Dead

Day 1:
Plum
TheTrollie
, the New York Mafia Goon, was lynched

Night 1:
MattP, a Town Tracker, was killed.

Night 1:
Lady Lambdadelta, a Vanilla Townie, was killed.

Day 2:
hitogoroshi, the New York Mafia Goon, was lynched

Night 2:
DeasVail, a Town Even Day Vanilla Cop, was killed.

Night 2:
Fate, a Town Compulsive Framer, was killed.

Day 3:
Agar, the New York Mafia Fibonacci Sane Cop, was lynched

Night 3:
XReckonerX, the Vanilla Townie, was killed

Day 4:
No Lynch

Night 4:
esuriospiritus, the Vanilla Townie, was killed

Day 5:
Staeg
Bitmap
the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Day 6:
BBMolla
TeChNoWC GreyICE

the New York Mafia Goon was lynched

Endgame:
Nachomamma08 the Sicilian Mafia Doctor was endgamed
Last edited by zoraster on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 am, edited 39 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by zoraster »

General Rules

Overall

Unless stated otherwise by the moderator or in these rules, the following control:
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... Game_Rules
2. All votes should be in
bold
either with the [.b] tag or with the [.vote] tag. Unvotes are unnecessary to change your vote.
Put all votes on a new line
If you disregard this rule, I may or may not count the vote.
4. A majority of votes is needed to lynch, except D1, which requires 60%, rounded up. A lynch (unless otherwise altered) ends the Day.
5. This setup uses A Day section and a Night Section. It is a Day start game.
6. The deadline will shift. Day 1’s deadline will be 2 weeks.
6.1. Failure to get a majority will result in a no lynch.
8. I reserve the right to change, add or delete any rule in the game. I reserve the right to modkill or force replace or take any other actions I see as necessary.
9. Night actions submitted to me will never be "provisional," but they may be changed IF you get back to me before I start writing the night scene.
10. Night deadlines will be set. But if I get all actions in before this point, I will start the game when it is convenient so long as at least 24 hours have elapsed.

Moderator Error

The moderator is fallible. If you see a problem with a vote count, mention it in bold in the game. If you have another problem, please don't hesitate to PM the moderator.

Night Resolution

1. Roleblocks
2. Protective Roles
3. Mafia Kills
4. Vigilante Kills
5. Serial Killer Kills
6. Other Kills
7. Miscellaneous
8. Investigations
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by zoraster »

Game Specific Rules

Setup: New York and Sicilian Mafia
  1. There is only one mafia win condition. All members who are a part of any mafia win with “The Mafia.”
  2. There are two mafias: the New York Mafia and the Sicilian Mafia. They will know the identities of the members of their group, but they will not know the members of the other mafia group.
  3. In other words, the New York and Sicilian mafias win with each other, but they do not know who the other group is.
  4. The New York Mafia controls the factional kill. The Sicilian Mafia does not have a factional kill. The Sicilian Mafia members MAY be killed by another mafia member.
  5. The New York Mafia may, instead of killing that night, buy a player a ticket to America. If that person is a Sicilian Mafioso, they will be shipped to America and will become (and flip) New York Mafia.
  6. There may be third parties.
  7. Happily Ever After is a TOWN win, decided if there is ever a Day No Lynch followed by a Night No Kill followed by a Day No Lynch, followed by a No Kill. If mafia is still attempting to buy tickets, this will not kick in.

Lynches
  1. Lynches will require 60% of the total available votes on Day 1, rounded up. For example with 21 votes, it will require 13 votes to lynch.
  2. Lynches will require 50%+1 of total available votes on Days 2+, rounded up.
  3. Deadlines will be set. A no lynch will occur if no majority is reached by the deadline.

Outside Communication
  1. You may contact anyone who is
    alive
    in the game via almost any method not otherwise banned here.
  2. Explicitly allowed methods of communication: PM, AIM, Skype (both video, audio and text), Cell Phone, Telegram, In Person.

Explicitly Forbidden
  1. You may not discuss this game with anyone outside of the game. Discussing it in the presence of someone not from the game should be avoided.
  2. You may not contact or otherwise discuss the game with anyone who was in the game and is now dead.
  3. You may never show a player any PM from the moderator in any form. You may never show another player your screen.
  4. You may never harass another player. Abusive language will not be tolerated.
  5. You must follow all laws of your and other players’ jurisdictions.
  6. You may never post a screen capture or video recording of your screen OTHER than the video feed for a chat. See Recording section.
  7. You may not encourage another player to break rules.

Copy and Pasting Instant Messages

You may copy and paste from an IM conversation (e.g. Gchat, AIM, ICQ, Skype Text, etc.) with the following restrictions:
  1. You may copy and paste ONLY text that a person has purportedly sent.
    You may not include Screen Name or Time Stamp information.
    This includes IMs that YOU sent if you are posting a conversation.
  2. You must remove ALL formatting before sending it to another player or post it in game.
  3. If you are posting an IM conversation
    you may not send or post more than 5 lines long.
    A “line” is any time someone sends a new IM. You may send different people different versions, however (e.g. if you want to lie to one person and tell the truth to another).
  4. You should not try to get around this rule. For example, you may not post 5 lines in Post 121 and then the next 5 lines in Post 122.
  5. You may copy and paste a conversation that has been copy and pasted to you.

