Title Fairy: Out With The Orca, In With The Moogle

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:06 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Netopalis wrote:Nominate: Sudo_Nym for "No Longer New."
I like it. I think I'm going to
second
. Winning the best newbie award in 2007 is the thing he stands out for to me. Only thing making me doubt is that he was actually asking for a title...

I'm really disappointed with the suggestions for DGB. If you want to make a serious suggestion for DGB, please explain why it is better then her current one. If you don't want to make a serious suggestion, why are you spamming up this thread?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:28 am

mole wrote:Do we even have to try to be super clever about it? Let's give him "Best Newbie" permanently and everyone will be happy.
What do you mean, that's not super clever?
Second

I definately believe that Sudo should get a title related to having had the best newbie title for two years. Some very good suggestions have been made. To add to the options:
"newbie since 2008"
to reference the fact that the only time he didn't have a newbie related title was when he actually was a newbie?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:33 pm

@Oman: I think it would be useful if you kept a list of all suggestions made. Pseudo_Newbie does not stand out to me as the best suggestion that has been made. However, now that it's a couple of weeks later, it's quite a bit of work to delve through the thread to find them all.

Reading back, this is what I found:
  • No longer new
  • Pseudo_Newbie
  • Best Usedbie
  • Best Used-To-Be
  • Forever Young
  • Ponce the Leon
  • Best Newbie
  • newbie since 2008
  • no added preservatives
  • Newbie Classic
  • Newbier then You
  • Best Newbie Forever
  • Deus Res Novae
Out of that list, Pseudo_Newbie seems not the best one to me. It relies almost solely on the username pun, and doesn't convey to me the fact that Sudo held the best newbie title for 2 years.

Out of that list, I like "No longer new", "Best used-to-be", "forever young", "Best Newbie", and "newbie since 2008" the best. Especially the last two seem good.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:58 am

@shaft.ed: what is the reasoning behind newbie since 2007? I suggested newbie since 2008 because that is when he received the best newbie title, implying that he was not a newbie (but rather townsperson, then goon, then mafia scum) in the year he joined.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #4) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Can we finally get a decission on a title for Sudo please? There has been general support for a title related to him holding best newbie longer then he should. I don't think giving it more time will lead to a clearer favourite, and it really would be a disappointement if he didn't get a title because there were too many good suggestions.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:57 am

That doesn't seem like a good title, IMO. Needless nameplay, rewarding poor play, and to be frank, being scummy doesn't help you stand out of the crowd. I haven't played with him, so I can't judge how appropriate it is, but I'm not a fan.

Besides, a quick look at the linked thread seems to show me, that the problem isn't appearing scummy, but rather significantly screwing up.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:27 pm

@Almaster: Lots of posts, some of which have merit. You just need to find them. AKA needle in a haystack.

Return to “Player Titles”