Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #309 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nom'ing the Hydra Reasonably Rational (Drixx & Cerberus v666) for Most Memorable Event in Steven Universe Mafia.

I would have put this as 'best Mafia Catcher' or 'Rising Star', but both of those are more attuned to play over the course of the year rather than in a specific game. If someone with more experience of their play would like to 'nom them for those, feel free to count this towards that nomination.

In Steven Universe Mafia, it was looking as thought town was ruined. They were losing an average of three PRs per day. Reasonably Rational came into the game full force, consistently pressuring mafia player after player. I have never seen an IC play with this much resolute force and put in this much work.

The most stellar moment, however, which I will never forget, was when they completely turned the game around on Scum (who were recovering from having two of their stronger members lynched and headed towards a victory). On page 157, RR makes this post, where he details a scum slip that he's found and sussed out. It is evident in their own private chat that RR had figured all this out earlier and was slowly getting scum to slip even more and reveal as much as they would. This marked a turning point for the game, where based on this play alone, Reasonably Rational set up for an easy town win. It was only due to town misplaying heavily while scum lurked it out/played tactfully that this win was squandered, but this sort of upset was one that drove the game from being done midway in to lasting all the way to MYLO.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #366 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

I believe the 's' is silent. It should be pronounced 'all the other 2015ers should feel like [a] hit'
Like, uh, a sensation! A big hit!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #373 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ika leaves me out of the mentioned Amazing Players. ;_;

3rd for Mollie as Don

I haven't read the scum PT, but Mollie really secured the win late game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #515 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

Could someone make such an egregious self-nom with tons of researched (yet clearly wrong) information that they are then nominated for Kodak Moment?
Because I know some players who should maybe get up on that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #520 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 518, RadiantCowbells wrote:Someone needs to second my self-nom for best MishMash game, thank you.

Do you have an alt that can second it?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #613 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

Uhm, errr, uh, gonna, uh, err
Nom Varsoon for Modfather

*cough*

This year, he ran Varsoon Mafia (large theme), Space Dandy Mafia (mini theme), Steven Universe Mafia (large theme), and Suikoden U-pick (mini theme). He is currently running Steven Universe the Prequel (mini-theme) with SaGa Frontier Large Theme in signups. That's a lot of games to run in a year, I think. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a point in time where Varsoon wasn't running a game or doing design for the next.

Each of these games had a fantastic turnout, flavor that involved players and was perfectly rendered into mafia, and, uh, basically, Varsoon's a great moderator and has been putting lots of effort into these games and so I think he should win this award. As a testament to the credentials he has built as a moderator, his current Mini Theme for Steven Universe the Prequel filled in 4 and a half hours and received 4 /ins to replace. That's gotta count for, i dunno, something.

I don't wanna toot my horn, but I really do think I put a ton of effort in and that a lot of players appreciated it. I've been told by more than one player that my games are why they play on this site/have continued to play. I also noticed that there wasn't much competition for the modfather award and so I want it not to just be a shoe-in but something that's considered a bit more. I dunno. I'm a loser.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #617 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 615, wgeurts wrote:
nthd

his current Mini Theme for Steven Universe the Prequel filled in 4 and a half hours and received 4 /ins to replace.

You should have seen Everything is a Lie Mafia with 6 pre-ins and filled in half an hour. :cool:

Mine filled during midnight during holidays. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #619 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah man go sign up for SaGa Frontier.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #622 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's all cool; I just noticed that ffery got nom'd for modfather (which is totes fair, Ffery is an amazing mod and ran some great games this year, I loved Edgar Allan Poe mafia) but that there weren't really any other 'noms for the position. I wanted it to feel a bit more like a contest than a shoe-in, and I recalled that this was pretty much the year I started modding on a regular basis.

<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #626 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Seconding Drixx for Most Cunning Manipulator

At the very least, I've been constantly impressed with his scum-game.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”