Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Why are people assuming that scum would want to nightkill a miller?

Claiming will always negate wishes to die - if you're going to play it well enough that scum want to nightkill it, then the claim doesn't need to happen as cops shouldn't want to investigate.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

In post 999, Guyett wrote:Down the scumWIFOM rabbit hole you'll be going. He could have been killed for any number of reasons imo, I prefer not to think too much into NK analysis. VC analysis is better imo

Hmm good point, What's your read then Guyett?

evilpacman18 wrote:One of Konowa or chaos has to be scum I think =\

My only fear of this is what happens if neither of us is scum? It could lead to the game leaning towards a scum win.

Cheery Dog wrote:Why are people assuming that scum would want to nightkill a miller?

Claiming will always negate wishes to die - if you're going to play it well enough that scum want to nightkill it, then the claim doesn't need to happen as cops shouldn't want to investigate.

Can you explain this a little better Cheery Dog? Maybe it's just me but I feel like I don't quite understand what you mean
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1002, chaoslord54 wrote:Can you explain this a little better Cheery Dog? Maybe it's just me but I feel like I don't quite understand what you mean

From what i read from the posts today, people are worried about you & Konowa because you've previously claimed
Tracker claim living is something I can understand for people to be worried about, but I'm not sure why people have also been expecting Konowa to have died.

Maybe I should bother reading Day 1.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 984, Aneninen wrote: It's strange that neither Konowa nor Chaos got nightkilled. Either one of them (or both of them?) are lying or it's a pure WIFOM produced by the scums and they want us to lynch them sooner or later.

In post 1000, evilpacman18 wrote:One of Konowa or chaos has to be scum I think =\

These posts especially I want to know why they're confident that one of the previous claims must be scum.

I'm not of the belief that tracker and miller can't live side by side in the same town.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

In post 1004, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 984, Aneninen wrote: It's strange that neither Konowa nor Chaos got nightkilled. Either one of them (or both of them?) are lying or it's a pure WIFOM produced by the scums and they want us to lynch them sooner or later.

In post 1000, evilpacman18 wrote:One of Konowa or chaos has to be scum I think =\

These posts especially I want to know why they're confident that one of the previous claims must be scum.

I'm not of the belief that tracker and miller can't live side by side in the same town.

That's along the same lines of what I'm wondering too and the sole reason why I have not voted against Konowa or even like the idea that if either of us is lynched and comes up as a town PR then automatically the other is scum because I'm afraid of what will happen if Konowa does end being a miller only because that could potentially lead to three town being picked off and would almost set a win in for scum
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by Aneninen »

startfromyourheart wrote:Anen is not clear because of your track...

True, because only one of the scums preforms the Nightkill. On the other hand, it still counts as a read. Even if someone doesn't believe me, it should be considered that (1) the track read shows that I have no role with targetting (2) it makes less likely that I'm a scum.
In short: I think right now, i'm a "we can still do that" Lynch/Nightkill. (I mean, if you still think that I might be a scum but you're all unsure, lynching me would be good for not losing a town PR while Nightkilling me by the scums would be good for a sure hit, since no Doctor with a little common sense would prevent that.)

@Guyett
: Yeah, VC analysis IS useful.
For example: Antihero was leading the Chevre wagon for a long time, jumped off in so as to vote for EPM. Went for Bert in , back to Bert 4 posts later (!), returned to Chevre in . Left that wagon in . His Day 2 started with voting on me, then came a drama with a self-vote and finally it was he who hammered Misaka. Well, okay... that pattern makes no sense as a scum (as a partner of Chevre), but makes no sense as a townie as well. Has anyone got an idea about this?

Chaoslord wrote:I tracked Anen because of the whole back and forth between him and Anti in D-1 and a little in D-2. He also seemed to be one of the people that was under most people's suspicions so I was hoping by tracking him maybe it could lead to the idea of pushing forward with lynching him through being scum or to maybe help support the Anti is scum wagon by proving that Anen is town. I felt either way it gave us someone a little more solid to lynch.

