FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 399, havingfitz wrote:
In post 396, Randomnamechange wrote:@fitz im an easy player to attack but a hard player to be lynched. I don't know about as scum as I've only had one scum game and that was multiball.

So you are easy to attack but hard to lynch. That makes no f'ing sense. And I assume you are the same "easy to attack but hard to lynch" player both as town and scum....i.e. it doesn't matter to me. I think your play is suspect (=scummy).
In post 396, Randomnamechange wrote:I meant scumreading you.

I was voting you before you voiced any suspicions (OMGUS) towards me. So what was your objective when you dropped the comment that I am going after "easy" players ....one of which whom I'm voting? ??????????????????????
In post 396, Randomnamechange wrote:I am derping this game so hard. Also I object to the contraction idgit.

Derp sounds like a good excuse for bad or scummy play. Are either of those good for town?

As for the contraction.....are you a rando midget or a random idget?

Easy to attack and hard to lynch tend to be scummy anyway - there are players that naturally do not want to vote for scum but are more than happy to vote for easily attackable town members. That and the consistent OMGUS...
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by massive »

Prod dodge. Not usually online on the weekend but will be back bright and early in the morning.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Iknal »

Vote Count 1.10

No change

massive(1): Saul Goode
vikingfan(2): Wickedestjr, randomidget
OkaPoka(3): massive, Monkeyman576, Kelbris
Monkeyman576(1): OkaPoka
kelbris(1): Formerfish
randomidget(3): havingfitz, FA_Q2, vikingfan
Formerfish (1): Slandaar

Not voting: Aristophanes

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-04-04 17:00:00)
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Just read page 14. This has been a very busy/distracting weekend (I know... I suck...), I'll catch up on the rest tomorrow. Given that the deadline is closing in, I'll try to make this game more of a priority this week.

The Monkey might be scum.

MonkeyMan, you acknowledged most of Oka's comments against you, but seemed to ignore the following quote. Can you please respond to this:
In post 329, OkaPoka wrote:
You criticize me for low content, as scum.
But you say FA is null for low content.
?

In post 348, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 344, Saul Goode wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6710699#p6710699]post 340[/url], MonkeyMan576 wrote:I don't care. It's lazy either way.

You should care. Context is everything. In context, that question could not be characterized as "lazy."

Even if I were just going to throw my hands up in the air and say "Wow! You got me! That was a lazy question!" Does the rest of my body of work strike you as lazy? Again. More context.

I'd say outside of that post your content is average. But that is a telling post for me. You seem to think that people shouldn't take into account individual posts and should only look at the larger picture. Are you afraid of being discovered for your scummy intentions?

If this isn't a loaded question, then I don't know what purpose it serves. This whole post feels out of place.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Sorry, wont be able to post until tomorrow.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 398, Formerfish wrote:I disagree that a read on my predecessor is currently relevant, but that's probably just a personal difference of opinion. I think an initial read can be made, but new information should be taken into account.

Everything posted by your slot is relevant this includes your predecessor.

What 'new information' is it you think I am 'ignoring'?
In post 398, Formerfish wrote:
Which brings me to my second point. Saying I haven't done anything is a tad hyperbolic. I'll admit I haven't done a shit ton, but saying I've done nothing is factually incorrect.

Yes, yes, factually incorrect technically you have done
something
but I wasn't using the literal meaning of the word and you definitely know this.
I have a somewhat strong scum read on Kelbris, and a dislike for Rando. I've explained the Kel read, and I'm sitting on Rando for the moment.

Yes, OK?
I have some town reads that I'm also sitting on for the moment until they need to come into play.

That's great.
So I guess you could say I'm not as active as you'd like me to be, but meta dive me and you'll see an ebb and flow to my play that is normal. You could say I haven't made any big cases on anyone and I would tell you that i don't always make big cases. You could say that I'm not being as open as I could be, and I would tell you I'm being as open as I care to be right now.Shit its not like iI am ignoring people trying to interact with me, I'm still waiting on some people to answer my questions and not dodge me.

The issue is you are not showing any signs of being pro-active.

For example, you say people are dodging you where have you chased them up on this?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

I am just going to be the epitome of town till we lynch/deadline now. I have no confidence in anyone else.

Townies need to post more.

I suggest anyone who hasn't should post a case on their top scumread and actually try and push it otherwise in 3 days time we are just going to lynch well... I would guess Kelbris but if he is scum then it will probably end up as Monkey/Midget/Oka.

