Toriel's Patience (end)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

VOTE: Taly

I claim miller.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 17, Dunnstral wrote: Isis described this as an open setup in sign-ups. I do believe we are all vanilla except the double vote, and then we have the option to spare or fight.

It seems like if we choose to fight, this setup is pretty close to mountainous.
It'd be mountainous with three nights skipped—which isn't insignificant—but it does seem as though mercy is the easier option overall (obviously depending on you and your alignment).
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:07 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 33, Dannflor wrote: but also i do not know how useful discussing dunnstral's alignment is since he's getting flipped no matter what
He's the most important to discuss,
because
he's getting flipped no matter what.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:09 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

I also would have voted Dunn for the record, but primarily for the subtle way in which his very first post was to recommend that he be saved.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 51, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 48, Brown Eyes wrote: I also would have voted Dunn for the record, but primarily for the subtle way in which his very first post was to recommend that he be saved.
What do you mean...
Can you elaborate on what you don't understand about what I said there?
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:45 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

I think that mandate is likely not scum with anyone who has misunderstood the setup (Dunn, Dann, Key, Merlyn). This is also slightly likely for implosion, Alisae, and potentially Shirou.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 151, Mandate wrote: I think that mandate is likely not scum
How likely?

In post 152, Dannflor wrote: did i misunderstand the setup?
I guess I consider this to be something of a serious misunderstanding:
In post 74, Dannflor wrote: i just looked at the setup and was like, hm toriel is getting flipped no matter what, i don't really need to sort that slot
Do you disagree?
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Brown Eyes »

VOTE: Aristeia

In post 183, Taly wrote: to find associatives in the first 5 pages immediately is asinine in most cases, and i dont understand where you're getting your assertions
mandate
, its almost entirely a grief with my playstyle.
Does this also refer to me? I gave a fairly strong anti-association read.

In post 187, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 183, Taly wrote: to find associatives in the first 5 pages immediately is asinine in most cases, and i dont understand where you're getting your assertions
mandate
its almost entirely a grief with my playstyle.
-gif snipped-
What does this mean?
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 407, Mandate wrote: Am curious about your vote brown eyes.

Care to elaborate?
Fairly bad entrance, I think. She indicated in that she had read the thread, yet her first posts were fairly unsubstantial in a way that feels like she was trying to look productive. I also think that given the opinion she gives in that she expects townies who are pushed in an overbearing way to find it annoying and push back, her questions to Taly seem somewhat strange and informed:
In post 191, Aristeia wrote: its strange that you are saying mandate is "griefing" you because doesnt that assume mandate is town?
In post 194, Aristeia wrote: like if mandate is mafia and you're town then this wouldn't be a grief it would just be hyper aggression lining up lims and seizing thread control - your lack of any suspicion of this push is kind of ?? to me.
If I were in this situation, I would just
ask
Taly what her read on you is. It's hard to phrase this, but it feels more like she's just pointing something out rather than actually trying to interrogate anything.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 411, Mandate wrote: Not to defend the person that I am currently voting but do you think that her alt guess on me might be relevant to this? Not really sure how else to phrase this.
I don't see why it would be? Not entirely sure what you're getting at, to be honest.

In post 414, Aristeia wrote: by your logic brown eyes you are mafia because you are just pointing out something rather than interrogating me
My "logic" obviously isn't to say that that in every case pointing something out rather than asking questions is scum indicative. Is that what you took away from what I just said?

What I'm saying specifically is that I found the way in which you chose to talk about the Taly/mandate interaction bizarre, and seemingly indicative of you being unconcerned with sorting. I guess while we're on the subject, maybe I should just ask – what exactly is your read on Taly? What was it when you made and ?
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 427, Aristeia wrote: I currently lean towards mafia on Taly's alignment currently.

I think it's pretty obvious I thought Taly was scummy when I made post 191 & 194.
I actually find that fairly surprising!
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

Catching up now.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

I can post half of it now if you'd like.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:31 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

Okay fine I actually will just post my notes now rather than type up some long summary.

Spoiler: post tags inserted

{Brown Eyes}
{Sakura Hana, Merlyn}
{mandate, key, alisae}
{dann, dunn, implo, beeboy} - null
{shirou, meuh}
{Aristeia}

(as of page 19)

good entrance from implo

mandate's is a good post, although alisae isn't playing like how i'd expect him to play as scum in this setup
- shirou and meuh both are playing a lot more like this

dunn's is a good post

like merlyn's vote on shirou in

minor mindmeld with implo's

aristeia's comes across as fake aggression, Taly literally just says there that confontation won't help him sort, at this stage in the game the placement of the vote is really immaterial

shirou's analysis in is mildly towny

dunn's is tonally weird / stiff. very bizarre and mechanical way to talk about wagons

implosion's scumread on taly in at a point where most of the pressure on taly seems to have disappeared seems town indicative

dunn's vote on dann is odd given he scumreads ari and i'm pretty sure at this point a wagon exists on her

- shirou points out that there's a lack of a "leader", which is somewhat true. likely mildly town indicative for mandate, alisae (depending on out of game business/activity), and potentially shirou himself, even if his intention is to be lazier this game

weak justification in

weird pop-in / return to the thread from merlyn in , same with the follow up in

- given what dannflor has said about who he thinks mandate is, this is almost certainly not a thought process he have / a strategy he would believe would be effective (aristeia)
- also applies to dunn's

I can tell I'm getting to a bit of a denser part of the game anyways.
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:54 am

Post by Brown Eyes »

In post 1218, Sakura Hana wrote: @BE: So you have me as your strongest TR along with Merlyn, but i dont find any indication as to why i'm a TR in your notes.
Those
were
my reads as of roughly page 18 or 19, and none of them were particularly strong, they're just listed in relational order.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”