The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Graveyard Shift Mafia - ROLL CREDITS

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by The Critic »

22 men and women, most of whom grew up in a life of privilege, never having had to worry about money, do manual labor, or even think too hard about their fellow man, have been thrown into the newest hit reality TV show: The Graveyard Shift.

They will work in a factory, performing redundant menial tasks and physical labor. The ones that makes it to the end of the show will receive even more money!

But there's a twist - not all of these folks are actually players. Some of them are the real administration of the plant, and they want to get as many of these useless, lazy, rich folk off their factory floor. Will the workers be able to fire the admins before the admins can take the plant back over?

Will your favorite white collar worker come away with extra cash they don't need? Or will they drop out early? Find out on Graveyard Shift, the latest hit from QuadPod Productions!

Spoiler: Current Day Shift
  1. FourteenPointFive
  2. infinite jesters
  3. SleepyKrew
    Zdenek

4. The Goat

Spoiler: Current Night Shift
  1. ~Jordan’
  2. Hiplop
  3. Svenskt Stål

Spoiler: Eliminated
  1. Logical Duality,
    Thomas Baker, the Office Flirt Who Gets Too Attached Too Quickly And Really Just Wants to Settle Down With Someone Nice Also He’s Bisexual (
    Same Shift 1-shot Cop
    )
    , Fired Episode 1
  2. zoraster,
    Rebecca Berrie, the Assistant Manager Who Has Hobbies That Interfere With Her Work (
    Mafia Goon
    )
    , Kicked Off The Show Episode 1
  3. AGar,
    Crystal DeBoers, the 20-something Young Woman Whose Empty Life is Filled By Cats and Home Decorating This Sure Isn’t the Life She Was Promised But at Least She Can Meet a Nice Man at a Bar Maybe but They Only Have Two Nights a Week for Dates (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
    , Let Go Episode 2
  4. BirdAndBeast,
    Marcus Pesci, An Antisocial Loner Whose Primary Social Outlet is a Forum Game Which He Uses To Take Out His Impotent Rage at Himself for Never Making His Parents Proud (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
    , Kicked Off The Show Episode 2
  5. Serene2,
    James Tomlinson, the Incompetent Assistant Manager Who’s In Way Over His Head (
    Mafia Goon
    )
    , Kicked Off The Show Episode 3
  6. BROseidon,
    Henry Donahue, the Retiree (
    Public Ascetic Deathproof Innocent Child With An Expiration Date
    )
    , Retired Episode 3
  7. Venmar,
    Mary Walker, the Super Religious Intern Who’s Questioning Her Religion Lately Because She’s Never Been Allowed to Talk to Boys Before and Is Feeling Feelings She Can’t Explain (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
    , Fired Episode 4
  8. goodmorning
    iamausername
    Francine Caine, the Office Mom Who Works Two Jobs Not Because She Needs the Money but Because She Needs to Feel Useful Because of Her Empty Nest Syndrome (
    Same Shift Mass Donut Vendor
    )
    , Kicked Off The Show Episode 4
  9. xRECKONERx,
    Cecily Green, the Boss Who Is Good At Her Job and Well-Liked by Her Employees But Just Can’t Seem To Kick That Cocaine Habit (
    Neighbor / 1-shot Shift Manipulator
    )
    , Fired Episode 5
  10. Dry-fit,
    Kristof Jenner, the Office’s Token Gay Man Who Reads Straight to All Gay Men (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
    , Let Go Episode 5
  11. Brian Skies,
    Jared Green, the Boss’s Son Who Dropped Out of School To Be In a Band But Then the Band Failed Probably Because No One Wants to Listen to Gangsta Metal Reggae (
    3-shot Same Shift Dayvig
    )
    , Fired Episode 6
  12. Aronis,
    Horatio Perez, the Human Resources Director Who Believes That Affirmative Action Is a Bad Thing Despite Being The Son of a Cuban Immigrant (
    Mafia Opposite Shift Rolecop
    )
    , Kicked Off The Show Episode 6
  13. PeregrineV,
    Demetri LeGuin, the IT Guy Who Monitors Your Internet Usage Not Because He’s a Creep But Because He Seeks Connectedness With Other People But His Neckbeard and Fedora Prevent Him From Establishing Real Relationships(
    Town Opposite Shift Tracker
    )
    , Fired Episode 7
  14. MrZepher,
    Curt Young, The Guy Who Lives Vicariously Through High School Athletes Because The Apex of His Life is A Yellow Stain on the Back of a Prom Dress That’s Gathering Dust in an Attic Somewhere (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
    , Kicked Off The Show Episode 7
  15. ika,
    Cynthia Allen, the Lady Who Does Yoga On Lunch Breaks Because She Hopes That It Can Eventually Cleanse Out the Shame She Feels For Living a Safe and Meaningless Life and Never Taking the Risks She Always Promised Herself She Would Take After She Watched Her Mother Fade Away From Breast Cancer (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
    ,Fired Episode 8

RULES:

General:
  • The Site Rules apply.
  • I reserve the right to alter these rules if I deem it necessary, including retroactively enforcing new/altered rules.
  • Use
    bold text
    to communicate with us in thread, or you may send us a PM.
  • Bolded purple is my color. Do not use it.

