Player Titles - Ideas, Suggestions, & Comments

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 39, Annadog40 wrote:Can titles have images?
technically, yes. Hoopla, for example, has a birthday cake as her title.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 am

Post by zoraster »

From a technological standpoint, not much. You can take a look at how I've done some of the newer scummies in titles (e.g. varsoon's).

From a practical standpoint, I'd probably say use a higher standard overall for images, and make it higher and higher the larger and larger it gets. Certainly it should be no wider than avatars are allowed (120px) and probably no higher than scummies (30px). It probably shouldn't be somethign that might be confused with a site award (scummies, COTM, etc.)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:40 am

Post by zoraster »

emojis in a title would just be an image, so I imagine the same thing would go for that. But again, I'd say a higher standard needs to be applied to any image title.

That said, within reason the title fairy sets the policy. If he says no images, no emojis, whatever, that's what goes. I'm mostly here just to set some outside boundaries.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 am

Post by zoraster »

The index page arguably already has too much on it. I don't mean to disparage titles in any way, but they are not important enough to have their own index-level forum. They wouldn't even have this subforum if I could easily grant moderator permissions to only one thread, though I like how the subforum has worked out with its easy access to prior title threads. Feel free to point people to the titles section, but there isn't going to be a massive campaign to increase participation on an admin and moderator basis.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #80 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:32 am

Post by zoraster »

And honestly, are we really lacking participation? There have been 238 posts in 12 days in the title fairy thread, an average of around 20 posts a day. Admittedly 33 of those posts are Psyche's so really we're talking about 17 posts a day from users. There have been 45 different posters in that 12 day period, so it's not like it's just the same people going back and forth (30 of those have at least 2 posts, so if we suppose the 1 post people were just posting for their ego search, that's still quite a few people participating in a limited amount of time).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #82 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:39 am

Post by zoraster »

Just as a historical note, there were 292 days in Chevre's title fairy thread and 3584 posts for 12 posts a day.
There were 416 days in SleepyKrew's title thread and 2593 posts, or 6 posts a day.
There were 956 days in TBM's reign (long may he live) and 4320 posts* for 4.5 posts a day.

*Worth mentioning that TBM deleted lots of posts in his time, so this is likely lower than the real number of posts.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:40 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 81, Psyche wrote:yeah but i want more
That's a good sign for a title fairy.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 am

Post by zoraster »

Psyche and I have chatted about this and I've decided to let him see how this plays out. He has a firm command on what he wants to accomplish, and traditionally the staff have taken a very hands-off approach to titles, letting the Title Fairy do as he thinks appropriate.

Return to “Player Titles”