TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

shhhhhhhhh, don't talk about Vax yet please
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:33 pm

HA PAGE TOP
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Ari, post what you got :P
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1894, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Now Ari, the grand finally I need from you, thoughts here please <3
In post 710, Vaxkiller wrote:Does anyone actually believe that Fate is town? All he has been doing is spreading miss-information, providing horrible reasons for his voting Hes not even reading the thread !

Asks questions, but refuses to answer small legitimate ones asked of him: . All this translates to scum, and hes having a blast doing it. I'm having fun with this game too, but I can guarantee the scum are having even more fun.
In post 605, Fate wrote:Wait is camn allowed to post freely too or is that just flavor <_<
Worried?
In post 634, Fate wrote:Pine's tellign the truth here

Whichis exactly what I said

Nacho first round scum pick

Fate second round town pick

???

profit
You modified this a bit, and your using fate to defend yourself?
In post 632, Pine wrote:Nacho was a first round pick, Fate. You were a second round pick.

Hate to burst your bubble.
I know I said this before but post reeks of someone thinking of a great joke, but has to wait for the right moment, when the blurt it out all the sudden and it sounds super rehearsed, like they have been waiting to say it for soooo long. As soon as you rolled scum you thought of this right?

VOTE: Fate
I still want dreal dead, once fate flips maybe more people will believe my dreal case.

@Fate

Found this when reading your iso:
In post 594, Fate wrote:I also never called Gin* scum, Vaxkiller

Interesting how that came out of nowhere
You wouldn't answer my question so I assumed it.
Alright, here we go!

The first two linked posts are Meta reasons which, though weak, do have reasons to them. I like that he is scrutinizing strong players, but I wonder if he knows howstrong they are.
I don't like that he didn't link any "misinformation" and also that he accused Fate of not reading the thread at the same time. Like, the two kind of contradict each other, and there is no evidence provided for the former. He could have had a much more solid case had he put that effort in.

The links (4 succeeding posts) where Fate didn't answer him just sound butthurt on his part, but don't really strengthen a scumread.

His quote section is shit tbh. He is being nitpicky as fuck, and none of it is actually scummy. If you just assume Fate has an ego, all of this makes sense and is pretty much NAI.
The "super rehearsed joke" was NAI. The fighting for a position in the draft was NAI. Asking if Camn could sway the game was obviously not a real question, and thus NAI.
It looks like he's stringing together a weak ass case on a good player for the sake of it, and I don't really like it!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1900, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:shhhhhhhhh, don't talk about Vax yet please
Don't worry, I've only been reading current posts after posting my analyses.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Spoiler: Quality Rating:7/10 Time taken: 6 minutes
In post 1867, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1861, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Starting off with his first post, I picked out the parts that stood out to me. I have to agree with Vax here that in the beginning, I saw it as a distancing move with dreal and Pine, what are your thoughts on this quote?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:BUT dreal is a good player as well, and this seems like distancing. I see dreal put alot of emotion when trying to convince people in his arguments.
Also moving onto the same quote but a little further. What do you think of the validity of Vax's statements?
In post 145, Vaxkiller wrote:More scum posting. Instead of saying why, you just say just say shes "scumming it up" also you trying VERY VERY hard to convince us pine did not pick you, a little to hard.
I don't know their history, but Dreal is a decent player generally. I do think he'd distance from Pine. I don't read it as such though. He is making it too obvious to be real distancing I think.

I di agree that Dreal way exaggerated Nacho's "scumming it up" as I don't believe he had even had 2 posts at this time. It's a good observation. Nacho would also be one that Pine would want discredited early, as he is a fantastic player. So I definitely could buy it here.

Spoiler: Quality Rating:8/10 Time Taken: 6 minutes
In post 1874, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1870, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Okay, so tell me your thoughts about this post here, I have my thoughts but I'm interested in your opinion.
In post 410, Vaxkiller wrote:Because taht is al he posted so far.

