Mini 1315 - Wizarding World Of Hiplop's Mafia Game!

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Mini 1315 - Wizarding World Of Hiplop's Mafia Game!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by hiplop »

Welcome to Hiplops Wonderful Cutlery Mafia!

In the hiplop household, they have a very nice kitchen. In that kitchen sits a drawer, a drawer containing cutlery. For many years this drawer has survived in harmony, it was a rather beautiful area. But Hiplop introduced some new spoons, and no one is taking too kindly to these newbies - they are KNIVES (IN DISGUISE), knives don't play nice, PLUS they are sharp! Oh My! How will Hiplop eat in peace, with all this trouble arising?

Spoiler: The RULES, Stolen from mina!
A) Ethics and Sportsmanship

A1) All sitewide rules apply. Read them here.
A2) Play to your faction's win condition, as long as you do not break any game or site rules in doing so.
A3) You may not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread unless explicitly permitted to do so in your role PM.
A4) Quoting or pretending to quote your role PM, quicktopics, private communications with the mod, or (in the case of hydrae) discussion with other heads is strictly forbidden. Loose paraphrasing is permitted, although run it past me first when in doubt.
A5) Be civil and treat other players with respect--attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but I will interfere if anyone resorts to excessive insults, personal attacks, and bullying.
A6) There is a zero-tolerance policy against offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. You may be harshly punished for even a first violation of this rule.
A7) Encryption is forbidden, as well as messages hidden in invisible text, small text, or BBCode tags. Always err on the side of caution and ask the mod before leaving a code or breadcrumb. A good rule of thumb is that if the average person cannot decipher the code without outside software after having it pointed out, you can't use it.
A8) Editing and deleting posts (if you have the power to do so) is strictly forbidden.
A9) If you have outside information that influences your knowledge of the game, are aware of someone else having outside information, or have any reason to believe that the game has been compromised, it is your responsibility to inform the mod immediately. I will love you for your honesty.

B) Voting/Lynching Mechanics

B1) For your vote or unvote to be counted, it must be completely bolded, and use the format Vote: PlayerName/Unvote: PlayerName or VOTE: Playername/UNVOTE: Playername (capital letters and colon optional). Any other variation (such Hammer: PlayerName) will not be counted.
B2) Votes for misspellings or acronyms of players' names (such as VOTE: Playrname or VOTE: PN) are valid as long as the player being voted for is clear. You are not required to unvote before changing your vote. However, votes that are behind spoiler tags, in small or invisible text, or otherwise concealed are invalid.
B3) A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
B4) (AKA Zachrulez's Nemesis's Rule) You may vote for "no lynch" if you wish. If 50% of the players in the game vote for no-lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
B5) If you have just been lynched, you may post during twilight before the thread is locked. However, you are allowed no more than one "Bah"-type post immediately after your death. After that, dead is dead. If the mod hasn't posted the endgame scene, you may not post again, even after a hammer in LYLO. Under absolutely under no circumstances may you reveal game-relevant information after your death.

C) Activity and Deadlines

C1) All phases will have a deadline of twelve days.
C3) Deadlines will not be extended barring exceptional circumstances or replacement situations. If a majority lynch is not reached before deadline, no lynch occurs.
C4) You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
C5) Night phases will last for forty-eight hours from the mod post announcing the beginning of night. The thread is locked during that time.
C6) In order to be accepted, night actions must be PMd to the mod or posted in bold in scum QTs before the forty-eight hour deadline is up. If a player does not select one, he or she will default to "no action."
C7) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the night deadline until some time after a replacement is found, regardless of whether that slot has a night action.
C8) Please treat this game as a commitment and do your best to participate actively.
C9) Players will be prodded after seventy two hours without posting. They may also request prods on other players so long that player has not posted for a reasonable amount of time. All prods will be announced in thread.
C10) Players who do not respond to a (non-player-requested) prod within twenty-four hours or need to be prodded too often will be replaced at the discretion of the mod.
C11) If you will be unable to post for over forty-eight hours, inform the mod by PM or in the thread of when you'll be V/LA. Assuming the V/LA period is of reasonable length, you will be exempt from prods during that time. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod.
C12) I will try to post vote counts every page or every twenty-four hours if possible. Players may request a new vote count at any time.

