Desperado **

StrangerCoug
    borkjerfkin

Majiffy

PeregrineV

Mastin2

OhGodMyLife

Aj the Epic

No Brains Here ( DrippingGoofball / Pirate Mollie )

Toogeloo

chesskid3

Ellibereth *

Actiondan

Ankamius
    Mattp **

Sangres * ( fferyllt / Nachomamma8 )

Thor665

Stupendouskey ( keybladewielder / StupendousMan )

Trust Fund ( Cabd / Syryana )

TheIrishPope
    GuyInFreezer

Sugar Cain * ( Nero Cain / Ms Marangal )
Bold
= Means that player has confirmed their role.
Astericks (*)
= How many times that player was prodded.

Alive

Spoiler:
  • 2. RedCoyote
    4. Titus
    5. Desperado
    8. PeregrineV
    10. OhGodMyLife
    12. No Brains Here
    17. Ankamius
    19. Thor665
    22. TheIrishPope

Dead

Spoiler:
StupendousKey,
Oscar ( Vanilla Townie )
, was bludgeoned in the head ( Lynched )
Day 1.

Trust Fun,
Andrea ( Vanilla Townie )
, was suffocated
Night 1

Chesskid3,
Shumpert ( Mafia Goon )
, had his throat ripped out by a walker
Night 1

Majiffy,
Rick Grimes ( Town Redirector )
, was sniped through the head
Night 1

Ellibereth,
Milton Mamet ( Mafia 3-Shot Rolecop )
, had his neck twisted and broken ( Lynched )
Day 2.

Amrun,
Glenn Rhee ( Town Baiter )
was dogpiled by walkers
Night 2

Toogeloo,
Maggie Greene ( Vanilla Townie )
has his throat ripped out by walker
Night 2

Aj the Epic,
Daryl Dixon ( Town Herder )
was bit and taken down by walkers
Night 2

StrangerCoug,
Dale Horvath ( Town Roleblocker )
was jumped and executed at gunpoint
Night 3

Mastin2,
Caesar Martinez ( Mafia Herder)
was shot down ( Lynched )
Day 4

Sugar Cain,
Theodore "T-Dog" Douglas ( Town Walker Bodyguard )
was crushed and eaten by walkers
Night 4

Metal Sonic,
Beth Greene ( Vanilla Townie )
was excommunicated ( Lynched )
Day 5

Actiondan,
Axel ( Vanilla Townie )
was jumped and infected by walkers
Night 5

Sangres,
Tyreesee ( Vanilla Townie )
was shot in the back
Night 5

Modkilled

Spoiler:
No one, let's keep it that way.

Current Game Status
  • Game is currently in Day 6
  • Deadline is Friday, October 11th, 2013
Important Game Links

Spoiler:
Last edited by Venmar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:52 am, edited 42 times in total.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by Venmar »

GAME RULES:

( Credit goes to TraceyLyn11 for the rules )

