[OLD] Open Setup Discussion and Nominations

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2125 (isolation #0) » Wed May 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

Okay these roles were not made by me but there are 2 roles that a friend of mine uses on another site.

Call this:
Sometimes they come back
set up
3 mafia of the 3 mafia 1 is RB
1 sheriff
1 doctor
1 City Record Clerk
1 vig
1 bodyguard
4 townie
Basically in this game you will know if scum or townie is lynched, but roles will not be revealed to anyone, but the City records clerk
City Records Clerk
The City Records Clerk is told the specific role of any Townsperson killed during the game.
SA: Once per Game, during the Phase immediately following a Townsperson’s death, the City Records Clerk may assume the Role of that player. They lose their own role (meaning they no longer are told the roles of deceased Townsfolk) and gain the abilities of the Role they are replacing. They are considered a ‘new’ version of that role, so any previously used limited-use abilities are still available.

Here is the other set up.
Call this:
I'm not crazy I'm drunk

set up
3 mafia
1 sheriff
1 doctor
1 Town Drunk
6 townie

Town Drunk
The Town Drunk’s public Lynch vote never counts. Additionally, the Town Drunk behaves erratically at Night. Sometimes he finds a ‘buddy’ to spend the night drinking with. Sometimes he gets angry & violent. Other times he might stumble across an injured person and remember some of his military medic training. And some nights, he just likes to get drunk and peep into windows.
SA/NF: The Town Drunk may choose another player at Night. He will then use one of the following abilities on that player: Roleblock, Attack, Heal or Investigate(determining Night Activity as a Detective). The choice of which ability is activated is normally a random one. Once per Game, the Town Drunk may choose the ability that is used. However, this moment of lucidity disables this entire ability for the rest of the Game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2228 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Well since you nixed my first idea Mith maybe when my open game comes up I could do this one if people like it.

I'm not crazy I'm drunk

set up
3 mafia
1 sheriff
1 doctor
1 Town Drunk
6 townie

Town Drunk
The Town Drunk’s public Lynch vote never counts. Additionally, the Town Drunk behaves erratically at Night. Sometimes he finds a ‘buddy’ to spend the night drinking with. Sometimes he gets angry & violent. Other times he might stumble across an injured person and remember some of his military medic training. And some nights, he just likes to get drunk and peep into windows.
SA/NF: The Town Drunk may choose another player at Night. He will then use one of the following abilities on that player: Roleblock, Attack, Heal or Investigate(determining Night Activity as a Detective). The choice of which ability is activated is normally a random one. Once per Game, the Town Drunk may choose the ability that is used. However, this moment of lucidity disables this entire ability for the rest of the game and he become a regular vanilla townie.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2260 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Twomz wrote:Small Group Mafia (Open Nightless)

Town devided into 4 groups of 3.

Group 1 - Local Government
Mafia aligned
Corrupt Mayor (Investigation Immune)
Corrupt Sherriff (Role Name Day Cop)
Local Mafia Leaders Nephew (Goon)

Each mafia member has one daykill. When a mafia member dies, remaining members get to choose a target to kill. They can converse freely amoungst themselves throughout the day.

Group 2 - Labor Union
Town aligned
Labor Union President (knows who other two group members are, if he is killed, both other members die; if all others in group die, becomes a day cop)
Factory inspector
Construction Worker

Group 3 - Medical College
Town aligned
Dean of Medicine (knows who other two group members are, if he is killed both other members die; if all others in group die, becomes bulletproof)
Retired Doctor
Medical Student

Group 4 - Wal Mart
Town Aligned
Manager (knows who other two group members are, if he is killed both other members die; if all others in group die, becomes vig)
Cashier
Greeter

Alternatives could be everyone but group leaders vanilla (don't change after others die), or beef up the mafia somehow and give town groups non leaders role+backup (ie. doc and nurse for med school).
Nomin
ate.

