? If yes, then how many games have you played? What were your alignments and did you win or lose? Whats your experience? I guess some is having their first ever game but wanna ask it :)
I have a crap load of experience at epicmafia but this is my 2nd-3rd game in forum mafia. I am a huge troll, i lie, i cap, i ate, i troll and i spamm as both alignement, so beware but my reads are top notch, rarely wrong.
Interesting.
CloudKicker wrote:Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
What was omgus..?

Screaming that you're town is not a towny move at all. Also, you already said you are a huge troll, you lie and you do stuff, i dont see a reason why i should trust your word at this point.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:59 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 27, The Turkish Delight wrote:
In post 23, CloudKicker wrote:Still page 1 cmon guys, this is really boring
Yeah, its quite a little :/
CloudKicker wrote:

Have you ever played mafia on another site? If yes, then how many games have you played? What were your alignments and did you win or lose? Whats your experience? I guess some is having their first ever game but wanna ask it :)
I have a crap load of experience at epicmafia but this is my 2nd-3rd game in forum mafia. I am a huge troll, i lie, i cap, i ate, i troll and i spamm as both alignement, so beware but my reads are top notch, rarely wrong.
Interesting.
CloudKicker wrote:Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
What was omgus..?

Screaming that you're town is not a towny move at all. Also, you already said you are a huge troll, you lie and you do stuff, i dont see a reason why i should trust your word at this point.
So you trust me when i say i lie and troll but dont trust me when i say i am town, funny. And tell mow how screaming that i am town isnt towny, is it scummy? why would it then be scummy? Also, dont you think that voting town is more scummy than saying that you are towny?

you also realize that i said i do all these things and its non-alignement indicative for me so dont you dare try to discredit what i say one more time just because i was kind enough to give explicit information about how i play -> im trying to let ppl read me better which is towny as well
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Tenshii »

In post 24, CloudKicker wrote:I have a crap load of experience at epicmafia but this is my 2nd-3rd game in forum mafia. I am a huge troll, i lie, i cap, i ate, i troll and i spamm as both alignement, so beware but my reads are top notch, rarely wrong.
What is cap?
In post 25, CloudKicker wrote:Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
Where did I shitpost? Where did I vote town?
In post 27, The Turkish Delight wrote:Screaming that you're town is not a towny move at all. Also, you already said you are a huge troll, you lie and you do stuff, i dont see a reason why i should trust your word at this point.
Not voting on your scumread and/or suspicion.

VOTE: The Turkish Delight
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:06 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 29, Tenshii wrote:
In post 24, CloudKicker wrote:I have a crap load of experience at epicmafia but this is my 2nd-3rd game in forum mafia. I am a huge troll, i lie, i cap, i ate, i troll and i spamm as both alignement, so beware but my reads are top notch, rarely wrong.
What is cap?
In post 25, CloudKicker wrote:Also inb4 omgus, tenshii had 1 shitpost and 1 vote on town so far, desmond leaning town.
In post 27, The Turkish Delight wrote:Screaming that you're town is not a towny move at all. Also, you already said you are a huge troll, you lie and you do stuff, i dont see a reason why i should trust your word at this point.

1. CAPS LOCK
2. Your first post, your vote on me

Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Tenshii »

In post 27, The Turkish Delight wrote:
What was omgus..?
@Cloud, You should answer this question.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 am

Post by CloudKicker »

Omgus is enssentially when you fos someone for fossing you, usually a scumtell. The omgus was that i didnt like tenshiis post and he fosed me -> meaning that i didnt want my read to get called omgus since its unrelated
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Tenshii »

@Cloud, What's your read on me atm?
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 33, Tenshii wrote:@Cloud, What's your read on me atm?
I dont have a serious read on you and even if i did its still page 2.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 am

In post 28, CloudKicker wrote:So you trust me when i say i lie and troll but dont trust me when i say i am town, funny. And tell mow how screaming that i am town isnt towny, is it scummy? why would it then be scummy? Also, dont you think that voting town is more scummy than saying that you are towny?

you also realize that i said i do all these things and its non-alignement indicative for me so dont you dare try to discredit what i say one more time just because i was kind enough to give explicit information about how i play -> im trying to let ppl read me better which is towny as well
Your first post had the phrase "i lie", so me saying "i cant trust you because of that" is funny for you?

About screaming that you are town, if you're town, stating the obvious is just stupid and scummy. Cos you dont need to point that you're town, if you're town. A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town. If you are scum and people scumread you, then you're screwed.

It may not alignement indicative for you, but you may be lying as you stated earlier. You could just tried to fool us with your first post with the info of how you play.
Tenshii wrote:
What is cap?

