Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7625 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7622, Ankamius wrote:I have nothing against you personally, I just hate the playstyle of scumhunting by setup spec because not only is it impossible for me to read, but I've seen either scum manipulate the 'information' to force fake 'solved' gamestates to lose town the game or town just fucking it up badly enough to just lose themselves the game by clearing scum that aren't actually cleared.
That is only part of how I hunt. I take in ALL information. Tone speech word choice. All of it. However I struggle in real life sometimes to find that sarcastic edge and that "readability" found in most people. Looking at the mechanics gives a jumping point. Everyone here was primed to very likely mislynches a Narna on bad setup spec. You can say you hate it but when every game uses it you can't say it is bad to use it.

I also posted gut reads at the start and go very flow of consciousness as either alignment. I also rarely lie as either alignment. Look at my points on Yoshi scum. None of it is setup spec. Get a read on that. Ask questions on that.

However don't you dare say you can't read me because I use setup spec or VCA. I suck at reading people but I play mafia to get better at it. It isn't up to people to change their playstyle so you can read them. It is up to you to ask questions and notice individual unique patterns until you can.

So what questions do you have for me?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7626 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

are you srsly saying that we shouldn't lynch someone who claimed that they weren't town
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7627 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Nahdia »

my fucking god.

this isn't setup spec you god damn putz.

this is someone claiming something that contradicts moderator information. in other words: confirmed scum.

my fucking god, people. shameful.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7628 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

You do realize that the fact that Narna wasn't lynched early in the game is the reason we're in this shitfest right now, right?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7629 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Also, I already have a read on you Math.

Your back and forth on me was scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7630 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I asked many many times over to see where any flaws were. So far Narna's bit seems to be the only one. (TBH I am working under it trusting him but it still doesn't feel right) if you have any flaws with my logic share it. SirCakez is expressing doubt but I haven't seen a flaw yet. So do you see any flaws Ank? Any reason to not trust it?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7631 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7628, Ankamius wrote:You do realize that the fact that Narna wasn't lynched early in the game is the reason we're in this shitfest right now, right?
You mean how we didn't mislynch likely town. You're fucking welcome.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7632 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

If we had lynched Narna, we wouldn't have lynched Leonshade for saving him or Shiro for that fake guilty.

So yes, us not lynching him really helped us a lot, didn't it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7633 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm going to trust my gut over your analysis, thanks.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7634 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Leonshade was town anger over not being able to lynch Narna. Shiro after that as Narna said is frame or derp.

Part of this is setup spec. Part of it is analyzing the people and Narna was giving many Town tells of being railroaded.

Town didn't do that and we had mislynches together.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7635 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Going with frame Narna before you post again otherwise.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7636 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 7633, Ankamius wrote:I'm going to trust my gut over your analysis, thanks.
...................................................................................

thats not how any of this works
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7637 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7636, Accountant wrote:
In post 7633, Ankamius wrote:I'm going to trust my gut over your analysis, thanks.
...................................................................................

I agree.

Can you pweeeease be a secret double voter so I has hammers?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7638 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That last line is a joke.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7639 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Yeah, you definitely have never played with me before.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7640 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 7637, MathBlade wrote:

I agree.

Can you pweeeease be a secret double voter so I has hammers?
Yeah, you definitely have never played with me before.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7641 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I don't have to have played with anyone before to know that Not lynching claimed scum is a horrible play.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7642 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

/care

Make sure you kill me tonight so that my kill can't ever inconvenience you or your team.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7643 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Narna »

I'm struggling to understand Ank's point here. I've been a detrimental presence to town, so we can't lynch another who already claimed they win with scum?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7644 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Nahdia »

V/LA until 12/12. Finals week.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7645 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I'm fed up because I'm getting a very bad feeling that the Maxous lynch is a trap, but I can't stop it because my playstyle depends on me having influence over the game and I haven't had any all game.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7642, Ankamius wrote:/care

Make sure you kill me tonight so that my kill can't ever inconvenience you or your team.
My team is me, myself, and I.

....How exactly would the Maxous lynch be a trap? He claimed non Town. Non town gets lynched.

How would my logic about Narna be wrong?

Gio would have to be scum who is lying about a Narna check yet you don't suspect him.

You don't have to have influence. I didn't have any when I replaced in but I presented a case.

Present something other than feelings.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Ankamius »

How many times do I have to state that I don't give a shit about people's roles and how they interact?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Ankamius »

'Feelings' are how I scumhunt. When I ignore my gut to go with concrete information, it consistently hurts town, so I'm actively refusing to think along those lines.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6739, Ankamius wrote:If ever, at any time, I end up flipping, Narna and Nahdia are confscum.

I don't expect that will happen unless a hammer gets stolen out from under me, in which case that person should be flipped third after those two.
Because you do. Per your own words if you flip Nahdia and Narna are conf scum. That only happens through role interactions. Otherwise it is a read.

I don't believe you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”