Lovers Mafia: The Heterosexual Revolution (Game over!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Lovers Mafia: The Heterosexual Revolution (Game over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Take a look at any lovers game on this site. C'mon,
ANY
lovers game. Have you noticed that a lot of the time, the pairs are guys paired with other guys?

We heterosexuals feel a little bit oppressed here.

Think so too? Then join us in the Heterosexual Revolution, where eight sexy men are each guaranteed to be paired with one of eight equally sexy women and vice versa. After all, it was the straight people that brought you into the world! Together, we'll fight the site meta that pushes us around, making us sleep with people of the same sex when we don't want to! Together, we'll fight the p—

Wait. Hold up. There's an
ASEXUAL
revolution, too? This is not what we wanted to put forward! You accuse the people in the Asexual Revolution of being traitors to the cause, and they retaliate by calling you stuffy, good-for-nothing conservatives. You're going to have to get them out of the way before they water down your message, and
ALL
of you are willing to die for your beliefs.

Which side of the schism will prevail?

Spoiler: ALIVE (4/16)
Kmd4390
, who was a
lover best friend
, has survived the endgame.
Ojanen
, who replaced
saporovirus
, who was a
lover best friend
, has survived the endgame.

A
bold name
indicates a confirmed player.
A
blue name
indicates a male player.
A
magenta name
indicates a female player.
An asterisk (*) indicates a prod issued to a player.
A red
X
indicates a strike issued to a player.

Spoiler: DEAD (12/16)
The Acting Method
, who replaced
Nikanor
, who was a
lover
, has been lynched on Day 1.
Haylen
, who was a
Mafia lover
, has committed suicide on Day 1.
Ser Arthur Dayne
, who was a
Mafia lover
, has been lynched on Day 2.
Tammy
, who was a
Mafia lover
, has committed suicide on Day 2.
nopointinactingup
, who replaced
Pine
, who was a
lover
, has been lynched on Day 3.
Lady Lambdadelta
, who was a
lover
, has committed suicide on Day 3.
ActionDan
, who was a
lover cop
, has been lynched on Day 4.
RachMarie
, who replaced
singersigner
, who was a
lover
, has committed suicide on Day 4.
noraaa
, who replaced
springlullaby
, who replaced
Miyu
, who was a
lover
, has been lynched on Day 5.
PeregrineV
, who replaces
Isa
, who was a
lover
, has committed suicide on Day 5.
camn
, who was a
lover
, has been lynched on Day 6.
vijay2vasandani
, who was a
lover
, has committed suicide on Day 6.
DTMaster
, who replaced
MattP
, who was a
Mafia lover
, has been lynched on Day 7.
Shadoweh
, who replaced
glowball
, who was a
lover, has committed suicide on Day 7.

A
blue name
indicates a male player.
A
magenta name
indicates a female player.

IMPORTANT LINKS

Rules. Yes, they're important.
Day 1 start
Day 2 start
Day 3 start
Day 4 start
Day 5 start
Day 6 start
Day 7 start
Endgame
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

