they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

VOTE: RC
@mod v/la weekends

at arcade with friends. will reply when not there.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

VOTE: gif

just realized its gif, not rc. ill be back in an hour.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Vex Vience »

volpe, do you wanna talk for a bit? i really wanna get the game moving, and i feel like talking to someone about something at this point would help. this is the large, it shouldn't be the slowest moving game out of all of them imo.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Vex Vience »

whats your thoughts on gif so far?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Vex Vience »

i kinda like fark so far. his intro is something, and im not sure what to make of it, considering the fact we're so early into the game, but i think i kinda like it because of that? outside of that, i like what they're going at thus far, and its reminding me of my own play to a degree.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Vex Vience »

thoughts on ank?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Vex Vience »

it's fine. what exactly do you mean by something positive?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Vex Vience »

i don't feel like the normal reaction from others is to be like "ok, that's fine" to it, but rather question it, especially since it was page four. although, i do feel like fark posting something like that is probably more likely to come from town rather than scum. i don't really see scum making an intro post like that, much less one that would get questioned/help push the game out of rvs.

i personally haven't played with fark, nor have i really tried to read any of their past games—much less read anyone else's past games for that matter. as for my take on heavy logical players, i don't really care that much. i tend to play very logically regardless, so... i personally feel like people who play that way should be sorted earlier than others, simply because it can easily be done with both sides, and sound logic can be very convincing.

pedit: no, just thinking how to reply

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Vex Vience »

i feel like it's only fair i should ask this in reply as well: what are your thoughts on fark's opening post?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 429, Volpe14 wrote:I feel like Vex might really have called me there out of self-awareness of Ank being a partner but that's like, fairly weak sauce to push something for and now the cat is out of the bag it's fairly less useful to sort it there was some meat on it or not.
i asked you to talk in specific because i was reading the thread, and you literally said you wanted to. figured it'd be a lot faster to ask you to talk and not someone else. also, i have some thoughts on the game as a whole, which ill try to parse out before the weekend.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

alright, tinfoil thought time: volpe v fl is tvt, and nom is scum. i read through most of volpe v fl, and skimmed the rest just now while eating ramen. i personally didn't feel any major agenda-pushing from either side, nor did i really feel anything i would say is scum-indicative from either of you. i could be convinced of scum!fl, but i dont feel like that's the case atm.
nom on the other hand i feel like is just scummy in general atm. i dont like how nom has kinda interjected here and there during it and bashed volpe every single time. i also dont feel like nom's posts during it really added anything of value to it, as well as coming off as a "hey look im posting guys" type thing.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 471, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 466, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 460, nomnomnom wrote:Volpe I'm not sure what you were thinking but you probably didn't make the smartest set of moves here concerning the defense you chose.
I'm not being smart either, I'm town, I'm just really sure that FL should die here, right now.
Well since you're acting dumb I'll just make sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Me and Volpe are sharing a PT together, with a third person. In that thread he suggested the idea that he intentionally shook up his meta in order to beat "meta players" present in the event. So your whole defense about "how I should recognize your scumgame" is completely bullshit.

Secondly, in that thread, you actually do display emotional manipulation. To summarize the whole thing Volpe plays the "I don't want to play this game anymore" card in the thread after the discussion that ensued there, which I will not talk about. You did this very same thing in C9++, shall I note, although again I want to trust the words you said back then about that thing not being alignment indicative, but this is what you stated as defense.

It's probably not smart to use a defense that can be disproven by your own words. You talk a bit too much.
if this is the case, and you are trying to use this to argue scum!volpe, you should surmize how that conversation went because that would be pretty important for us to know.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i have.

Spoiler:
In post 399, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 339, Volpe14 wrote:I think I've been somewhat transparently trying not to dominate the game by not talking about my reads to not bias other people input on them/hurt general game development.
In post 342, Volpe14 wrote:If I wanted to be town leader I would have not given up in leading discussions and would keep pushing Vex or Fark even if it would bias other people into their reads on those slots

I did the opposite of that.
These two posts are an immense redflag. To me it feels like you read FL's accusations and you decided to argue the one point a scum would argue about.
So much of a red flag I'm going to change my read on your slot.
VOTE: Volpe
post is against volpe.
In post 406, nomnomnom wrote:I think the funniest part in all of this is that, no offense, FL's accusation was honestly extremely bad and the basis of it was nonsense, but your reaction to it actually made the move work in my opinion lol

This second reaction to my vote honestly cements the impression I had when reading your reaction to FL's posts. I think Volpe now has a lot of chances to flip scum off that alone.

pedit: How is my vote a bad vote?
post is against volpe, and to a lesser degree, fl. but the post is mostly against volpe.
In post 409, nomnomnom wrote:Well, yes, I did follow C9++ closely given I modded that game. And I firmly remember you stating that your emotional state in that game had nothing to do with manipulation and fulfilling your scum wincon.

