Mini 1699 - #swag wars: THE empire strikes back (swaggedout)

Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Empire »

DAY 2, VOTECOUNT 4
Boonskiies (2)
-
fferyllt, Wickedestjr

Wickedestjr (1)
-
Boonskiies

Vinkah (1)
-
RedCoyote

notscience (1)
-
implosion

Not Voting (6)
-
Vinkah, Tammy, Nachomamma8, notscience, Soft-spoken, pieguyn

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch! Deadline is on August 13th at 3AM EST or in (expired on 2015-08-13 03:03:09).

Mod Notes - Nachomamma8 is V/LA until Tuesday. Wickedestjr is V/LA from the 8th to the 12th.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:12 am

Post by fferyllt »

pieguy what's your nacho read?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 815, notscience wrote:I claimed a vig on your slot that didn't go through.

Care to share?

:?:

So you didn't shoot Gnomeo?

---

Wicked 818 wrote:Side note: I was fully expecting RC-scum to vote for notscience and the vote for Vinkah confuses me...

I don't like that verb. What's confusing about it? Please elaborate.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 824, notscience wrote:Tammy are you town ?

Yup.

I realize I'm not over active, but the signs are there if you know what to look for.

You were in We The Purple, what did you think about my point about the oddness of cheetory's accusations taking that game into account?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by implosion »

I really wish I had more to say :/. The people that I have as stronger townreads are still townreads (this includes RC who I still think is likely town). The people that I need to hear more from I still need to hear more from.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 827, RedCoyote wrote:I don't like that verb. What's confusing about it? Please elaborate.

I was starting to believe that you might be scum and then you did something that I would really not expect you to do if you are scum: you voted for Vinkah instead of notscience. You already expressed suspicion of notscience yesterday, implosion was voting for notscience, other players have already expressed interest in a notscience bandwagon, notscience hasn't even acknowledged the vote on him, I seriously doubt that you and notscience are partners, and the general consensus seems to be that Vinkah is town. I like your vote and I don't see the scum motive behind it. If you were scum just trying to mix things up, then a vote for one of Anen's 578 top suspects would have also made more sense...

I'm confused because I'm leaning town for nine players right now.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 826, fferyllt wrote:pieguy what's your nacho read?

town

his end-of-D1 posting was solid enough that I don't have any problem with him. there was also his reaction to the Gnomeo v. Tammy situation that happened earlier, which I thought looked town in that he picked up on what I was seeing re: Gnomeo before I said it in the game thread.

I don't mind the fact that he left his vote on Anen at D1 end, either; I think just about nothing can beat him promising to catch up and hammer Lia in Over the Garden Wall and then blatantly not having a chance to do it before the deadline hit. and it didn't look like scum leaving a vote on a wagon while trying to push elsewhere; he was pretty clearly attempting to refine the read and he had no other scum reads he was attempting to push. the logic there is consistent.

I'm considering following you onto Boon. do you make anything of Cheetory's posts towards Anen at D1 end?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 818, Wickedestjr wrote:I’m not one to look at a player’s reads just because they’re confirmed town. I read everything that everyone says and seek help sometimes (case in point my question towards Tammy), but for the most part I develop my reads independently… Perhaps this is just a play style difference, but I'm having trouble understanding it.

well yeah, but it's still fairly standard for someone to at the least look at it when someone points out what they think about their wagon.

RC: I have scum reads on x, y, z for *these reasons*.
Anen: once I get lynched, look at players a and b for *reasons related to my wagon*.
RC: if Anen flips town, it might be worth looking at a and b sometime later for the reasons he pointed out.

I don't see how this is a big deal in any way whatsoever. do you disagree?