RULES

1. Other than that every male player in this game is lovers with a female player in the game and vice versa, this is a closed setup, which means the only roles you will know in advance are your own and that of any other player I mention in your role PM. All other role information is secret, including how many players with a certain role exist and even if the role exists in the first place. Yes, a game with absolutely no vanilla townies is possible. It's been done before.
  2. The preferred voting method is to put vote tags around the player's name, but I will still accept the old method of bolding the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g. VOTE: StrangerCoug or
    Vote: StrangerCoug
    . As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. I no longer require unvotes. This is a nightless setup, so No Lynch is not an option.
  3. A majority of votes is required for a lynch. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for the current day. If deadline is reached with no player having a majority of votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Ties are broken against the first player to reach that number through a vote (
    NOT
    an unvote).
  4. Once you die, I'll allow one "bah" post that doesn't contain any game-related content if you wish to make it, but you must thereafter stop posting in the game. Said "bah" post is the only post a dead player may make during twilight. Living players may continue to talk during twilight as long as they follow all of the rules.
  5. You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself. Profanity is not in and of itself banned, but if it gets out of hand, it falls under this rule.
  6. Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using spoiler tags, invisible or encrypted text, etc. You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
    purple
    . (I know it sounds arbitrary to forbid a specific color, but I'm saving my favorite color for mod use since I am the mod :P)
  7. Impersonating the moderator is prohibited.
  8. Unless you're the moderator (that's me, obviously), co-moderator (that's Amrun), or backup moderator (that's nobody) of this game, please do not delete or edit any posts in this thread.
  9. You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, nor are you allowed to discuss other ongoing games in this thread. You may make your own QuickTopic for the purpose of taking notes on the game at any time, but if you do so, you are not allowed to share the QuickTopic link with anyone until after the game.
  10. Do not quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night, in this thread. This includes your role PM. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use. If you have a Quicktopic, quoting mod communications there is fine.
  11. Claiming to be scum with someone else is prohibited.
  12. I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 72 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. (I'm sorry, but I do not check the V/LA thread. If you do not tell me to do so, neither will I check your signature.) If you are prodded, you will have 48 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so may result in replacement. Keep in mind that I have the board time down to the second. I will only prod the same player twice—after that, he or she must post every 72 hours to ensure that he or she remains in the game.
  13. The fastest and preferred way to get ahold of me is by PM'ing me, but you may also communicate to me in thread if it is day or twilight and you are still alive. To do so, bold "Mod:" followed by what you want to tell me, as in
    Mod: Please prod StrangerCoug
    or
    Mod: StrangerCoug should have five votes, not four.
    Please use your judgment call in whether or not what you want to tell me should be public knowledge before talking to me in the thread. In additon, I will not entertain questions regarding possible night actions, nor will I answer questions about a person's role unless you happen to be the person in question and you ask me privately.
  14. Pretending to break the rules and/or encouraging people to break the rules are themselves breaking the rules. Please don't violate the integrity of the game.
  15. Rule violations will be dealt with case by case based on severity. This can be a warning (of which I will only give two per player), ejection from the game, or even a modkill. Modkills are not a fun experience for anybody—the players affected automatically lose, I do it in the manner that I consider most harmful to their factions, and I die on the inside every time I have to do it.
    PLEASE
    save all of us the pain and be on your best, rule-abiding behavior.
  16. I am not God. If I make any mistakes whatsoever, please let me know.
  17. All rules are subject to change. In my previously modded games, things have come up that I didn't think about, and both my own and other's actions in those games have helped shape and modify these rules. It may happen again here.
  18. The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason:
    HAVE FUN!
    Enjoy! And good luck!

StrangerCoug, you are a . You, along with your girlfriend, Amrun, don't feel all too happy about the heterophobic comments the gay community has been making toward you two. It's people like you that bring people into this world, damn it! ...Wait—there's such a thing as asexual romance? OK, that just cheapens it. They have to go right now.

You have no gun, no badge, no first aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—love, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to spread the love around!

You win when all threats to the revolution have been eliminated from the game. (Be aware that you do not know Amrun's alignment and that if she dies for any reason, so do you.)

Please PM us back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The game is here and you're playing a day start.

Amrun, you are a . You, along with your boyfriend, StrangerCoug, don't feel all too happy about the heterophobic comments the gay community has been making toward you two. It's people like you that bring people into this world, damn it! ...Wait—there's such a thing as asexual romance? OK, that just cheapens it. They have to go right now.

You have no gun, no badge, no first aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—love, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to spread the love around!

You win when all threats to the revolution have been eliminated from the game. (Be aware that you do not know StrangerCoug's alignment and that if he dies for any reason, so do you.)

Please PM us back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The game is here and you're playing a day start.

Yes, you get two sample PM's. If you notice, the wording is slightly different depending on which half of the pair you are.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:03 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The roles have been randomized but I do not have time to send them out; I will see if I can get Amrun to do it.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Never mind; my brother's truck is having trouble and I'm staying home. Distributing.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

All roles are out. You have (expired on 2012-06-18 07:44:52) left to confirm.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Looking for a replacement for glowball.
Actually, I have a female in the replacement queue already. Shadoweh replaces glowball and she gets a full three days to confirm, meaning she has (expired on 2012-06-18 14:09:09) left.

Also, to answer a question a couple of people asked me, you do not get to talk out of thread with your lover unless the two of you have a QuickTopic together. If we catch you doing this, we will modkill you.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Majiffy is V/LA until Monday night.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I will go ahead and open the thread early since I will be on the way to work when the thread is due to open and I don't anticipate being on again before that point. I will still allow Miyu (the last person left to confirm) the full time allotted to confirm; if she does so after the deadline but before I announce her replacement, she will be allowed to play anyway.

With that, I open Day 1 with 16 alive and 9 to lynch.

Ready... set...
GO!

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'm actually not V/LA till Monday, t'was a mistake on my part. Anyway...

VOTE: v2v
I will have all the women to myself.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Pine »

Okay, time to discuss pros and cons.

Do we out our lovers, or not?

Pro: Scumbuddies will be forced to cleave to a mate, which may lead to them getting caught easier and/or in sequence.
Con: This gives information to the scumteam, too.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by MattP »

This is really awkward but I am in a foursome right now

Not related to the game but should I tell my partner y/n?