Are you backtracking on that statement just because of my scumread on you?
post is against volpe.
In post 424, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 420, Flavor Leaf wrote:I feel scum are more likely to defend townVolpe in this scenario, so if Volpe is town, dave is probably lock scum.
I'm not sure I get that.
In post 421, GuyInFreezer wrote:Volpe wagon is dumb as fuck and whoever is on that wagon for non-meme reasons should feel bad.
How is it dumb?
post isn't against anyone and arguably helps push the game forward a bit.
In post 428, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 427, GuyInFreezer wrote:nom you of all people should know why this wagon is dumb.
Spell it out for me.
i could see this being productive, but at the same time, i don't?
In post 436, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 425, Volpe14 wrote:Nomnom vote is odd to me when she should know a bit better about my scum game but again, I don't really expect her to have accuracy on reading me so dunno. The whole vote just feels very sheepy of FL vibe though.
I do know about your scumgame. And I do think this is entirely within your scumgame. I don't see why it wouldn't be.
If you're going to say this isn't your scumgame because you are not emotionally manipulating people... when the only game of yours I watched closely, you went to hell and back to make sure everyone understood that your emotional outbursts had nothing to do with your wincon, then I'm going to be very confused.
post is against volpe.
In post 447, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 442, Volpe14 wrote:Actually, I'm tempted to death tunnel FL saying that my readlist is people that are going after me because that REALLLYY gives me a hard time thinking it comes from town
I mean he's not wrong, you added me in that list as soon as I voted you lol

The literal only other interaction we had was you acting smug when I said I thought you were town earlier so you know it kind of leaves a funny aftertaste to me.
post is against volpe.
In post 460, nomnomnom wrote:Hahahaha

Okay, let's just lynch Volpe. I just realized something extremely funny concerning this whole thing. I don't really doubt this anymore lmao.

Volpe I'm not sure what you were thinking but you probably didn't make the smartest set of moves here concerning the defense you chose.
post is against volpe.
In post 471, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 466, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 460, nomnomnom wrote:Volpe I'm not sure what you were thinking but you probably didn't make the smartest set of moves here concerning the defense you chose.
I'm not being smart either, I'm town, I'm just really sure that FL should die here, right now.
Well since you're acting dumb I'll just make sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Me and Volpe are sharing a PT together, with a third person. In that thread he suggested the idea that he intentionally shook up his meta in order to beat "meta players" present in the event. So your whole defense about "how I should recognize your scumgame" is completely bullshit.

Secondly, in that thread, you actually do display emotional manipulation. To summarize the whole thing Volpe plays the "I don't want to play this game anymore" card in the thread after the discussion that ensued there, which I will not talk about. You did this very same thing in C9++, shall I note, although again I want to trust the words you said back then about that thing not being alignment indicative, but this is what you stated as defense.

It's probably not smart to use a defense that can be disproven by your own words. You talk a bit too much.
post is against volpe.

out of those spoilered posts, two of them were not against volpe, and one of them was against fl—although that same post was against volpe too—so yes, you only bashed volpe during it. as for nothing of substance, i currently don't have the mental energy to sit down and argue through that atm. ill gladly argue it some other day, but not today.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 486, Volpe14 wrote:Nomnom is fairly scummy to be honest but first I want FL

Her one-sided bashing is something she does quite often as scum actually.

In Colors she kept bashing omochan and in one of her first scum games she kept bashing the easy target Baezu.

