Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Blackberry »

In post 5, PrivateI wrote:
10 tribes of 10. Played out in the traditional Survivor manner.
To begin, one immunity challenge, nine tribes win immunity, the last goes to TC to vote off one of their own. There will be a separate reward and immunity challenge each "cycle" prior to an elimination. As a fun twist, every 11th TC will be a double TC where only 8 tribes win immunity. There will be no tribe swaps or combining of any tribes. A tribe will only be eliminated when all of its players are eliminated. At F11, there will be a merge of all the remaining players. Oh, and there's an 87-player jury.
In post 6, Xalxe wrote:Two tribes of 10. Everything plays out and seems perfectly normal, right? Tribal Councils happen, Idols are found, hell there's even a tribe swap in the middle somewhere.
Merge at 10 players and head to the next challenge.

Then everything falls to shit. 10 more players walk in. Turn out the game started with
players, and these 10 are the merge tribe from the other side of the island.
Now we play to 10 again. Repeat ad nauseum.
In post 9, Cephrir wrote:
Tribe swap after every single vote.
Merge at 5.
Everything bolded has taken place before. Not on MafiaScum obviously, but I have indeed seen all three of these.

I don't know the specifics of the 100+ player game, they had multiple TCs every round, but still, it was crazy (if I'm not mistaken, I think me and an old MS user named Raj both participated in this).

I think I've heard of two games where they played out as normal, got to merge, and then found out they're actually still in tribes competing against another game that was running at the same time.

I've seen more than one game where the twist was that they had a tribe swap every single round.

I'll propose some ideas I have that some might think are crazy, but still think would turn out interesting!

Everyone starts the game with a HII. :twisted:

Each round there is a challenge that everyone competes in, only the three or five losers go to TC and everyone else is safe.

Each round the tribe gets to vote someone to join the other tribe… Actually, this isn't my idea. I played in a game with four tribes of five or six. Each round we'd vote someone to join another tribe. First it went in one direction A joined B, B joined C, etc. Then it went in another direction, B joined A, A joined D. Then you swapped with the tribe you had yet to swap with. A & C swapped, B & D swapped. It was interesting :D .

OH! Here's an idea I thought of: ZOMBIE SURVIVOR! Two tribes of six. First six rounds go as normal with the members merging at six. THEN we find out that the six ousted members have formed the ZOMBIE tribe and compete against the surviving six members in tribal challenges. If The Zombie Tribe loses, they vote out two members (this is their penalty for being zombies). If the normal tribe loses, they only vote off one. They go to 3 challenges, then merge (so they could end up merging at 9, 8, or 6 players depending on how many zombies die). Someone should do this. :P

Mod Swap Survivor. Each round the eliminated player takes over the game and decides the challenge and/or twist. :twisted:

Cumulative Survivor. Each vote you receive stays with you for the remainder of the game. Whoever has the most votes at a TC (past & present) gets eliminated. :neutral:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Blackberry »

Oh, here's another fun idea (lol):

Robot Survivor. Half of the contestants are RL players, and half are Robot players. Everyone knows the rules of the robots and how they make their decision (example: Robot always votes randomly, Robot always votes whoever received most votes last TC, Robot always votes alphabetically, etc). This one might actually turn out interesting if players are smart enough to take advantage of the robots. And they'd have to decide whether to vote each other out or try to just kill off all the robots. :twisted:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:16 am

Post by Blackberry »

Now I want to see some of these implemented… lol…

Since I don't plan on hosting again (or anytime soon). I'll throw out a few other ideas. These were both intended for THE MOLE, but can apply for SURVIVOR as well.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE MOLE (or SURVIVOR). Two consecutive games with the SAME exact players in each game. If Mole, there is different Moles (or possibly the same Mole) in each universe, and game carries out as normal. In Survivor, there is the two universes, but they get split into different tribes at the beginning. Executions/TCs in both universes happen at the exact same time. The benefit is there will be two winners (or possibly the same in each game!). Twist is if it's Survivor the two universes can come together at the end and have a final vote between the two winners >=]. Although I do think this could actually work in a Mole game if it started with a small number of players.

TIME TRAVEL MOLE (or SURVIVOR). Game takes place out of order. For example, the first challenge could be the Final Immunity Challenge. Players won't know how they did (or maybe they do all get told how everyone did) until it's actually time. Or maybe they go to a TC that takes place in the future (and provide a ranked list incase their target is no longer in the game), or have the option to change votes that occurred in the past (and thus resulting in a revived player!). My original idea of a Time Travel Mole was Dr. Who themed and not too complicated. For example, they take the first quiz, the executed player is not revealed, then they have a challenge where players can win exemption for the first Round. Then the Execution is revealed :P. And they take quizzes and challenge in the future (they actually had a Mole in Dutch where they were given a Quiz and the challenge for the Quiz took place AFTER the Quiz, so the players attempted to manipulate others' actions to coordinate with their test answers).
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Blackberry »

In post 23, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 17, Snakes wrote:24 player game. Merge immediately. Players go to Tribal Council and are forced to talk with everyone each round until the giant merge phase ends. Spoiler: it never does.

Instead of a game with 23 normal players and one player controlled by a mod and spectator that has access to confessionals, there are 23 mod-controlled players and one poor sap who thinks it's a real game.
What happens when the "poor sap" is voted out?
I think the whole point is he won't be voted out (i.e., a mish mash JOE SCHMOE).
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Mafia Survivor: There are two types of rounds, day and night. During the Day Rounds, everyone votes in public and can change their vote at any time until someone reaches a majority of votes. During Night Rounds everyone votes in private like a normal TC :D.

Return to “Social Game Archive”