Pro: my partner may join
Con: this may help the scum get with more hottieZ that like foursomes

?
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Post by MattP »

Also partners must be outed and I can't see how it would significantly help scum
SlappyKrust
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Nightkill selection? I'm bummed out, I thought all the lovers would have quicktopics together.
##Vote: Action Dan
<--- Restraining Order!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Post by ActionDan »

annoying this openned just as I have to leave. I'll post in the afternoon tomorrow. Dont out lovers. Scum gotta fake not knowing that shit. one more heartache for them. prolly 4 scum paired with town lover is what I'm thinking. More Spec + presents await tomorrow.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 13, ActionDan wrote:Dont out lovers. Scum gotta fake not knowing that shit. one more heartache for them.

I don't think that's a good enough reason not to out lovers.

Reasons to out lovers:
1) If two lovers are BOTH acting scummy then we can really know they will be scum
2) We can actually pretend to be lovers otherwise this game is not really lovers mafia, it's just boring ol' regular

I am outing my lover at some point today and y'all can deal with it. I'm not going to not out my lover to serve it to the boss
SlappyKrust
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think lovers need to be claimed near lynches for obvious reasons. I'm against claiming them for the hell of it. When scum go to NK, they'll be looking for both players in a pair if they know it. For example, let's say we have two confirmed town later on. If lovers are outed and one confirmed town player has a very protown lover, they'll be killed over another confirmed who is paired with a lynch target. So let's say we only claim lovers when the time comes to roleclaim.

Also,

vote camn
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by singersigner »

Herp derp.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 14, MattP wrote:
In post 13, ActionDan wrote:Dont out lovers. Scum gotta fake not knowing that shit. one more heartache for them.

I don't think that's a good enough reason not to out lovers.

Reasons to out lovers:
1) If two lovers are BOTH acting scummy then we can really know they will be scum
2) We can actually pretend to be lovers otherwise this game is not really lovers mafia, it's just boring ol' regular

I am outing my lover at some point today and y'all can deal with it. I'm not going to not out my lover to serve it to the boss

1) What. How do you qualify that with anything. It's unlikely the scum are lovers with each other anyways, two scum deaths for the price of one are murder.
2) How does outting your lover do that? You want to roleplay hiding lovingly in their arms and cry into their busoms about how no one will lynch that darn nasty scumbag you hate?
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Post by Isa »

Seeing as this is explicitly stated as a closed setup we should assume that there's something more to this game than just the standard lovers. This something is unknown, so I'd rather not claim lovers out of fear for this unknown something.
When a lynch is close, a claim should happen though. No questions asked about that.

Also if this is similar to the True Love Open game, scum will never be paired with other scum as lovers. Just FYI.

VOTE: MattP
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:48 am

Post by MattP »

I just assumed scum would be paired meh

And I just want to write poems for my lover :(
SlappyKrust
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:20 am

Post by camn »

hmph.
VOTE: MATTP

a- foursome jokes = nervous scum
b- what Isa said. Lack of awareness about game setup = not wanting to catch scum.

And Hi Kmd!
I thought we were settled up? I should have killed you in Haylen's game.. but I let you live!
I do agree with your claiming strategy, though.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 am

Post by MattP »

I'm scum for a joke and for not knowing a setup that scum would know?

VOTE: camn

Bullshit scummy voting reasons are bullshit
SlappyKrust
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 am

Post by saporovirus »

I don't understand the foursome joke at all.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:39 am

Post by ActionDan »

Presents!

Let me introduce you all to Shadoweh and her "feminine" charms. You see, behind that avatar, lies an entirely different personage that we all know and love. Sorry for spoiling your secret, Shadoweh!
##Demask Shadoweh

From all the men,
"We love you
Natalie
Shadoweh"

To my Lover: I love you darling, you're so fine. I thought you would like a special present, I wrapped it myself: Please Enjoy!

To the rest of you ladies: when I look at you sexy things, I just get all... flustered.. *nosebleed*~ how could I dare to vote any of you?

VOTE: Pine

Your first post is way too innocuous. "time to discuss pros and cons" ----> ZzzZzzz. You didn't say which option you support either.

MattP: I too am not thrilled with Camn's post, it assumes too much about your state of mind while latching on to an early bandwaggon, but you dropped the issue of whether you are still in support of outing lovers in light of Shadoweh, Kmd, and Isa's posts (all of which I agree on expect the Night kill part in Kmd's. Set-up is nightless but maybe the scum have a 1-shot joint daykill. Doesn't change the fact that if scum have any targetting abilities the conf. town/pro town pair will get targetted. Of course, I wouldn't doubt set-up could be all vanilla)

Shadoweh, you know the way this game will go, we should develop town reads on each other right and steamroll.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Camn, just a friendly joke vote to say hello.

unvote, vote mattp
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”