Shell Game (Night 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 pm

Post by ActionDan »

VOTE: Spiffeh
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:11 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Townreads: Sunflower
Scum: Firebagel
[/quote]

VOTE: Firebagel
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
Sunflower is because of forces outside the main thread. I will not explain that at this time, but may before the day is through.

Firebagel was because as an alt that may very well only exist for the purpose of stealing Firebringer's scum claiming gimmick, it hadn't posted for a page.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 119, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 107, ActionDan wrote:
In post 92, Dunnstral wrote: My thoughts so far:

Sunflower in post struck me the wrong way as I wasn't expecting that post from fireisredsir, and then they had a lot of filler type posts. They then call me towny and I'm not sure what they are basing that off of either with the 4 posts I had before.

ActionDan's post rubs me the wrong way because I don't agree and don't know how they reached their conclusions. Perhaps they can explain.
Sunflower is because of forces outside the main thread. I will not explain that at this time, but may before the day is through.

Firebagel was because as an alt that may very well only exist for the purpose of stealing Firebringer's scum claiming gimmick, it hadn't posted for a page.
OK. Why is not posting for a page scummy?
People who engage in gimmicks like that place a high priority on RVS banter to form early reads. If they do not post while the iron is hot, the utility disappears as well.

---

I see our neighborhood has been outed. At first glance this worry from Maristar looks planned and manufactured. And with the goodfellas award I am discarding this as an oversensitive townie

VOTE: Maristar

Secondly CSF earns a permanent FOS for the Miller claim for this particular game alone.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 am

Post by ActionDan »

There is more explicit information that hoodmembers are privy to that Marcistar has yet to share, and also implicit/speculative information that I'm not sure scum is aware of just yet (but it is likely). This will make sense later.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:56 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 288, Lukewarm wrote: The more I think about how Marci handled the hoods, the more I want to just town bin her for the rest of the game.
Funny the more I think about it the more I want Marci gone.

in the hood klick concurred with my opinion before she posted in the main thread.

To answer your other question I have never played with her to my recollection.

Dannflor what has Marci done to mitigate what is "objectively" scummy that I or anyone else shouldn't read her as scum?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 758, Firebringer wrote: I am voting dan for the CSF shade while being a supposed cop
Why is there a Miller in this game?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Just fire, and to answer him it is unnecessary.

I am not the arbiter of why scum would claim Miller after ascetic, only that it does not fit the setup as I see it.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:47 pm

Post by ActionDan »

No town Miller does not make sense. It is a waste of creative space if all cops are unreliable anyway.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 848, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 836, ActionDan wrote: Just fire, and to answer him it is unnecessary.

I am not the arbiter of why scum would claim Miller after ascetic, only that it does not fit the setup as I see it.
What was your view on the setup when you doubted the miller claim?
I was close to certain we had 4 cops on a cycle of reliabilites plus one scum of some sort (cop inventor or not)

Pedit. I believe I contemporaneously more or less figured out the setup when the Miller was claimed from memory.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:57 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 859, morph the cat wrote:
In post 855, ActionDan wrote: No town Miller does not make sense. It is a waste of creative space if all cops are unreliable anyway.
Could I interest you in a 17p game where a dethy and a miller were part of the design?
Was this a good game? It does not sound like one unless there were other forces at work in the same vein
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:07 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 881, Dunnstral wrote: I also do not like Spiffeh's post because it is ignoring the unfolding claim of motivations From ActionDan where the thought process does not quite line up IMO, and they are instead looking at something else to make their argument
Doesn't line up?

I'm giving my opinion on the miller claim. What comparisons in my thinkings are you making?

Pedit. I'm smart
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:09 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I'm still reading thread. Would like to keep doing so.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:50 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1206, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 862, ActionDan wrote:
In post 848, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 836, ActionDan wrote: Just fire, and to answer him it is unnecessary.

What was your view on the setup when you doubted the miller claim?
I was close to certain we had 4 cops on a cycle of reliabilites plus one scum of some sort (cop inventor or not)

Pedit. I believe I contemporaneously more or less figured out the setup when the Miller was claimed from memory.
Was the bolded a cause and effect, as in my miller claim jolted an "aha!" moment about the hood for you?

This question is more for the other members of the hood, but I also recall ActionDan said there was "0 or 1" scum in the hood. When did that happen in the hood, and does the timing line up with his narrative here? like after he saw my claim, did he continue to push the possibility of 0 scum in the hood?
Contemporaneously in this context means in the same session of reading. I had firmly come to the conclusion of multiple cops before encountering your claim. 0 or 1 was an immediate reaction before game even started.

I've thought more about the conditions imposed. Scum has to be able to give cops out as the rest of do. Otherwise the game breaks. Not completely important but it would make sense to give the scum player a choice as to the reliability of the cop they give. I don't think scum need to be told the exact circumstances of the hood, that degrades the little skill there is in figuring it out.

I will also assume the scum boon to surviving to day X is no worse for town than granting a factional 1 shot anytime usable vig

So two things

1. Morph since you have some experience, how long would it take to figure out reliabilites practically using the miller claim as calibration given the circumstances?

2. If scum are not specifically told, and they didn't figure out the setup from their role alone, I continue to think Sunflower just can't be scum. Whatever people think about Std's reactions, I think aside from sunflowers crumbs there is a racoon meme that really speaks to me of Sunflower having an uninformed mind as the meme comes so early. It is an "offering" to assuage us (me) of the weirdness of her crumbs.

I don't really think Klick would chain himself to putting Sunflower below myself on his reads list. I know he crossed my name out originally and perhaps there is some deference that a scum klick would need to give to that but it would be far easier to side with others that would seek to lim me, and I also think it would vastly strengthen his own position.

Incidentally I don't know what a "Cred trade" is. Is that cashing in on credit later by guessing correctly now a soon to flip players alignment?

StD's hood posts are natural enough, and his revelations did come with his unvote of me. This isnt impossible to fake. This would have been well past the very very short window scum *might* not have figured out the setup . I would like to know why he initially voted me.

Marci.

This kind of player is anathema to me. She projects an aura of incompetentance when I dont think she really is and injects her posts with being LOUD. , why unvote me. Original vote was made for mechanical reasons.

Work calls. Post more later. Still developing reads

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”