pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 44, pieguyn wrote:given how brutal this was, I am more than satisfied just doing the speech for displaced :P

congrats everyone. and extra shoutout to Marquis/Kagami/displaced <3

(tbh although I'm pretty surprised at Tales of You not winning, it's not completely unbelievable; even though the scum team played amazing, a lot of what happened that game was town being bad. the one that pissed me off was Dark Age of the Law not winning, even if it was
mostly
entirely for selfish reasons ;w;)

I agree any other game that I was not in shld have won.

the judges hate meh
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #112 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:33 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 91, xRECKONERx wrote:"Favorite Game" was never the official category title... the category was "Most Enjoyable Game".

The issue with the award was multilayered and was laid out clearly and concisely earlier in 2014 when we announced the Scummies changes, but basically... the criteria for "Most Enjoyable Game" were too hard for judges to accurately judge, and it felt weird to give all the players and the mod awards for something that basically came down to a popularity contest. It's much easier to judge what should be "Game of the Year" based on a bunch of criteria, though we don't feel any one person or group is responsible for making it Game of the Year, so no actual "award" is given out.

I think that there is merit here cos people's enjoyment can vary. it was really strange that it came up in a year with a game where only 1 or mebbe 2 or more I can't remember but every1 else voted it for most enjoyable game. the game WAS fun even tho town lost.

oc wasn't that enjoyable. I am not sure what mastina was going on about wrt metal "coaching the scumteam" cos I think the only person who listened to him might have been zzthing. I wasn't and perv was doing his own thing like this is how things happened before the series of consecutive scum lynches went down:

metal: we are nking etl and mollie is doing it
me: I can't do the nk cos i am gonna get tracked and if I go all of us will go cos I have been trying to keep town off of us

*pause*

at this point in the game etl was a claimed inventor and vezok was confmason. it was obvs who etl was sending the tracker invention to. a player who practically announced that he was going to track me. we were the bad news bears of a scumteam in that game as in no1 felt super confident about our scumgame except metal and our only way to win was to work together as a team but metal had his own ideas.

*continue*

this is what happened:

metal sent me to do the nk.
etl gave the invention to vezok.
I was tracked by vezok.
consecutive lynches on scum ensued.

the only enjoyable thing about the game was a mixture of awe, horror and morbid fascination that town somehow managed to lynch mastina (inventor) on d1 w/o our help. d1 lynch was all town. at least that is from my scum recollection.

altho after typing this out the goty is pretty lulz worthy so mebbe it shld be in the hall of fame!
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #122 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 113, zoraster wrote:I'm not entirely sure what your point was with that post, mollie. Could you summarize?

tl;dr: I was agreeing with reck that "game of the year" is a much better title than "most enjoyable game" in my own way! cos the game was very lulz worthy for both teams. but town did play incredibly well.

also i 100% adore metal!
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #124 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 123, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 112, pirate mollie wrote:etl gave the invention to vezok.

eh wat? we were the QT check inventor, and we never once gave anything to vezok.

oh.

whew!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”