Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

- Are there some standards for a game (specifically Survivor) that we could agree to? For example, if we had a set of requirements (a Survivor game should not cross-tribe communication, a game should have at least one way of swapping players prior to the merge, a game should not have a Legendary Box, etc.) that a game must adhere to, or else describe itself as somewhat bastard?

Survivor is a Mish Mash game on this site. Limiting a moderator's ruleset options would be restrictive and creatively limiting. Players can make educated decisions based off of a game's ruleset as to whether or not they will enjoy the game.

The point of a queue system is to promote game health by encouraging orderly cooperation,
not
to stifle game creators' options. I agree that an organized, maintained list of games coming up is a great idea. Messing with the point of Mish Mash is not.

-

I would like propose that an
optional
review committee be formed of past game moderators. Review would not be a mandatory measure when joining the queue, however, should the game meet the reviewers' standards of approval the prospective moderator can point to the groups' consent as a sign of baseline quality.

It is likely that quite a few of the potential candidates for this type of committee would also wish to participate regularly. This means that a committee would require multiple participants that could each personally opt out of reviewing announced games at their own discretion.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

KA <3

In post 32, KingdomAces wrote:I disagree with the part about a committee being formed of past game moderators. Then I wouldn't be able to be part of it. I'm actually being completely serious when I say that I'd probably be in one of the best positions to do this type of thing.

It is an objectively sound criterion for committee consideration!
KA <3
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Shiidaji »

Ka wrote:If we're not having any strict queue requirements, at the very least we should probably have where in the development cycle each game is listed. The tiers I'm thinking of are: Ready to Run, Close to Finished, In Progress, and Still in Concept Stage. That sound good? Any improvements or flat out better ideas?

• In Progress
  • Accepting Applications
  • Ready to Run
  • Under Development

?

Something positive that may come from this separate queue is an easier path for potential newbies to follow, very exciting. As long as the OP is concise and cute and not as alien/unfamiliar as an informal queue must look like to an outsider, fresh meat might feel more inclined to sign up.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Shiidaji »

They totally should be! Links to the past games page/the ELOs in the OP would be super too.

That's a good idea for upcoming mods to coordinate their dev progress. Dunno if they'd prefer that over just posting in-thread about it.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Shiidaji »

Can a conclave mod open that baby up to the public? I wanna see CC do werk.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

Can't be worse than Uno.
Shiidaji
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Shiidaji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Shiidaji »

Woo!
In post 61, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:You mean "I wanna see CC neglect his confessional and play a boring game while all his allies are voted out" right?

A win's a win yo

Return to “Social Game Archive”