Moderator Resources

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Agreed about a new forum creation guide. The fact that the listmods haven't made one yet for proboards or another zetaboards replacement is borderline unacceptable in my opinion. Hopefully SimpleMachines will be successful enough that energy can be focused in that direction post-Equestria.

I think a challenge database is a good idea. I have a paper one for my own use somewhere in my office although I haven't seen it in almost a year. I understand pablito's hesitancy about possibly stifling creativity. However, I think our Wiki should eventually include every type of challenge that gets used not just so mods know what challenges work, but also which challenges fail and why they failed. Creativity can still be encouraged in a hypothetical Game Design guide (I try to use a general Rule of Thirds where roughly 1/3 of the challenges are brand new, 1/3 are variations on old challenges, and 1/3 are retreads; I think new moderators should follow that principle as well until they have experience knowing what makes a good or bad challenge).
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 pm

In post 9, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 4, Haschel Cedricson wrote:The fact that the listmods haven't made one yet for proboards or another zetaboards replacement is borderline unacceptable in my opinion.
the listmods havent created a game since switching to a new platform
Setting aside the fact that CC literally just ran Survivor: Legendary so that's not true at all, perhaps that's part of what I think is unacceptable. We knew we would need a replacement for Zetaboards in July; I don't think expecting the listmods to help with a solution within a nine-month timeframe is unreasonable.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:11 pm

In post 11, xRECKONERx wrote:3. I know you love to publicly blast the listmods, but being toxic and assuming we're all just lazy or not doing our jobs is maybe a bit unwarranted.
I don't know where this is coming from because I have gone out of my way to NOT publicly blast the listmods. I made one comment here that I stand by, and I had no plans of posting in this topic again. But since you want to talk about this in public, then yes, I do think the entire LSG modteam has dropped the ball here. Yes, I think the listmods not making transition to new forum software a number one priority is not doing their jobs. Yes, I think it's lazy for a listmod assigned to a game to not even log into the forums while the game is in process. I think it's bad for for a listmod to volunteer to comod an LSG and then flake out without even notifying the other comods that they needed to find a replacement. You quoted all of those community-made resources but failed to mention that they were all made before the LSG forum with dedicated listmods was a thing. Saying "Oh, we'll just let the community do it!" is ignoring your job.

Survivor Equestria is starting tomorrow, and we'll be hosting it on the MS servers. We're doing that because I asked the listmods to help me with that, got ignored, and went to Kison myself.

For the record none of this is personal; all three of you are great people. But I'm not thrilled about where the LSG forum is at the moment and frankly I would hope you all aren't either.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:06 pm

In post 13, xRECKONERx wrote:if this is what it looks like when you try NOT to blast the listmods i'd hate to see what it looks like when you do.
Oh, that last post was blasting the listmods. I'm referring to before when you somehow took "The fact that the listmods haven't made one yet for proboards or another zetaboards replacement is borderline unacceptable in my opinion" and turned it into "I know you
love
to publicly blast the listmods", implying I have a history of doing this when you know perfectly well that's not the case.

Believe me, I address plenty of concerns in private messages. As far as axes to grind go, you're the one who brought personal attacks into this.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”