• All roles have been given out by Random.org.
  • You may not quote directly from any communications that are not the game thread. This includes PMs, QT's, and Private Topics.
Voting/Lynching:
  • Voting will be done either using the VOTE: tag, or in this format:
    vote: Nixon
  • There will be no voting trickery. If something appears to be a vote for a specific player, we will treat it as such.
  • A lynch will occur when half-plus-one of living players are voting for the same player. As soon as the hammer vote is cast, the game will enter Twilight.
  • Players may vote for No Lynch. A No Lynch will be hammered at half of living players, not half-plus-one.
  • All living players (including the lynchee) may talk in Twilight, but any voting/unvoting will not count. Twilight will last until we post the final vote count / scene.
  • Roles will be revealed upon removal from the game, for any reason.
  • After you are lynched or killed, you are allowed a single ‘bah’ post at the beginning of the next Day Phase. This may not contain any game-related content.
  • If there is no majority at deadline, a no-lynch will occur.
Activity:
  • Prods will be given if a player does not post for the entirety of their shift.
  • If a player does not post in the shift immediately following the receipt of their prod, they will be force-replaced.
  • We reserve the right to replace anyone who has been V/LA for too long.
Don’t Be Stupid:
  • Play to your win condition.
  • Don’t use hidden or encrypted text. You may use small text, unless it is hiding game-related or important information.
  • Do not excessively insult your fellow players. Insult the play, not the person.
  • Have fun. No, really. Have fun.

Game-Specific Mechanics and Rules
Time in this game is measured in two ways - Episodes and Shifts. Episodes are equivalent to a standard “Day Phase.” There are two different shifts in the game - Day Shifts and Night Shifts.

Any player allowed to talk out-of-thread (Mafia, masons, etc.) has the ability to do so at all times, including during Commerical Breaks.

Shift Rules:
  • Each Shift is 2 real-life days long.
  • Each player will be assigned to either the Day Shift or the Night Shift. Shifts may or may not change once every 8 Shifts (4 Day Shifts and 4 Night Shifts). A player may only post during his/her shift.
  • Actions can only be taken during your Shift, unless otherwise stated. This does not apply to factional actions.
  • Actions resolve immediately, unless otherwise stated.
  • The Mafia determines all Shifts after the first Shift, which will be determined randomly. They must submit the new Shift Distribution at least 1 Shift prior to the actual Shift Switch (by the end of Shift A.7, for example) or the shift will not change, unless changes must be made to accommodate other Shift rules. Said changes will be made randomly.
  • There will always be at least 1 Mafia member per Shift, at the beginning of each Shift.
  • There will never be a Town minority in each Shift, at the beginning of each Shift.
  • Shifts will always be the same size, or as close as possible (when there is an odd number of players alive).
  • Shifts will be referred to in the following format - [Letter].[Number] (Day/Night). For example, the first shift of the game will be Shift A.1 (Day).
  • If the mods fail to post a Shift change at deadline, continue playing in the same Shift until a post stating the change is made.
Episode Rules:
  • Each Episode is a maximum of 8 Shifts long, and ends upon a successful lynch being reached. Episodes ending early do
    not
    alter when Shifts switch.
  • There will be a 24-hour Commercial Break between each Episode. (This does not count as part of a Shift.) Nothing happens during this time.
  • Episodes will be numbered like Day Phases (i.e., Episode 1, Episode 2, etc.)
  • The Mafia gets 1 kill per Episode.
  • The Votecount encapsulates the entire playerlist. You may vote for a player in any shift.
  • A playerslot being removed from the game for any reason (killed/lynched/modkilled) will not reset the votecount. Additionally, if the lynch threshold changing due to removal of a player would cause a player to be lynched, that player will require an additional vote to be lynched. (Basically, someone else being killed cannot force a lynch that was previously at L-1.)
Wincons:
  • This game uses the White Flag mechanic. Town wins when there is 1 member of the mafia left.

This is a sample VT PM.
Spoiler: Sample PM
PlayernameHello, Playername!

You are
John Doe, the Nebbish Office Worker About Whom There Absolutely Is Not Anything Out of the Ordinary Except For that 15,000 Page Fantasy Manuscript He's Working On Where All the Chicks Have Dicks (Vanilla Townie)

You win when there is only 1 member of the Mafia faction remaining.

