She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Titus »

Why on page 17?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1649, NJAC wrote:
In post 1647, Infinity 324 wrote:Null leaning town

Where are you in your catchup and what are your thoughts?
Anything specific that made you read him leaning town?

I was busier than expected yesterday so I couldn't read far from page 17. I'll try to finish reading today. Until that page I'm suspecting Smithereens' slot and maybe atm.
Just a gut feeling, he looked like town that was genuinely lost.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1650, Titus wrote:Why on page 17?
Realized awkward phrasing.

Why do you feel that way based on the first 17 pages?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:24 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 1648, Titus wrote: VOTE: Njac

If you thought Day 1 had importance, you could actually show me where. You would have some semblence of a scumread beyond Titus isn't playing like I do. You would have scumhunting in your ISO.

Day 1 is garbage until we get a scum flip. Then it's gold, provided no weird vote fucking.

Your absolute refusal to have read the thread shows either that you agree with me on D1 being garbage (thus your vote is bad, and highly scum indicative), you copied my lack of desire to read (hypocritical vote at best, likely scumflail), or disingenuous poking designed to avoid scumhunting (scummy).

Why don't your actions match your words?
I haven't finished reading, but I do think it's necessary to read the whole game to form better reads.

You apparently prefer to base your reads on interactions, and given that I'm reading your predecessor as null leaning scum, I want to get more from you.

P-Edit: @Titus: wrt your slot or smith's slot?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Titus »

Both slots.

If it's necessary to read the whole game, why did you randomly throw shade on two biggest obvtown posters here? You're acknowledging that players like interactions, yet that style you argue is anti-town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:50 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 1654, Titus wrote:Both slots.

If it's necessary to read the whole game, why did you randomly throw shade on two biggest obvtown posters here? You're acknowledging that players like interactions, yet that style you argue is anti-town.
WRT atm: kinda fencesitting on some things going on during D1, lack of contribution, his vote in for eggman feels ungenuine and opportunistic (here I'm assuming egg is actually a lynchbait). Not a strong read but enough to read him leaning scum more than town.

WRT Smithereens: basically what was said during the beginning of D1 that scum would support a strong player like rob instead of attacking him. His interactions with Creature about the egg crumb doesn't convince me. Again not a strong read.

I'm not randomly throwing shade on two players (which two are you referring to, BTW?), I'm just trying to interact with the currently active players. I also want to understand how you are supposed to scumhunt without reading the past pages. And I'm voting you because I'm scum-reading your slot, due to what your predecessor did and your current attitude of not reading.

I just try to keep the game moving as I finish catching up, of course my reads can change but it's worth to put some pressure meanwhile.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: NJAC
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:13 am

Post by NJAC »

Naked votes are scummy.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

So am I scum for it? ;)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 1640, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1639, petroleumjelly wrote:Not sure I really have time for this game. If I can't make time to read and post in the next couple days, I will request replacement. In the middle of buying a house (among other things), so my time has been severely crunched.
Congratulations PJ!!! That's really awesome. Also you're conftown, thanks.

I have surgery tomorrow and I came hoping to add something intelligent to the game but I think we are kinda running in circles. That suggests that the scum might be coasting and trying not to rock the boat? Though the townies are doing the same.

Right now we have this:

DrippingGoofball [1]: petroleumjelly
Creature [3]: F-oh-ex / Dragon of the West / Derek12
NJAC [2]: Eggman / DrippingGoofball
Dragon of the West [1]: Infinity 324
Titus [1]: Creature

I will theorize that were Creature scum, scum would bus and the lynch would happen faster. No scum is dead yet and the scum must be hungering for towncred. Why don't F-oh-ex / Dragon of the West try moving their votes around? Or anyone else?