He wasnt a major scumread for me. He is just a little suspicious for me atm. Changing votes all the time is not my thing.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

Post by CloudKicker »

@turkish
"About screaming that you are town, if you're town, stating the obvious is just stupid and scummy. Cos you dont need to point that you're town, if you're town. A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town. If you are scum and people scumread you, then you're screwed"

You said you played 3 games, correct ? I played about 8 thousands on em -> ''A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town" : this is a really bad attitude to have, i am not quoting that to read you or else, just to inform you that you shouldnt think like that.

Heres how i think and you should think:
I am town, i am unlynchable. I wont let myself get lynched ever but if it does confirm someone else as mafia aka fake cop with a guilty on me. Screaming town is far from being scummy and its not ''stating the obvious'' when its the first few pages. Also, stating the obvious is always good since not all players see what you see and i learned to not trust anyone to carry me, again, as both alignement.

I am not scared either, my first post was gimmicky and scummy, i even shared information that makes me hard to townread you know. And seriously dont fos ppl for claiming town, its ridiculous
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

This is my first ever forum mafia game, although I have played a ton IRL, my group plays at least like twice a week. We even made a power ranking for mafia (alongside our Melee power rankings) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1831303955
I'm blendtec in the spreadsheet

So i generally lead the discussion irl, but i'm new to forum mafia so I might be quieter here.

Right now I am slightly suspicious of desmond, he kind of jokingly accused 2 people, might be something scum would do whereas town would give a serious random vote. Toffee has been quiet for being a IC, hellfire has not spoken yet, and drone gave 1 random vote and didn't talk at all after, so those 3 are also on more my radar compared to the other people who i've been getting town vibes from. I guess I'll throw my vote for
Vote: Desmond
and see what he says
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 am

In post 36, CloudKicker wrote:@turkish
"About screaming that you are town, if you're town, stating the obvious is just stupid and scummy. Cos you dont need to point that you're town, if you're town. A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town. If you are scum and people scumread you, then you're screwed"

You said you played 3 games, correct ? I played about 8 thousands on em -> ''A townie shouldnt be scared if people scumread him/her. Because if he/she gets lycnhed, that would provide a good information to town (about the interactions) after he/she flips town" : this is a really bad attitude to have, i am not quoting that to read you or else, just to inform you that you shouldnt think like that.

I am town, i am unlynchable. I wont let myself get lynched ever but if it does confirm someone else as mafia aka fake cop with a guilty on me. Screaming town is far from being scummy and its not ''stating the obvious'' when its the first few pages. Also, stating the obvious is always good since not all players see what you see and i learned to not trust anyone to carry me, again, as both alignement.

I am not scared either, my first post was gimmicky and scummy, i even shared information that makes me hard to townread you know. And seriously dont fos ppl for claiming town, its ridiculous
Oh tell me the sentence of "I'm town" is not scummy, again? Really?

Thanks for the advices, but i wanna learn while experiencing. If i think wrong, i wanna experience it. Of course everybody tries hard to not to get lynched but usually your win condition doesnt say you need to survive. I still think stating the obvious is a good way at all. If not everyone can see what you see, then its not obvious that much.

I dont know if you're town or mafia, as you said its hard to read you, especially when its early game. But if i dont have a major scumread, i may aim to lycnh you since you are hard to read. Even if you're town, I think you can give town a good information.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:16 am

EBWOP

"I still think stating the obvious is
not
a good way at all."
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:17 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 37, Blakebtb23 wrote:

This is my first ever forum mafia game, although I have played a ton IRL, my group plays at least like twice a week. We even made a power ranking for mafia (alongside our Melee power rankings) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1831303955

So i generally lead the discussion irl, but i'm new to forum mafia so I might be quieter here.

Right now I am slightly suspicious of desmond, he kind of jokingly accused 2 people, might be something scum would do whereas town would give a serious random vote. Toffee has been quiet for being a IC, hellfire has not spoken yet, and drone gave 1 random vote and didn't talk at all after, so those 3 are also on more my radar compared to the other people who i've been getting town vibes from. I guess I'll throw my vote for
and see what he says
A tip, dont openly out why youre trying to achieve with a vote, rxn testing is important. Also, demond's foses were obviously empty and he never implied otherwise so that vote is 100% empty too
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:20 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 38, The Turkish Delight wrote:
In post 36, CloudKicker wrote:@turkish

Oh tell me the sentence of "I'm town" is not scummy, again? Really?

Thanks for the advices, but i wanna learn while experiencing. If i think wrong, i wanna experience it. Of course everybody tries hard to not to get lynched but usually your win condition doesnt say you need to survive. I still think stating the obvious is a good way at all. If not everyone can see what you see, then its not obvious that much.

