Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:15 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

In post 1046, implosion wrote:yeah, i'm not reading those walls. If you want to give me a tl;dr then that'd be cool, or i can just not know what was said, but yeah.
...comon at least read it...
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
surviva316
surviva316
Townie
surviva316
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:21 am

Post by surviva316 »

No, we may not, but we likely do and there are better targets now anyway.
surviva316
surviva316
Townie
surviva316
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 am

Post by surviva316 »

^ Talking about whether we will have a Day 4.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1050, Naomi-Tan wrote:
In post 1046, implosion wrote:yeah, i'm not reading those walls. If you want to give me a tl;dr then that'd be cool, or i can just not know what was said, but yeah.
...comon at least read it...
No.

When a single page manages to have 6 or 7 walls, they are no longer worth reading, especially since a significant portion of it is just back-and-forth. I have neither the attention span nor the patience to get anything useful out of them. I could read them, but I would be wasting my time.

As long as Yates is going to play the obstructionist, my vote isn't leaving him unless it's for a damn good reason.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by Shamrock »

Prod dodge, been watching TI3, will post tomorrow.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1036, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 1021, Yates wrote:
In post 1019, Cheery Dog wrote:Opportunism detected.
Actually, I hadn't noticed this. And that's not serra's style as Town.

VOTE: Serrapaladin
#irony
We need to talk. I will be around in about 5 hours.
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Team Rocket »

In post 1022, Kalimar wrote:
Given you think serra is scum do you think his vote on Cheery was distancing or a vote on another townie?
Well, my scumread on cheery is stronger than my scumread on serra, so I'm not really sure, but I could definitely see it as either distancing or just attempting to stay on the "popular" wagon.
Hydra of ac1983fan and Elyse.
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 am

Post by Team Rocket »

btw, last two posts are ac but I've been forgetting to sign.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Yates »

@Mod -
Due to RL issues, I will not have the bandwidth to dedicate the appropriate level of play to this game for the next 2-3 weeks. As much as I hate to do this, I believe I need to replace out for the good of the Town. I will continue to post as I can until you find a suitable replacement or if things should change on my end.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Kalimar »

Two days to deadline. :/
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:37 am

Post by Team Rocket »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: serrapaladin
Votes are spread too thin.
surviva316
surviva316
Townie
surviva316
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:04 am

Post by surviva316 »

Assuming there won't be an extension while Yates replaces out, a vote on someone who doesn't plan on posting anymore today seems like a bit of a deadended train. I still like a TR lynch and still think lynching serra is just about the worst thing we could do today.

VOTE: Team Rocket
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 am

Post by implosion »

:roll:

Unvote

VOTE: Team Rocket
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 am

Post by Kalimar »

Yeah, I think TR has a good chance of flipping scum even if only for setting up the false bussing scenario with Nul and CD. The somewhat static reads don't help, though on the Town front he does remind me of ToastyToast and could just be scummy Town... but he's a pretty easy mislynch in possible LyLo if he's Town and with a decent chance of a scum flip I think it's a good lynch.

If he does flip scum I wouldn't put TR bussing CD out of the question, just because of CD's weirdness in relation to the TR wagon today (implying the scum-read had persisted at the start of the day but not really wanting to lynch TR for unconvincing reasons).

If TR flips Town Yates is also probably Town because of that replacement request. With an easy scum win on the horizon if TR flips Town, Yates-scum could just lurk it out to a win. If TR flips scum, meh.

Vote: Team Rocket
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Kalimar »

Yates and serra seem to have history, so the fact they're both scum-reading each other (ish) is probably worth exploring more, even if it's with Yates' replacement. If one of the two is scum I don't think I could confidently call which now. Yates has given some weird arguments today but I almost think he believes in them... and serra's been a little hedgy today despite a stronger start on day one. My wariness level has gone up with Yates a bit since part of my Town-read lay on Effulgence's reasons and now Yates has gunned for Shamrock (MS's slot) his 'meta-based reasons for unvoting MS' don't seem so genuine anymore...

I don't really want to lynch serra before I would want to lynch morph as morph and serra have interacted a lot in thread (usually atypical of scum partners - though there's a first time for everything) and with a bit of cautious dubiety towards each other. As long as my morph scum-read eclipses my serra scum-read I won't really want to lynch serra first.
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:55 am

Post by Kalimar »

Also, I know this is ironic after posting a couple of my longer posts, but if we could make an effort to make posts a bit more punchy and concise, that would be appreciated. :) Walls should be for special effect, not as a standard, imo.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1063, Kalimar wrote:Yeah, I think TR has a good chance of flipping scum even if only for setting up the false bussing scenario with Nul and CD. The somewhat static reads don't help, though on the Town front he does remind me of ToastyToast and could just be scummy Town... but he's a pretty easy mislynch in possible LyLo if he's Town and with a decent chance of a scum flip I think it's a good lynch.

If he does flip scum I wouldn't put TR bussing CD out of the question, just because of CD's weirdness in relation to the TR wagon today (implying the scum-read had persisted at the start of the day but not really wanting to lynch TR for unconvincing reasons).

If TR flips Town Yates is also probably Town because of that replacement request. With an easy scum win on the horizon if TR flips Town, Yates-scum could just lurk it out to a win. If TR flips scum, meh.

