Mini 1699 - #swag wars: THE empire strikes back (swaggedout)

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by notscience »

Thoughts on my scumteam ffery
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

It couild all be scum theater, yeah.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Damnit, Nacho. I hope you know you've soiled me for Mafia for the rest of my life. #kiddingnotkidding

The worst part is that I told myself he was scum and that I shouldn't get attached to him. I told myself that several times. I told myself, "Nacho is probably scum, do not trust him... but you must get Oversoul lynched... this town needs you and they're going to wimp out... you must push this so at least you can take some satisfaction in doing one helpful thing this game".

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know who the scum is. I really don't. My heart aches. I have no ability to scumhunt. It feels like it's been years since I've had a successful inkling that wasn't derived from a cop report or someone else's bright idea.

I would pick ffrey, but my confidence is so completely shot that I'm numb. Frankly, I'd just as soon proxy my vote to notscience than cause any more ruckus.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

As for Oversoul, well, there's a special place in Hell for... people... that still hammer themselves as town in the year 2015.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: Mafia for me
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Let me also say that I am a miller. If my breadcrumb doesn't prove that, then Tammy's flip ought to. I implore y'all not to overthink this and act as though this is some nefarious plot that I am behind.

Let me WIFOM it this way, ffrey/pie (you two know me best... how y'all know so much about me, I do not know), I would not let Nacho have made such a fool of me vis-a-vis Oversoul if I was scum. I would've put my foot down during our backroom discussions and wouldn't have had any of that. I can be strung along as town, that much I will readily admit to, but I cannot be strung along as scum... and I won't be made to look like it either. I want to look slick, not foolish. I want to look back on a game and say, "ah... I got you there, didn't I? ;)" The secret to reading me, which you two both prophetically told everyone before the situation ever came up, is that I don't want to look bad.

I don't know. I feel like I'm rambling on. Um, my immediate reaction is either implosion + ffrey or Wicked or ffrey + Wicked. Um, either way that kind of tells you where my mind is vote-wise. I do wish desperately that Tammy was here so that I could now squeeze tight to her and let her take charge.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by implosion »

GOD DAMMIT WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THINGS NOW :(
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by implosion »

I head back to college in two days and i felt like i rapidly lost motivation after os flipped town.

bleh.

I'll probably be relatively inactive in a couple days at least for a day or two. Possibly not.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by implosion »

I guess bleh, at least we have flipped scum now... and i guess scum have no doctor. Not that that really matters.

My immediate thoughts are pie/wicked. But that's very much spur-of-the-moment. Will look more at stuff probably right now.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I think I want to lynch wicked today.

Or no-lynch.

Idic
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by implosion »

I am fine with no-lynching especially since I could actually still somewhat-reasonably be a serial killer from a neutral pov.

Certainly though I want to get my thoughts straight first. I'd guess it's me or notscience that would die. But eh.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by notscience »

You think I would die?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by implosion »

Does anyone alive think you're scum? RC just said his immediate reaction was that i could be scum.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Won't be able to post here until tomorrow night. I have some thinking to do.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I think Wicked's play D3 makes a hell of a lot of sense as scum distancing. he maintained both Oversoul and Nacho as top scum reads throughout the entire day without really committing to either. the scum motivation there would be that he doesn't want to draw attention onto himself if Nacho does get lynched, but wants to leave himself the option to vote on the counterwagon if necessary. as for the push itself, there was a lot of questioning but the only real point was Nacho's RC read flop, which felt a lot weaker than the reasoning for his Oversoul push on a general level (thinking the way Oversoul claimed was indicative of scum and that his reasoning for it didn't hold water).

I'd be ok with a no lynch if need be.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ffery, you agree on RC/Wicked scum team?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:12 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm officially fine with a Wicked lynch. I have zero faith in my ability to townread this game.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2940, pieguyn wrote:ffery, you agree on RC/Wicked scum team?

I'd like to think that he was trying to strongarm me into hammering Oversoul because he's scum, yes.

I'm not sure that's what was actually happening. I want to do some rereading.

Idic
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I'm pretty sure no-lynch is optimal right now. So I'm probably voting for that as soon as implosion is ready.

Still going to post my thoughts anyway though.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

This is nonsense;
In post 2939, pieguyn wrote:I think Wicked's play D3 makes a hell of a lot of sense as scum distancing.
he maintained both Oversoul and Nacho as top scum reads throughout the entire day without really committing to either.
the scum motivation there would be that he doesn't want to draw attention onto himself if Nacho does get lynched, but wants to leave himself the option to vote on the counterwagon if necessary.
as for the push itself, there was a lot of questioning but the only real point was Nacho's RC read flop, which felt a lot weaker than the reasoning for his Oversoul push on a general level (thinking the way Oversoul claimed was indicative of scum and that his reasoning for it didn't hold water).

