Mini 1595: WiFom City: The Inquisition - GAME OVER - THANKS!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Mini 1595: WiFom City: The Inquisition - GAME OVER - THANKS!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 am

Post by Titus »

Spoiler: Flavor
Bump! Late in the night, the residents of WiFom City begin hearing strange noises. The residents, still under hardline control of the mob, are freaked. The mob figure heads mostly died out and leave the town free to do as it pleases. There's one or two incognito residents to ensure that Titus, the mayor, keeps allowing criminal enterprises throughout. Both sides have decided that the Devils must die. The mob is not doing anything, nor sending any representatives to hunt the demons. However, a town full of devils and demons is no use to them either.

Titus began researching how to eliminate demons, but then she got enticed by the power the demons hold. Maybe, just maybe, if the demons took over the town of WiFom that they might make her a demon too. After all, she's lead plenty of blood spilling in the town of wifom.

The only way to eliminate the demons was to play their game of
Inquisition
. She needed 13 volunteers, and knew 3 demons would be amongst them. Two village clergy also hid themselves inside and dramatically altered their appearance so the Demons won't kill them straight away.

Who will win the battle for WiFom City and Titus's soul? Only time will tell.

Spoiler: Setup
Player Assignments (Character and Type)

Each player is given two assignments: a unique character, and a non-unique team type.

Unique characters provide every player with a special, unique ability of some sort. These abilities may be offensive or defensive, mechanical or informational. Powers granted by your character only apply while you are alive.

Team type is separate from character, and determines what team the player is on. There are only two teams.

This is a revealless game. The mod does not confirm whether someone is town or scum but in limited circumstances outlined below.

Village Player Types:

Village Peasant (8) - This is the most common player type. Villagers are simply trying to hunt down the Demons and use their character to help the Village do so.

Village Clergy (2) - The most powerful characters are considered “holy” and have gold cards. These characters are reserved for the Village Clergy, and cannot be any other player type.
(Being a Village Clergy have no other unique function besides getting a reserved character.)

Demon Player Types:

Devil (3) - Demons know each other from the start of the game, and vote as a group in the night chat to kill someone. Living devils do not have daychat.

Remember: Holy characters aside, any characters can be any player type - Villager or Devil!

Important Information

The Characters

Villager Clergy get one of these two characters:

Priest - Each night, you may check if a living target is a Devil.

Acolyte - You start the game knowing who has the Priest character.

All other players (peasants or devils) in this game get one of the following characters:

Gravedigger - At the start of each night, you learn the cards of anyone who died that day.

Judge - Any time the players fail to select a lynch target, you may privately select it yourself. This lynch ignores extra lives.

Apprentice - At the start of the game, you may select Judge or Gravedigger. You will learn who has that character, and take over their duties if they die.

Dirty Old Bastard - When your death is announced, you may kill a target.

Benevolent Old Dame - When your death is announced, you may give an extra life to a target.

Inquisitor - Each night, you may check if a target has a holy character.

Fanatic - When the Priest checks you, you are secretly notified and gain an extra life.

Loose Cannon - During any day before the lynch vote is final, you may reveal this card. Commit suicide to end the day and decide the lynch target yourself.

Jester - At the start of the game, you may select one of three Tricks.

Bomber - At the start of the game, you may select a target to give the Bomb. Once per game at the end of any night, you may signal to detonate the Bomb: It is removed from the game, and the player holding it is killed.

Spiritualist - At the end of each night that the Demons cursed a target, you learn of any Spirit cards used by dead players.

Character Keywords

Jester Tricks

Lynch Trick - The first day, the town's lynch target will survive. If this target is on the Village team, the target will also gain an extra life.

Demon Trick - The first night, the Devil's target will survive. If this target is on the Demon team, the target will also gain an extra life.

Information Trick - The first night, the Priest and Inquisitor check results will both be incorrect.

