doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3327 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3325, Smocaine wrote:ebwop: boo vonflare, boooooooo
problemo?

I'll read up tomorrow morning. Anything I should know beforehand?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3338 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3336, GuiltyLion wrote:I'll respond to the rest of Anen's post later but just want to quickly point out to Smocaine/Anenien that your criticisms of my lynch elsewhere and venge-RC plan today don't make any sense. There is a significant difference between lynching confscum RC vs venging confscum RC.

If we lynch elsewhere with the promise of the venge being used on RC, then between D2 and D3 we use the lynches collaboratively which is juicier for content and information. If we use one of the lynches on confscum RC then it doesn't tell us anything (because scum are absolutely "bussing" him here, if you can even call it that). And if town uses venge on another town that also doesn't really tell us anything as both of them will be dead. While the numbers work out the same by N3, we actually get more info out of taking out RC with the venge and using the lynch as a team tool, as it will require the last scum to take stances and push for/against wagons, even if they do wind up being mislynches. If we just give venge to a townie who's scumreading another townie, scum can sit back and play it safe.

does that make sense? IMO this is a pretty obviously superior plan so it's surprising that you guys don't see that.
still catching up, but I speak from personal experience that leaving universally confirmed scum alive is always bad, they have no incentive to post whatsoever unless they feel like trolling. At best we get a 'prod dodge' every other day, at worst we get smart manipulative wifom. there is no situation where we get more information out of leaving RC alive.

and there's no distinction between the venge and the lynch. "If we just give venge to a townie who's scumreading another townie, scum can sit back and play it safe" is assuming we won't give it to a player who agrees to venge according to majority wishes. plus, I'd argue it's just as likely that we
lynch
town as it is that a random townie would
venge
town.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3341 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:28 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3339, GuiltyLion wrote:on your last point - I disagree? A unilateral decision by a townie is more likely to be wrong than a consensus effort of all townies
and the remaining scum, who also get input
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3342 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:29 am

Post by vonflare »

wait, how can we ensure the venge triggers today?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3346 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3339, GuiltyLion wrote:RC still dies at the end of today
how?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3347 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 am

Post by vonflare »

and if you're suggesting we give the lynch target the venge and have them promise to use it on RC

that's either stupidity or scumclaim

if we actually do lynch scum, which would be the only good outcome of lynching anyone other than RC, then they shoot town.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3350 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 am

Post by vonflare »

hmm I guess your plan is actually fine, assuming we can use the venge on the person we lynch
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3351 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:39 am

Post by vonflare »

I mean your plan is basically just immediately using the venge instead of waiting

im not sure whether it's optimal, but in this situation it's definitely viable.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3352 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:01 am

Post by vonflare »

from the signup post:

Invention Mafia (Mod: beeboy)- A closed 15 player game with a public mechanic where each day, players can vote for someone to receive an invention that can used the following night. Inventions will be public. Powers outside of inventions will be limited.

"an invention that can used the following night"

this doesn't imply that the invention can be used as the moment that it is acquired.

have we had a mod ruling on this?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3359 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 am

Post by vonflare »

Actually Reveal IC is a 5th level spell so you need to roll a 15 or higher on a d20+INT to successfully counter it
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3362 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:30 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3361, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 3281, RadiantCowbells wrote:where is my FUCKING vengeful
In post 3354, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright it's been fun but

Reveal as IC

VOTE: Adenine

I can't think who else Reckoner would have targeted.
How did this change from "give me my fucking gun?"

Like this doesn't even make fucking sense as a defense of you are the IC, and the I doesn't stand for idiot.
why are you taking any of RC's posts seriously?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3380 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by vonflare »

today we lynch RC, and whoever we give the vengeful to we lynch in lylo (if we get there).

that's the optimal play.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3383 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3381, Katyusha wrote:No, it’s not lmfao

We’ll get to MYLO and then we either lynch that day or no lynch and scum nk the venge and force them to pick from a pool of 3
I mean we could avoid that if we no-lynch when there's 6 players left, which is the same as no-lynching in mylo but without the drawbacks
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3386 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3384, Something_Smart wrote:Actually it depends on beeboy's clarification. If it works today, it's better to lynch whoever we give it to and let them venge RC since we get the flips one at a time instead of none followed by two.
yeah this could work too

honestly we're just waiting for mod clarification at this point
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3387 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3385, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3383, vonflare wrote:
In post 3381, Katyusha wrote:No, it’s not lmfao

We’ll get to MYLO and then we either lynch that day or no lynch and scum nk the venge and force them to pick from a pool of 3
I mean we could avoid that if we no-lynch when there's 6 players left, which is the same as no-lynching in mylo but without the drawbacks
what you talking about? if we get to MYLO with the venge alive we lynch them...
yeah, obviously. but the point im trying to make is that going into 4p mylo is a lot worse than going into 3p lylo
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3389 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by vonflare »

oh
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3390 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by vonflare »

oh
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3399 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by vonflare »

I feel like scum would be less inclined to bus in a high-stakes game like this one
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3406 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3405, Katyusha wrote: Also I just talked to Bee over discord and he's informed me that since the vengekill is distributed at the end of the day, if we lynch the person who gets elected they get to use it day of.
It's not that I think you're lying but I'm going to wait for official in-thread confirmation

sounds like a good plan though
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3474 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:11 am

