Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

VLA until early the 16th/late 15th. New trainee at work and I'm picking extra hours for their training
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Fate »

I asked you specifically to have Nacho comment on my alignment and your hydras vote on me, Reflektor.

This is top priority, especially now with Tammy down I'm short on players I can trust if they're town
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Reflektor »

In post 224, Aj The Epic wrote:I've never played with Fate but I'd imagine a 5 year vet wouldn't struggle this much getting into a game/tripping over himself in the first few pages as town.
I don't really think that struggling to get into a game is particularly indicative for Fate, and I think the tripping over himself (referring to his treatment of your slot specifically) is more likely to come from town.
In post 227, Fate wrote:This game does deserve some effort on my part. Vote well deserved

Which hydra is Nacho again?
A part of me died when you said "vote well deserved" to such a lame, lame entry.
In post 244, Medea the Alien wrote:This means that if those roles die later on (post-Day Two), we know what their investigative results are from beyond the grave. Also might be useful for dealing with scum counterclaims, as they have members to burn on that stuff. That's how I would suggest taking advantage of the heavy investigative mechanic.
This is a fine idea, assuming that we don't massclaim on Day 2.
We should probably be massclaiming on Day 2.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 309, Aj The Epic wrote:VOTE: BBmolla

I mean honestly you couldn't ask for a more useless vote than dropping one on indigo. Wants LuV wagon, gets two generic townreads, moves on to Fate. He even says Uzi's posts aren't good. Which, going by his last post
In post 282, BBmolla wrote:In all honesty I'm not voting for pressure any more im just voting who I think is most likely scum
He should still be voting LuV as he's said nothing about Fate anyways.

Also he actually took part in RQS so fuck him.
well fuck you too
also
V/LA until tuesday

Medea gives me town vibes btw
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Post by Reflektor »

In post 327, Fate wrote:I asked you specifically to have Nacho comment on my alignment and your hydras vote on me, Reflektor.

This is top priority, especially now with Tammy down I'm short on players I can trust if they're town
I think you're town, Prism doesn't. I'm perfectly comfortable with Prism feeling around and doing his own thing for now.
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by Reflektor »

In post 251, Medea the Alien wrote:And as far as direct interaction with you goes, if you'd said anything I found interesting maybe I would have.
In this specific scenario, Tammy talked about no lynching and massclaiming, which you addressed in your first posts - if it was interesting enough to comment on, why wasn't it interesting enough to talk to Tammy about (or are you saying something else...).

I don't think that your worries about Tammy freaking out on you if you deviate from "Tammy is the towniest town to ever have towned" are well-founded; she does react strongly at times and she does question people when they give reads on her if they feel weird or they aren't what she's expecting, but I think that she was more hurt in this scenario because she thought you were saying that she was a chore to play with/that you had to walk on glass around her.
In post 251, Medea the Alien wrote:At the partway point of this slow readthrough I'll admit that I can see an option for massclaiming today. I think it stands a really good chance of going completely wrong, but in taking the time to write out how the worst case scenario would go down all the way to the first LyLo (of three potential if we keep picking right!) and who would likely be left alive, it's not something I think would be fun, but assuming a couple decent reads to work from in the resultant claimed VT pool, it might work out. I think looking at that and without running the scenario a Day Two massclaim discussion would be infinitely better with some results to report at the end of it, as some lucky investigating could make it fait accompli.
The number of LyLos is less important to me than the number of reads we need to have right; massclaiming leads to a guaranteed number of mislynches which seems like a pretty valuable thing to me right now.
In post 255, Medea the Alien wrote:I hate no lynch on principle, especially since we wouldn't be no lynching and mass claiming at the same time, which leaves the investigatives absolutely nothing to go on. Massclaim I was mostly thinking about where we'd end up in terms of PRs. And...redoing the worst case scenario it's actually four LyLos to survive. Or maybe the first one was too. Regardless, it's a gamble. Looking at Day Two massclaim gets pretty messy if we don't have definitive investigative results (as in results that aren't the false positive/negative types for each role). I think my initial stance holds.
There's no reason why we need a lynch in order to generate information; information is generated by scumhunting and talking, which is what's happening now.
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Reflektor »