I would be in this in a heartbeat
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2264 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:42 am

Post by farside22 »

xyzzy wrote:Town mass claims. Scum don't have fake claims. Town wins.
Claiming would be bad.
Claim lead role, mafia kills
claim lead role, mafia kills
claim lead role, mfaia kills
claim lead role, one mafia dies the rest kill lead role
mafia wins.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2293 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Texas Injustice
8 town vigs with one-shot un-nightkillability
4 mafia with one-shot unnightkillability for each member
Nominate
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2356 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:27 am

Post by farside22 »

dcorbe wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Adel wrote:
Lover Multiball

2 groups of 2 Lover Goons, Mafia A (4)
2 groups of 2 Lover Goons, Mafia B (4)
8 groups of 2 Townie Lovers (16)

should it be nightless with daytalking?
Nominate
and yes
Second!
Third

Also would like to see bad idea mafia and this run again

Masons and Monks Mafia (12 players)
2 mafia goons
2 werewolves
8 townies
2 of the above are masons (selected randomly from non-mafia)
2 of the above are monks (selected randomly from non-wolves)
night start; the first cross-kill in both directions fails
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2360 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:Polygamist filled up
way
too fast.

Thesp, can you throw a another one in the queue? I didn't get a chance to /in for it.
I think a second helping of the game is in order too thesp
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2372 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Ether wrote:
Watcher Multiball
(15 players)
1 mafia watcher
2 mafia goons
vs.

1 werewolf watcher
2 werewolves
vs.

1 weak-seer (dies if it targets a werewolf)
2 vigilantes
6 vanilla townies

Day start. Scum are crosskill-immune, which is of course the only reason their kill might fail. Endgame priority for werewolves. (This extends to prisoner's dilemma--it activates as soon as it is impossible for the town to win, if there are an equal number of mafia and werewolves.)

Credit to Patrick. The key here is that the scum can identify each other fairly easily, but still need to lynch each other. I'm iffy about whether the weak-seer is a good idea, but I like asymmetrical scumgroups and don't want to throw protective roles in. Thoughts?
I don't like the weak seer. This seems more slated for the wolf or scum to win then the town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2389 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Don't forget Thesp a couple of people would like to see this back for a second or third run.

AITP
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2391 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Didn't AITP just get two back-to-back runs?
The game was run twice with the same people involved. Do to a bit of a discrepancy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2703 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Night Watch Mafia

3 Mafia Goons
1 Role Cop (detects Goons as "vanilla")
2 Watchers
1 Hider
5 Vanilla townies

Night Start
since Thesp should be looking her soon for open game. I will Nom this and whatever number I'm nomming. It looks like fun
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2753 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Zorglag: Set up is really not an open game. Usually games that don't reveal roles is for theme games only.

Wolf: That really isn't an open set up type game, but I like the idea for a theme game large.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2755 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am

Post by farside22 »

wolframnhart wrote:
farside22 wrote:Zorglag: Set up is really not an open game. Usually games that don't reveal roles is for theme games only.

Wolf: That really isn't an open set up type game, but I like the idea for a theme game large.
Ah thanks Farside, i just didn't know the category it should be in and just tossed the idea out there, figured someone would point me in the right place. Thanks!
If you ever get it going let me know. :wink:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2758 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

xyzzy wrote:
Third Day Mafia

3 scum
6 town

nightless, the only lynch that matters is day three; if scum is lynched D3, town wins; if town is lynched D3, scum wins.

----

Coincedentally, any game like this that ends D3 and would be in a normal game lylo D3 if town was lynched every day, the odds of either team will be <size of other team>:<total number of players>. Hence, this game has town winning 33% of randomly played games; 4 scum, 7 town has 44%; 2 scum, 5 town has 28%, and so on.

(Actually, while it wouldn't be much work, I haven't concretely proven this statement. However, this works out for all of these, so I'm blindly assuming some magic is at work and it works for producing a game of whatever balance you'd like.)
So what happens if no mafia is lynched till day three, the town wins?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2768 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Darox wrote:
Hangman

1 Lyncher A
1 Lynchee A
1 Lyncher B
1 Lynchee B
8 Vanilla Townies
Hi all. We are talking a bit about this game in the queue line. Nat noticed that 6 people liked the idea. I agreed with Fonz on the too many vanilla's comment. I was curious to know if the lyncher's talk to each other. Do the Lynchee's know each other. Things like this should be known before the game is run.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2769 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:
How I learned to Love the Bomb

