Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 am

Post by Ghostlin »

That's not to say scum didn't make any mistakes at all, btw. The Nurse claim...yeah. But this turned into a lesson on frustration and killed my enthusiasm for replacing in when I do feel it shouldn't of happened.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I was the doctor and essential protected whoever had the invention each night.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1423, Ghostlin wrote:Also, AI, please in the future get a backup mod. You shouldn't have missed my NK Night 2 and the game should of lasted so long.
Wow. I was gonna say something about the Mods lack of involvement, but missing the NK, bloody hell. Think you should have replaced out early on mod, you didnt reply to several of my pm's and in general I didn't feel you were at all involved in the game. Maybe you had some serious real life stuff going on. But replace out if you know you havent really got the time.

All in all, a disappointing game. The theme looked great but yeah...it didn't deliver. Partly cos I had didnt really have much support and felt I was doing it on my own.
Partly the game was a let down though due to my own fault. Me doing the night kill was a real noob error. With AA having the invention and possibly a PR as well and suspecting me strongly I should have kept my head down. Annoying, becuase up until then I felt I had done quite well in what I was considering my first "proper" game as scum. ( I dicked around in three games a few years ago, but this was my first game as scum since I came back to mafiascum). Annoying though. Because although massive props must go to Ms Marangal in this game, I thought I had done quite well in persuading everyone else to ignore her. It does seem very hard in mafia, even if you actually catch scum, to persuade other people that you are right. But yeah, apart from her, no one seemed to suspect me, apart from Salamance. Which as it turned out could have been a godsend what with with the Godmother thing. So I kinda feel that scum could have had a chance going into day 2 if I hadn't messed the nightkill up.
But hey ho. We were a very inexperienced scum team (discounting Ghostlin, who came in and did a great job considering the circumstances) so I don't think we did that badly. But yeah noob scum vs experienced town...there was probably only ever gonna be one winner.
But well played town, and well played Ms Marangal! :)

ps here is the scum quick topic here
On the nurse claim, I thought it people would say "wow, thats such a shit power role, scum would never make that up", thought that would be better than claiming cop or doc. Only Elyse got that. But I guess it was too obscure a claim, really. Maybe it would have gone down better if I had not been tracked to the corpse lol
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1426, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I was the doctor and essential protected whoever had the invention each night.
Doctor is an OK role for this game, but if you're going to give away 1 shot Vig, 1 shot Track (which I think multiple shot Track would of been cooler, with an increasing chance of death each time you use it, I'd love to know what the last device did, for example) and other investigate PRs, I think you don't really need Cop. Let Town suss out some of the activity of their own.

Also, Doctor+Cop with no RB on scum side is lousy game design.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:32 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

What were the scum power roles?
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1429, MonkeyMan576 wrote:What were the scum power roles?
Godmother, one-shot Strongman.

I was vanilla.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:34 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I think the inventions ended up being the difference maker. If scum had gotten hold of the inventions, they probably could have turned the game around. But yeah, this doesn't seem like a balanced game.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 am

Post by mozamis »

So were doc, cop and 2 masons? I thought AA was maybe a PR with her "don't use power roel on me tonight people". I still don't really get that, since the invention didn't protect her. Or was she in fact asking people to protect her? It didn't matter, there was no way were killing her that night, much as I really, really wanted to. Iwas shitting bricks every time she posted lol
And good to see you again Ghosty! Thanks for trying hard, it was appreciated. There was a brief moment was a couple of people unvoted you when I thought "shit, he might pull it off" but alas, it was not tobe. Still, good on yer.
Oh and Zero, the self hammer man...town were quite divided, and with the mod never showing up, there was always a chance your lynch could have unravelled. Never give up!

P:edit - yeah, maybe we should have gone for the inventions. But I was worried that it would look really scummy to try and cliam the invention. Thought I would go for the "get town points by sheeping the most popular candidate" approach.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:43 am

Post by mozamis »

*so town were doc etc
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 1432, mozamis wrote:And good to see you again Ghosty! Thanks for trying hard, it was appreciated. There was a brief moment was a couple of people unvoted you when I thought "shit, he might pull it off" but alas, it was not tobe. Still, good on yer.
I
didn't
expect to pull it off, I didn't think anyone else would. I've only stymied a Cop once as scum, and Sala believed his investigation as accurate, so my best attempt was to discredit Sala, but it didn't work.