She also likes to mislynch so FL/Nomnom makes sense here by the way
to piggyback off of this, because i feel like it's worth bringing up: one of my teammates said that they don't think nom busses, so if volpe is town, and fl is scum, nom is probably scum too.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 503, nomnomnom wrote:I thought about FL's side of the argument. The thing with FL is that I agree with statements he makes but the double edge of what he says is that you can see him trying to create a situation where he can dominate the gamestate which always worries me, and I've come to learn that agreeing with people doesn't mean they're necessarily town with you either.
In post 420, Flavor Leaf wrote:I feel scum are more likely to defend townVolpe in this scenario, so if Volpe is town, dave is probably lock scum.
For example this quote is setting up a scenario where scum!FL has a lot of targets to bounce on in a world where he's scum and you're town. There is bound to be someone that defends you ultimately. This is the kind of statement that always makes me worried of FL. I don't always state it because it would clog up the exploration of your slot, which is extremely important to me considering that I know the more the game goes on, the more volatile you get emotionally, and I will never get anything out of you in that state, regardless of your alignment. Hope that makes sense.
can you please simplify this for me? i currently have a bad headache and trying to piece together what you mean hurts.
In post 504, davesaz wrote:I'm writing on a keyboard with 10 fingers and you people are still posting faster.
i mean, so am i... just means you need to type faster.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Vex Vience »

even though im v/la, im gonna start trying to catchup through the 30-odd pages that were made. if anyone needs me for anything while im catching up, just say so.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2075 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

VOTE: nom

ill post my catchup notes in a moment. if anyone needs me to transcribe my handwriting, lmk.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2076 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

Spoiler: notes

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2077 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 2075, Vex Vience wrote:VOTE: nom

ill post my catchup notes in a moment. if anyone needs me to transcribe my handwriting, lmk.
or make sense of my notes for that matter

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2081 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i feel dave is scum; although, im personally fine with lynching elsewhere. atm, i feel gif v nom is pretty solidly tvs, and flipping one will confirm the other.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

then by all means, enlighten us to it

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2091 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i mean, id expect there to be an sk regardless. we have the sample pm of one in the op, and anything without an sk in this setup seems kinda weird

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2092 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 2089, MariaR wrote:It might be a bit obvious but Vex and I share a hood and he's basically lock town in my eyes. For his play in the hood/thread and he townslipped post number 1.

He made a giant post on why he wanted everyone in our neighborhood to be masons because of how neighbors work etc. Fully unaware that other hoods exist. I asked if scum had pre game chat and the answer was yes. I feel if Vex was scum obviously scum would say who they're in a hood with and Vex wouldn't make a post like that.
can confirm this statement btw. maria is locktown to me for play in thread/hood as well.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

my assumption is the sk is buffed as hell, or the mafia/town is overall rather weak. its possible judging by the single nk it’s only mafia, which im kinda leaning towards, which makes gif’s statement really weird.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

im personally fine with killing either of them, since it confirms the other. i feel nom is more likely to flip scum here though.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

@a50 ill explain my reads in a bit if you want. my notes were written primarily for me to be able to make sense of the game and explain my thought process, with everyone else being able to discern something closely behind.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:55 am

Post by Vex Vience »

dv, why are you now being active, compared to yesterday?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2197 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Vex Vience »

outing hood powers are bad. outing neighbors is ok, ig? i mean, it could possibly help nail down reads from people, and it would get dialogue about them open, but like, what incentive does scum have to shoot the all-town hoods, knowing it’ll give them their last-man standing? wouldn’t scum want to shoot into their own hoods for it?

based on the night reveal, let’s assume the writers are all town. scum knows that group is all town and when there’s only one left, they become a vigi. that’s bad for scum. someone can easily shoot and kill them at that point. whereas, if the hood has scum in it, wouldnt they want to shoot the others in the hood—ignoring the all-town hoods—to get the extra nk?

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2198 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Vex Vience »

i see your logic behind it, somewhat, ep. but it doesn’t really make that much sense ultimately. i dont see the motive scum has to shoot all-town to give them their last-man standing, when scum would wanna take it from their own hoods.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2199 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Vex Vience »

also like, did nobody read the sample pms? it literally states scum have a factional chat.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2200 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Vex Vience »

ep’s probably townie because of that statement though. i dont think scum forgets they have a factional chat.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Vex Vience »

ill reply and catch up after class today.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2826 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Vex Vience »

im so sorry i flaked and forgot to post anything. i'm no longer on my adhd medication, so ill attempt a catchup in a little bit, if not tomorrow. i have no idea what my ability to focus on reading and replying to 30ish pages is rn.

#CultsArentBastard

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”