I'm new here, but I've heard the name nacho before, so its not like hes some newbie-scum that is afraid to post.

So what about that post do you think people were voting him for?
I'm conflicted on it. I like that he's pointing it out. It's likely he has heard nacho's name thrown around. I know I did well before I ever played with him. He is talked about. I also like him calling out the unfair push on Nacho. It is part of why I scumread Mastina at the beginning. Because I just didn't see where any of it was coming from and it looked like a really opportunistic push.

What I don't like about it is that it doesn't actually take a stance. It's merely a fact post. Like "you are wrong because..." not "your pushing this is scummy because..."
It's a small distinction, but it does make a big difference sometimes.

Like I say, it gives me pause, but I do like that he called it out.
If he's scum, it'd be ballsy (though one must be in a game with this caliber of player in it).

Spoiler: Quality Rating: 8/10 Time Taken: 9 minutes
In post 1889, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1878, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Same concept Ari, I know this post is bigger than the others but can we go for a 3 piece?
In post 433, Vaxkiller wrote:On my first read through of the first few pages I missed. I was left of the opinion that mastina was game solving. But re-reading through I missed parts of thier posts taht I do not like.

First off post is just bad

post starts off great, but then falls into the same "Why didn't pine pick me?"

post more crying about not being picked.

Then alot of posting I like. With the exceptions of posts

which I cant even follow.

@mastina give a tldr on some of these, good lord.

TLDR: Good townies have no reason to be posting shit like "why didnt you choose me" it jsut creates WIFOM for no reason. and further communication with pine (like dreal is doing) just muddy's those waters further! It's not helping town and he knows better than to play like that.

I know I said I was going to revisit my death tunnel on dreal, but I cant find anything that makes me want to move my vote.

Mastina looks better as the day goes on, but I still question those earlier comments, and I don't have the same super town feeling. more of a town-lite (and liek all lite beers, does not leave me satisfied)
On the posts he linked: The first one is bad, I totally agree. It was a bad idea to start a 1v1. Easy as that. Easy opinion.

The two where she was "crying about not being picked" were pretty standard "let me fill you in" posts, and the 2 "incomprehensible" ones were standard for Mastina. I know he probably has no experience on which to base this, but it's true, and I think it should have been deducible by that point.

I dislike the shit flinging and backing down at the end of the post. It all read a little weak and wishy washy, but to wnd it with "town-lite" seems like a cop out. Like an "I'm supposed to scumread you but I have to ease into it" kinda read.

Also, I hate that he called his Dreal "push" a death tunnel in multiple posts. It wasn't a death tunnel. It was barely a tunnel. It was a push and a read (barely). Overstating it was unneeded and reinforcing that overstatement just is weird. Too peculiar for my liking.

Spoiler: Quality 9/10 Time Taken: 14 minutes
In post 1903, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1894, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Now Ari, the grand finally I need from you, thoughts here please <3
In post 710, Vaxkiller wrote:Does anyone actually believe that Fate is town? All he has been doing is spreading miss-information, providing horrible reasons for his voting Hes not even reading the thread !

Asks questions, but refuses to answer small legitimate ones asked of him: . All this translates to scum, and hes having a blast doing it. I'm having fun with this game too, but I can guarantee the scum are having even more fun.
In post 605, Fate wrote:Wait is camn allowed to post freely too or is that just flavor <_<
Worried?
In post 634, Fate wrote:Pine's tellign the truth here

Whichis exactly what I said

Nacho first round scum pick

Fate second round town pick

???

profit
You modified this a bit, and your using fate to defend yourself?
In post 632, Pine wrote:Nacho was a first round pick, Fate. You were a second round pick.

Hate to burst your bubble.
I know I said this before but post reeks of someone thinking of a great joke, but has to wait for the right moment, when the blurt it out all the sudden and it sounds super rehearsed, like they have been waiting to say it for soooo long. As soon as you rolled scum you thought of this right?