Bomb - The Bomb is publicly held by a living player. At the end of each day, the person holding the Bomb may pass it to a target. If the player holding the Bomb dies, the Bomber may privately give it to a new target at this time.

Last Stand -The last member of the Devils (with no extra lives) may kill two different targets each night.

Dead Players

Dead players may no longer communicate or vote with living players. They also may no longer utilize their character abilities. Dead players may communicate with each other freely, and may watch the game unfold.

It is important to remind dead players that they may not communicate with living players in any meaningful way!

However, dead players are NOT eliminated from the game! Instead they continue to serve their side as an Angel or Demon.

Angels and Demons

All dead Villagers/Clergy are Angels and all dead Devils are Demons.

Each night, the Angels may vote to protect a target from a single kill. Not only would the protected target survive a kill, but it is publicly announced that they survived. This information means that the Angel's protection has the potential to be a devastating double-blow to the Demons.

However, before the Angels make their decision each night, the Demons may vote to "Curse" a single target and prevent them from being protected by the Angels that night! (Demons must complete their vote halfway through any given night. The Angels are told who they are unable to protect that night.)

Angels and Demons vote by simple plurality, so dead players who do not wish to continue participating can do so with minimal consequence. Since Angels and Demons see all events that take place in the game and may discuss the game freely with each other, they can continue to have a massive impact on the game’s ultimate outcome! Angels are told who the Devils and Demons are.

Special Dead Player Cards

Some dead players are given special cards to further influence the game. Dead players may pass these cards to other dead members of their team if they would like.

Angels:

Heavenly Chorus - Give this card to the first Village Peasant to die. The night this card is used, the Angels may protect an extra target.
Archangel - Give this card to the first Village Clergy to die. The night this card is used, the Angels ignore curses.
Angelic Avatar - Give this card to the last Village Clergy to die. The night this card is used, targets protected by the Angels may never be cursed by the Demons in the future.

Demons:

Shenanigans - Give this card to the first Devil to die. The night this card is used, the target cursed by the Demons is marked. The next Priest check on this marked player is incorrect.
Backup Plan - Give this card to the first Devil to die. The night this card is used, if the Devils fail to kill a single target then the target cursed by the Demons is killed. Backup plan bypasses any angel protection. Failure to kill is defined as failing to eliminate ANY life of any player.
Slam Dunk - Give this card to the second Devil to die. The night this card is used, the living Devils will be informed of the target cursed by the Demons.

Q&A

How does protection work exactly?
Things that give protection are worded 'protected from a kill', meaning they protect from a single kill that night. Protection does stack, so if you have two sources of protection (say you are the Recluse and Angels target you), you can survive two kills in the same night.

How are night actions resolved?
Gravedigger and Bomber's Bomb replacement (if needed) happens immediately.
Demons curse votes and any special cards are due halfway through night.
Everything else, including Angels, is due at the end of night.

Explain how Devils can trade characters?
During pregame, the moderator may let Devils may trade characters among themselves if they feel it would mitigate "meta"-based trends. This is a privilege, not a right. Devils will only be allowed to trade both characters with another Devils--they may not actively optimize characters into new combinations.

Is killing two people with Last Stand optional? Is it announced?
Yes, you my choose to kill only one person; the town is not told when there is only one Devil left.

Is the deal random?
Yes, completely. The deal was documented in the mod quicktopic which will be available postgame.

Spoiler: Rules
Rules

[1] I will enforce the rules strictly, because I'm evil like that.

[2] Your vote must be in bold and not be in spoiler tags or in the middle of a huge wall of text. You don't need to unvote before voting.

[3] If my vote count doesn't seem to reflect your vote, just revote. I'm human and I'm not the best at vote counts.

[4] Lynching requires a simple majority. You may vote no lynch, which also requires a simple majority. You can post during twilight.

[5] Once your death scene has been posted, you're dead. You may make 1 Bah! post. If that Bah! post has game related content, I will modkill you.