Spoiler: Good and Bad Examples
Example of a “Good” Copy and PasteHey guys. Here’s a conversation I just had with Vi:
Vi: Hey dood. Sup?
Zoraster: Not much. What’s going on?
Vi: Just trying to figure out if I’m scum
Zoraster: whoa. Slip much?

Example of a violationHey guys. Here’s a conversation I just had with Vi:
TheViSter [14:44:30]: Hey there. How are you?
ClandestineSB [14:44:42]: Not bad. What’s going on?
TheViSter [14:44:53]: Just trying to figure out if I’m scum.
ClandestineSB [14:44:59]: whoa. Slip much?

Copy and Pasting PMs and E-mails

You may copy and paste a PM or e-mail so long as only the body of the message is included. Obviously no copy and pasting any communication from the moderator.

Recording
  1. You may record in video or audio IF
    all
    parties agree to be recorded. Your recording should START with you saying that you are recording, and it must include everyone in the conversation agreeing to be recorded. An agreement to be recorded lasts only for the extent of that conversation and recording (whichever is shorter).
  2. You may decline being recorded. If a player declines to be recorded, the recording must immediately stop, and the recording may not be shared with any other player, and it may not be posted in the game thread. However, a player may say that another player declined to be recorded.
  3. All
    recordings that you decide to show to other players must be posted on a streaming media site (e.g. Youtube). It may be no longer than 5 minutes (it may be cut to fit this time period). You may share no more than 5 of these videos in any game Day. This restriction applies to both the game thread AND sending the video to other players. For example, if you send Player X Video 1 and 2, and then post Video 3, 4 and 5 in thread, you will have reached your maximum.
  4. Any video recording that you send to another player should be PMed to the moderator. You do not need to PM the moderator about a recording you posted in thread.
  5. Electronic screens with relevant mafia information may never be video recorded except to capture a video chat, and then the video chat must be the only thing seen. No conversation text may be shown. Incidental text (e.g. skype logo) is fine.
  6. This restriction only counts for interactions between people. If you want to post a video of just yourself, you're free to do so without worrying about this.

Live Streaming

You may link to a live stream of video between people to agree to be recorded as above. However, no saved copy may be made and shared that is longer than 5 minutes or it is a "recording."

The Moderator

The moderator is not a player in the game. While you may contact me with questions and so forth, I am not someone to be questioned about aspects of the game. I will not confirm or deny anything sent to me personally (e.g. whether a video was sent to me).
That said, the moderator would love to know what types of things you’re getting up to. I’m available by PM and IM.

Lying and Deception

1. Lying is part of mafia. You may alter audio or video and post or send it to another player it in the manner provided. However, you must retain an original video.
  2. You may never lie or attempt to mislead the moderator.
  3. You may not lie to make it appear as if someone has broken a rule.
  4. You may not impersonate another person (or moderator).

Activity

Activity for this game will be strange as much of it will take place away from the game thread. However, the following rules are in place:
  1. Players must post in the game thread at least once every 72 hours. Reasonable use of prod dodges will be allowed.
  2. Players must make themselves generally available to chat with other players in the game on a fairly regular basis. You may decline to talk to any individual, but you may not decline to talk to players in general. Maintaining contact with only one individual does not count as activity.
  3. This said, you may choose your own medium of communication so long as it is a commonly used method of communication.
  4. If the moderator receives complaints that a player is “turtling” and not talking to anyone in the game for a prolonged period of time, the moderator may take action. Please give people the benefit of the doubt before contacting the moderator with a complaint.
  5. Activity is judged based on a combination of in game and out of game communication. Neither alone is sufficient, but the more active one is in one, the less active he or she needs to be in the other.
  6. You may always decline to talk to someone when it’s not convenient to talk for you. Even in Always On, real life controls.

Contact Information Doc

There will be a google document that all players will be given access to with edit powers. Enter your contact information (that you are comfortable giving) in the cells provided. Do not change other people’s information. At the end of the game, the document will be made private. This is provided as a way of publishing your contact information without having it be public.

Real Prize

A real life prize will be given to the player that makes the best use of this mechanic. The more ways you contact others, the more unusual they are, etc. will all be taken into consideration.
Receipt of a prize may be conditional on giving me a mailing address. Real Prize is solely the responsibility of Zoraster. No backup moderator will be responsible for the distribution of a real prize should something happen to the moderator.

POWER ROLE INFORMATION:
Investigative roles will only return information on a positive. A negative result will be indistinguishable from a roleblock.

VTYou are a Vanilla Townie. You win with the town. You have no other powers.