1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia/Lover

1 Lover with Mafia
1 Bomb/Lover
1 Lover with Bomb
6 Vanilla

Bomb win condition is with the town; explodes both upon lynch (kills hammer) and NK (kills the killer).
Seems messy. Something about it makes me feel it isn't quiet balanced.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2771 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:58 am

Post by farside22 »

Natirasha wrote:It's removed from my list until we come to a consensus here.
Not that we can open a game once it's filled yet anyways. :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2776 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:About hangman. I'd think 4 vanillas is enough. The lynchers shouldn't know each other.
farside22 wrote: Seems messy. Something about it makes me feel it isn't quiet balanced.
Natirasha wrote:Day Two+, game turns to a 6/1 mountainous setup.
Fair enough, I spent the better part of five minutes thinking about it. My main goal was to make a Dr. Strangelove reference.
I'm thinking with it that maybe adding someone who can defuse the bomb. Also I think a mafia lover with a mafia townie is harsh along with a bomb that kills the person that NK's him makes the mafia very sad in this set up.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2779 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:@Max: So the setup is basically not much more than a 9:3 mountainous with someone who decides on deadline lynches?

@farside: the mafia lover was an added afterthought, I just didn't want only one lover pair, because that would make them effectively a mason group. Possibly a third mafia goon and one or two less townies could balance it out? Like this:

2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Lover

1 Lover with mafia
1 Lover Bomb
1 Lover with Bomb
4 Vanillas

Which makes me think. It'd be nice to have four casualties in one night by having the mafia lover target the lover/bomb.
Actually I like this idea better. As mafia I would have the lover perform the kill just in case the bomb was someone targeted. That way you have 3 townies and 1 mafia dead. That leaves 3 vanillas (assuming vanilla is lynched and 2 mafia. lylo situation.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2786 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay folks. Get to work with some noms so we can get the queue line moving smoothly.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2813 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay for now I have Bird's C9 on the queue lines. I want to see people second or third or even nominate things they would like to play.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2824 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:25 am

Post by farside22 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Adel wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Adel wrote:
Mayo Clinic Mafia

2 Mafia Doctors
1 Mafia Goon
6 Doctors
2 Compulsive Vigs
1 Compulsive Sk
Looks like fun, but you might tone down the number of Docs?

2 Mafia Docs will circle protect each night and are thus a NK immune pair until one gets lynched. Don't know if that was by design.

Also how does an early Massclaim effect the Compuslive Killers. Seems a decent town strat would be to have the vigs claim D1 so some Docs can protect them. This also give a 1/3 chance of knowing the SK as Compulsive Vig would be his likely safe claim.

What about removing the SK, two protown Docs and a Mafia Doc?
Each doc protect only protects against a single NK attempt. With 4 NKs a night a single player will need double protection to prevent a nk in many cases. I don't see a massclaim really resolving anything until at least the third day.
Looks like fun; I'll
Nominate: Mayo Clinic
(or whatever the name ends up being)
[/quote]

My one concern with Mayo is that mafia, vig and SK. I think mafia has the advantage as they only have to worry about 2 people maybe killing them where the town has to worry about 3 people killing them.
I do love the idea.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2827 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:if I tossed in a tracker would that help you feel better about it?

2 Mafia Doctors
1 Mafia Goon
6 Doctors
2 Compulsive Vigs
1 Compulsive Sk
1 Tracker

Day Start

notes:
~ each doctor protects against a single NK, and can not self-protect.
~ mafia doctors can also perform the mafia's NK
~ The Sk in Nk immune
~ "Compulsive" means that the Vigs and Sk must submit a kill each night, failure to submit a kill results in them targeting a random player, possibly resulting in them killing themselves (the SK is not immune to his own NK)
I'm just thinking 1 mafia doc should be enough. I may just run it as a 12 player game and see what happens with your orginal idea. I have a feeling a lot of no kills might happen.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2830 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Wall-E wrote:Four kills and eight protects. You could give one of the mafia a double bullet kill, meaning it would take two docs to protect, or you could make it so two docs protecting a player causes an overdose and the target dies.
How is it four kills? I see a sk, a vig and the mafia group. Am I missing something?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2833 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:I think you are right about 1 mafia doc and 2 goons being better than 2 mafia docs and 1 goon.

