Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mafia of the Raptured (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:29 am

Post by Vi »

Cue mood music.

Years ago, a force of sheer evil razed the world. None could stand against it and live or remain uncorrupted. There was no hope for anyone, except to flee. And the ancients did flee - they cut themselves completely off from the world below by sundering continents from the earth and taking to the skies, where they were forced to survive with a portion of the resources they had - arable land, water reservoirs, personal space.

These scarcities changed the leftover politics of the old world, but not for the better. Far from being a paradise, fights - so many of which ended in murder - broke out as soon everyone was sure they were safe from outsiders. And so while many people split off into gangs and quarreled, some tried to escape, building airships and fleeing to the few untainted mountaintops, where they hoped to raise more landmasses and start over. Yet each time they did this, and each time they promised to make their continent the one committed to peace, something always happened to cause them to fail. Decades and even a few centuries passed, but this one result never wavered.

The people of the skyborne world, hardly distinguishable from those in the ruin below, had given themselves a multitude of chances to work together to promote a new and unlikely age of prosperity. All of them had been wasted. Divided, embittered, and without the finely-honed means of killing that those on the ground had made their specialty, they would simply fall apart if an outside force cleanly assaulted them. But until now, that hasn't been a concern.

The geomancers lifted one more mountain valley high above the earth, trying once again to struggle against the nature of all that lives. Two representatives of these mages flew to their terraformation, which they called Thera, to see how suitable it would be for habitation. But their departure was delayed by harsh winds... By the time they were able to reach the airborne island, they were surprised and somewhat dismayed to see that it was already populated. Some of them were optimists colonizing the island in hopes of another chance, some of them were wayfarers stopping wherever their travels took them, and a few of them were there when the area was sundered - beings from the malevolent nether realm who should never have been taken to the skies. The underworld, and all the evil and despair that its inhabitants embodied, were now one step away from grasping what had so narrowly eluded it before.

In a world full of dark hours, the darkest was being heralded. Only an unthinkable plan could possibly save this world...

1) enomis
2) fferyllt
3) implosion
4) Katsuki
5) MattP
6) hp [leaves]
replacing mrbungle D1

7) Oversoul
8) Amrun
replacing Pjovek D1

9) sword_of_omens
10) Syryana
11) Tammy
12) Tierce
13) Antagon
replacing Whimsical Eggplant D1

14) Zachrulez
15) Zdenek

Spoiler: Game Result
Been Spendin' Most Our Lives Livin' In An Airborne Paradise:

9) sword_of_omens - Magolor (from the Kirby series), Abyss Encryptor - Survived Night 7!!!

I Am Fading, I Am Falling, I Have Lost It All:

13) Antagon
replacing Whimsical Eggplant D1
- Demise (from The Legend of Zelda), Abyss Vanilla - Lynched Day 1!

14) Zachrulez - Mallow (from the Mario series), Town Vanilla - Sublimed Night 1.
1) enomis - Infel (from Ar Tonelico), Town Cultilante - Impaled Night 1...
6) hp [leaves]
replacing mrbungle D1
- Sheba (from Golden Sun), Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 2.
5) MattP - Rosalina (from the Mario series), Town Vanilla - Impaled Night 2.
3) implosion - Fi (from The Legend of Zelda), Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 3.
12) Tierce - Schala (from Chrono Trigger), Town Vanilla - Succumbed to Despair Night 3.
11) Tammy - Serene (from Riviera: The Promised Land), Town Vanilla - Impaled Night 4.
7) Oversoul - Setzer Gabbiani (from Final Fantasy), Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 5.
15) Zdenek - Fia (from Riviera: The Promised Land), Town Vanilla - Impaled Night 5.

8) Amrun
replacing Pjovek D1
-
Tarhalindur, Captain Hazama over Mafia
, Abyss Flavor Oracle - Lynched Day 6!!!

10) Syryana - Sanae Hanekoma (from The World Ends With You), Town Doublevoter - Impaled Night 6...
2) fferyllt - Rainbow Dash (from My Little Pony), Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 7.
4) Katsuki - Aya Syameimaru (from Touhou Project), Town Vanilla - Endgamed Night 7.

Important Links:

Last edited by Vi on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 am, edited 21 times in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 am

Post by Vi »

General Rules:

This isn't just
any
ruleset - this is actually a Vi ruleset. You've probably never seen one before. :nerd:

Pregame:

You will be given a Role PM. Confirm by sending back your alignment, please. Make sure you do not have any questions about your role before confirming.

Day:

The Day functions as normal. You may No Lynch if 50% of the players vote for No Lynch. You may lynch with a majority of the votes.
Please note that due to the potential for very quick days in this game, I will try to prod at 48 hours of inactivity and replace at 72 - and I may have to shorten this later. Unless you specifically coordinate with me, I will not make exceptions for V/LA.

