Mini 1367: Literal Music Video Mafia (Game Over)

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini 1367: Literal Music Video Mafia (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Sample Town PM:

Literal Penny Lane by The Beatles wrote:
Someone is trying to remove all the literal videos from the internet. Stop them!

Abilities:

(A) : Each night you may target another player to investigate and you will get a random result.
(V)
Voter
: Each day you may submit your vote for who should be lynched. You may change your vote as often as you like until a majority has reached a decision.

Ability key:
(A) = active, (P) = passive, (R) = restriction, (T) = triggered, (O) = other, (V) = vote

Win Condition
: You win when those trying to remove the Literal videos from the internet are eliminated.

Alive (2/13):

MagnaofIllusion

Konowa

Dead (11/13):

Spoiler:
Bitmap -
Literal Take on Me by a-Ha banned D1

VP Baltar -
Literal Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears DMCA Noticed N1

luckyjt
Nostredeus -
Literal Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler senselessly slaughtered N1

Drchrist
Shmugen –
Never Going to Give You Up by Rick Astley banned D2

Amrun–
Literal I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meatloaf DMCA Noticed N2

Robbnva –
Call Me by Blondie brutally butchered N2

Guy_Named_Riggs –
Jerry Springer by Weird Al banned D3 AND has fulfilled his win condition and has been removed from the game

DoubleJD
Corwinoid –
Literal Safety Dance by Men Without Hats DMCA Noticed N3

PeregrineV –
Literal Billie Jean by Michael Jackson banned D4

AurorusVox –
Literal Jingle Bell Rock by Hall & Oates DMCA Noticed N5

Brikmaethor
Acosmist –
Just a Friend by Biz Markie banned D6

Town (green) and Third party (blue) win!

Quick Links:

Rules (format and majority of rules shamelessly stolen from Juls):

Game Mechanics

1.)
Votes must be
bolded
or contained within vote tags and in a form similar to Vote: Playername. If I do not see your vote, it will not count. Unvotes are nice but not required.
2.)
Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread. All players who are allowed communication outside of the thread
must wait until the moderator states in thread, quicktopic, or PM that communication may commence.

3.)
Lynches require a majority of votes (50% of the active players +1). If a 50% + 1 majority is not reached by deadline the game will progress to night with no lynch.
4.)
Voting for
No Lynch
require only 50% of the vote to occur.
5.)
If a lynch occurs, the game enters twilight and players may continue to talk in thread until it is locked and a lynch scene is posted. No votes/unvotes will count in twilight.
6.)
Once you are killed/lynched you may have a single "bah" post consisting of the word “bah” and that’s it.

Deadlines/Activity

7.)
Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks.
8.)
If a replacement is required within the second week of a deadline period, 24 hours per RL day it takes to find a replacement will be added to the deadline of the current day.
9.)
Treat this game as a commitment. If you are going to be V/LA please post in thread or send me a PM.
10.)
Players must post
every 48 hours
(unless they have noted V/LA) or they will be prodded. Weekend days count as 12 hours each. An excessive amount of prods during the game will result in a replacement. Players may request prods of other players at anytime but I will use my discretion when sending these types of prods (I won't be your personal spam-bot).
11.)
If a player fails to pick up their prod within 48 hours they will be replaced.
12.)
Each night will last approximately 48 hours, during which time all night actions must be submitted via PM.

General

13.)
All Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game. Please read and obey them.
14.)
Have fun and be respectful to your fellow players.
15.)
Do not speak about this game outside of the thread unless your role specifies that you may do so.
16.) Do not quote anything from the moderator that is said outside of this thread (including role PMs) or pretend to quote anything from the moderator. Paraphrasing is allowed but if you are questioning your paraphrase, run it by the moderator first.

17.)
If the moderator makes a mistake, please address your grievance
in bold
in thread or in PM. Please point out vote count errors in thread only.
18.)
Do not edit posts. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text.
19.)
Do not use cryptography.
20.)
Purple
is the moderators color. Do not use it.
21.)
The moderator reserves the right to add/change/delete rules. If this occurs, a notice will be posted in thread.
22.)
If a role PM or other game rule is misunderstood by the player or a rule is not made completely clear, the moderator reserves the right to correct the rule or PM based on its intent. The moderator guarantees that changes or corrections of these nature will be considered for overall fairness and game balance.
23.)
Most importantly, play to win. Gamethrowing will not be tolerated.

Game Specific Rules

1)
This game has partial no reveal. This means that character name and alignment color only will be posted. The color
green
will be what is typically considered to be town. If you are color-blind let the moderator know so he may state it more explicitly.
Last edited by Debonair Danny DiPietro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 am, edited 34 times in total.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:41 pm

The literal version of The Buggles' classic Video Killed the Radio Star is being sent around email chains but by the time you try to access it you find out it's already been pulled from Youtube. You make the mistake of looking at the comments and in betwixt and between all the racism and homophobia there's a message from someone called DTH2LTRLVDS, "Were coming 4 u all of u!!!". And you're all literal videos, someone is coming for you? What if they're already here? You need to stop them before you're prevented from spreading the good humur you were created to bring.

Game will begin when 12 of 13 players have confirmed.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:46 am

With 12 of the 13 players having confirmed I will begin D1. PeregrineV will have 48 hours from now to pick up his PM and confirm/post or I will seek a replacement.

Not Voting (13)
- MagnaofIllusion, Guy_Named_Riggs, Amrun, PeregrineV, AurorusVox, luckyjt, Bitmap, VP Baltar, Konowa, Robbnva, Brikmaethor, DoubleJD, Drchrist

Deadline: Tuesday August 28 @ 11:00 AM Eastern
Countdown: (expired on 2012-08-28 11:00:00)
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Vote: Drchrist
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 am

Post by Konowa »

Vote: Drchrist

Wagon ho?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

RVS wagon with anti-medical establishment and anti-organized religion elements ho!