Mayo Clinic

1 Mafia Doctor
2 Mafia Goons
1 Compulsive Sk
2 Compulsive Vigs
6 Doctors

Day Start

notes:
~ each doctor protects against a single NK, and can not self-protect.
~ mafia doctor can also perform the mafia's NK
~ The Sk in Nk immune
~ "Compulsive" means that the Vigs and Sk must submit a kill each night, and failure to submit a kill results in them targeting a random player, possibly resulting in them killing themselves (the SK is not immune to his own NK)
farside22 wrote: I have a feeling a lot of no kills might happen.
It is hard to die at the Mayo Clinic ;)
Great. I love it. Wish I could play it.
Lets get it on the sign ups!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2835 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Wall-E. You may want to check the queue line. ;)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2837 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I'm thinking the next 2 on the block will be this one suggest by Korts
Adel wrote:
Korts wrote:
Friends and Enemies and Enemies and That Other Guy

2 Mafia
2 Werewolves
2 Masons
1 Backup Mason (becomes mason upon death of either mason, isn't informed of being backup, i.e. initially gets a vanilla PM)
5 Vanilla Townies
nominate
And an old favorite:

Two of Four (a9)

2 Mafia
5 Townies
2 Power Roles (Cop/Doc/RB/Miller, without duplication)

Unless anyone wants to see something else.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2855 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:41 am

Post by farside22 »

I must admit I am interested to see the Gun C9 myself. Also Jahudo the cult game is not mafia. So no.
Red Rover game. Hmm 3 deaths with lots of vanilla. Mmmmm I will see if others like that game before I say yay or nay on that one.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2877 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

I have a feeling shaft.ed is right at least about the claimed millers part at least. Personally I would dislike being the traitor and the mafia get screwed by not knowing the person they may kill could be the silent partner.
Just saying.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2881 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:ok, make the millers bastard-mod millers who get vanilla townie role PMs. That would make it extra Unclean.
Oh that is just mean. :twisted:
I want popcorn while watching that game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2892 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote: Also, an idea for a twist on C9
Even/Odd C9 wrote:2 Mafia Goons

1 Odd Night Cop
1 Even Night Doctor
3 Vanilla Townies
Second
What is odd and even. Does the mod roll a dice for each roll and if that roll happens they are successful?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2899 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:08 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Unclean Mafia v.2

1 Mafia Godfather
1 Mafia Tracker
1 Mafia Goon
2 Millers (get townie PM)
2 Cops
5 Townies

Night Start
Are people still sold on this idea? Let me know I'm looking for a couple of games right now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2908 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:
Unclean Mafia v.2

1 Mafia Godfather
1 Mafia Tracker
1 Mafia Goon
2 Millers (get townie PM)
2 Cops
5 Townies

Night Start
for balance, I predict that the game is about 55% scum win / 45% town win.
Isn't the cop best off not using his role at all? To reduce confusion.
Not really. He can claim guilty and there is two of them. If I were the cop I still would use my ability especially at N0. Then if I got a guilty I would see how the person played before I supported a lynched. By Night 1 hope to have a better idea on who is scum and town.
Is the GF considered innocent? I assume so.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2914 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Adel wrote:correct, for night 0 each cop gets:
1 Mafia Godfather, 5 Townies, 1 Cop = 6/7 accuracy
1 Mafia Tracker, 1 Mafia Goon, 2 Millers = 1/2 accuracy
And one of said town roles dies. I don't see the cops as having any reason to claim with less than 3 or 4 investigations, and even then, the town will fail at Dethy.
Be like me. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2934 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
OhGodMyLife wrote:
Nominate Carbon-14
for another run. Its a sweet setup.
second
what an odd run: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0
21 calender days and six pages.
I was wondering about that too. I'm asking others how it went. I'm going to read the whole thing myself today. Amazed the town won with the cop lynched day 1.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2945 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Tread Carefully

4 Mafia Goons
3 PGO's
5 Townies

Or should it be 2 PGO's and 6 Townies?
I can't imagine people wanting to play a game like this. The whole idea that if mafia hits the wrong person they are dead. Also 4 goons in a 12 player games seem a bit high.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2946 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:34 am