Voting, Lynching, and Deadlines
  • Votes must be bolded in one of two ways:
    Vote: Venmar
    or VOTE: Venmar. If they are not bolded, they will not be counted, and I will inform you of your error so you can correct it.
  • Unvotes are not required. If you use unvotes, bold them much like normal votes. Either
    Unvote: Venmar
    or UNVOTE: Venmar.
  • Nicknames are allowed when voting so long as I can easily decipher who you are referring to.
  • In order for a lynch to occur, a majority of votes must be reached. A majority is one half of the living players plus one.
  • No Lynches are allowed. The same voting rules apply to voting for a No Lynch (i.e. bolded, majority must be reached).
  • Once a voting decision is made, and the final majority vote is placed, no amount of unvoting will prevent this action from occurring – even if I am not online at the time of the final vote.
  • If a majority is not reached by deadline, there will be a no lynch.
  • Deadlines for each game day are 2 weeks long. Deadline extensions will only be granted under extreme circumstances. Deadline extensions will not exceed five days.
  • Once a lynch has been made, the game enters twilight. All players who were alive before the lynch (including the newly lynched player) may continue posting until I am available to lock the thread and post the lynch scene.
  • Once you die, you are no longer allowed to post until end-game (excluding the scenario above).
  • “Bah” posts are not allowed. Once you’re dead, you’re dead.
  • Nights will last 2 days. They will not be cut short even if all actions are submitted.
  • Night actions may be submitted via QuickTopic (if you have one) or PM. If you do not wish to submit an action, let me know by saying, “No Action.”
  • If an action is not submitted by night’s deadline, it will be taken as a No Action.
Prods, Replacements, and Modkills
  • Prods will be issued via PM.
  • Prods will be sent after a player has not posted in game for approximately forty-eight hours (unless you have notified me that you will be V/LA).
  • If there is not a response to the prod in approximately twenty-four hours, I will begin searching for a replacement. If you respond before I find a replacement, you are allowed to continue playing.
  • Once a player receives three prods, I will begin searching for a replacement. Even if they return before I find a replacement, they will not get another chance to continue playing.
  • I would appreciate it if you would post in-thread (even if you have it set in your control panel) or PM me when you will be V/LA (Vacation/Limited Access). If I believe your V/LA will last too long, I will replace you.
  • If you feel the need to request a replacement, please PM me doing so. If I consider the reasons very selfish, I may deem it fit that you must find a replacement for me.
  • If you break any of these rules, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you.
  • If you are modkilled for breaking one of these rules, it will be done in a manner that hurts your faction. (i.e. if you’re town, day will end. If you are scum, day will continue). You will also be turned into a neutral survivor, so you are unable to claim a victory or loss.
  • If I make an error that could break the game, I reserve the right to replace or modkill you. If it is an error on my part, you and your faction will not be punished.
General
  • The Mafia Scum Rules apply in this game, as well as my own. If any of them contradict, please feel free to notify me.
  • Under no circumstances are you allowed to contact a player within this game while this game is ongoing, unless your Role PM states otherwise.
  • Personal feuds are not allowed, and if they get out of hand, I will force-replace or modkill the offenders.
  • Quoting anything from me (including Role PM’s) that is said outside of this game thread is prohibited. Pretending to quote something is prohibited, as well. Paraphrasing is allowed.
  • Bold
    all requests to me, so it is less likely for me to miss them. If the topic you wish to discuss is personal or has to do with a serious mod error (one that could break the game), please address me via PM.
  • Editing or deleting posts is not allowed. You shouldn’t have this ability to begin with, but if you do, do not use it.
  • Do not use ridiculously small, invisible, or encrypted text.
  • Brown is my color. Don’t use it.

• I will try to provide a vote count on every page.
  • As the moderator of this game, I reserve the right to change, add, or remove any of these rules at any time. I also reserve the right to replace or modkill any offenders, with or without a warning.
Etiquette
  • Vulgar language is allowed; however, excessive amounts (to the point where you’re trying to be vulgar) are not. I will warn you if you become unnecessarily crude. If you continue, I will modkill or replace you.
  • If anyone has a problem with vulgar language, feel free to PM me about it, and I will make any necessary changes to the above rule in order to accommodate your wishes.
  • Please don’t go missing without informing me first.
  • If you are getting angry with someone, take a break and relax. It’s just a game. Don’t make it personal.
  • Be mature. We aren’t in elementary school anymore. Use your big-boy words if you’re in an argument.
Walking Dead Mechanic
The Zombie Horde:
In a world devastated by a virus that turns humans into the driven mad undead, hordes roam the countries killing what remains of humanity. They drive survivors from their homes and kill them in the process. In this game, the Zombie Horde will be a global entity that is not controlled by any faction or individual player. Every night, the zombie horde will roam the night and attempt to kill a player or player(s), chosen at random, this can range between nobody and up to 1 or 2 players. Of course, this mechanic is not directed by any player and does not have a wincon of its own.

Players in the game will be vulnerable to the horde for the majority of the game, but every player will contain the below ability:
Hide:
You have the ability to momentarily mask yourself from danger by hiding and concealing yourself. During the night, you can decide to hide and become immune to the zombie horde for the duration of that night. Of course, the amount of hiding spots are limited and resources are scarce, therefore you only have the means to hide
times during game. In addition, you will not be able to use any other ability you might have while in hiding for that night.