VOTE: Fate
I still want dreal dead, once fate flips maybe more people will believe my dreal case.

@Fate

Found this when reading your iso:
In post 594, Fate wrote:I also never called Gin* scum, Vaxkiller

Interesting how that came out of nowhere
You wouldn't answer my question so I assumed it.
Alright, here we go!

The first two linked posts are Meta reasons which, though weak, do have reasons to them. I like that he is scrutinizing strong players, but I wonder if he knows howstrong they are.
I don't like that he didn't link any "misinformation" and also that he accused Fate of not reading the thread at the same time. Like, the two kind of contradict each other, and there is no evidence provided for the former. He could have had a much more solid case had he put that effort in.

The links (4 succeeding posts) where Fate didn't answer him just sound butthurt on his part, but don't really strengthen a scumread.

His quote section is shit tbh. He is being nitpicky as fuck, and none of it is actually scummy. If you just assume Fate has an ego, all of this makes sense and is pretty much NAI.
The "super rehearsed joke" was NAI. The fighting for a position in the draft was NAI. Asking if Camn could sway the game was obviously not a real question, and thus NAI.
It looks like he's stringing together a weak ass case on a good player for the sake of it, and I don't really like it!
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Each post I made sure got progressively more difficult to analyze, started off slow and he did a fantastic job analyzing the post, giving his opinion and fact checking. The timing in his responses I can believe completely.

I am highly confident in town!Ari seeing the content that was just produced.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:42 pm

We can talk about Vax again, I didn't want Ari to have any outside help but we're good now
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm

EVERYONE'S DEAD
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

calm down calm down
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ari does look town but I still want him around to chat if he's able to be around.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Thanks Gin, I appreciate the opportunity! <3

Like, you seriously don't even know how much I appreciated this.
- Jingle
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Blossom my flowery friend
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I've brought up some BTD6 points; what do you think of them?

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1910, Nachomamma8 wrote:Ari does look town but I still want him around to chat if he's able to be around.
I can. I'm sacrificing sleep for it, but as I say, I'll be away once I go to bed, so I'll do all I can before I do go!
- Jingle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I will respond to Vaxkiller in full. And Cakez. I had to take the music off the speakers so the neighbors don't strangle me with my own entrails but now I'm back in the saddle.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1914, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1910, Nachomamma8 wrote:Ari does look town but I still want him around to chat if he's able to be around.
I can. I'm sacrificing sleep for it, but as I say, I'll be away once I go to bed, so I'll do all I can before I do go!
If you need to go to sleep, of course go to sleep; don't want anyone suffering for the sake of the jam session.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1880, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 441, BTD6_maker wrote:Pine, you do realise it is optimal for you to do nothing but prodge here. Every time you post we get more information/
I am getting far more "Pine interactions" reads than I thought I would originally, but here's another Pine interactions read.
I liked that he was coaching the coach and don't think the coach would coach him to coach the coach, and I love that the sentence I just created makes sense.
You don't think that, as scum, he may want to do this as a distancing move? It reads a little bit as a cheeky "yo, stop posting shit! It's giving people info about us!" no?
- Jingle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1055, BTD6_maker wrote:Again, no explanation for Ari being 100% scum. Also, you claim Mastina is Town purely because she is hard to lynch. This is faulty logic and does not clear anyone. Mastina is being wagoned. Some wagons lead to a lynch; some don't. It is possible to consistently avoid lynches even with a wagon. Also, I am doubting whether what you say is actually true about Mastina. Provide evidence.In short, Ari is not confscum and this reasoning is terrible. On Day 1 we only have one guaranteed confscum, and that's Pine.
Conviction here is decent; I don't really have an impression of BTD6 as a player but again, based on his comment about his scum game earlier, the conviction expressed seems pretty strong for "I'm scared to share reasoning or else it be scrutinized".

