Mini 1808 - Yuri: the Purest Form of Love (End)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Yeah, that made zero sense.
Scum want a stalemate....or at least they don't want their town half to self hammer
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Nahdia »

everyone believed the scum with in the other pair. obviously, hammering your own pair clears yourself as scum. but once you do, the game is over, so it doesn't matter.

Aihara believed I was town. the fact that I wasn't self-hammered our pair was moot because beeboy and inspector weren't self-hammering either. and once one of them did, the game ended.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

Wait, nvm.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2072, Firebringer wrote:How do you not notice you are repeating the prblem with the solution?
you saying the problem is that first pair votes the other pair wins.
then your proposed solution ensures that happens FASTER.
As in first pair votes other pair game auto ends. That doesn't solve issue of "Pair votes other pair and then we have to wait for deadline".
either you're confused or you don't really understand what the problem is

the problem with the current setup is the stalemate issue and how it's resolved

the suggested solution removes that issue...
In post 2072, Firebringer wrote:Players have to lynch someone, or they risk abandoning the game. I have yet to see a single game where players abandon the game simply because they couldn't agree to things. Yes, players can be locked in a LONG stalemate, but someone will compromise. Its happened in every game without deadlines I have seen, ever.
right, so your solution is to let the game drag on until one player decides they're going to stop being stubborn? i don't see how this is a good solution; it doesn't encourage correct decision-making, it just encourages someone saying "fuck it" and giving up on the game
In post 2072, Firebringer wrote:I think your solution favors scum too much.
i believe it's the same odds as the current incarnation, but i haven't done the maths properly...

the current incarnation literally requires the entire town to vote correctly in a lylo situation, which means the odds aren't great to begin with
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually current odds are 1/3 in 4p lylo if we assume scum will never self-vote and therefore the choice of self-voting your pair comes down to one out of the three townies, suggested solution odds would be 1/4? either way, this can be adjusted for pretty easily
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

so, with the suggested setup, looking at 4p LyLo as an example:

T[1], T[2]
vs
T[3], S

if we assume that any player casting the first vote in a lylo situation is equally likely:

T[3]: 50% lose (voting other pair), 50% win (voting own pair, confirming other pair) if casting the first vote
T[1]/T[2]: 50% lose (voting own pair), 50% to take it to a situation where it's 50/50, overall: 25% win, 75% loss
S: can't self vote (confirms other pair, condemns own pair), has to vote other pair - at which point town is 25% to win, 75% to lose

i believe the odds of overall winning are just under 70% overall, which doesn't make it much worse than the odds of winning in the current setup

so

yeah

unless i'm looking at it incorrectly (which i may be), i don't think the odds of the suggested solution are much worse than the odds of the current setup and it bypasses the stalemate issue
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:42 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

The difference is that people aren't going to immediately vote due to quickhammers, which gives scum an advantage
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:45 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

... no, it doesn't...
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

Since LyLo is evident how about on LyLo change to N+1?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:09 am

In post 2082, zMuffinMan wrote:... no, it doesn't...
It means that scum don't have to worry about looking suspicious by jumping on people and there is a chance there is a deadline panic which could go in their favour.
you suck randomidget
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

I still have no idea why you wouldn't reveal your lovers in this game Math like, i need a crash course on this reasoning again, the first time around, made no sense. ANd you scumread me for wanting to out this...
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:47 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2084, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 2082, zMuffinMan wrote:... no, it doesn't...
It means that scum don't have to worry about looking suspicious by jumping on people and there is a chance there is a deadline panic which could go in their favour.
and this is different to a normal lylo how?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:35 am

This game wasn't like a normal LyLo due to the forced stalemate which let to Nahdia looking scummy.
you suck randomidget
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

ok. that doesn't really relate to anything being discussed though
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

in theory, shouldn't town be able to get 50/50 in 4p regardless of what the voting rule is? just pick one of the two pairs randomly.

or am I misreading something?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if you could decide it randomly (i.e. no rule against proven randomness) and if everyone agreed to it (depends on whether each individual town player thinks it will give them better odds of winning than going with their own reads), sure, i guess

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”