However:
There is more than meets the eye. Zombies are easily fooled, tricked, or manipulated due to their lack of intelligence, and there may or may not be external factors that can change the outcome of the mechanic. These factors may or may not come from certain players that will have special, unique, and new roles that will specifically interact with the mechanic to try and use it to their advantage. A mechanic that may look random may not be so random after all.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Post by Venmar »

Flavour

The world has been consumed by the living undead, a force of men and women who have risen from their graves or were reanimated after death. Driven by the sole instinct of eating human flesh, these beings who were once human are devouring the populations of the world. Countries have fallen, militaries have failed, the police have given up, the navy abandoned the mainland for safe sea, and scientists and doctors have lost hope on finding a cure. All that is left is the sole will to survive from normal and ordinary civilians, now dubbed survivors, and to rebuild once anew.

But the horde of "Walkers" don't give up, forcing these groups of survivors to be constantly on the run. Most strangers to each other, they are only bound by the purpose of staying alive. Even though they all knew that the undead were a force they could not fight, a force they knew they couldn't defeat, they also knew apocalypses breed anarchists and trouble makers. While most are of the same mind to seek safety and survival, some only thirst on chaos, and seek to rebuild under a new order, seeking to overthrow what remains of civilized society.

A particular group of survivors, originating from the outskirts of Atlanta, then a rural farm, and now an abandoned and infested prison, is found battling on two fronts. They struggle to survive in the apocalypse, fighting the walkers and trying to protect their people, but now they face a new enemy, an enemy they though disappeared with the apocalypse, people.

Now, the prison isn't safe anymore, someone infiltrated it and are now masking themselves as friendlies, with intention of conquest and murder. This group of Atlanta survivors went through hell and pain to take the Prison, they built strong relationships and have prospered as a group. There are those that motivate, those that protect, those that heal and those that fight. This group of Atlanta survivors has built a relationship with both themselves that is amazing to watch.. but now it's at risk.. but are they willing to fragment and lose their prison, or will they fight on like they have been doing and root out these masked traitors? Only time will tell.

---

There will be at least 1 Vanilla Townie in this game, below is a sample role pm:

Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse, you are
Amy

"She's my sister, you son of a bitch!"

Vanilla Townie

• Day Power:
    During the day, you may vote and converse as normal.
  • Ability - None:
    As a Vanilla Townie, you unfortunately do not have a night action.
  • Hide:
    You have the ability to momentarily mask yourself from danger by hiding and concealing yourself. During the night, you can decide to hide and become immune to the walker horde for the duration of that night. Of course, the amount of hiding spots are limited and resources are scarce, therefore you only have the means to hide
    times during game. In addition, you will not be able to use any other ability you might have while in hiding for that night.
  • Win Condition:
    You win when there are no threats to the town left alive.
  • Note:
    Please do not cheat and please follow my rules, thank you.
Please Confirm your role via PM
---

I'll start rolling out Role PM's in a bit, in maybe 30mins or 1h, idk.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Post by Venmar »

All roles are out. Game will start when 21/23 people have confirmed their roles. Game will probably start tomorrow at around 1:00pm PST at the earliest should we have all confirmations by then.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Venmar »

21/23 People have confirmed! Day 1 has now begun! Deadline will be in 2 weeks, on August 14th ( Wednesday )

Votecount 1.0

[L-12] Pitoli:

[L-12] RedCoyote:

[L-12] Amrun:

[L-12] Jon Doe:

[L-12] Desperado:

[L-12] borkjerfkin:

[L-12] Majiffy:

[L-12] PeregrineV:

[L-12] Mastin2:

[L-12] OhGodMyLife:

[L-12] Aj the Epic:

[L-12] No Brains Here:

[L-12] Toogeloo:

[L-12] Chesskid3:

[L-12] Ellibereth:

[L-12] ActionDan:

[L-12] Mattp:

[L-12] Sangres:

[L-12] Thor665:

[L-12] StupendousKey:

[L-12] Trust Fund:

[L-12] GuyInFreezer:

[L-12] Sugar Cain:

Not Voting (23):
  • Pitoli, RedCoyote, Amrun, Jon Doe, Desperado, borkjerfkin, Majiffy, PeregrineV, Mastin2, OhGodMyLife, Aj the Epic, No Brains Here, Toogeloo, Chesskid3, Ellibereth, ActionDan, Mattp, Sangres, Thor665, Stupendouskey, Trust Fund, GuyInFreezer, Sugar Cain.
Deadline:
  • Wednesday, August 14th, 2013
Mod Notes:
  • With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.
  • Mattp is V/LA until August 9th I believe
  • PeregrineV and RedCoyote are still yet to confirm.