In post 255, Medea the Alien wrote:Fate's 235 might be my favorite damn post so far just for having multiple reads/lines of interest clearly stated. (yes, I get the irony as I ramble on)
Interesting.
In post 259, shadonra wrote:I find scum unlikely to talk about this or lie about this conversation:
Is there a reason that conversation couldn't have existed if they were scum?
In post 270, Randomnamechange wrote:@fate i voted you BECAUSE you were the biggest wagon out of my scumreads. being a solo vote on someone achieves much less pressure than a wagon does.
voting someone doesn't just magically put pressure on them, especially when the vote itself was the entirety of what you've provided to the game so far plus a few other names that you pulled out of a hat
if i was scum and you voted me like that, you'd be
removing
pressure from my wagon - pretty easy to shift a wagon when someone offers themselves up as a juicy, juicy target.
In post 299, Medea the Alien wrote:They sound about as disengaged as is possible.
I think it's possible that you're confusing them with LUV.

I'm too tired to parse Penguin's large post at the moment, I'll get to that in the morning.
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Reflektor »

In post 301, Persivul wrote:I agree with them on the LUV push, and that's mostly what they discussed.
Nothing stood out to you about the vote/unvote of LUV?
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Reflektor »

In post 321, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Discussion is a two-way street. Your original complaint was that my naked vote was creating a bad atmosphere because I didn't give a reason.
I do have to say that while the Empking/LUV discussion hasn't really created anything particularly interesting, I do agree with this point by LUV as a refutation to Empking's main point.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by Realeo »

Hello!

I would start the game with a naked vote.

VOTE: Aj The Epic
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Realeo »

I am going to make it quick that

1) I am not sure I understand LuV wagon, either the early wagon or the late wagon

2) I reject the motion of hypo claim. Hypo claim in D2 would only be beneficial if we get throught to D3, but we would only get to D3 if we're in good shape. If we're in a good shape, why take the gamble? I understand the motion, I have done hypo claim in the past in @EM, but I don't think hypo claim is justified for this game.

3) Beside Aj, I am scumleaning Reflektor. However, I suspect that it's just game play and false alarm so I am not going to hold my gut to Reflektor. I am town leaning Persivul.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Keybladewielder »

In post 335, Realeo wrote:Hello!

I would start the game with a naked vote.

VOTE: Aj The Epic

You have yet to confirm your role via PM, but I assume this must be confirmation, then?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Realeo »

Yup

shadonra
shadonra
Goon
shadonra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Post by shadonra »

In post 332, Reflektor wrote:
In post 259, shadonra wrote:I find scum unlikely to talk about this or lie about this conversation:
No, only that I don't really think setup spec is high on the list of things for scum to talk about.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 317, BBmolla wrote:Sad to hear Tammy you were one of the reasons I signed up for this game. Take care.
Looks like you signed up before her.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:34 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 339, shadonra wrote:
In post 332, Reflektor wrote:
No, only that I don't really think setup spec is high on the list of things for scum to talk about.
setup talk benefits scum. it's unlikely to get any thing done this early and prevents them having to scumhunt.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:14 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 340, Persivul wrote:
In post 317, BBmolla wrote:Sad to hear Tammy you were one of the reasons I signed up for this game. Take care.
Looks like you signed up before her.
maybe I signed up for nacho

I recall signing up for someone

why does it matter
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Empking »

In post 327, Fate wrote:I asked you specifically to have Nacho comment on my alignment and your hydras vote on me, Reflektor.

Can you not trust Realeo?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Fate »

No history but well see what their entrance is

Empking what are your actual thoughts on the game? The mislynch wagon on me feels cold but what are you doing to stop it with any other reads

Molla are you done clowning around
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Fate »

Oh hw has entered...

If you dont see the difference between what those posts offer the thread and tammy well

I'll reserve judgement until he's fully caught up
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Empking »

In post 345, Fate wrote:Oh hw has entered...

If you dont see the difference between what those posts offer the thread and tammy well
I meant in regards to alignment.

I'm struggling to get many reads in this game. I think Tammy's slot is town. I think LUV is scum. If i reread I could prbably get some soft reads, but I'm missing on much dramatic.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Empking »

I think that's the problem of more high-density mafia where there is a lack of self-reinforcing town energy. Its why lylo is often so slow too.
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

Indigo has requested replacement.