Kelbris is definitely the best lynch of the 4 although I don't really like lynching newbies unless I am sure they are scum/I am scum :]

You 4 should aim to move yourself out of the last minute lynch category. One easy way is to agree with me that Fishie is the best lynch today and vote him. :wink:
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 390, kelbris wrote:I only saw what I WANTED to see out of their back-and-forward, for instance when Slandaar had said "within the first 30 hours or so) I missed that as I was so focused on finding holes in his evidence because I believed what Riblet was saying.

Yes, but now you know what Riblet was saying was wrong/misleading and actually quite farcical. It is very clear in the first 30 hours I posted much better content than Riblet making his stance that I wasn't scumhunting enough quite ridiculous. Even after he knows I stopped posting for ~60 hours due to being ill he suggests I am lying. (Because he messed up his read - it strengthened significantly for no reason) After a thorough explanation he did not accept this and was adamant I am scum. He even accused me of dodging questions when I said I was ill and didn't feel like posting. That isn't genuine scumhunting.

Please let me know how this influences your thinking about Riblet/Fish now you know not to believe everything Riblet was saying.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:11 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 400, FA_Q2 wrote:Easy to attack and hard to lynch tend to be scummy anyway -
there are players that naturally do not want to vote for scum
but are more than happy to vote for easily attackable town members. That and the consistent OMGUS...

Who?

You?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

Aristo vanishing since:
In post 365, Slandaar wrote:
In post 306, Aristophanes wrote:Two of the three things quoted from me are taken out of context.

Aristophanes I won't quote my response to this but considering you debated the context of the quotes I had expected you to try and defend your position. Instead it appears you thought you had made something clear which you didn't and accused both Riblet and I of nitpicking each other when you had no idea what we were saying.

I find this very odd.

Basically if you don't read most of my posts ...

Aristo accused Riblet/I of nitpicking each other in our walls. He then says he never read any of the walls.

The 2 statements do not correlate.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:27 am

Post by massive »

Nobody's lynching Kelbris today. His early claim was an all-too-easy target and it now has failed to produce any meaningful train in two attempts. The kid has been informed why this was a mistake and still hasn't done anything overly scummy. There are plenty of better targets.

I'm still happy with my Oka vote. I'm looking forward to seeing more in the fitz / random conversation. I like Slandaar but he's giving me that feeling I get when I know I'm being too tunnelly.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:32 am

Post by Saul Goode »

Getting caught up. Also not typically here to post on weekends.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 410, massive wrote:Nobody's lynching Kelbris today. His early claim was an all-too-easy target and it now has failed to produce any meaningful train in two attempts. The kid has been informed why this was a mistake and still hasn't done anything overly scummy. There are plenty of better targets.

He posts in a way which comes across as knowing too much.
For example, assuming I am performing a reaction test, realising he is tunnelling (this is actually very very rare in town if you actually look especially the cold turkey type thing he did).

Then his vote on me was suspiciously timed...

Solid lynch.
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Saul Goode »

I am actually in agreement with Slandaar. And not just with post 412. I think Formerfish was being a tad pedantic with his "I haven't done anything" argument. Makes him look hypocritical. How scummy that is remains debatable.

Kelbris looks super newb, though, so I'm firmly on the fence and waiting for the wind to blow me in one direction or the other.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:34 am

Post by massive »

In post 412, Slandaar wrote:He posts in a way which comes across as knowing too much.

Can you give a few examples of this? I just reviewed his ISO and couldn't find any real good examples.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:05 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Wicked wrote:
In post 403, Wickedestjr wrote:Just read page 14. This has been a very busy/distracting weekend (I know... I suck...), I'll catch up on the rest tomorrow. Given that the deadline is closing in, I'll try to make this game more of a priority this week.

The Monkey might be scum.

MonkeyMan, you acknowledged most of Oka's comments against you, but seemed to ignore the following quote. Can you please respond to this:
In post 329, OkaPoka wrote:
You criticize me for low content, as scum.
But you say FA is null for low content.
?

That's because FA is a replacement, and I was mixed on the two different players.

Wicked wrote:
In [url=/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6710699#p6710699]post 340[/url], MonkeyMan576 wrote:I don't care. It's lazy either way.

You should care. Context is everything. In context, that question could not be characterized as "lazy."

Even if I were just going to throw my hands up in the air and say "Wow! You got me! That was a lazy question!" Does the rest of my body of work strike you as lazy? Again. More context.