[6] Post at least once every 48 hours, preferably much more. If you don't, I'll hunt you down. And prod you. After that you’ll be given at most another 24 hours or so before you are either replaced or modkilled. If you're going to be without computer access for more than 48 hours, let me know ahead of time either in the thread or by PM or by Quicktopic (which will be revealed publicly). Remember, people: if we work together we can have a replacement free game, but that can only happen with your help.

[7] No funny stuff like invisible text, tiny text, cryptography, or acronym claims. In addition, don't use personal codes/references no one will understand other that the recipient.

[8] Don't edit posts.

[9] Don't quote PMs or QuickTopics. In addition, PM formatting conversation is strictly prohibited. Don't quote messages from the mods or timestamps, either.

[10] You may not talk outside of the thread to anyone about anything that goes on in this game, except in angel/demon/dead/ etc chat. Period. Whether you're dead, or they're dead, whether they're in the game or not. The only exception is if your role specifically allows it.

[11] Have fun and be nice to the other players and me, even if we don't deserve it.

I reserve the right to modkill any player who breaks any rule [6] or higher. This applies especially to [11], but also note it’s application to [6]. I do not like making people replace into my games. I do not like spending time looking for replacements. I do not like slowing down the game while we go through this whole song and dance of looking for a replacement. Modkills circumvent all these things.

Spoiler: Voting and Deadlines
Voting and Deadlines

During the day, living players may post in this thread and vote to lynch a target. Please use the "vote" tags. That's [ vote]Player name[/ vote] without the spaces. You may change votes at any time during the day.

At the end of the day's deadline, if a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched. If no player has a majority, or a majority of players vote to no lynch, the decision defers to the Judge. The Judge's identity remains private, and the result is announced. If the Judge is dead or otherwise wishes, no one is lynched.

If a player gets a supermajority of votes (a predetermined highly excessive number), the day will end early, regardless of the time remaining in day.
MAJORITY DOES NOT HAMMER.

The number of votes that constitute a majority and supermajority will be clearly posted at the start of each day.

Queued Actions

Players may have to be away from a computer when they would desire to make critical game decisions or posts. Players can work with the moderator in advance to easily address these circumstances.

If you are AFK and want to queue an action related to your role, pm me or post it in your private topic. Use
Act [/b ] without the spaces to do this. You cannot queue votes.

You can queue posts for group QTs, if they are explicitly specified. The moderator will copy and paste the queued post to the group QT at the start of night.

Deadlines

Deadlines will be Two weeks hours for day, 72 hours for night, with mod discretion to shorten if fewer players are alive.

In addition, due to the stress and panic of other deadline systems I have come across, I will be rolling my own personal deadline system, adapted for mafiascum

There are up to three public deadline extensions available. These extensions may be requested by the players at any time in the thread, and may be granted at my sole discretion. Don't be mad if I say no.

The options are as follows:

Quote:
a. 1 week
b. 5 days
c. 24 hours
- Once a particular extension is used, it cannot be used again that same game.
- Any number of extensions can be used in the same game Day.
- If the players do not specify which extension they wish to use (or if there is no consensus on which one to use), I will pick the remaining option highest up on the list.
- Extensions are appended to the deadline time. There's no need to strategically time when the request is made.
- At least two players must request an extension for it to be considered.
- To request an extension, use the bold tags to get the mod's attention

Spoiler: Votecounter Settings and Living Players
Living PlayersRubicon
Stigmata
ika
hiplop (replaces Jargonaut)
MadCitrus

Dead Playersfontisian
Honey bee
Mist7676
Grib
Unsight
ZZZX
Atum
Albert B. Rampage

Modkilled PlayersBetter be no one

Driving to Town (Replacements in Waiting)Expressojet

Spoiler: Credits
I didn't design this setup. I refer to it as Devilhunt to distinguish that it is separate from Witchhunt because of minor distinctions in the setup. I did not design the bulk of this, nor do I deserve any credit for this. If you prefer to refer to this game as Witchhunt, you are welcome to. This setup has been beta tested (minus my modifications) for many years. I do not know the original designer.
Last edited by Titus on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Titus »

Pregame Starts Now!

