zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 24, Katsuki wrote:
In post 8, Kagami wrote:I thought we were to receive banners that said "BASICALLY gods of scumplay."
Major disappointment that we did not receive said banner. Quite unfair that we wern't given what was promised tbh.
I'm not really sure how it was communicated that the winners would get any banner they designed. If something I said led Elli to believe that, I apologize, but that was never my intent. But if we've really gotten to the point where getting a banner that isn't exactly what the winner wanted is a
disappointment
, then I'm pretty sure it's time to stop giving it out.

If the banner isn't to your liking, I can remove it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 38, Mathdino wrote:Zoraster their team is meming, it's okay, haha
How is this meming?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by zoraster »

I mean, Alisae was certainly under the impression is was serious and designed this: Image

Now it's certainly possible they knew that was never the deal and just tried to manipulate us into doing something we never intended, but again that wasn't really the impression I got.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

Post by zoraster »

I think 11p White Flag is balanced, though in favor of scum and 13p White Flag is balanced, though in favor of town (at least in a Team Mafia setting). So 15p is probably not super well balanced. But then again, the call here was for 15p games overall and outside giving scum a one-shot vigilante, it'd be really hard to give scum enough power to rebalance that and keep White Flag, which has been a staple of Team Mafia.

For what it's worth, I think 15p games are pretty hard to balance. Putting in 3 scum means town's power has to be relatively low and putting in 4 means the town power has to be REALLY high. Honestly, I'd rather try to balance a 21p game with 4 scum than a 15p game with 4 scum.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #79 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:18 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 67, Ellibereth wrote:I genuinely think that the people are overestimating the "team mafia setting" town buff.
I don't any percieved buff is coming from a lot of people getting together to discuss the game if at all, I think the buff comes from some individuals trying much harder than they would on average.

EVEN if there was a buff, it being sizable enough to take a ~48% EV 2 out of 10 town winrate and boosting it to town favored seems crazy to me.
The buff is probably like a 5% better than random chance. But given that EV is the result of quite a few flips, that 5% is meaningful. For example, 3:11 vanilla mountainous has a 43.01% town win rate. But if you give town a 5% better than random chance of lynching scum, that's 55.79% for town.

I don't think it's JUST that having a lot of people reading the game is helpful. It's also that being town in team mafia is energizing because it feeds on other teammates reads, etc. who help you keep up with it, etc. Being a scum in team mafia is isolating.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”