In post 818, Wickedestjr wrote:I’ve never seen an RC-scum game before. My experience with RC is swag town where I correctly strong-town read him from the start. I’ve heard a few people say that he has a strong scum game and I’m usually very cautious in reading players like that, but I still got strong town vibes from him there. For whatever reason, his posting here doesn’t give me that equally strong feeling of genuineness. I should check those scum games that ffery posted…

you probably should. it's fairly different to his play here.
Soft-spoken
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Soft-spoken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Soft-spoken »

In post 6, Aneninen wrote:I don't think anyone trusts me on Mafiascum, Wicked.

Nevertheless,

VOTE: Vinkah
That's not 100×100 pixels.

in every game ive played on mafiascum, i found an opening post that made my gut go nuts. sometimes i ended up TRing them later but it was scum every time

this is that post

VOTE: Aneninen
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

lol S-S
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by implosion »

Anen was lynched d1 and flipped town.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 831, pieguyn wrote:
In post 826, fferyllt wrote:pieguy what's your nacho read?

town

his end-of-D1 posting was solid enough that I don't have any problem with him. there was also his reaction to the Gnomeo v. Tammy situation that happened earlier, which I thought looked town in that he picked up on what I was seeing re: Gnomeo before I said it in the game thread.

I don't mind the fact that he left his vote on Anen at D1 end, either; I think just about nothing can beat him promising to catch up and hammer Lia in Over the Garden Wall and then blatantly not having a chance to do it before the deadline hit. and it didn't look like scum leaving a vote on a wagon while trying to push elsewhere; he was pretty clearly attempting to refine the read and he had no other scum reads he was attempting to push. the logic there is consistent.

I'm considering following you onto Boon. do you make anything of Cheetory's posts towards Anen at D1 end?

I don't know what to make of cheetory's posts toward Anen. It felt like he grabbed hold of that example game where Anen was town and I saw it immediately when I replaced in for more than it was worth, especially given the various comments about Anen having a good scum game. Was disappointed cheetory replaced out because I was hoping to get a better grip today. TAmmy's comments about we the purple combined with not liking Boonskies' entrance pushed me into voting there.

Idic
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

@pieguyn-

I had issue with that part for the same reason that I found the third part scummy. It just felt like preparation for the criticism that a known mislynch might provoke. It allows him to defend today with, "well we were wrong, but at least we can look at his reads from yesterday" if he needs to. It's certainly possible that I'm just pursuing insignificant play style differences, but the wording of his hammer post made me feel like he was worried about catching flak for it...
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 833, Soft-spoken wrote:

Nevertheless,

in every game ive played on mafiascum, i found an opening post that made my gut go nuts. sometimes i ended up TRing them later but it was scum every time

this is that post

You need to know of any claimed night actions, but you don't need to check the OP for dead players and alignments? Hmm...

Are you scum?
-Wickedestjr
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 836, fferyllt wrote:I don't know what to make of cheetory's posts toward Anen. It felt like he grabbed hold of that example game where Anen was town and I saw it immediately when I replaced in for more than it was worth, especially given the various comments about Anen having a good scum game. Was disappointed cheetory replaced out because I was hoping to get a better grip today. TAmmy's comments about we the purple combined with not liking Boonskies' entrance pushed me into voting there.

I kind of thought Cheetory's posts at the end were town bc I saw where he was coming from with his lines of questioning. I agreed Anen doing nothing but making posts about his wagon would have been an easily fakeable strategy to employ as scum, and I liked the way he was specifically pushing him to answer the questions he had asked him before. it read like he was trying to get Anen to generate legitimate content that would be more difficult to fake as scum. the point about how he played in the game with you I don't make as much out of; I think his point there was that he as town should see that his play was different rather than calling you scum for saying it was different, not explicitly that he was scum for playing differently.