It lasts until 24 hours after all players have posted in this thread, confirming receipt of their private topics and roles.

If a player does not confirm within 48 hours, then that player will be replaced.

If you cannot access your quicktopic(s), please let me know via PM.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

/confirmbeliefs
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:48 am

Post by ZZZX »

Confirmation at its finest.

CONFIRM
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Rubicon »

HELLO
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Flavor wrote:Coming Soon! I bet y'all just want to play.

This was the part I was looking forwad to the most :(
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Atum »

Whoo! /confirm
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:09 am

Post by Jargonaut »

Yoyoyo
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Flavor wrote:Coming Soon! I bet y'all just want to play.

This was the part I was looking forwad to the most :(

It's added! :)
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Grib »

/confirming

that I love you all.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 am

Post by Rubicon »

/confirm town survivalist
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 am

Post by Atum »

Prove it.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:31 am

Post by Grib »

I counter claim Rubicon as the actual Survivalist.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:36 am

Post by fontisian »

Confirm.

Let's talk mechanics.

I would like a gravedigger claim in pregame for accountability purposes, and to aide the apprentice with their choice. Without a survivalist or oracle in the game, the power of the judge is decreased while the power of the gravedigger is increased, which I suggest the apprentice take into account.

A town Jester should randomize with a 75% chance of using Witch Trick and a 25% chance of using no trick. I will consider Lynch trick or Info trick a scumclaim from the jester.The Inquisitor should consider checking themselves toNight to see if Info trick has been used, though that's usually not too difficult to find out later on.

The bomb should be treated like an extra lynch, and if the Bomber sets it off on someone on Night 1 without a majority of the town's support, they should probably be lynched.

The Leeroy should not go off unless they are absolutely sure they are going to be lynched. Seriously. Don't do it. Town DOB's also have a habit a of behaving stupidly, because they believe that their shot is their last chance at hitting concealed scum. Don't be an idiot, and realize that if a lot of people are town reading someone, there's probably a good reason.

Most of all, keep it in your pants. We want scum to shoot into our extra lives instead of our holies, and every claim narrows down the gamestate for them.

Now who here has played Witchhunt or a variation before?

In other news, Rubicon is town.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Rubicon »

I'm just playing, I'm actually a Witch Gambler again.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Rubicon »

I mean Town Gambler.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:41 am

Post by fontisian »

Yeah, you're a gambler alright.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Atum »

Surprising no one, fontisian is fontisian.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:45 am

Post by fontisian »

Pst Atum and Rubicon, even though I know your answers, you still have to answer the question for the other people in the game.
Atum
Atum
Goon
Atum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Atum »

You asked a question. I saw Mechanics Wall and totally blanked. Re-reading...

Oh, I played Witchhunt!
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:50 am

Post by fontisian »

Sadly Kai isn't in this game, so I can't go with my with my usual strategy of lynching him Day 1 and letting him lead the Angels. So Angel advice: Try to out wifom the demons without using up the cards. It'll be tempting to use the Angel abilities initially, but they are much more useful in endgame and once you use them, the demons can act without fear of them.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:53 am

Post by Rubicon »

In post 18, fontisian wrote:Pst Atum and Rubicon, even though I know your answers, you still have to answer the question for the other people in the game.

Oh sorry.
Me, fontisian, Atum, Grib, ika and MadCitrus have played WitchHunt before on other sites. ABR, ZZZX, Unsight, Honey bee, Holder of the Heel, Stigmata and Jargonaut have probably not.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Grib »

I have never played WitchHunt before nor any variant resembling such. What is it? Why am I here? Who am I??
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:56 am

Post by fontisian »

Hey Rubicon, I think you're town, but you've had a great start on making me want to lynch you anyway.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 am

Post by fontisian »

Grib: What am I?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”