Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i don't disagree with your vig shot there, Varsoon.

losing the roleblocker to the cop was unlucky. if Creature had been roleblocked, things also would have been different.
and i did a bad job finding my team.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 2671, Not Chara wrote:what did the scumteam think about their failed night 1 kill? i was expecting messages about it that i never got. did you think i had been doctor protected?
House found a PR slip from GuiltyLion (presumably based on your fakeclaim), I don't know what anybody else thought but I guessed you were one-shot bulletproof.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Not Chara »

it's frustrating. first time playing traitor, obviously, and i don't have enough trust in my own reads. i should have gone all in on my best guess for scum, but i decided to play it safe and try and do something silly.

pedit: and... a town one-shot bulletproof would let the town run around in circles wondering about the lack of a nightkill because...?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Okay heres the thing with everything else guys.
Phone Logs For Players will be released (this means all the messages that aren't fluff). [Will have them constructed tonight *hopefully*]
Please notify me if you don't want those released.

Also The Mafia Chat has Been Asked to Be Kept Closed. So it will not be released.
Dead Thread Is Being Released However Now.
Last edited by Firebringer on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i don't mind my phone logs being released.
too bad about the mafia chat. i would have liked to know what everyone thought about me, in case i ever roll traitor again. but i understand there are reasons for keeping it closed.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Nahdia »

hello friends.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Nahdia »

firebringer i dont really see what we could have done. i dont think the setup was necessarily terrible (it was swingy, but that tends to happen. it probably could have swung in scums favor as well) but saying apathy killed us is really unfair.

i purposefully became absent as day 2 went on so as to stop dropping associatives. also yeah there was 0 reason for us to entertain the idea of a traitor considering 10v3 is standard.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Not Chara »

yes, i had thought the scum would either be hinted to the existence of a traitor, or would have some kind of demerit to clue them in that they weren't very strong.

to do well here, i would have had to scuumhunt to find the real scumteam, then try and lynch town... with the knowledge that i could be entirely wrong.
if day 3 hadn't ended early, i might have fakeclaimed a guilty to really drive home that i was lying. perhaps leading to a kamikaze mislynch on someone scummier than myself. i don't know.

does anyone have suggestions for what i should have done differently?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by SlySly »

This was my first game back after a 3 or 4 year hiatus. Thanks for putting up with me. Go town! LOL. Thanks for modding Firebringer, I would love to play in more of your games in the future.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by SlySly »

not chara, had you been here from the beginning, you could have claimed miller.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 2665, Firebringer wrote:Again I apologize to the scum team if they feel cheated .
If i were to do it again I would definitely have weakened the cop and give the scum more hacks to steal away powers.
meh, I replaced into a theme game with explicitly dubious balance of my own free will

Learned my lesson and won't be doing it again, but not really your fault
In post 2677, Not Chara wrote:it's frustrating. first time playing traitor, obviously, and i don't have enough trust in my own reads. i should have gone all in on my best guess for scum, but i decided to play it safe and try and do something silly.

pedit: and... a town one-shot bulletproof would let the town run around in circles wondering about the lack of a nightkill because...?
I had no guarantee you'd have been aware that your power caused the lack of a kill. Once again, not really a Theme player over here. I took the replacement because I endorse Blitz and this game appeared to really badly need somebody.

I think the double replacement on the scumteam hurt us a lot and contributed to the impression of "apathy", House had a lot of momentum that got totally killed by a two-day absence followed by a replacement with far less scum/theme experience and meta knowledge.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Not Chara »

oh, right. thanks for modding!

i would have appreciated i few more votecounts, especially when you posted text messages and there were no recent votecounts. other than that minor quibble (and it is minor, it's easy enough to read back and count), the modding was very well done. i can't imagine how many private messages you had to juggle.

pedit: good idea, Sly. unfortunately, i wasn't here from the beginning. if i had been, i surely would have used my tracker on night 1. then again, i might also have decided to not use my bulletproof and have gotten killed... who knows?
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

not chara im looking through the scumthread to see if we had much mention of you.

day 1 of the scumthread is just us sorting through PR reads/claims. guiltylion claimed PR to house in a message d1 which is why we shot that slot. our immediate assumption was you were a BP or that house was blocked (though that woulda been outted so we dismissed that). aqua later brought up you coulda been jailed. a message i got from mathblade implied the existence of another PR whose identity she didnt say so we assumed that was you.

when aqua got your traitor message, they immediately dismissed it as fake.

aaannnd uh that's all i see.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

House did a really good job :) if they had left me alive would have pushed Creature because House fake claimed Mason. Overall well played but I wish I hadn't had fallen asleep N1 XD
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i wasn't made aware that my power worked or not. just that my shot had been used up.

but, for future reference. it's bad form as town BP to mislead the town about the lack of a nightkill. if there was no kill, and you're a BP, and you were being townread going into night (makign you the target for a scumkill)... then the lack of kill was probably your fault. and the town should know about it.
mitigated somewhat by the existence of the Last Will mechanic.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Nahdia »

you.. probably should have messaged me as i was going down, in all honesty. since i essentially scumclaimed near the end of day 2 when i was just spouting song lyrics instead of responding to anyone or putting in any effort.

-Zaphkael, 2020
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I read Stargazers as town and House as town so I claimed PR to them both :/
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

In post 2690, Nahdia wrote:you.. probably should have messaged me as i was going down, in all honesty. since i essentially scumclaimed near the end of day 2 when i was just spouting song lyrics instead of responding to anyone or putting in any effort.
i wasn't around for that. i messaged you, literally as soon as i got a chance to play the game, but that was after your scumclaim.

i did send a message to you in that three-message claim, but you were lynched before reading it, i imagine.

for reference, (i know Fire will post them, but still): this was my message to Aquanim.
"i'm 95% on you being scum. but i can't continue to play this game not knowing the team. i'm a traitor. send some sort of message back in reply, or this will look awkward. if i'm wrong, i've just fucked myself over pretty bad. but i really don't think i am. nearly caught up, now, so i'll be playing properly from this point on."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Nahdia »

yeah i saw it; aqua quoted it right into the scumthread and their response was literally "lmao no"

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Nahdia »

oh right, you werent around for that. well yeah ok, scum got further screwed over by replacement timing. cool beans and stuff. really just a series of unfortunate events.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Not Chara »

as for messaging you earlier, before your scumclaim. you were basically confirmed scum to me at that point.

unfortunately for my uncreative self, i couldn't think of a good reason to start privately messaging confirmed scum. i should have put more thought into it, or at least tried.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Nahdia »

truuueee. i didnt even think of that.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Not Chara »

that was after i replaced in. not replacement timing, just 'Chara being busy' timing.

those three messages were me finally being caught up.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Nahdia »

lmao just realized i was literally the only scum player to not replace out.

go us, maria.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i wish i'd been here from the beginning. i would have been able to send out several more messages without looking suspicious on day 1. and if i hadn't been tied up with needing to catch up, i imagine i would have been more present.
just, ugh. very lucky. a series of unfortunate events indeed. this entire game will be remembered by me as 'missed opportunity'. it could have been so much
fun

well, it was fun. but you know what i mean.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”