Post by vonflare »

What
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3478 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:14 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3476, Aneninen wrote:Post-edit.
In post 3474, vonflare wrote:What
What what?
is the counterspell thing just the mod trolling?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3505 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:28 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3479, Katyusha wrote:yes the counterspell thing is just mod trolling can we move on to important things

vonflare what's your take on ghostlin
idk, acting generally hostile but thats not necesarily AI

lots of theorizing around bussing but honestly i dont think the scum would bus in a game like this

so fine I guess, nullish
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3506 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3479, Katyusha wrote:yes the counterspell thing is just mod trolling
also this should ABSOLUTELY NOT be a thing in an explicitly non-bastard game
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3510 (isolation #23) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:27 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3509, Katyusha wrote:
In post 3505, vonflare wrote:
In post 3479, Katyusha wrote:yes the counterspell thing is just mod trolling can we move on to important things

vonflare what's your take on ghostlin
idk, acting generally hostile but thats not necesarily AI

lots of theorizing around bussing but honestly i dont think the scum would bus in a game like this

so fine I guess, nullish
Ghostlin didn’t bus though, they sided against chesskid while Hindu made it a point to be neutral

Do you intend to do anything about your nullread?
I didnt say ghost bussed, I said ghost was drawing attention to the possibilty of other players bussing

honestly thare's not much I can do, if we're really going to do the 'lynch the guy we give the invention to' strategy I'd honestly like it to be guiltylion
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3512 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:32 am

Post by vonflare »

In general I find scum to be more setup-spec/strategy focused since providing ideas involving game mechanics is an easy way to contribute without actually scumhunting
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3518 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3516, Aneninen wrote:
In post 3510, vonflare wrote:I didnt say ghost bussed, I said ghost was drawing attention to the possibilty of other players bussing
Wasn't that GuiltyLion?
actually I went through ghost's iso once more looking for references to bussing and here's some posts I found:
In post 3398, Ghostlin wrote: So this paints a larger noose on me but fuck it: mastina hates bussing, generally.
In post 3401, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 3399, vonflare wrote:I feel like scum would be less inclined to bus in a high-stakes game like this one
XP mafia was much lower stakes and she felt she could get away with it. And she was right.
so ghost do you think mastina is bussing or not? you seem wishy-washy on this particular point
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3521 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:09 am

Post by vonflare »

i wanna apologize to u RC I've been in a situation where I was confscum but the town decided to keep discussing and it was super not fun so i feel u
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3527 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by vonflare »

well that settles that

VOTE: ghostlin
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3530 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by vonflare »

rc plz let us finish the game dont ruin it 4 us
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3532 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by vonflare »

dude
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3537 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by vonflare »

we lynch ghost and he shoots rc
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3541 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by vonflare »

we lynch ghost and he shoots RC

if he's town we kill RC anyway

if he's scum we win bc we lynch rc tomorrow
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3561 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Post by vonflare »

my teammates say to lynch RC since we don't know what abilities the scum might have
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3562 (isolation #33) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Post by vonflare »

I feel like the risk of them being able to stop the venge is very low though
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3572 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3568, Ghostlin wrote:. I kill RC if you lynch me

sounds good
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3588 (isolation #35) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:30 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3587, Creature wrote:I guess 2, because scum!Ghostlin would've conceded.

either way and regardless of anything else we lynch ghost in lylo if we get there
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3599 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3549, Errantparabola wrote:Is everyone like VT or something?
weird post, not sure if townslip or 'townslip'

did you intentionally softclaim vt?
In post 3590, GuiltyLion wrote: I think we should elect a scummier player and make them promise to protect Smocaine or Creature.
why these 2?

which one in particular?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3610 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:34 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3608, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 3599, vonflare wrote:weird post, not sure if townslip or 'townslip'

did you intentionally softclaim vt?
will acknowledge this but will not answer
that seems counterproductive
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3621 (isolation #38) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3616, Smocaine wrote:
vote: GL
. This has passed the second round of focus testing. Make it so.
I'm ok with this.

who would you give the doc to?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3624 (isolation #39) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by vonflare »

I don't see the doc getting nk'd, at least the odds seem the same as any other townie. they obviously use it tonight, right?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3661 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 am

Post by vonflare »

prodge, working on a midterm paper
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3662 (isolation #41) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3660, Errantparabola wrote:Feel free to elect me instead. I'm also ready to end the day. I'd probably add vonflare and singer to singer's pool.
which pool
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3666 (isolation #42) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3665, Errantparabola wrote:Well, I'd remove me. :D
Can we decide on who ghostlin kills before we lynch him?
guiltylion?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3674 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 3669, Aneninen wrote:
In post 3660, Errantparabola wrote:Feel free to elect me instead. I'm also ready to end the day. I'd probably add vonflare and singer to singer's pool.
What pool?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3694 (isolation #44) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 am

Post by vonflare »

i like ghost > GL
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3714 (isolation #45) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by vonflare »

VOTE: ghost
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3715 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by vonflare »

Vig scum
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3720 (isolation #47) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by vonflare »

that's such a stupid post it literally contributes nothing bu wifom
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #3729 (isolation #48) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 3723, Smocaine wrote:Anti-town posts don't equal scumposts Flvre.
i didnt say he was scum i just said his post was dumb

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”