[Let's Scrutinize Games] Idol hunts

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:08 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Are they mentioned in the newbie guide? I can't remember as I'm fairly sure I've only skim read that.
I do like it when games tell us outright that idols exist in games, and how to get them, so I believe it can be fixed using the examples we have of them.

These games I can remember having public ways to obtain at least one of the idols available in them:
DBZ, LoL, MLS, SotF, Parthenon. (And more, those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head)

Many others are just sadistic challenges put together for fun by the mods, where they just have the fun of people suffering trying to solve them.
For example in this category we have any game that had an unfound idol.
Quiet a fair few of the ones that have been found probably also fit this categor including ones like Hyrule where you got a real idol if you used the mutiny idol.

And then we have the complete troll links and fake hunts.
BvW comes to mind here.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”