Newbie 1759 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 574, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:yo hey i'm in there too

3rd one down the left
Everyone is. Just if you could find it, though. The shorter the name, the more difficult to find.
I AM BACK
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Zaicon »

Final Vote Count - Day 3

:right:
Showtime (4):
gigabyteTroubadour, Fredrick E Campbell, Selynee, PenguinPower

No Vote (3):
Immy, Papa Zito, Showtime

Showtime,
Mafia Goon
, has been lynched!

Fredrick E Campbell,
Town Cop
, wins the game!
gigabyteTroubadour,
Vanilla Townie
, wins the game!
Immy,
Vanilla Townie
, wins the game!
Papa Zito,
Vanilla Townie
, wins the game!
PenguinPower,
Vanilla Townie
, wins the game!
Selynee,
Town Doctor
, wins the game!
SugarNips also wins the game.

Night 1 Actions

Fredrick E Campbell investigates rJXr.
Selynee protects Papa Zito.
Showtime kills Papa Zito.
Friend Computer roleblocks rJXr.

Night 2 Actions

Fredrick E Campbell investigates gigabyteTroubadour.
Selynee protects gigabyteTroubadour.

Mafia Thread
Dead Thread
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Papa Zito »

So Showtime did flake?

Boo.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Papa Zito »

gj Immy you were a key player in this win
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

kinda surprised showtime actually did flake, he was pretty active in GD. win doesn't feel cheap though because he was the obvious lynch anyway *shrug*

Definitely a fun table of players, I'd love to see you guys more often here! This game was a bit slow (most newbies are, only 9 players to move the game along and not everyone is there to stay most of the time) and easy tbh so I'd recommend hitting up another game, but I still had a lot of fun~

Later, I'm probably going to write up a post with constructive criticism on the newbies' play, I was pretty impressed and I think with some more experience you'll be pretty good at this. That goes for Friend Computer too, I was pretty sure my lynchpool from D1 had all the scum in it so I was pretty surprised that SN flipped town (later when I reread the game i realized i missed some of his townier posts... sorry dude :( )!

If any of you want to take it up a notch, we could also set-up a hydra account (where two or more people share the account and play in the same slot and have a private forum thread to talk to each other in) and hit up the Open Queue (theme games are a little less newbie friendly. i say that considering myself a newb :P). The other queues generally fill much faster than the Newbie queue too so the long and painful wait for this game won't be as bad. part of me is asking this just because i want to pry directly into frederick's brain................. i'm sure you all understand.

also rip Immy :cry:
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Selynee »

Well, Papa Zito on the bright side, Showtime seems to have a very high opinion of your skills.

GG, though I do realize I've trusted you too easily D1, GT. I did read your game- the fact that you've decided to not let go someone who had a PR claim was actually quite amazing. Your interactions with Roar though, knowing you were Mafia and he was town- that was almost scary :)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 am

Honestly I don't know if I could pull that off again ://. having a good scumgame (not that i think mine is, 1 game where i was really lucky doesn't mean much tbh) makes playing town a lot harder.

The part I like about Matrix6 is all of the crazy gambits you can pull off as scum or a PR if you know what you're doing. Being able to make a slot that should be confirmed town look suspicious is HUGE as scum because stopping town from working together is key (look how this game went, once we lynched SugarNips, town basically found each other and sorted out most of their TvTs D2. the only major "fight" was Showtime and me)!

another secret to scumplay is to be honest and have fun with yourself - I legitimately liked talking to Roar, Eeeln and the whole table really, which really helped everything look genuine. rolling scum as your first game is kinda brutal (which is why i feel bad for FC :( ) since most people don't really know how the game works as town and it makes the whole process a bit confusing, but i think you can get the hang of it pretty easily. you'd be off to a pretty good start if you emulated your townplay here honestly, part of me was worried you were doing the same thing my friend did in 1746 (although it was unintentional on her part) :laugh:. don't take that as an insult though, your questions were actually useful and your analysis was both strong and genuine.

Although now that you bring it up, I should probably work on my townplay a bit more since it
does
look pretty similar to my scumplay. This game, I feel like I was too open with myself during RVS (I probably would have had good material to push FC with if I had asked a more subtle question about reads, for example). a lot of my newbie gameplay does focus on being a teacher-like figure (100% personality :/), which is nice as scum because it makes people inclined to trust you, but as town it's sometimes hard to think of questions that make people think and let you weed out legitimate thought processes.

i'm also really bad at reacting to pressure, while a lot of losing my cool in-thread was fake (large text and a sailor mouth makes everything convincing tbh), my fight with showtime kinda made me lurk from the game a bit more. i guess part of me was worried his misreps were actually indicative of my play :/. i still have no idea why i let go of my Nobita read too :/. i know you and rXJr townread him but when i asked you guys about that read i was planning on countering it with what i saw :?. the game probably would have turned out much differently if we lynched Showtime D2 because I never got sidetracked by Penguin.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 581, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:the game probably would have turned out much differently if we lynched Showtime D2 because I never got sidetracked by Penguin.
I always try to do my part :P
Immy
Immy
Townie
Immy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Immy »

i feel as though i contributed a great amount to this game, you're welcome guys!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Totally MVP.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 584, PenguinPower wrote:Totally MVP.
What's MVP.
I AM BACK
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:49 am

sorry i never got back on everyone on this :dead:

if you're still interested in feedback hmu i think Mina's clearing out games now so the thread will be locked

Nobita
Nobita
Townie
Nobita
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Nobita »

So it's townie victory? GG for everyone.
Sorry for went inactive, much thank you for Showtime to replaced me.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:42 am

In post 587, Nobita wrote:So it's townie victory? GG for everyone.
Sorry for went inactive, much thank you for Showtime to replaced me.
<3

It happens dude :P

You guys were in a really tough position D2. Showtime replacing in really hurt you too because he was scummier and I think most of the reasoning people were townreading you was because you played in a very newbie fashion. Personally I think his roleblock choice was bad (Selynee was an obvious doctor to me) too, but PR hunting is very difficult for most players. I think the best play in that night would have been to RB Zito or me (most threatening players to have a cop since they scumread at least 1 scum) and kill Selynee (rational, well-townread player that doesn't really point to anyone).

My advice for next time you roll scum is to not be afraid to call someone scum. When you suspected me, a lot the ways your posts were worded made it seem like you were unsure if you actually suspected me, which implies scum doublethink (thinking simultaneously in a scum mindset and a town mindset and the resulting contradictory mess coming out). Other than that I think you played very well! :]

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:44 am

oh and frederick, MVP stands for Most Valuable Player.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Mina »

Goodbye.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”