Boon's entrance was what pinged for me too. I didn't like that he walked in here with only the one read on Wicked and didn't lay out any other reads, and it didn't feel like he was actually trying to give a good explanation for said Wicked read. I want him to get in here and explain specifically what he's talking about there.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 837, Wickedestjr wrote:@pieguyn-

I had issue with that part for the same reason that I found the third part scummy. It just felt like preparation for the criticism that a known mislynch might provoke. It allows him to defend today with, "well we were wrong, but at least we can look at his reads from yesterday" if he needs to. It's certainly possible that I'm just pursuing insignificant play style differences, but the wording of his hammer post made me feel like he was worried about catching flak for it...

ehhh

I don't really agree this as big a deal as you think it is; as I said before, I would expect taking Anen's reads at the end into account would be a fairly standard thing. I think we're disagreeing on this in principle, though.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by notscience »

Are we all going to just ignore how forced S-S's response to my post was, and how RC isn't reading any of my posts, yet has seemed unsure of me?

Or..
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 838, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 833, Soft-spoken wrote:

Nevertheless,

this is that post

You need to know of any claimed night actions, but you don't need to check the OP for dead players and alignments? Hmm...

Are you scum?

This is actually a pretty decent point. Asking for some information but not looking at related easy-to-find information displays a lot of incongruousness.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 839, pieguyn wrote:
In post 836, fferyllt wrote:I don't know what to make of cheetory's posts toward Anen. It felt like he grabbed hold of that example game where Anen was town and I saw it immediately when I replaced in for more than it was worth, especially given the various comments about Anen having a good scum game. Was disappointed cheetory replaced out because I was hoping to get a better grip today. TAmmy's comments about we the purple combined with not liking Boonskies' entrance pushed me into voting there.

I kind of thought Cheetory's posts at the end were town bc I saw where he was coming from with his lines of questioning. I agreed Anen doing nothing but making posts about his wagon would have been an easily fakeable strategy to employ as scum, and I liked the way he was specifically pushing him to answer the questions he had asked him before. it read like he was trying to get Anen to generate legitimate content that would be more difficult to fake as scum. the point about how he played in the game with you I don't make as much out of; I think his point there was that he as town should see that his play was different rather than calling you scum for saying it was different, not explicitly that he was scum for playing differently.

Boon's entrance was what pinged for me too. I didn't like that he walked in here with only the one read on Wicked and didn't lay out any other reads, and it didn't feel like he was actually trying to give a good explanation for said Wicked read. I want him to get in here and explain specifically what he's talking about there.

I put a lot of stock in "thinking what I'm thinking when I'm thinking it". I probably put even more stock in "goes full forward when I'm slowing down and rethinking".

Idic
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 841, notscience wrote:Are we all going to just ignore how forced S-S's response to my post was, and how RC isn't reading any of my posts, yet has seemed unsure of me?

Or..

I don't think his reaction looked that forced in light of his opening giving a view of a player very centered around wanting to surface known information, or something like that. But I am willing to wagon him over it. If others are. Or if it leads to any chance of an actual goddamn wagon.

VOTE: Soft-Spoken
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by implosion »

(and i don't count the boon wagon partially because it's only two votes and partially because i don't like it, but etc.)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 841, notscience wrote:Are we all going to just ignore how forced S-S's response to my post was, and how RC isn't reading any of my posts, yet has seemed unsure of me?

Or..

or...watching things develop without jostling.

Idic
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by notscience »

VOTE: S-S

Who takes a post like that on blind faith?

Like, wouldn't that be setting off alarms?

pedit-

I LOVE JOSTLING

riding the horses

using a lance
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 840, pieguyn wrote:ehhh

I don't really agree this as big a deal as you think it is; as I said before, I would expect taking Anen's reads at the end into account would be a fairly standard thing. I think we're disagreeing on this in principle, though.

How big a deal did I say it was?

Honestly, it's not the kind of thing that I see much of IME. And even for someone that
does
like taking the dead guy's contributions into account, I don't see why it's necessary to express that intention before seeing the flip, because it's completely irrelevant if the flip is scum (which he saw as a decent possibility).
-Wickedestjr
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Post by fferyllt »

that's jousting.

Idic

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”