Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2674, Aeronaut wrote:I was TheseViolentDelights and was in this game at some point, and boy did that suck

Alts are overrated bc nobody listens to u and then u get sad
You were TVD??
Maybe I shoulda listened to ya. Mathblade did justice to the slot at least, so that was good :)
And I townread you so go me! :lol:

I have an alt or two I'm probably going to bring out soon. Depending how they go, Ari may become used moreso for modding and for epic games I just can't miss out on.
Iunno, I love it a lot, but I also feel a change is needed in some way.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

i think Aerophanes still exists in the depths of this site somewhere
2023 W/L | 1-0
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yay!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2676, Aeronaut wrote:i think Aerophanes still exists in the depths of this site somewhere
Yooo, why has that not become a thing we've ever used yet!?

Also, according to my searches, I don't think we ever made the account, which may answer the above question :P
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by hapahauli »

Good game!

Thanks to Dier for hosting (and allowing me to replace in so quickly), as well as TwoFace and Aris for being open minded enough to secure the lynch.

I cannot comment much on the game beyond D3, because that is all I really read in detail (though I was reading the votecounts throughout the game). Sonia and EMP's individual posts were pretty good throughout the game. However, I felt that they were far too transparent with their mafia motivations in the thread. EMP's posting left a very powerful association case to make against Sonia. Sonia's treatment of EMP on D3, as well as her D4 voting were huge red flags in her filter. To some extent, both of you really need to think about what you would do as town before you take certain stances in the thread. A solid mafia performance doesn't need to be perfect, but there needs to be just enough to cover your tracks.

I hope I don't sound overly critical - I just want to point out what I noticed and hope people find it useful.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by hapahauli »

I also felt strategically that Sonia really put herself in a hole reading my slot as town the way she did. I think the best chance at surviving another day was not trying to put all the eggs in the lynch-Gamma basket, but to actively discredit me and hope that TwoFace went along with his tunnel.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

And thanks Hapahauli for making your slot the town it needed to be! :)
You came through in a pivotal moment, which made all the difference!
- Jingle
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Joshz »

i had to sub out due to surgery and not being able to get stress levels above a certain point etc etc i didnt want to risk anything, glad my sub fixed what imo was a really awful tunnel from someone who had otherwise decent gameplay. idk, i really dont see me and emp as svs, i called him out for ignoring sonia for active lurking just as much as i did and im pretty sure hapahauli got some of their argument from what i brought up which is nice. sonia was obvious scum to me but unfortunately i just didnt get the time to fix it.

empoof seemed like too obvious a lynch to me like aja. i guess you could say i overestimated his gameplay? the sonia connection was really obvious, and my doubt was that that was intentional, but ah well. in hindsight we just let sonia coast without even reading the thread or doing much of anything at any point, did the creeps slot justice :^) but she managed to stay under the radar for a while which is good for her.

this was my last game on ms but what ill take for future games is i should be more confident in my reads. i was right on which d1 wagon i wanted, i was right on vedith, and i figured out creeps in the end - i just didnt convey it well and i need to work on that too. i shouldnt have lynched hiraki or aj, thats my b.

overall i had fun this game. thanks for being a good playerlist, peace.
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by xSoniaNevermindx »

In post 2680, hapahauli wrote:I also felt strategically that Sonia really put herself in a hole reading my slot as town the way she did. I think the best chance at surviving another day was not trying to put all the eggs in the lynch-Gamma basket, but to actively discredit me and hope that TwoFace went along with his tunnel.
noted that's normally my scum play but I have people with meta on me so I tried to do something dif clearly didn't work out
my 2nd scum loss to date dam
The longer you stare at something the more out of focus it becomes

MariaR is me
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by hapahauli »

In post 2683, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:
In post 2680, hapahauli wrote:I also felt strategically that Sonia really put herself in a hole reading my slot as town the way she did. I think the best chance at surviving another day was not trying to put all the eggs in the lynch-Gamma basket, but to actively discredit me and hope that TwoFace went along with his tunnel.
noted that's normally my scum play but I have people with meta on me so I tried to do something dif clearly didn't work out
my 2nd scum loss to date dam
I skimmed through your other mafia game on this account Mini 1823 and came away super impressed by your play. Your ability to get emotional and angry came across as very authentic on my readthrough, and seem to provide great cover and a very credible story as an "angry over-emotional townie."

Which is why...
In post 2604, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:I'd say Gamma I feel quite strongly on it.
I think a lot of the sr is just an irk for my playstyle and I'm not gonna change that so nothing I can really do on that.
I thought using less rage would make me more approachable and in turn less lynchable guess I was wrong.
...I was surprised to see this.

Experiments are what they are, and there are probably good reasons to be less "ragey" in your town play. But I also feel that this is what was missing from your mafia play this game: some kind of cover to distract town players from calmly considering the objectives you were pushing.
xSoniaNevermindx
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
xSoniaNevermindx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by xSoniaNevermindx »

I 100% needed to ate I agree
I've heard it's less fun when I ate though so I've been quite shy on using it it's hard for me
The longer you stare at something the more out of focus it becomes

MariaR is me
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

GG y'all looking forward to reading the PTs
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:38 am

Post by TwoFace »

GG
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:48 am

Post by TwoFace »

@ hap. I was impressed how you were able to quickly make a case on Sonia like that. Her reaction wasn't great. That's always the best way to stop a tunnel, make a good case for an alternative. Good job
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:04 am

Post by havingfitz »

Gg town.
Thanks mod.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2675, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 2674, Aeronaut wrote:I was TheseViolentDelights and was in this game at some point, and boy did that suck

Alts are overrated bc nobody listens to u and then u get sad
You were TVD??
Maybe I shoulda listened to ya. Mathblade did justice to the slot at least, so that was good :)
And I townread you so go me! :lol:

I have an alt or two I'm probably going to bring out soon. Depending how they go, Ari may become used moreso for modding and for epic games I just can't miss out on.
Iunno, I love it a lot, but I also feel a change is needed in some way.
Honestly if I am not posting 20000 miles an hour that should give scum pause. I left my reads dubious because I knew if I did my role right I was dying N1.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Dierfire »

Here are the links to the PT:

Mod PT
Dead PT
Mafia PT
Mason PT
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:01 am

Post by TwoFace »

not sure why anyone in the dead thread thought I was scum, especially after fitz flipped scum, also not sure how anyone thought emp was town.

:shrug:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also Math I'm sorry if I accidentally drew attention to your CC
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:42 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”