Shake things up a bit. Like a mid-game RVS.
Why specifically f-oh-ex and myself? You want us to take our votes off the wagon with the most votes on it, which is on a person you've said is scum iirc, to try to get scum to bus? This doesn't make any sense
F-oh-ex
F-oh-ex
Goon
F-oh-ex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:57 am

Post by F-oh-ex »

I'm not moving my vote because I scumread Creature for a long time. I moved from him yesterday because we were close to deadline and majority wouldn't gather on him. Now he's the wagon with the most votes so I'm definitely not jumping.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 546, Robbnva wrote:Also I think egg town slipped and I don't think it was a "fake" town slip so while I still question why he felt the need to crumb vt, I feel he's probably town.
Does anyone know what townslip was Rob referring to in this post?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:29 am

Post by NJAC »

Nvm, I already saw it, but not sure that was a townslip.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:22 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 673, Infinity 324 wrote:That said I don't like smithereens' or atm's jumps on.
This.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1658, Infinity 324 wrote:So am I scum for it? ;)
Let me elaborate.

NJAC's original post pinged my gut, hence the naked vote. I wanted to see his reaction. He didn't ask why or try to get my thought process, he simply said "naked votes are scummy" which doesn't really have a purpose aside from throwing shade without committing to anything.

So yeah, this slot is scum.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:32 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 1664, Infinity 324 wrote:Let me elaborate.

NJAC's original post pinged my gut, hence the naked vote. I wanted to see his reaction. He didn't ask why or try to get my thought process, he simply said "naked votes are scummy" which doesn't really have a purpose aside from throwing shade without committing to anything.

So yeah, this slot is scum.
:lol:

Ok. Let me get into your game:

Why did you vote me? What was your thought process here?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I already told you, the post pinged my gut and I wanted to see how you reacted.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 am

Post by NJAC »

What was wrong with my first post (is that you're referring to, right?)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1655, NJAC wrote:
In post 1654, Titus wrote:Both slots.

WRT atm: kinda fencesitting on some things going on during D1, lack of contribution, his vote in for eggman feels ungenuine and opportunistic (here I'm assuming egg is actually a lynchbait). Not a strong read but enough to read him leaning scum more than town.

WRT Smithereens: basically what was said during the beginning of D1 that scum would support a strong player like rob instead of attacking him. His interactions with Creature about the egg crumb doesn't convince me. Again not a strong read.

I'm not randomly throwing shade on two players (which two are you referring to, BTW?), I'm just trying to interact with the currently active players. I also want to understand how you are supposed to scumhunt without reading the past pages. And I'm voting you because I'm scum-reading your slot, due to what your predecessor did and your current attitude of not reading.

I just try to keep the game moving as I finish catching up, of course my reads can change but it's worth to put some pressure meanwhile.
It's this one, your reads don't feel genuine and it seems non-committal.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:45 am

Post by NJAC »

They're genuine, but I'm obviously not commited to them because I still need to finish reading.
Eggman
Eggman
Goon
Eggman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Eggman »

In post 1662, NJAC wrote:Nvm, I already saw it, but not sure that was a townslip.
(I don't see it myself, as evidenced by that one post I made. Where?)

Eggman's Read List, Because I'm Not Sure What Else To Put Into This Post Edition:
Eggman: Role PM
Derek12: He has been consistently scumhunting and doing his best. Leaves a good taste in my mouth.
Creature: I liked its posts on day 1, although it seems not many of you did. After its big wall at the start of Day 2, it's been erratically popping in and out
Infinity: Seems like he's been asking questions and thinking his posts through to make them sound like town. Higher than neutral, IMO.

Dragon: still not sure what to really think of them. I know I was somewhat suspicious of them, but I forgot what for. Probably something about the neighborhood.
F-oh-ex: Loses points in my book for agreeing with/defending Smithereens, but has otherwise stayed consistent. Also, Neapolitan soft? Check me tonight bro
Titus: You probably already answered this question, but why wouldn't you need to read the game as town..? Gains points for trying to catch NJAC with a possible scumslip.