This explanation looks genuine. However, I don't agree that proving town-alignment means that Antihero's a scum. See above!

Evilpacman wrote:One of Konowa or chaos has to be scum I think =\

Not true. The more I think about it the surer I am that the scum team has a Rolecop. That explains the Nightkill of Don_Johnson (the Rolecop must have targetted him at Night1) and the fact that both Konowa and Chaos are still alive. You can read about this in my previous post: I tried to find a softclaim from Don_Johnson and I found nothing. (If there had been a softclaim, the scums might have de-crypted it somehow.)
Also, if Chaos were a scum, it would be risky to give a fake-track read since I could have had a town PR and could have caught him lying immediately. If he were a Mafia Tracker how could the scums benefit by
publishing
his reads? Again, what would happen if he FOUND a town PR for real...? (I mean, in this case he might have tracked Don_Johnson at Night1... but, why did he claimed tracker only to provide NO tracking info afterwards?)

The latter answer goes for CherryDog as well: I don't think any of the claims are scum. I'm almost sure that both of them are real.

@Bert
: you haven't answered my question about your voting pattern nor about voting for me without providing any pieces of information yet.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Please stop suggesting roles and stuff. I'd rather not play wifomic games.

What we do know is that Antihero didn't want us following don while he (Anti) was being run up yesterday.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Aneninen »

??? – where have I been suggesting town roles?
I'm only saying that there must be a Mafia Rolecop and talking about previous claims. How exactly does that WIFOMize the game?

However, your latter sentence is absolutely true, we should keep that info in mind. (But, if Antihero were scum why would have suggested that? Wouldn't it have been easier not saying anything and simply Nightkilling Don?)
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 1002, chaoslord54 wrote:In post 999, Guyett wrote:
Down the scumWIFOM rabbit hole you'll be going. He could have been killed for any number of reasons imo, I prefer not to think too much into NK analysis. VC analysis is better imo

Hmm good point, What's your read then Guyett?

I'm getting super paranoid of Anti now :/
I don't think I've seen him play as apathetic as he was yesterday which is concerning me.
I want to talk with him before I put my vote anywhere.

Other than that EPM is prob town. Anen's alignment depends on Anti I think.
I'll need another day before the VCA gets proper results I think, as it stands its getting conditional results based on the flips of others.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:42 am

Post by BroodKingEXE »

@Konowa: You still haven't answered my questions and response to your case in .
A message to all scum: Dead or alive, you're coming with me! But mostly dead :p
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:47 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1009, Guyett wrote:I'm getting super paranoid of Anti now :/
I don't think I've seen him play as apathetic as he was yesterday which is concerning me.

this is me, burned out

and with no juice

...this is exactly how do you want to die would have gone if i wasn't conftown.

also, don got nked because he was never ever getting lynched, i'm not sure what all this rolecop stuff is all about.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1007, Cheery Dog wrote:Please stop suggesting roles and stuff. I'd rather not play wifomic games.

What we do know is that Antihero didn't want us following don while he (Anti) was being run up yesterday.

soooo.... the logic is that i would get lynched, flip scum, and you would then proceed to ........ not listen to me and cement don's status as conftown?

how is this scummy?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:02 am

Post by BroodKingEXE »

In post 1004, Cheery Dog wrote:

@Cheery Okay short of role speculation, what is your content read of Chaos/Konowa? My opinion is that Chaos has been seeming more townie over the last few days and Konowa more and more scummy.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Official Vote Count

Aneninen (1):
startfromtheheart
chaoslord54 (1):
Konowa

Not Voting
: Cheery Dog, Aneninen, Guyett, evilpacman18, chaosloard54, Antihero, BroodKingEXE

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Time Till Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-04 16:00:00)

BroodKingEXE is V/LA until July 22nd
startfromtheheart
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 am

Post by startfromtheheart »

UNVOTE:

In post 1006, Aneninen wrote:@Bert: you haven't answered my question about your voting pattern nor about voting for me without providing any pieces of information yet.