I'd say outside of that post your content is average. But that is a telling post for me. You seem to think that people shouldn't take into account individual posts and should only look at the larger picture. Are you afraid of being discovered for your scummy intentions?

If this isn't a loaded question, then I don't know what purpose it serves. This whole post feels out of place.

It's not a loaded question, I was trying to gauge the players state of mind. I wanted to know why he constantly says that people need to look at the larger picture.
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Saul Goode »

In post 415, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Wicked wrote:

It's not a loaded question, I was trying to gauge the players state of mind. I wanted to know why he constantly says that people need to look at the larger picture.

MonkeyMan, are you seriously trying to convince us that was a legitimate question and not an accusation phrased as a rhetorical question?
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:58 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Yeah, it was a legitimate question. It speaks to the players willingness to answer certain types of questions.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Monkey, in any of the games we've played together recently, you've been town right? Was each and every post you made in those games dripping with so much town that people knew without a doubt what your alignment was? Or do you think that town can make a scummy post from time to time? If uoi focus too much on individual posts then you are going to lose perspective. Taking all posts into account will give you a much better representation of a player than cherry picked posts. The latter is something scum does to try and paint someone with a particular brush.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Isnt that like the "Have you told your parents you're gay?" question?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 418, Formerfish wrote:Monkey, in any of the games we've played together recently, you've been town right? Was each and every post you made in those games dripping with so much town that people knew without a doubt what your alignment was? Or do you think that town can make a scummy post from time to time? If uoi focus too much on individual posts then you are going to lose perspective. Taking all posts into account will give you a much better representation of a player than cherry picked posts. The latter is something scum does to try and paint someone with a particular brush.

I agree that can happen, but there is also a danger at ignoring the small things in favor of the larger picture too often.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Read page 15.

In post 366, havingfitz wrote:Wicked...what's your opinion towards Saul Goode?

I think Saul's town. His unhelpful questioning of massive (even after I explained why his vote was bad) was frustrating for me, but seems indicative of a stubborn townie.

Havingfitz, why do you have such a strong town read on FA_Q2?

In post 368, OkaPoka wrote:if lynching me causes monkey to be lynched. then kelbris.

im down

This feels genuine...

In post 370, MonkeyMan576 wrote:@Oka: Sorry to burst your bubble, but lynching you will have nothing to do with weather or not I am lynched. You are scummy by yourself.

This feels a little bit like scum that wants to survive after pushing a known mislynch...
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hmm... scum team could be something like Viking/Monkey with massive or kelbris... just an idea.
-Wickedestjr
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by kelbris »

Sorry I did not respond until now, my internet has been up and down all day, anyway...
@Slandaar, knowing that Riblet's claim against you was based on a bunch of lies and contradictions, I would consider him scummy, his replacing out when people started suspecting him and saying that he is done with the site does not strike me as something that town would do. However, Formerfish's posts have returned him to a null state in my eyes. He does not seem to act anything like his predecessor and his posts do not reak of lies like Riblet's do.

@OkaPoka you may find this surprising, but I have been in one particular game where I was lynched primarily based on one person's "last will" as you would say, they listened to someone and followed their instructions even though they were in the wrong to do so and I TRIED to warn them. That is why I made that outline of a possible result of the other players in this game doing the same thing. I don't know how the rest of the players in this game play but I thought it would be possible that they would listen to you and go through with that last will of yours, one with potentially disastrous results if you were to be wrong.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 423, kelbris wrote:Sorry I did not respond until now, my internet has been up and down all day, anyway...
@Slandaar, knowing that Riblet's claim against you was based on a bunch of lies and contradictions, I would consider him scummy, his replacing out when people started suspecting him and saying that he is done with the site does not strike me as something that town would do. However, Formerfish's posts have returned him to a null state in my eyes. He does not seem to act anything like his predecessor and his posts do not reak of lies like Riblet's do.

@OkaPoka you may find this surprising, but I have been in one particular game where I was lynched primarily based on one person's "last will" as you would say, they listened to someone and followed their instructions even though they were in the wrong to do so and I TRIED to warn them. That is why I made that outline of a possible result of the other players in this game doing the same thing. I don't know how the rest of the players in this game play but I thought it would be possible that they would listen to you and go through with that last will of yours, one with potentially disastrous results if you were to be wrong.

was he a pr?
were you scummy?
was he on a roll with calling scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”