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1916, Nachomamma8 wrote:
If you need to go to sleep, of course go to sleep; don't want anyone suffering for the sake of the jam session.
I can stay for a half hour, how's that :)
- Jingle
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1917, Aristophanes wrote:You don't think that, as scum, he may want to do this as a distancing move? It reads a little bit as a cheeky "yo, stop posting shit! It's giving people info about us!" no?
If BTD6 struck me as the cheeky type, I'd be much more inclined to think distancing move.
Since he seems fairly straightforward to me, it seems strange that he'd do something like that of his own accord and it's even weirder that Pine would coach him into it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1919, Aristophanes wrote:
Perfect.
It's even more perfect if Gin manages to stay awake but everytime he goes like 3 minutes without posting my heart breaks and I feel he's asleep at the wheel.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1918, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1055, BTD6_maker wrote:Again, no explanation for Ari being 100% scum. Also, you claim Mastina is Town purely because she is hard to lynch. This is faulty logic and does not clear anyone. Mastina is being wagoned. Some wagons lead to a lynch; some don't. It is possible to consistently avoid lynches even with a wagon. Also, I am doubting whether what you say is actually true about Mastina. Provide evidence.In short, Ari is not confscum and this reasoning is terrible. On Day 1 we only have one guaranteed confscum, and that's Pine.
Conviction here is decent; I don't really have an impression of BTD6 as a player but again, based on his comment about his scum game earlier, the conviction expressed seems pretty strong for "I'm scared to share reasoning or else it be scrutinized".
It is definitely full of conviction, but Gin made it fairly obvious (at least on my end) that it was an verstated meta read because I have such a discernible scum meta.

I like his conviction, as you mentioned, but I don't like that he didn't pick up on this reasoning. It'd be a stronger dislike if he were the only one, but I tihnk the thread was thrown for a loop by the 100% thing, which makes my whole point a little weaker here.
- Jingle
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

In post 1880, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 441, BTD6_maker wrote:Pine, you do realise it is optimal for you to do nothing but prodge here. Every time you post we get more information/
I am getting far more "Pine interactions" reads than I thought I would originally, but here's another Pine interactions read.
I liked that he was coaching the coach and don't think the coach would coach him to coach the coach, and I love that the sentence I just created makes sense.
I'm going to give credit where credit is due and say I see this post lining up with what I see in you. I remember earlier you bitched at Pine for sucking at being a guilty child and you coached him.

In post 1892, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 853, BTD6_maker wrote:This post looks bad. If Mastina scumreads Aeronaut then the pro-Town thing to do would be to try to explain it. It is easy for scum to do this in order to defer giving reasoning because you know your reasoning will be under scrutiny.I consider this likely as I myself did it in Open 642 and came under a lot of pressure for it.
BTD6 certainly gets town points for pushing Mastina; I don't think that someone who "defers giving reasoning because said reasoning will be under scrutiny" as scum is likely to join in and maintain mastin hatred.
Looking into this post, it now reminds me what you said earlier about Cakez town reading me. It's that he brings up "what I'd do as scum" as an example and relates it to Mastin. This sounds weird to say but I don't see a scum punishing a player using their personal meta. I see it more as a townie trying to put his feet in a scums shoes to see what "a scum would do" in the situation.

In post 1896, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 994, BTD6_maker wrote:Your reasoning is flawed. It can be used to explain that it is more likely that Pine picked optimal picks but not guarantee it. What stops someone from entering the WIFOM game and then coming to the conclusion that Pine made WIFOM picks?
I have to say that I think BTD6 scumreading mastina because "she's wrong with how Pine made picks" and "she didn't elaborate on her read" is bananas reasoning; don't have the experience with him to make a judgement call on alignment, though.
Not sure about it, but honestly, it looks slightly like a confusing question but I read it as a genuine question nonetheless.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1921, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1919, Aristophanes wrote:
Perfect.
It's even more perfect if Gin manages to stay awake but everytime he goes like 3 minutes without posting my heart breaks and I feel he's asleep at the wheel.
Oh god, I hope he's not doing all this while driving!! :P
- Jingle

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”