Barring that, confusing Town. I love chaos as scum.

Anyhow, Mo, it was great seeing you again.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 am

Post by BT »

It's a good thing you didn't pull anything off, else I'd explode or something similar. I caught your slot bullshitting right when the game started.

I don't really know about the gimmick ITT but I do think the mod could have been a tad more active. >_> That I would say held back the game the mod.

Sorry for subbing out early! I was looking forward to mason-ing, too.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 10:05 am

Post by BT »

EBWOP: held back the game the most
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 10:27 am

Post by mozamis »

Yeah, I was glad that you replaced out cos you looked good. You Grandi and AA were towns best players in this game IMO.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Elyse »

Props to AA and Sala.

Also, moz and Ghostlin, I thought you guys were townie despite the damning evidence. If it weren't for that I probably would've called you town. So good job.

The setup is very swingy and I think it went pretty bad for scum. The chances of town getting both inventions and finding two scum with them was pretty low, but it happened.

I was slightly disappointed in the mod, but he wasn't terrible.

I was more disappointed with Z3ro. Everyone else, it was a fun game.

Sorry monkey and fuzzy! :oops:
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Awesome.
You were awesome Elyse. :P If lynching me helped the game at all, i'm glad. :)
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by mozamis »

lol I don't think you were lynched fuzzy :)
And thanks for kind words Elyse, it was fun playing with you :)
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Gah. why did I say lynched? Lol
*shrug* I don't know what i'm talking about. Long week, and it's only Monday.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Amethyst Actor
Amethyst Actor
Goon
Amethyst Actor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Amethyst Actor »

Yeah, As soon as We declared we had tracked you to the body, you probably should have come up with a different claim...

I would have believed your claim had you not been tracked to the body. (Dad is talking here.)

But yay!!!! Town won!

I agree that this game took longer than it should have and part of it was on the mod's frequent absences... I definitely recommend a backup mod for any future games...

The mechanic was definitely intriguing and could work well with a possibly different set up... but all in all it was funish...
HYDRA ACCOUNT

offspring of Ms Marangal and The Acting Method
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

:D

we weren't a PR, I just tried to soft-claim Commuter or some other un-targetable role so that scum wouldn't target us that night. It worked!!

looking back through the game, I had thought Elyse was Grandi's Mason buddy because he was Elyse's first vote for invention. Grandi flipping Mason was enough for me to confirm her as town

We almost had a perfect game!!

and a doc and cop was countered with a Godmother/Strongman setup. Strongman could kill through doc protect and cop would have gotten innocent on Moza so the Scum PR roles were balanced out'

still can't believe Zero self-hammered...
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 12:48 am

Post by guille2015 »

I was Grandi's mason. I was playing it low just to keep my identity secure until later in the game. BT had bread crumbed it in his first post.

This is a fine game. But I think it was harmed by the absent AI. I will also suggest AI to get a backup mod or a co mod.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 3:49 am

Post by The Acting Method »

Yeah, Zero's self hammer was bad...

Yeah, Marangal was clearing my scumspects left and right... I will totally confess to having a partial confirmation bias on Sal. (Didn't help that one of his first moves was attacking someone for something that could have been town... (if I recall correctly was town but don't take my word for it.) when he had done similar as town.) Thankfully I let Marangal do most of the reads with my own input from time to time.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I thought sal was scum too at first, until I did Moz's meta research. i think independent meta research helps weed out confirmation bias.
Agent_Ireland
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Agent_Ireland
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 1:48 am

Post by Agent_Ireland »

I had a backup mod, he's been busy with RL lately.

@Ghostlin, I posted early in the quicktopic for mafia saying that I want all night actions sent to me in PM on the site here. I just forgot to mention it in your role PM. I am sorry about that, but that wouldn't really have changed the ending of the game. Sal still had the guilty result on you.
NEXT TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z!
"I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" - Naruto Uzumaki (Bleach)
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 7:01 am

Post by mozamis »

You needed to be more involved though, it was very frustrating. Numerous times I asked you questions and you didn't get back to me. And various lynches and incention lynches you just werent around.
And if your back up mod had real life stuff going on, he wasn't a back up mod.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

For the record, as soon as I got my role pm, i knew there was going to be trouble. :S
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”