I've been WIFOMizing the game much more than anyone else, but that's because I haven't really had much to say - got a lot of distractions going on outside the site which should be much better in a week or two. I don't think I've really provided any good info in this game so far, so you could have pointed that out on D1, D2, or D3.
startfromtheheart
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
startfromtheheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 am

Post by startfromtheheart »

In post 1006, Aneninen wrote:it should be considered that (1) the track read shows that I have no role with targetting (2) it makes less likely that I'm a scum.

Some scum can kill and track in the same night. What's likelier with a scum tracker is if your mafia partner performs the kill while you perform the track. Standard procedure.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Konowa »

In post 1013, BroodKingEXE wrote:@Cheery Okay short of role speculation, what is your content read of Chaos/Konowa? My opinion is that Chaos has been seeming more townie over the last few days and Konowa more and more scummy.

Are you going to say anything more to back this unsubstantial statement? No comment on how chaos' opening play was manipulative and likely to be scum? What do you think of chaos' play outside his play?

I just saw your response and I'll get to it in a little while.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Konowa »

*outside his claim
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Konowa »

In post 922, BroodKingEXE wrote:Okay a lot of these posts have been taken way out of context.
  • Chevre was the last person who posted of course I asked him as a joke. Notice I have been joking about start's post all game.

• Should've been more clear with . I was talking about Boonskies not Chevre. Should be clear that I am talking about Boon from the rest of my ISO though.

• I believe it's good practice to say L-2, so someone doesn't accidentally L-1 someone. I don't even understand how this is posturing.

• With , I'm talking about how Anen is presenting's Anti's involvment in the Chevre lynch which I don't believe is adequate. As for 750 and 798, I'm trying to understand what Anti's reasoning is behind his flip-flopping. He pursued the Anen lynch forever and hops off because I jumped on. He's not really talking to me about it either which is frustrating.

Is this what you are talking about? Only thing I see taken "way out of context" is the second point. The rest of your refutes are crap.

1) Just because Chevre was the last to respond doesn't negate the fact that you -only- talked to him about the point. Why would you only single him out?
3) I think it's posturing because the L-2 announcement without actually talking about the Chevre wagon is off. I can't put it in any other words.
4) Hedge, hedge, hedge.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

In post 1017, Konowa wrote:
In post 1013, BroodKingEXE wrote:@Cheery Okay short of role speculation, what is your content read of Chaos/Konowa? My opinion is that Chaos has been seeming more townie over the last few days and Konowa more and more scummy.

Are you going to say anything more to back this unsubstantial statement? No comment on how chaos' opening play was manipulative and likely to be scum? What do you think of chaos' play outside his play?

How has my opening play been manipulative?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 pm

Post by Konowa »

I'm not going to spoonfeed someone who I think is scum. If you can't take the time to read then I don't won't take the time to bother with you outside of getting you lynched.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

In post 1021, Konowa wrote:I'm not going to spoonfeed someone who I think is scum. If you can't take the time to read then I don't won't take the time to bother with you outside of getting you lynched.

This doesn't even make any sense. You claim I was being manipulative, I question it and this is the response you give me? lol
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Post by BroodKingEXE »

In post 1017, Konowa wrote:

Quite frankly Chaos explains that play well in . He states that he wanted to push a Reinoe lynch, and switched over to Chevre when he realized that was not going to happen. Combine that with his day two content and I see a townie Chaos. It's a bit hard to see cause he was LA posting D1, but I feel that thought process is there. Quite frankly it's similar to how you were pushing me D2 imo. You could have easily pushed Chaos and at least got a discussion going. I probably wasn't getting lynched yesterday.
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by BroodKingEXE »

In post 1022, chaoslord54 wrote:
In post 1021, Konowa wrote:I'm not going to spoonfeed someone who I think is scum. If you can't take the time to read then I don't won't take the time to bother with you outside of getting you lynched.

This doesn't even make any sense. You claim I was being manipulative, I question it and this is the response you give me? lol

He's not spoonfeeding you his opinion. You should be able to read his ISO and your ISO to find out what he is talking about and give your opinion/thought pattern. Hint: you really only made one play D1.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”