D) Other

D1) Abilities follow Natural Action Resolution unless explicitly stated otherwise in your role PM.
D2) If there is a conflict between the rules and your role PM, the role PM takes precedence.
D3) Purple is the mod's color. You may not use it.
D4) Hydrae are permitted in this game as long as they do not hide their hydra status or their number of heads.
D5) It is possible something may have been overlooked or left unclear. When in doubt, ask. You may be punished for deliberately exploiting technicalities and vague wording in the rules in order to do something you should know is forbidden or unethical.
D6) Punishment for breaking any of the above rules may include a private or public warning, force replacement, modkill, or even blacklisting (depending on the seriousness of the offence).
D7) I will modkill players in the way most detrimental to their faction. Modkilled players may be retroactively made into Neutral Survivors.
D8) I reserve the right to add, remove, or modify rules at any point of the game if it becomes necessary.

Spoiler: Living players
Rife Norman
Minegamer
Senjai
3. 4nxi3ty
12. Yates

bold = here after TIGER

Spoiler: Dead Players
1.gorckat - Vanilla Townie
2. ICEninja - Jack Of All Trades
3. Pizza - Vanilla Townie
4. Elmo - Vanilla Townie
5. Chevre/GuyNamedRiggs/MAGNAOFILLUSION - Mafia Goon

6. Descent/Mastin - Macho Cop
7. Theamatuer - Vanilla Townie
8. Pine - Mafia Tracker

9. Slandaar - Vanilla Townie
10. Kortul - Vanilla Neighbourizor

Spoiler: RIPPED TO SHREDS (modkilled)
BETTER STAY EMPTY!

Spoiler: Sample PM
You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no abilities besides your voice and your vote

Win Condition
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town aligned player remains alive

Confirm by sending me the name of your role!

Phases:
Day one
Night One
Day two
Night two
Day 3
Night 3
Countdown:
(expired on 2012-05-04 18:00:00)

OLD THREAD IS SAVED HERE!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?474x63124dzy9lo
Last edited by hiplop on Wed May 09, 2012 8:35 am, edited 37 times in total.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by hiplop »

I'm going to restart the votecount.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:27 am

Post by hiplop »

Kortul has replaced Pez, and ICENINJA has replaced HowardRoark

Vote Count 1.0

Not Voting ~ (13)Rife, ICENinja 4nxi3ty Pizzadudes7, Tierce Chevre gorckat Rang Tangler theamatuer Descent Kortul Yates horrordude0215
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:58 am

Post by theamatuer »

Woo we're back.
I really don't want to download the pages though :|
Its just whatever
Pizzadudes7
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Pizzadudes7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 am

Post by Pizzadudes7 »

Neither do i!
Show
I definitely did NOT just lose the game. :)

If someone broke something, blame either gravity or kdowns.

I am simply stating things that may or may not need to be changed through my thorough use of sarcasm, trolling, and all around bitchiness.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 am

Post by gorckat »

In post 3, theamatuer wrote:I really don't want to download the pages though :|

Same here, frankly. I don't know why, but I hate RARs.

<Goes to download file>

Oh, right- doesn't play nice without a specific program to open.

If anyone has it in anything but a rar (like a zip or pdf) that'd be swell.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am

Post by kortul »

It takes like a minute or so, and browsing through them isn't that hard. I took a look at them, but will have to reread several times tomorrow, to get a feeling of interactions. Don't want to do this right now, since it is 0 am for me (i am at GMT +02). A pity some posts are missing, since i found several references leading nowhere.

P.S. The link in you signature is broken, theamatuer...
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am

Post by kortul »

In post 5, gorckat wrote:

Same here, frankly. I don't know why, but I hate RARs.

<Goes to download file>

Oh, right- doesn't play nice without a specific program to open.

If anyone has it in anything but a rar (like a zip or pdf) that'd be swell.
I can re-compress them tomorrow if needed, but you can try 7-zip - it is free, and should open RAR. Once you extract the files to some folder, they will simply open in your default browser.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am

Post by Yates »

It's only of moderate use as there are a good number of posts missing. *shrug* New game, looks like...
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by hiplop »

ZIP for if anyone wants it, it is missing a bit to be fair though. Still, better than nothing
http://www.mediafire.com/?me3rlvtk8pldqyq
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

vote: kortul
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by gorckat »

In post 9, hiplop wrote:
ZIP for if anyone wants it, it is missing a bit to be fair though. Still, better than nothing
http://www.mediafire.com/?me3rlvtk8pldqyq

Thanks, hip :)

If 7zip should open a RAR, it wasn't for me.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by ICEninja »

So is this day 1 with the roles exactly as they were in the previous game?
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by theamatuer »

yes
Its just whatever
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by ICEninja »

In taking a look at the couple pages in the last game, the things that stuck out to me was 4nx having meta'd Descent, and that Pez threw out the comment about the avatar and then, with very strong feelings, withdrew his statement and attacked people for jumping on his "joke".