(Both of my scumreads replaced into slots that I already found scummy and I have written posts for, so...)
NJAC: not sure I have stuff to say about this slot, so let me bring up the fact once more that both NJAC and Titus had extremely similar OPs.
DGB: in addition to Smithereens' moves, that healthy dose of what I can hopefully presume is sarcasm doesn't help my opinion of her.
Eggman
Eggman
Goon
Eggman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Eggman »

Oh wait, Titus totally top-townread Tsmithereens.
@Titus
: What about his posts did you find towny?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Titus »

@egg, I haven't read a lick of Smithereens. DGB is townie though. Sarcastic, moderately aggressive but not antitown is town DGB.

Sarcasm is a personality indicator.

I am an actions speak louder than words type of girl. Always have been and will be. By dropping in later and forcing explanation, group think can be avoided. Day 1 is Aldo more important after a scum flip for vote analysis on Day 3 or later.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
For the players (Titus and DrippingGoofball) who have asked what they should read from Day One and do not plan on reading the entire game, I would suggest:

->
a.)
The Eggman wagon. The first vote was placed by Creature in Post #197. The wagon started to fall apart at L-1 after Robbnva unvoted in Post #441.

->
b.)
As the Eggman wagon subsided, there was a slight push on both Creature and crazycrabman you can look at after the Robbnva unvote.

->
c.)
After the forum was down for a few days, there was some frantic posting as the deadline neared. The votes really start flying when Dwlee99 points out how close the deadline is in Post #1187. I would suggest at least reading from that point until the end of Day One.

Of course there are also some one-on-one arguments I am glossing over, but to me most of them seemed to be players talking past each other (e.g., Creature "lying" about Eggman crumbing; Infinity 324 "slipping" because on his list of players his "third scummiest" was a Townlean). I personally find the votes (or lack thereof) and pushing for votes more interesting.

2.)
Eggman, please place me in your latest Read List. Also, I will ask you not to color code your reads like that -- I have a particularly difficult time reading your yellow text without highlighting it.

3.)
Eggman and Infinity 324: you have both pressed on Titus for not reading the entire game. Is there a reason you are not similarly pressing DrippingGoofball for not reading the entire game? They have both literally said they prefer to hunt through direct interactions.

4.)
In post 1599, F-oh-ex wrote:
In post 1549, Eggman wrote:I'm not sure who the third mafioso could be, but I'm pretty sure on {DGB, NJAC}.
A question to the more experienced players from a newb: I know the consensus day 1 was that there are 3 Mafia but since it's apparently a multiball or SK exists, can we be still sure of this? I don't think it's a scumslip per se but this post rubs me wrong.
Technically, there are three possibilities. There could be a Scum group (of 2 or 3 players) and a SK. There could be a Scum group and a Vigilante. Or there could be two separate Scum groups of 2 players each.

Right now, it is largely not necessary to determine which of those three worlds we live in. Likely the only time it would become relevant is if (i) somebody posts in such a way to indicate they have more knowledge about scum than a Townsperson should (or they seem to be pretending to
not
have such knowledge), or (ii) somebody claims to be a killing role.

The base assumption should be that there is a 3-player scum group and an additional killing role, if only to avoid everybody having to caveat everything they say.

5.)
Eggman, how do you know about Neapolitan (Cop) roles? And why have you only seemingly noticed F-oh-ex mentioning his favorite flavor is Neapolitan
now
, as opposed to earlier in the game? Has something changed?

6.)
Somebody sell me on the Creature case. I have a Townlean on him. Why is he scum? I do not find the "lying" about the Eggman crumb persuasive in the slightest. I do not think his Day One hunting by "process of elimination" is scummy. I assume there is more meat on the bone?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1673, petroleumjelly wrote:Eggman and Infinity 324: you have both pressed on Titus for not reading the entire game. Is there a reason you are not similarly pressing DrippingGoofball for not reading the entire game? They have both literally said they prefer to hunt through direct interactions.

Well DGB looks towny and so did smith, and she has given some opinions on the game. I didn't have a strong read on titus' slot, and she hadn't really given many opinions yet.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”