Neon Genesis Orca Title Fairy: Dance Like You Want to Win!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1292 (isolation #0) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Flameaxe wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:
skitzer wrote:K then,
Nominate rossobud for Citizen Karne
Second and third and fourth
it's just that brilliant.
third and fourth and fifth
fourth and fifth and sixth
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1446 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:24 pm

second Very inquisitive

He asks a lot of questions in his games.

He asks
questions in his first 10 posts of mini 783

11 questions in his first 10 posts of Mafia 91
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1491 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:39 pm

That's really generous title-giving, and I think that it might be given more attention because a list mod suggested it. I think that a title should be refer to something that happened (like this) and is a brilliant title, or it should be based on someone's general behavior. This title isn't brilliant. Now, if it were well known that reckoner did A LOT of ICING, the title would be based on his general behavior and would totally work. But that isn't true. I think he's only ICing
one
newbie game right now.

This isn't me being angry because I don't have a title. It's just want to preserve the sanctity of titles.

Nothing against you, reckoner, I hope that you'll get nommed for a really awesome title later, instead of one that I think is (no offense Vel-Rahn-Koon) pretty stupid.

In case I didn't make my point clear, I don't think that's a good title or even a good event to base a title off of.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1530 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 am

Eye of the Beholder wrote:Image

The Stranger?
Good movie.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1639 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 am

Thok wrote:
Oman wrote:Thok, with all due respect, I feel this is important enough to go over your head if you don't alert CJMiller's offensive Homophobia to mith by COB tomorrow. I'm sorry, its just the way I feel.
mith wrote:You should not make any post, or start any thread, with the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other user on this site.
CJMiller didn't have the intention of abusing, ridiculing, insulting, offending, or upsetting any other users for being gay, but was rather reacting to a vaguely perceived attack on his own sexuality and self-image. If you can show me any users CJMiller was specifically intending to call out, then there's a complaint. I don't actually see any such users; he was only deriding the use of the word gay to describe him.

I consider it the equivalent of jokingly giving Oman the title "New Zealand boy" and having him freak out because he's Australian and not from New Zealand and then claiming to be insulted that people want to claim that he's from New Zealand.

(Perhaps a better hypothetical example would be trying to assign the word "Virgin" to a user who's annoyed that people try to give him that title.)

Yeah, CJMiller's response was either not particularly enlightened or not particularly well-worded. And mith may feel free to overrule me. But in my reading of the rules, CJMiller didn't actually break them.
Wait, so the rule is all about intent? So, like if I say something that someone perceives as offensive, but my intent wasn't to be offensive, I'm good?
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1672 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Ether wrote:Nominate BridgesAndBaloons for
Status Faux

(Having said that, does anyone seriously bug him about that?)
Thank you very much for the nom, but people do actually seem to still think I'm TSQ and it's pissing me off.

I know you didn't mean that title offensively, but I will not be accepting any titles that reference the thought that I am shea.
unless it cleverly refers to some other part of my role in this community. But I don't think anyone will do one like that, it'll all be "Not shea" or "Not TSQ's alt" or something like that
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1682 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:04 pm

Thestatusquo wrote:I like SiaS for BaB
I changed my mind, I don't like it.

Ha Ha Ha,
see I pretended I was shea

I actually won't accept the title because someone people (Kmd being one of them) still think I'm shea and I don't want anyone to have any more reason to think that.

Thanks for the nom though, it's a very clever title!
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1693 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 pm

This should prove once and for all that I am not TSQ. If you look in teh opening psot of Mini 835 (this is what I linked to), TSQ is currently playing, and I am in to replace the next person who needs replacement.

I wouldn't cheat, shea wouldn't cheat, so I think this proves it.

I accept the title Shea it ain't so!
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #2448 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 am

Korts wrote:But to be fair I don't see this event as anywhere near title-worthy or particularly indicative of Reck as a personality.
Agreed, but he could use some cheering up. Accidents really suck.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #2484 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 pm

CJMiller wrote:
yawetag wrote: Too long. How about
<placeholder>
Second
Third
Signature:

Return to “Player Titles”