The second is scummier to me, though Pez is no longer playing in this game to address any questions I'd have for him. For now I'll start the game off with my vote on his slot, however, as that player is starting from a marginally scummier point than anyone else.

Vote Kortul

4nx, why did you point out that Descent withholds his vote, and how did you know such things?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by Tierce »

Yay, thanks for letting me know you don't give a damn about my work recovering this. :| It's not anyone's fault here that the crash happened, and it's not my fault there are bits missing from the recovered file, I reconstructed everything I could.
Sorry about the .rar bit--as said above, 7-zip takes care of the issue, but wth is this laziness? It takes you a minute to download, then it's easy to read through because it's forum format. It took me
considerably longer
to save. Wow, guys.
[/bitter cache grunt worker]

VOTE: Descent

I still have to learn why the hell he thought those RQS questions would be useful in scumhunting, and what are the results he got from it.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Iceninja wrote:4nx, why did you point out that Descent withholds his vote, and how did you know such things?

Iceninja wrote:4nx having meta'd Descent

you already have the answer to half of your question, the othe half can be found on pg.5 of the archive
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Post by ICEninja »

So on page 4, you noticed someone hadn't posted yet so you went through a bunch of his games to determine that he frequently doesn't do this? That seems so fishy to me. I can't quite put my finger on it but I really don't like it.
Tierce wrote:
I still have to learn why the hell he thought those RQS questions would be useful in scumhunting, and what are the results he got from it.

I actually find his questions to be fairly innocent. Maybe not helpful, but not detrimental to town either. I personally often ask a few questions regarding timezone, experience level, and posting frequency for my own reference (generally to catch people lurking when they don't normally do so) but over time haven't found it to be particularly helpful so I've stopped for the most part.

Except for the timezone one. If there's anyone here playing in a non US timezone, it would be helpful if you point it out, just so I know you'll likely be posting at odd hours, and I won't be waiting for you to respond to something if it's the middle of the night in, say, Australia.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 17, ICEninja wrote:
Tierce wrote:

I actually find his questions to be fairly innocent. Maybe not helpful, but not detrimental to town either. I personally often ask a few questions regarding timezone, experience level, and posting frequency for my own reference (generally to catch people lurking when they don't normally do so) but over time haven't found it to be particularly helpful so I've stopped for the most part.

Except for the timezone one. If there's anyone here playing in a non US timezone, it would be helpful if you point it out, just so I know you'll likely be posting at odd hours, and I won't be waiting for you to respond to something if it's the middle of the night in, say, Australia.

See, the issue is that he claimed the questions were useful, but the only results he gets from it are from someone who refused to answer them:
Tierce in #63 wrote:
Descent in #60 wrote:What have we learnt from the questions? Well, I feel like we learnt about something that we can check against someones metaplay in Tierce, we can check to see if the play is always so aggressive early game. A mean (as in good) scumhunter it seems like this one.

Engh. You're both buddying me and justifying your questions by saying you could check this against my behavior--this is no answer. This is what you gained from someone
not answering
the questions and you didn't need the questions to learn that anyway. My early game is aggressive regardless of alignment. What did you learn from
the questions themselves
?

He ignored everything else going on in the thread to stick to those questions.

Tierce in #65 wrote:What additional, game-relevant information do you gain from:
Descent wrote:"How is everyone today?
Have you played with anyone in the game that you know of?
How much do you play on other sites?
Scum or Town, which do you prefer to play?
Timezones?"

Four pages in, this is all he cares to comment about the game:
Descent in #93 wrote:I usually do
VOTE:
, the problem is, I'm not really sure who could be the mafia members.

I'm thinking that Tierce is a member of the town, but not entirely confirmed in my mind.

Hell, I have no idea right now, but you guys do have a point with the voting, I will have to think about it.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 17, ICEninja wrote:So on
page 4
, you noticed someone
hadn't posted
yet so you went through a bunch of his games to determine that he frequently doesn't do this? That seems so fishy to me. I can't quite put my finger on it but I really don't like it.

I noticed Descent was getting called out for
not voting
. On
pg.5
I explained why I defended him.

Explain how you came to the conclusion that was fishy.

Also, did you do a thorough read of the archive or just skim?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by Chevre »

Hi everyone! I'm going to bed soon but I will read through the archive tomorrow and see what's up. :D
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Fair enough, Tierce. When you present it that way, Descent seems on the scummy side.
4nxi3ty wrote:
I noticed Descent was getting called out for not voting.