1. Um no that's not true, try again. You're being ridiculous. Did I "maintain them as my top two for the entire day" or did I "not really commit to either" ? You can't argue both in the same sentence.
That's a contradiction.
:roll: I had been pushing Nacho and scum reading Vinkah since day 2. Day 3 was no different, they were my top two scum reads for ALL of day 3 and I almost always had my vote on one of them. I probably focused 75% of my energy on arguing why they were scum yesterday (which isn't bad considering their inactivity). I even made a big post arguing with
your
Oversoul-defense - nice of you to forget. :igmeou: So this "not really committing" point is garbage.

2. This also doesn't make sense. You think I was distancing from Nacho, but you also think I didn't want the attention if he got lynched.
That's a contradiction.
No, if I was bussing Nacho, then I would want it to be at least somewhat noticeable. And again: I was scum reading Vinkah long before he became a wagon, so this opportunism point is also bad.

3. You can't argue that my Nacho-push was weaker than my Oversoul and then criticize my Oversoul push in the same sentence.
That's a contradiction.
See the pattern everyone?
I have several other problems with this sentence from you. a.) I explained why I didn't have much reasoning for my Nacho vote, but it doesn't seem like that explanation really interests you. :shifty: b.) You are calling my Nacho-reasoning weak, but my vote for him was certainly not the least-justified vote. c.) There's
zero
motivation for me to craft a multi-point case for Nacho-scum when I was already getting lots of support AND when I genuinely didn't have any other points to give AND when I have other things that I like to do in my life.

Seriously, give me a friggin break, this post is awful. Starting to feel like you might be the townread I was wrong about and that I'm
your
final mis-lynch target. You spent the entire game ignoring me and now that Oversoul's gone, it's my turn, huh?

You haven't given a single legitimate reason for disliking my Nacho push. Instead you've just attacked the push without considering my reasoning. You are dead set on scum reading me today. If I had taken any other stance with regard to Nacho (ignoring him completely or defending him against the bandwagon) then you could still easily scum read me for
not
attacking him. But the fact of the matter is that I attacked Nacho so you have to scum read me for "bussing". But really I could have taken any stance wrt Nacho and you'd have found a way to have issue with it I bet. Again, it seems like this is true, because your reasons are awful/forced and you've ignored my town motivation/explanations for everything I've done.

Hmm... on the topic of bad Nacho votes - what would you think if a player pushed the bandwagon and then unvoted for weak reasoning ? Oh hey that was you...
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

It might be pie/notscience...
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 2941, RedCoyote wrote:I'm officially fine with a Wicked lynch.

Why? Please tell me it's not because of pie's last post.

But this is a surprising change considering there are still two living players outside yesterday's town bloc...
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

pie/notscience/Nacho actually makes quite a bit of sense right now

(totally the first time I've said
that
this game)

ffery why do
you
want to lynch me?
-Wickedestjr
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2947, Wickedestjr wrote:pie/notscience/Nacho actually makes quite a bit of sense right now

(totally the first time I've said
that
this game)

ffery why do
you
want to lynch me?

Why do you think pie/notscience/nacho make sense?

When I saw the oversoul flip, my immediate thought was that remaining scum were nacho/you/redcoyote or nacho/notsci/pie, with the second grouping lower probability simply because nacho doesn't usually ignore his scumbuddies and he came pretty close to ignoring both of them for most of day 1/2/3.

I haven't had time to go back through the game since Friday. May get to it tomorrow. More likely Monday. I want to know why my gut isn't comfortable with pie/rc as a possibility.

Idic
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 2948, fferyllt wrote:Why do you think pie/notscience/nacho make sense?

Pie/notscience - Their interactions from yesterday are bizarre if they're not both scum and I could very well see two experienced friends orchestrating an argument to fool an equally experienced town. Note that their fight started shortly after the day began. A connection between them would also explain why they are both town reading each other now despite previously scum reading each other with certainty. I initially thought it was town v town, because they were both decently strong town reads, but it's becoming clear to me (now that Oversoul/implosion aren't mafia) that at least one of them is scum. So now scum v scum is a very legitimate possibility in my mind. Furthermore, I have trouble seeing scum push a townie as hard as they pushed each other: scum v scum makes more sense than scum v town.

Pie/Nacho - Pie didn't really start pushing Nacho till the middle of yesterday (IIRC), voted Nacho, but ended up unvoting towards the end of the day and changing her read on Oversoul from town to scum. She scum read
me
for leaving myself the option to switch to the Oversoul wagon, but I had been scum reading Vinkah long before he became a wagon, so I think this point is more applicable to her.

notscience/Nacho - I honestly can't remember any of their interactions off the top of my head, which on its own might be a sign that they're scum together. But this is something that I want to look at later.
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”