Marathon Weekend (Closed until next marathon weekend)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

There pretty much aren't any. Set up a thread and go for it.

I'll be around pretty much every GMT night over this marathon weekend and will try to run a few closed/Upick things and maybe try one of the Greater Idea subdecks.
#greenshirtthursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I've taken some time to think and come up with ideas on how to make "Everyone is an SK Mafia" more Mafia like

:twisted: If I can't make it mafia, then the players will do it for me :twisted:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=43988
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Marathon Weekend MAY run until the 31st, depends largely on demand/how games are filling.
Retired as of October 2014.
Burning_Earth
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Burning_Earth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by Burning_Earth »

Decision on that?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Will evaluate tomorrow evening, but leaning yes. Want to see how the Sunday games fill.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I like the idea of the extra day. The Marathon weekend fell during a very busy time for me, and Monday would give me an opportunity to play.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Feel free to provide opinions here about the extension possibility, that will also factor in.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Opining for extension because for some reason I suspect I'll have less homework tomorrow than today, even though it's currently spring break
To be clear: quack
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

I would like an extension as I've been kinda busy all day and haven't really gotten to marathon
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Cabd »

Do it for Caesar Chavez Day

(Which like only the central part of California celebrates but hey~)
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Back-of-the-envelope math says 15 games out of 26 ran on Thursday (not counting No Effort), 11/16 on Friday,
19/20
for Saturday (not counting ZPE), and 6/9 on Sunday, mostly supersmall games. I'll leave it open for Monday, but I expect people will have trouble filling games what with it being a workday, tired, etc...
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Egg »

any games coming up?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 335, Mr. Flay wrote:Back-of-the-envelope math says 15 games out of 26 ran on Thursday (not counting No Effort), 11/16 on Friday,
19/20
for Saturday (not counting ZPE), and 6/9 on Sunday, mostly supersmall games. I'll leave it open for Monday, but I expect people will have trouble filling games what with it being a workday, tired, etc...
Assuming this is going to be still open by the time I get up, some form of setup will hopefully be run.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

...aaaand we're done. Check thread title, I'm thinking maybe the second to last weekend in August (22nd-24th).
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Egg »

In post 334, Cabd wrote:Do it for Caesar Chavez Day

(Which like only the central part of California celebrates but hey~)
If you haven't heard of Raymond, CA, and you probably haven't, look on google maps. I have relatives there. Bishop too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Flay wrote:Back-of-the-envelope math says 15 games out of 26 ran on Thursday (not counting No Effort), 11/16 on Friday,
19/20
Interesting, so you would say Saturday was the most worthwhile day? can you get numbers based on time of day or can we perhaps add a poll to this thread to discuss the best time of day to run a marathon gamel

My games did not get well off the ground this time (partially because of my own absence for most of the weekend) but I would still like this data to help improve/encourage overall attendance for future marathon days
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

That was VERY rough data based on the starting post of the thread (you can see that time stamp on the forum.php without clicking each game). So for example if a thread was opened Saturday but didn't run that night and ran successfully on Sunday afternoon, I counted it as a Saturday game.

That said, there aren't so many pages of games that we couldn't do an overall survey for patterns. It would not surprise me that Saturday was the most popular, no. But what about time zone (and whose time zone do we use?). Duration? Size?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think there were alot of replacements this year

If we wanted to find the right values we would likly need to be unbiased. Would need to go by actual game start time I think since that would best guage the signups and run of the game. Also would likly be best to go with GMT since Mith in UK is that or go by UTC to get more precise with the date

Would likly need two data results groups. one based on how many games were run at what time. And one based on game size at that time

That or perhaps the easier way of doing things would be to measure how many logged in users were browsering the marathon forum at each time GMT-wise. If this data can't be found as its in the past perhaps something can be setup to capture this info during the next one

What do you think, Flay?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 342, PokerFace wrote:I don't think there were alot of replacements this
year
time

If we wanted to find the right values we would likly need to be unbiased. Would need to go by actual game start time I think since that would best guage the signups and run of the game. Also would likly be best to go with GMT since Mith in UK is that or go by UTC to get more precise with the date

Would likly need two data results groups. one based on how many games were run at what time. And one based on game size at that time

That or perhaps the easier way of doing things would be to measure how many logged in users were browsering the marathon forum at each time GMT-wise. If this data can't be found as its in the past perhaps something can be setup to capture this info during the next one

What do you think, Flay?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Definitely agree on going by the actual game start time, I was just getting some rough estimate numbers that night because I was in a hurry. The majority of the site is still US based so a US time reference would be fine.

You can't get numbers on browsing the forum I don't think, but you could do something like "unique users posting in the forum each hour" or something to get a popularity graph.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Mr. Flay, If I get the time i'll try to get those numbers myeself for the last time. Feel Free to beat me to it if you want to :)

Is there a script or something that can be setup to capture that info next time?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I don't know, I haven't really done any screen scraping, you might talk to Psyche or some of the others who have written scripts to help.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:07 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I'd definitely be up for an August marathon
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

I needz moar marathonz :cry:
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

You guys know what I'd really really like? Like normal sized games 13 players with 30-45 min deadlines. We could do larger games as well.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Marathon Games”