Confirm by PM with your role. Game thread can be found here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22869

You may NOT talk to anyone else in the game about the game until the game has started (i.e. Day 1 has opened).

You can find the google docs contact list here. Please feel free to add your own info.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:53 am, edited 10 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by zoraster »

Setup: New York and Sicilian Mafia
  1. There is only one mafia win condition. All members who are a part of any mafia win with “The Mafia.”
  2. There are two mafia groups: the New York Mafia and the Sicilian Mafia. They will know the identities of the members of their group, but they will not know the members of the other mafia group.
  3. In other words, the New York and Sicilian mafias win with each other, but they do not know who the other group is.
  4. The New York Mafia controls the factional kill. The Sicilian Mafia does not have a factional kill. The Sicilian Mafia members MAY be killed by another mafia member.
  5. The New York Mafia may, instead of killing that night, buy a player a ticket to America. If that person is a Sicilian Mafioso, they will be shipped to America and will become (and flip) New York Mafia.
  6. There may be third parties.
  7. Happily Ever After is a TOWN win, decided if there is ever a Day No Lynch followed by a Night No Kill followed by a Day No Lynch, followed by a No Kill. If mafia is still attempting to buy tickets, this will not kick in.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by zoraster »

Role PMs are out.

Day 1 Begins at 20:00 EDT tomorrow. Until then, no talking about this game unless you are in a mafia group.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by zoraster »

sorry. the google doc didn't have editing enabled. it's fixed now.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by zoraster »

DAY 1 BEGINS NOW

YOU MAY NOW COMMENCE THE CHATBOTTING

Day 1

Agar ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Amrun ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Bitmap ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

DeasVail ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Espeonage ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

esuriospiritus ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Fate ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

GreyICE ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Grimmjow ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

hitogoroshi ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

InflatablePie ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

kdowns ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Lady Lambdadelta ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Mastermind of Sin ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

MattP ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Nachomamma8 ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Nobody Special ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

Nuwen ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

TheTrollie ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

xReckonerx ( 0 )
[/color]
(L - 13 )

No Lynch ( 0 )

Not Voting ( 21 )
Agar Amrun Bitmap DeasVail DeathRowKitty Espeonage esuriospiritus Fate GreyICE TheTrollie Grimmjow hitogoroshi xReckonerx InflatablePie kdowns Lady Lambdadelta Mastermind of Sin MattP Nachomamma8 Nobody Special Nuwen

Total Votes ( 21 )

Needed to Lynch [ 13 ]

Deadline: August. 8th at 08:00 EDT

Note that for Day 1 it takes 13 to lynch.

Mastermind of Sin has said he is V/LA from Friday morning to Monday evening

Deadline is August 8th at 8am EDT
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Alright guys, google hangout or webcam chat?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Google Hangout *is* webcam chat. I'd be up for doing a Hangout On Air tonight and streaming it live to anyone who feels like watching. Anyone interested? If so, check out my Google+ profile and circle me so I can add you to the hangout later. I'm thinking we can do it in an hour or two, 8 or 9 pm CST.

https://plus.google.com/118320000996617492538/posts
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Oh, and if anyone *really* needs me while I'm V/LA, you can get ahold of me via facebook/gchat or call/text on Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday
Permanent V/LA.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Rule: 2 drink minimum for interaction relevant to this thread.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Also, esurio, I added random shit like LinkedIn because I'm trying to brainstorm as many creative or non-standard ways to communicate as possible...and you *can* send messages via LinkedIn.

@Nuwen: Drunk Hangout? I'm down.
Permanent V/LA.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by Fate »

hehHEHAHHAEHEAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAE

HAEHHAHA
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I don't have the funds for alcohols for another week from today so sorry Nuwen. I am up for chattimifying at any time of the day or night. I'll tell you if I'm unavailable and why.
Don't @ me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Espy Hangout in about an hour?
Permanent V/LA.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by zoraster »

By the way, I'll occasionally be contacting people I see online to ask you how things are going, etc. This is simply to try and keep my finger on the pulse of the game, not an attempt to influence it. Feel free to contact me by AIM/Skype/PM (information listed on the google doc) and let me know how it's progressing. I may not be really talkative, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear about it.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Anyone who adds me on Google+ will get added to my "Always On" circle so that I can share posts with the whole circle as needed.
Permanent V/LA.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 14, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Espy Hangout in about an hour?

Not on google. But sure.
Don't @ me.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Why you hating on Google? Can't stream crapSkype.
Permanent V/LA.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Just post the google hangout link and I'll be there.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Well I don't use it and I cbf. lol
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Espeonage »

About to play lol. Feel free to chat via that for the next little while if you want to.
Don't @ me.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I am headed out right now, but people with my number can text me and I will be back and fairly drunk sometime in the morning if people are around.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

I'm in to Google.

@mod may I share info/text of conversations with one player with other players?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

It depends on what it is and how you say it. The rules are voluminous, unfortunately, but they do discuss it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”