You say this as if it's strange to get called out for not voting.
4nxi3ty wrote:
On pg.5 I explained why I defended him.

You claimed to be worried it would snowball in to a mislynch? Seriously? Going out and putting effort in to someone's defense
before Descent even responded to the accusation himself
on something that hasn't really garnered much attention. Yeah that's fishy.

I definitely read it (though because of a few missing posts I got lost a few times) and simply wanted to hear you further explain yourself. I'm definitely not liking how nonchalantly you played off meta research when it was very clearly not called for. Even looking at your wording "Is this a soft push?" in not even knowing if it was a push, and it being soft, calls to question why you mentioned it before allowing Descent to respond, AND calls in to question why you invested effort in to providing a defense.

Not fishy, scummy.
Unvote, Vote 4nxi3ty
Descent
Descent
Goon
Descent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Descent »

In post 15, Tierce wrote:Yay, thanks for letting me know you don't give a damn about my work recovering this. :| It's not anyone's fault here that the crash happened, and it's not my fault there are bits missing from the recovered file, I reconstructed everything I could.
Sorry about the .rar bit--as said above, 7-zip takes care of the issue, but wth is this laziness? It takes you a minute to download, then it's easy to read through because it's forum format. It took me
considerably longer
to save. Wow, guys.
[/bitter cache grunt worker]

VOTE: Descent

I hate to say it, but you have made an excellent point. The RQS questions were pretty useful. I apologize for pretty much wasting the time on that. With that being said, I'm still not a big fan of you jumping on what was - well - a noob mistake. I do get why you did it, as if I was trying to divert conversation.

With that being said, I'm glad this game is continuing and looking forward to continuing it.
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 am

Post by kortul »

It took some time to read archive several times, was doing something like manual ISO for a future reference. I really hate that 23 posts are missing. Luckily, Tierce posts include quotes with post numbers, so i was able to scavenge some missing data from it, which is good.

Rife
- neutral feeling. A bit apologetic. For some reason was reluctant to tell his main account, but it can be seen in archive anyway.
HowardRoark (
ICENinja
) - not a lot of posts, but i like the ones i saw.
Chevre
gorckat
- neutral feeling, slightly leaning town.
Tierce
- leaning town, so far i like her posts and aggressive attitude, it generates pressure and/or discussions.
horrordude0215
- neutral feeling, nothing much to analyze.
Pizzadudes7
- not a single post scavenged (just 2 remarks in other people posts), no votes either, nothing to analyze.
Rang Tangler
- nothing so far, RVS->3-4 posts->V/La.
theamatuer
- almost MIA. 2 posts in RVS, and (97)"sorry. been busy recently. Will try to get in something tomorrow." after being prodded.
Yates
- just a single RVS post scavenged, though there is a vote on Descent. Nothing to analyze.

Descent
- skipped RVS, reluctance to vote, no stance on anything happening around.

4nxi3ty
- A few posts, practially skipped RVS, with first post being already serious: (28)
I've noticed a trend where scum use these "questions" to ease into D1, not a conclusive tell but we'll see if it applies to descent
Votes out of nowhere (post 56 in backup, post 10 after the restart).

So, my suspicions so far are on 4nxi3ty and Descent. I will do a meta research on them, to see if this is their normal behavior.
VOTE: 4nxi3ty

I would like to see more input from Pizzadudes7, theamatuer and Yates, quiet town sooner or later becomes dead town.

Descent
, while answering your own questions you didn't tell your timezone - can you share it? And in post 93 you promised to think about voting thing, did you have time to do it yet?
Hell, I have no idea right now, but you guys do have a point with the voting, I will have to think about it.
And in your answer to Tierce (previous post), you meant "were pretty
useless
", am i right?

4nxi3ty
, care to share your thoughts behind the votes i've mentioned?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:49 am

Post by gorckat »

@Tierce- I do appreciate your work. You and others saved a lot of info cahce mining. My frustration was with the RAR packaging and not being able to open it. It may be a problem with my 7zip install at home because my work PC opened it okay.
___

Is Rang off VLA?

For the moment, I'm keeping my vote on him:

Rang's on VLA so he can't immediately answer, but I like a

vote:Rang Tangler

Getting a newb-scum vibe off his tone, notably the "early wagons reek of scum" and then 2 posts later the placating "I do agree the wagons generate discussion".

Vote: RangTangler

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”