Twilight:

There is nothing special about Twilight in this game. Rainbow Dash x Fluttershy is the one true ship, and the greater weight of the canonical evidence
proves
it.

Night:

Nights last for 48 hours. If you did not post in the 24 hours before the end of the previous Day, I will prod you to make sure you are in the game.
If you don't respond to the prod, I will replace you.

Illegalities:

As a reminder, you are not allowed to:
*talk about this game outside the thread except where expressly permitted
*impersonate the mod and/or use the mod's formatting (bolded italicized
gray
)
*use cryptography, invisible text, or other ways of sending robustly hidden messages
*quote your Role PM, to include using specifics about its format or time stamp to your advantage
*edit/delete posts or speak after death sans "bah" posts as described below
*post links to QuickTopics
*do other obviously underhanded things not listed here, including things you may not think are underhanded but others will probably disagree about

This ruleset is designed under the assumption that you know what is acceptable. If you aren't sure, ask. If you fall afoul of what is expected, that's your problem.

"Bah" posts:

You may only make a "bah" post within 25 posts of the announcement of your death, and it may only contain the letter 'f', as many times as you like, uppercase or lowercase but not both, with no spaces.

Other:

*I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass.
*This game is not obligated to make sense until it is over. By joining this game you are expressing consent to play with any rules, roles, and fellow players that may be in the game -
and you will like it
*Do not try to upset the mod. While killing and blacklisting everyone responsible is not considered the best modding practice most of the time, I would like to point out that it's still an option.

Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:

Apocalypse ~Memento Mori~.
When a specific role dies, the game will shift to a special phase called
Apocalypse
. When this happens, the game format will shift like so:
*The game will become Instant Night.
*Abilities other than Night actions will no longer function.
*Deadlines will become 72 hours long.
Battery-Powered Deadlines.
Deadlines in this game (outside
Apocalypse
) are measured via a meter that starts at 100% and counts down each real-time day by a varying amount. The amount is based on true activity. If the meter reaches 0%, the Day immediately ends.

-----

This is what a sample Role PM would look like.
~NAME~

Mmm~♪ Hmm~♪ I like to hum to myself.

Welcome to
Mafia of the Raptured
. You are an
Altaria
(from Pokémon), a fanciful fluffy flying thing that roosts wherever you can among the soaring continents. People will still try to hurt you because they're
mean
, but that's why you have wings and can go places where your ribbony feathers won't be ruffled.

You are, of course, an innocent cloud bird aligned with the
Town
. You may use your poofy wings to help you, but it won't do anything.

[-or-]

Your innate Natural Cure ability makes it so that if you replace out of this game, people will immediately forget everything scummy you did.

You win when there are no remaining threats to Thera.

Please confirm via PM with your alignment. I wish you the best of luck.
Mod note: Flips as "Town Vanilla".
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Role PMs are now out. Please confirm via the method dictated in your Role PM.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by Vi »

As you get ready to beat the crap out of each other (the generally accepted means of saying "hello" in this continuity), you hear a message booming across the land.

And now, on with the show.

----

~Vote Count 0
- Today I'm feeling... adventurous.

Not Voting:
enomis, fferyllt, implosion, Katsuki, MattP, mrbungle, Oversoul, Pjovek, sword_of_omens, Syryana, Tammy, Tierce, Whimsical Eggplant, Zachrulez, Zdenek

-It is now Day 1!

--With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by MattP »

VOTE: Tierce

I'm a town lover and she's a scum lover

\o|o|o/
SlappyKrust
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Vote: enomis

Because of the alphabet.

Since there's a role that we need to protect, I think that we should probably be somewhat restrictive in claiming: VT's should not claim, PR's can claim depending on their role and the game state, but should consider not claiming. Of course, no hammering until someone has the opportunity to claim/refuse to claim.

Also, spamming the thread should be strongly avoided, since when the days get down to 72 hours, we're going to need to be able to read the thread in that time.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

hi guys
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1, Vi wrote:Battery-Powered Deadlines. Deadlines in this game (outside Apocalypse) are measured via a meter that starts at 100% and counts down each real-time day by a varying amount. The amount is based on true activity.
^Zdenek your plan is a double-edged sword
SlappyKrust
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 7, MattP wrote:
In post 1, Vi wrote:Battery-Powered Deadlines. Deadlines in this game (outside Apocalypse) are measured via a meter that starts at 100% and counts down each real-time day by a varying amount. The amount is based on true activity.
People can post and say game relevant things without spamming the thread. There's also the comment about "true activity;" I don't know exactly how to take it, but presumably it means that we couldn't spam the thread in order to prolong deadlines.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 8, Zdenek wrote:People can post and say game relevant things without spamming the thread. There's also the comment about "true activity;" I don't know exactly how to take it, but presumably it means that we couldn't spam the thread in order to prolong deadlines.
So discourage spam but don't discourage post content in general?
SlappyKrust
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

VOTE: mattp

You have 5 pages to town tell...go!