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote:My first attempt:

Crazy Monkey Mafia:
1 Mafia
1 Loving Traitor (the scum-without-nightkill kind, dies if mafia dies)
1 Jester, NK immune
1 Jester's crazy monkey (wants the jester to die. i. e., Jester-traitor)
1 Role+Alliance sane cop (i. e., gets a full copy of the role PM for his investigative targets.
5 townies

If the jester wins, everyone else instantly loses. (except of course, his pet monkey)
In any indecisive endgames, the jester suicides after two no-NK no-lynch cycles.

The reason i was thinking it'd be a pretty good setup is that the traitor and monkey can claim cop, and yet the cop is quite powerful.
To tweak any one side's power, the options that would seem good is adding a roleblock to the mafia, or roleblock to the monkey, or doctoring to the monkey, or a cop head start.
"nice for a first try but no, pops?"
Making the Jester NK immune is wrong. He wins if lynched so the town and the mafia will always loss this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2950 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Question: Is the purpose of the Open Game Queue to move things along as fast as possible?

Be honest, please; I see an awful lot of
terrible
setups here those primary advantage seems to be that they can be played quickly, either to get around the months-long-game syndrome or the year-long-mod-queue in Mini Normal.

Not sure about all of them. The one's Adel proposed work well just a game that was poorly played. As for the lovers game. I think it's interesting.
I agree faster doesn't = better but some people like the faster games. If enough people say yes to faster games I will do a few that look balanced. Mostly I do a bit of the games that should take longer. I think Lovers and c-14 was just a weird thing. I'm waiting to see how this lovers game goes before I make up my mind on it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2954 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Tread Carefully

4 Mafia Goons (Two Nightkills per night that can be performed by one person)
3 Paranoid Gun Owners
5 Townies
nominate

The only issue is what if scum gets lucky with their two kills and hits town. I still feel that 4 mafia is too many for this set up.
Imagine.
Day 1 PGO lynched
Night 1, two townies killed
Day 2 has 5 players at this point in lynch or lose at this point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2966 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:15 am

Post by farside22 »

I agree with this:
would 4 goons: 4 PGO: 4 townie be better?

I like the 4 goons, but I think farside may be right, and 3 goons, 3 PGO, and 5 townies (11 players) is more balanced
Either 4, 4 and 4 or 3, 3 and 5. Either I think will work better.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2968 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote:Crazy Monkey Mafia v2:
1 Mafia (Knows who the jester is)
1 Loving Traitor (the scum-without-nightkill kind, dies if mafia dies) (also knows who the jester is)
1 Jester, NK immune
1 Jester's crazy monkey (wants the jester to die. i. e., Jester-traitor)
1 Role+Alliance sane cop (i. e., gets a full copy of the role PM for his investigative targets.
5 townies

No players can self vote
If the jester wins, everyone else instantly loses. (except of course, his pet monkey)
In any indecisive endgames, Mafia kills compulsively.

Less jester heavy? I can give the scum more advantages if i have to.
Jester NK immune is bad.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2971 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

popsofctown wrote:But if he's not NK immune, he can lose N1...
If he is NK immune he wins no matter what. Stick with bad.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2972 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

Plum wrote:
Plum wrote:I'm also taking my first shot at making open setups.

Wouldn't You Like To Know? Mafia

(2) Miller-Masons
(2) Mafia-Masons
(2) Masons: 1 mafia, 1 town
(1) Cop
(1) Mafioso
(4) Vanilla Townies

Day Start?
All town-aligned masons get a normal mason PM - millers aren't told their status, though do flip town on death.
Of the scum, only mason-scum can night talk, as can all mason pairs. Before the first day starts the scum are randomly numbered 1-4 and the scum and the highest number alive sends in the NK.

So, does this get pwned by massclaim or not? Constructive criticism? Like I said, I'm a bit of a novice at this.
Er, any comments?
I see 12 player game with 4 mafia member. 4 is too many. 3 is a good number with a 12 player game. 1 cop with 2 millers. Hmmm adel how about the stats on this game. Something feels off to me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2975 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Natirasha wrote: @ Flay: I like these short, simple games. A short, normal game on this site lasts about 3 months. I join opens so the game can be finished in less than an month.