I dont know if you're town or mafia, as you said its hard to read you, especially when its early game. But if i dont have a major scumread, i may aim to lycnh you since you are hard to read. Even if you're town, I think you can give town a good information.
You contradicted yourself on your post buddy. You said you wouldnt mind lynching me since im hard to read and that would give town information. Im pretty if all the town would policy someone for that reaosn, you would get 0 information. Also, dont depend on flips -> good players will beat you and will defend towns too, a lot (chainsawing) and you can go 2/2 before the end of the day if you actually try
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 37, Blakebtb23 wrote:

and see what he says
Sorry for triple posts but, who did you get town vibes from and why
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

I think saying "I'm town" is not scummy but it's also not evidence for being town obviously, but it's fine that someone said that

I think that by turkish delight accusing cloud just for saying "I'm town" makes me lean toward turkish being town. I think if he was mafia, as a new player, he would be careful about what evidence he uses to accuse people as scum, but if he's town he would feel fine to throw out an accusation, especially if he actually thinks "i'm town" is scummy, which its not.
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:28 am

In post 41, CloudKicker wrote:You contradicted yourself on your post buddy. You said you wouldnt mind lynching me since im hard to read and that would give town information. Im pretty if all the town would policy someone for that reaosn, you would get 0 information. Also, dont depend on flips -> good players will beat you and will defend towns too, a lot (chainsawing) and you can go 2/2 before the end of the day if you actually try
Why would it not give info for town? I mean it wont if we lycnh someone right now but if we do it like closer to deadline? How it wont give info?

Also, for this scenario, for a policy lynch, i wouldnt have a major scumread, otherwise i probably wouldnt vote for it. Would do it just for securing the lynch.

And, till i can come up with another thing, i guess i depend on flips a little.

Will try my best for sure.
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

A tip, dont openly out why youre trying to achieve with a vote, rxn testing is important. Also, demond's foses were obviously empty and he never implied otherwise so that vote is 100% empty too
How does explaining my vote weaken the rxn test?

Ya desmonds vote was empty, just the way he presented it seemed like he's trying to force it to be a lighthearted vibe, then he asked a question afterwards, which if a town answers then those two have some rapport and would be more inclined to trust eachother. Just seems like a post that a newer player that got scum could possibly make, so it gave me slight scum vibes.
Sorry for triple posts but, who did you get town vibes from and why
You, turkish, and tenshii seem slightly more townish than the others atm
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 am

In post 43, Blakebtb23 wrote:I think saying "I'm town" is not scummy but it's also not evidence for being town obviously, but it's fine that someone said that

I think that by turkish delight accusing cloud just for saying "I'm town" makes me lean toward turkish being town. I think if he was mafia, as a new player, he would be careful about what evidence he uses to accuse people as scum, but if he's town he would feel fine to throw out an accusation, especially if he actually thinks "i'm town" is scummy, which its not.
Wow, we really think different on that "saying i'm town is scummy/not scummy" subject. Or you 2 are just buddies and backing up each other, maybe. Possibility exists.

Well, i'm off, its 00.38 am in here. Cya tomorrow.

Try not to bugger each other :)
Blakebtb23
Blakebtb23
Townie
Blakebtb23
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Blakebtb23 »

In post 46, The Turkish Delight wrote:
In post 43, Blakebtb23 wrote:I think saying "I'm town" is not scummy but it's also not evidence for being town obviously, but it's fine that someone said that

Wow, we really think different on that "saying i'm town is scummy/not scummy" subject. Or you 2 are just buddies and backing up each other, maybe. Possibility exists.

Well, i'm off, its 00.38 am in here. Cya tomorrow.

Try not to bugger each other :)
I come from an avalon and irl mafia background, and those games usually start by people claiming they are town/good, and we've never viewed that as being scummy. It might be a bit different on forum but I still think its fine to say
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:35 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 44, The Turkish Delight wrote:
In post 41, CloudKicker wrote:You contradicted yourself on your post buddy. You said you wouldnt mind lynching me since im hard to read and that would give town information. Im pretty if all the town would policy someone for that reaosn, you would get 0 information. Also, dont depend on flips -> good players will beat you and will defend towns too, a lot (chainsawing) and you can go 2/2 before the end of the day if you actually try
Why would it not give info for town? I mean it wont if we lycnh someone right now but if we do it like closer to deadline? How it wont give info?

Also, for this scenario, for a policy lynch, i wouldnt have a major scumread, otherwise i probably wouldnt vote for it. Would do it just for securing the lynch.

And, till i can come up with another thing, i guess i depend on flips a little.

Will try my best for sure.
Not saying it wont give info, im saiyng fucking lynch mafia over getting yourself lynched for info
The Turkish Delight
The Turkish Delight
Townie
The Turkish Delight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Couldnt sleep yet o_O
In post 48, CloudKicker wrote:Not saying it wont give info, im saiyng fucking lynch mafia over getting yourself lynched for info
I was saying it for just in case, of course lynching scum is preferable.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”