VOTE: DrChrist

NOTE
- Since this is a partial reveal game
ALL
lynches require a claim before hammering. This should be abundantly clear to anyone who understands the deficit that Town is put at when a Town player dies via lynch without being allowed to claim. I'll be treating any quickhammers made without the lynchee claiming as scum claims if they are on a Town player.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Konowa »

Requiring that all claim before lynch is fine, but if someone is obv stalling I will hammer without prejudice. The hardline stance is not something you should try to define like this, Mr. Third On The Wagon Scum.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:00 am

Post by AurorusVox »

How will you treat quickhammers without claims against scum players?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:08 am

In post 6, Konowa wrote:Requiring that all claim before lynch is fine, but if someone is obv stalling I will hammer without prejudice. The hardline stance is not something you should try to define like this, Mr. Third On The Wagon Scum.

I'll define any hardline stance I wish. When someone is requested to claim and stalls for a significant amount of time (aka beyond prod range) that generally a signal they are scum anyway so my stance really doesn't care about them.

In post 7, AurorusVox wrote:How will you treat quickhammers without claims against scum players?

With celebrations. Scum are not going to be truthful with their claims most of the time anyway. Town will (or more precisely should) be. I'm more concerned with situations where Town players are prevented from giving out their information that could be useful in later game situations.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:20 am

Post by Robbnva »

vote: gnr

I knew a guy named Riggs once, I didn't like him much.

I didn't realize this was limited reveal, how annoying. I agree with what MOI says, claims before hammers are a must.
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 am

Post by Konowa »

This is already leaving a bad taste in my mouth.
unvote;
Vote: MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:24 am

Good and sensible Town play leaves a bad taste in your mouth? I'll have to note that when assessing your play then.

So Konowa - why so eager to abandon the RVS mini wagon on DrChrist before he even posts?

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Konowa »

What you are suggesting is good and sensible town play -in theory-.
By saying that quickhammers on scum will be celebrated is not a town mindset given your previous statement.
It feels anti-town and letting scum have wiggle room.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Because you're scum.

Vote: MoI

A player hammering a scum player is just as reckless as if they were hammering a town player, because unless that player is bussing (i.e. knows the lynchee is scum), they're potentially hammering town without a claim, something you would be suspicious of. If you think we should wait for claims before lynching, I fail to see see why you would be happy for someone to hammer prematurely on a player of alignment-unknown to them.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:34 am

In post 12, Konowa wrote:What you are suggesting is good and sensible town play -in theory-.
By saying that quickhammers on scum will be celebrated is not a town mindset given your previous statement.
It feels anti-town and letting scum have wiggle room.

It's not only good play 'in theory' ... it's good play all the time.

Why exactly is saying that I would celebrate a scum quicklynch not a Town mindset again? Please explain in detail why it isn't. I'm very curious at your line of logic there.

Also please explain what you mean by 'wiggle room'. I need a better picture of what you are trying to convey.

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:37 am

Post by Konowa »

What Aurorus said.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:38 am

In post 13, AurorusVox wrote:A player hammering a scum player is just as reckless as if they were hammering a town player, because unless that player is bussing (i.e. knows the lynchee is scum), they're potentially hammering town without a claim, something you would be suspicious of. If you think we should wait for claims before lynching, I fail to see see why you would be happy for someone to hammer prematurely on a player of alignment-unknown to them.

You are missing the point apparently Mr. Orange.

A quickhammer on scum is good because by definition it is a lynch on scum. Does it give the player who quickhammered any Town cred with me? Nope. But again - it certainly doesn't hurt Town to have scum lynched and said quickhammered much more likely to be a busser. We should wait for all claims but a quicklynch on scum doesn't hurt Town's information jap as scum aren't going to claim anything we can count on.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 am

In post 15, Konowa wrote:What Aurorus said.

VOTE: Konowa

You can't verbalize on your own and are leaning on someone else to do the work for you. That's good enough for me to vote you at this stage. Now I will wait for the rest of the players to weigh in on this little exchange of ours.

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Konowa »

That makes sense, considering that I have posted first in this exchange every single time.
But please, continue.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Robbnva »

MOI - the issue I see is you jump right out of the gate throwing out a statement that looks like something someone who is town would say, thus trying to force people into deciding right away if you are town or not naturally. It's like that last game we played together when i accused you of trying too hard, again you are doing it here.

There was no point in bringing up the fact that nobody should hammer without a claim on page 1. Let someone get close enough to a lynch before we start talking about that.

If he didn't do something similar in the other game I would be worried about him, but this seems like par for the course for MOI
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 am

Post by Konowa »

Rob, so would you say he knows his own meta and thus is alignment null for it?
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:59 am

Post by Robbnva »

In post 20, Konowa wrote:Rob, so would you say he knows his own meta and thus is alignment null for it?

I think he is probably aware of his own meta,
good
& experienced players are aware of their own meta. I will say MOI is probably an experienced player, based on how he played vs me last game I would not label him a good player.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: DoubleJD

I know JD, and you sir, are no DoubleJD.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Luckyjt »

VOTE: pererineV

for not confirming
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Vote:Bitmap
Just because

I agree that the claims are a must, but did it even need to be said? I would have thought it standard to ask for a claim before hammering. Agree with Kor about if the player is stalling.

Also, what if its nearing deadline and that person isn't on to claim? I wouldn't want the day to end, so I would hammer first and ask questions later in that case

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”