In very strong agreement with zdenek. Spamming should be avoided, especially content less spamming as that drains the battery.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 9, MattP wrote:
In post 8, Zdenek wrote:People can post and say game relevant things without spamming the thread. There's also the comment about "true activity;" I don't know exactly how to take it, but presumably it means that we couldn't spam the thread in order to prolong deadlines.
So discourage spam but don't discourage post content in general?
Of course.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 10, Tammy wrote:VOTE: mattp

You have 5 pages to town tell...go!
That's contingent on there being a dumbass in the game
SlappyKrust
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 8, Zdenek wrote:
In post 7, MattP wrote:
People can post and say game relevant things without spamming the thread. There's also the comment about "true activity;" I don't know exactly how to take it, but presumably it means that we couldn't spam the thread in order to prolong deadlines.
I think it means the battery drains faster when there's a lot of spam that lacks content. But it drains more slowly with true activity.
Pjovek
Pjovek
Goon
Pjovek
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Pjovek »

Town:
1) enomis
4) Katsuki
5) MattP
6) mrbungle
9) sword_of_omens
10) Syryana
11) Tammy
8) Pjovek
12) Tierce

Mafia:
3) implosion
7) Oversoul
13) Whimsical Eggplant
14) Zachrulez

Third Party:
2) fferyllt
15) Zdenek

I am never wrong.
Pjovek
Pjovek
Goon
Pjovek
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by Pjovek »

In post 8, Zdenek wrote:
In post 7, MattP wrote:
No, Mr. SK this does sound wrong.

There is no meaningful way to differentiate between "true" activity and spam activity, thus, I find it more likely the battery feels warm and cozy in the embrace of posts.

Therefor, needless spam is encouraged.
Pjovek
Pjovek
Goon
Pjovek
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Pjovek »

For the sake of the universe and contiguity, I need everyone to claim the game/universe their character is from.

Nothing important, just a lil dash of flavor.

It's no big deal guys.

What could possibly go wrong.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 15, Pjovek wrote: No, Mr. SK this does sound wrong.

There is no meaningful way to differentiate between "true" activity and spam activity, thus, I find it more likely the battery feels warm and cozy in the embrace of posts.

The embrace of posts yes, as I think the battery also drains when there is lack of activity, but not needless spamming.
Pjovek
Pjovek
Goon
Pjovek
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by Pjovek »

In post 17, Tammy wrote:

The embrace of posts yes, as I think the battery also drains when there is lack of activity, but not needless spamming.
What is your opinion on my case on Oversoul?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I'm a bit wary about claiming universes, since it could make scum's job easier.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 18, Pjovek wrote:
In post 17, Tammy wrote:

This is the type of pointless spamming that needs to be avoided. I couldn't possibly had an opinion on your silly reads list including people who have not posted.

But, if you or Oversoul ever flip scum, thank you for this potential link.

Also think claiming universes is a bad idea.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 16, Pjovek wrote:For the sake of the universe and contiguity, I need everyone to claim the game/universe their character is from.

It's no big deal guys.

This is not happening unless you have a damn good reason for it.
Pjovek
Pjovek
Goon
Pjovek
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Pjovek »

In post 20, Tammy wrote:
In post 18, Pjovek wrote:
In post 17, Tammy wrote:

This is the type of pointless spamming that needs to be avoided. I couldn't possibly had an opinion on your silly reads list including people who have not posted.

But, if you or Oversoul ever flip scum, thank you for this potential link.

Also think claiming universes is a bad idea.
I'm talking about the case, not the list.

The incredibly correct and awesome list, if I do say.
Pjovek
Pjovek
Goon
Pjovek
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Post by Pjovek »

In post 21, implosion wrote:
In post 16, Pjovek wrote:For the sake of the universe and contiguity, I need everyone to claim the game/universe their character is from.

It's no big deal guys.

Reason?
Oh yes I do have a pretty good one.

So?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 23, Pjovek wrote:
In post 21, implosion wrote:

It's no big deal guys.

Reason?
Oh yes I do have a pretty good one.

So?
Does this reason include subreasons that
1) give you reason to believe that claiming universes would not lead to the apocalypse role being outed
2) give you reason to believe that claiming universes would be helpful in finding scum

if it does not include both 1 and 2, then the answer is a flat-out "no." If it does include 1 and 2, then you can explain those reasons, and then we'll decide if it's a good idea.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”