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VOTE: Jon Doe
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 am

Post by Majiffy »

Look at all these fucking hydras, Bork! We should have done Wide Right!
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:11 am

Post by Majiffy »

Oh hey Thor is in this game. Sup Thor.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:12 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

I almost posted that we were doing that as a joke in the signup thread after I saw there were like 389072 hydras
beefycheese
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

Rofl

||
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am

Post by MattP »

GUYS,

DO NOT VOTE FOR ME

I AM A SUPER HATED TOWNIE

IF TWO PEOPLE VOTE FOR ME I WILL BE LYNCHED, BUT I AM IMMUNE TO THE ZOMBIES

SERIOUSLY DONT BE AN ASSHOLE
SlappyKrust
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:13 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 10, MattP wrote:GUYS,

DO NOT VOTE FOR ME

I AM A SUPER HATED TOWNIE

IF TWO PEOPLE VOTE FOR ME I WILL BE LYNCHED, BUT I AM IMMUNE TO THE ZOMBIES

A+ role.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: chesskid

For great justice. :P
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 10, MattP wrote:IF TWO PEOPLE VOTE FOR ME I WILL BE LYNCHED, BUT I AM IMMUNE TO THE ZOMBIES

Why do you have to tease me.

||
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 am

Post by MattP »

Now that we got that out of the way, setup spec

Noone should be hiding early on to allow the PRs to have their chances of being hit lowered. Since we only have two hide chances each we can't throw them away early on.

Additionally, late on, aka past day 3, we should be cycling who hide when to insure that PRs have a solid idea that they're ok not hiding
SlappyKrust
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:17 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 14, MattP wrote:Noone should be hiding early on to allow the PRs to have their chances of being hit lowered. Since we only have two hide chances each we can't throw them away early on.
Assumes that zombie random target resolves after hide does, but yeah that sounds good.
beefycheese
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 am

Post by MattP »

I wish I was kidding about my role, and I get the point of it and think it's brilliant in theory but wish it didn't have to be executed on me. Please don't be a dick about it. There is possibly another mechanic that will become relevant later in the game regarding it
SlappyKrust
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 am

Post by Majiffy »

I just realized that technically the zombie mechanic is a threat to the town, and as such, any strict interpretation of our wincon can only translate into Venmar's Troll-The-Town game.

||
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 am

Post by mastin2 »

Hi, guys. Just so you know, I'm going to try a little bit of an experiment, this game.

I'm going to try and keep all of my posts jokey in nature. (Without sacrificing content, if I can.) Basically, I want to give Ald a run for his money in Most Memorable Event...by making
every
post of mine a memorable (in a hilarious way) event. :P As an added bonus, with luck, this'll be a great way for this game to be an Anti-Pinkmin, in that some good, light-hearted humor will keep apathy at bay, making the whole game a far better experience.

How am I going to accomplish that, who knows? But I'm going to try. Probably by randomly quoting things from zombie movies as non-sequiturs for my content, along with random pieces of MS-based in-jokes.

Vote: Red Coyote.

'Cause I'm a lyncher whose target is the cult leader RC. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

@Matt: post that at the top of page 2 if you can cause I kinda guarantee that people are going to storm in here without reading shit
beefycheese
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 am

Post by sangres »

hi guys
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 15, borkjerfkin wrote:Assumes that zombie random target resolves after hide does, but yeah that sounds good.
I reckon the zombie target
does
resolve after the hide.

The question to be considered, at this point, is are we really looking for a scum team or are we just looking for one or two third-party anti-town-WC players?

||
Jon Doe
Jon Doe
Goon
Jon Doe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Jon Doe »

Titus here.

I'll be signing all my posts with either -T -Titus or something else that clearly indicates I'm talking.

VOTE: Trust Fund

Just cause.

-Titus
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 21, Majiffy wrote:I reckon the zombie target does resolve after the hide.
It probably does yeah.
beefycheese
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: MattP

L-1