Vote: Team Rocket
I don't think Yates' replacement request has absolutely any bearing on his alignment. It sounds like it was just him doing the outside-of-the-game right thing.
Kalimar wrote:Also, I know this is ironic after posting a couple of my longer posts, but if we could make an effort to make posts a bit more punchy and concise, that would be appreciated. :) Walls should be for special effect, not as a standard, imo.
QFT
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Shamrock »

So I still think lynching Team Rocket is the best course of action for today. Unlike pecan, about whom I suddenly started having doubts towards the end of D1, there's not much in Team Rocket's posting today that indicates they could be town. If you take a look through their posts, there are token responses to cases being made on them and, other than that, there's no real attempt to try and figure out who the actual scum are. They say they're willing to be the mislynch if their death provides information, but at the same time they don't seem to have any real interest in providing analysis or information to the town before they die. I don't see any evidence of an organic thought process behind their posts, there's just position-taking on serra and CD and no attempt to actually discern anybody's alignment. And that's not even getting into how horrible the vote on this page is.

Someone should hammer.

I'm not really interested in reading the tea leaves on Yates's replace-out, but I do still think that slot is scum too.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

vote count 2.10
morph the cat (L-6):

Shamrock (L-6):

Cheery Dog (L-6):

Naomi-Tan (L-6):

serrapaladin (L-3):
Cheery Dog | Yates | Team Rocket
Surviva316 (L-6):

Yates (L-6):

Kalimar (L-6):

>
Team Rocket (L-1):
Shamrock | serrapaladin | surviva316 | implosion | Kalimar
implosion (L-6):

Not Voting:
Naomi-Tan, morph the cat

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Until deadline: (expired on 2013-08-07 11:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • I'm back!
  • Will search for replacement for Yates.
  • serrapaladin has been prodded.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Team Rocket »

Final thoughts it is then...
think the scumteam is 3 out of Cheery Dog, Shamrock, serrapaladin, surviva316, morph the cat...I feel most strongly about Cheery Dog and serrapaladin. Naomi-Tan is either town or an SK or I'm an idiot. (Alternatively I'm an idiot no matter what)
See y'all in the post game / dead qt (if there is such a thing)

Not self-hammering out of principle, but if it gets down to the wire on the deadline I suppose I will
-ac
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1063, Kalimar wrote:just because of CD's weirdness in relation to the TR wagon today (implying the scum-read had persisted at the start of the day but not really wanting to lynch TR for unconvincing reasons).
I haven't said anything about me not happy with Team ROcket's lynch, yes I haven't voted that way yet today, but that was mostly because I wanted other discussions to still be happening and/or find his teammates.

Now we have Yates replacing out, so I'm going to leave the hammer off for the moment so we can maybe get the replacement's start of thoughts before the day ends.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1068, GuyInFreezer wrote:serrapaladin has been prodded.
Well, this is embarrassing...

I still think TR is the only reasonable choice for today, but I'll take another look at this tomorrow.

The fact that fery seems to have a similar impression of Elyse's meta is a bit worrying. For me, it's not a particularly strong one given that she only has the one completed newbie as scum, but if we both have that impression it's at least worth exploring.
Wandering but not lost
Naomi-Tan
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Naomi-Tan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:58 am

Post by Naomi-Tan »

I feel that they will flip town, but, I hope you guys are right. Today I've had little to no scum feelings towards anyone so Im hoping that this will at least be more revealing to help lead me in the right direction.
Naomi ~ ☠ ♠ ♣ ⦿ ✿ ♡ §
Team Rocket
Team Rocket
Townie
Team Rocket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Team Rocket »

I am so so sorry I am a terrible hydra member. I've been away the past two weeks and have had little to no cell service and no wifi. I came home yesterday and my damn Internet is out. Verizon is supposed to fix it soon but they haven't yet. I've been concentrating on other games since AC can post here but I feel awful and I'm truly sorry. My play this game has been awful and I hope town can turn it around.
-Elyse
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:01 am

Post by serrapaladin »

Going through D2 again:

Excellent entrance by surviva. The try-hard walls are really townie, and actually good content.
In post 824, implosion wrote:Also, given that GM is town and eff's last words were that magua was convinced at least two of {ppp, gm, tr} were scum, I think effulgence would likely be alive if tr were town, at least for today, given that scum would probably expect them to push a mislynch (this assumes that the mafia killed effulgence). I can frankly see GM as a vig kill or an SK kill, by the way.
This was my first thought, too, except I could also see good scum offing eff when all of his scumreads are town so they could open with this argument to secure two mislynches (scum likely had no reason to believe GM would also die).

TR defaulting to attack the universal null/scum-read Cheery is predictably bad. The reasoning for surviva is worse:
In post 854, Team Rocket wrote:Just for full disclosure here are my (Ac, not necessarily same for Elyse)'s reads
Scum - Cheery Dog (because of gut, his interactions with Nul, and POE)
Maybe Scum - surviva316 (
Naomi's case on Reecer6, plus his walls look a tad bit manufactured and don't really say anything new
), Yates (gut)
Null - serrapaladin (although post 819 looks a tad bit like buddying so if surviva ends up being town that could put this in the maybe scum pile), morph the cat
Maybe Town - implosion, Shamrock
Town - Naomi-Tan
-ac
I'm getting the feeling implosion is over-selling the whole 'telling TR to not give up and play the game' thing. It's worth noting that implosion was called out on sort of coasting behind eff's reads end of D1 and started posting more, but not necessarily more content.
In post 935, Team Rocket wrote:Not sure what more to say at this point...
My townread on Naomi is wavering, based on her recent posts just generally not being constructive.
-ac
Not sure if TR-scum would bother with any sort of read-progression at this point. Gut reaction says no.

and by cheery are weird. He votes Yates, based on some misguided meta attempt, only to unvote immediately.

I'll stick by my statement that TR is the best lynch for today.

Both halves of morph are still avoiding any of the major arguments going on, which I'm worried about. Yates' aggressive response to people pointing out his inactivity is off, but I guess makes sense with his replace-out.
Wandering but not lost

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”