No Turning Back

2x Mafia Suicide Bombers
2x Townie Suicide Bombers
3x Townies

Nightless, of course.
What happens when a town bomber blows up a mafia bomber? Does the mafia bomber then choose someone? And vis versa?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3012 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Natirasha wrote:
Korts wrote:
Impotence Mafia

2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Roleblocker
2 Compulsive Blank Vigs (their kills never go through; they shoot blanks)
1 Compulsive Vig
1 Pro-Town Roleblocker
5 Vanilla Townies
Omnomnominate

Great setup.
I like it too. I will have a game or two for people to choose Monday. Right now a classic in available.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3033 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:08 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:Thinking about this more I don't think a SK that gets through Doc protects makes any sense for the game set up.

Revised
Nurse Mafia 2.0

1 Goon
2 Mafia Docs*
1 Vig
8 Nurses**

*Doctors cannot protect the same target on consecutive nights, nor can they self protect.
**Once a Doctor has been replaced the replacement cannot be replaced (prevents town having a never ending doctor(s)).

Thinking maybe convert the Goon to an unNKable godfather, but I wasn't sure if my perception that this is town tilted was accurate or not.
So if a mafia doc dies the nurse becomes a town doc? NK immune GF with 2 doc's seems a bit much to me. It's only one vig
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3068 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
nominate: Lovers Mafia

town won the first one in 16 pages.
scum won the second one in 5 pages.
They talked about adding another townie but i think that would balance the game in town's favor.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3109 (isolation #47) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:42 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
Cops and Docs

1 Godfather (investigates as "innocent")
2 Mafia Goons
1 Sk (investigates as "innocent")
1 Unlicensed Doctor (investigates as "guilty", normal doctor role reveal, can't successfully protect a cop)
1 Doctor
1 Cop
1 Macho Cop (doctor protection fails)
4 Vanilla Townies

Cop Headstart
Adel does this mean the game starts Night or that the cop gets to investigate and no night kills?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3111 (isolation #48) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:08 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:The latter
Hi Adel you are looking very male and masculine today. :lol:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3135 (isolation #49) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:58 am

Post by farside22 »

BlakAdder wrote:Just pitching ideas here, would anyone be interested in a Lights-Out style game? For those that don't know, as many lynches as the town wants can be made during the day, and instead of voting to lynch, players can vote to end the day when they feel that they have lynched enough players. However, players' roles are not revealed until the end of the day.
Does anyone else find this interesting, or is it just me?
I would say no. This idea runs more like a theme game then open. Sorry BA.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3167 (isolation #50) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 am

Post by farside22 »

You know I would start looking at these games if people signed up for the ones they said they liked. :(
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3172 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

iLord wrote:
caboose wrote:^I would like to mod this one when my turn comes to mod
I think farside means playing in the games.
iLord is correct.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3198 (isolation #52) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 am

Post by farside22 »

reading the mime game I agree with shaft. I think it needs a few more tweaks for it to be balanced.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3202 (isolation #53) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:
farside22 wrote:reading the mime game I agree with shaft. I think it needs a few more tweaks for it to be balanced.
Any suggestions?
With all the NK the mimes will almost always lose. One may be lynched day 1 but the other not only has to survive the night but hoped to be lynched the next day.
A RB mime would be a nice touch. Not sure what else to think I just feel it' missing something.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3206 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:30 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I still think the mimes should investigate guilty. Makes the town think that maybe they're a mime... Gives the scum some protection from mod confirmed sane cops, and also since BOTH mimes must be lynched to win, gives them a little help. As it is I still think the mimes chance of winning is really really low.
I endorse this product and or service.

I also think giving the mimes abilities needlessly complicates things. Don't ask me when that actually started to matter to me however :roll:
The problem is the mimes have to deal with 2 vigs and a mafia hit. Without something to protect themselves what else can they do?
I agree with Kinetic on this. I really keep thinking about this game and all I think is if I signed up I hope not to be a mime. :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3223 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

I think the RB for the mimes would be more balanced.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”