Please remember to read the rules post.

Please confirm by PMing us with your character’s last name, alignment, and role.
Last edited by The Critic on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 70 times in total.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by The Critic »

Role PMs are going out now.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 am

Post by The Critic »

(A lizard looking man walks to the front of the conference room)

Lizard: Nice to see everyone here. My assistant tells me that you've all signed your release forms, so now we'll be able to move forward.

(the men and women around the room shift uneasily)

Lizard: We've posted the list of who is on what shift to the bulletin board in the conference room. You'll need to show up no less than an hour before your shift starts. Hair and makeup takes longer than you'd think. Those of you who have done a show before will understand.

Harry: Hey! Let 'em know about me.

Lizard: Ah... yes.... As some of you know, one of the real employees here is a few days from retirement.

Harry: Counting the days, son!

Lizard: So he will of course be off limits.

(Harry pulls a fruity drink seemingly from nowhere and starts slurping it noisily)

Lizard: So the rules

(slurp)

Lizard: The rules of the

(slurp)

Lizard: You can find out what to do

(slurp)

Lizard: OH FUCK IT

(Lizard storms out of the room)

Silence

(slurp)

BROseidon is
Henry Donahue, the Retiree (
Public Ascetic Deathproof Innocent Child With An Expiration Date
)
. He is town. He cannot be lynched, killed, or targeted by any actions. He will automatically leave the game at the end of Shift B.8.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:23 am

Post by The Critic »

It is currently a Day Shift.

~Jordan’
AGar
Bird and Beast
Brian Skies
ika
infinite jesters
MrZepher
Serene2
Svenskt Stal
Venmar
Zdenek

Episode 1, Shift A.1 (Day), VC 1Not Voting (22): Aronis, Mr. Zepher, xRECKONERx, AGar, Bird and Beast, infinite jesters, Logical Duality, BROSeidon, hiplop, Brian Skies, iamausername, PeregrineV, ika, FourteenPointFive, zoraster, The Goat, Serene2, Svenskt Stål, ~Jordan`, Zdenek, Venmar, Dry-fit
With 22 alive, it is 12 to lynch.

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-04-04 23:00:00).
The Episode will end in (expired on 2014-04-18 23:00:00).
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

First.

I am town, deal with it.
Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Serene2 »

OK Sven is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Infinite Jesters »

hi guyz

whats going on
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:01 am

so the night shift can't post yeah?

which means I can talk a bunch of shit about reck, bro and perv and they say anything

win!!\o/!
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:01 am

*can't say anything
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:02 am

sven are you town

are you really really town

if so

come on come on
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:05 am

VOTE: serene
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 9, Infinite Jesters wrote:sven are you town

are you really really town

if so

come on come on
I really really am, planning to put in good work.

And I mean, I love all three of you but wtf at 3 headed hydras.
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 am

it took you that long to confer on your scumboard Image
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:25 am

Post by AGar »

Maaaan co-ordinating lynches is gonna be hella fun in this one.

VOTE: Zdenek

Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:29 am

talking shit

reck said something about killing roaches in the pet thread.

truth about reck:

when we were going outside reck asked brock to move the roach out of the way cos he was barefooted. NOT STEP ON IT.

conclusion: reck is loveable

bro:

I cannot say a negative thing about bro! his reads can be awsum and I look to him to follow a lead. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME.

conclusion: conftown with a shelf life like I hate I cannot interact with him. but it will/can be beautiful.

PERV:

why can't I figure this guy out

conclusion: discuss.

@ mods: can we only vote the people on our shift or is it global?
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 am

@ mod: also what does B8 mean?
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:43 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 14, Infinite Jesters wrote:
talking shit

reck said something about killing roaches in the pet thread.

truth about reck:

when we were going outside reck asked brock to move the roach out of the way cos he was barefooted. NOT STEP ON IT.

conclusion: reck is loveable

bro:

I cannot say a negative thing about bro! his reads can be awsum and I look to him to follow a lead. DON'T DISAPPOINT ME.

conclusion: conftown with a shelf life like I hate I cannot interact with him. but it will/can be beautiful.

PERV:

why can't I figure this guy out

conclusion: discuss.

to lynch you need majority, which is [player field] divided by 2 + 1

Which means that we can vote the other shift

B8 = the letter is the episode and an episode is a normal day phase, the number is the episodes shift. So its the eight shift in episode 2
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 am

so how long do we have bro around cos he is in the night shift and I want to leave him a juicy trail that will hopefully result in a list of his reads
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:51 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

He will be with us throughout day 1 and 2. He will not play more than that.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:58 am

Post by The Critic »

In post 14, Infinite Jesters wrote:
In post 15, Infinite Jesters wrote:
@ mod: also what does B8 mean?
As it says in the rules you were supposed to have read:

The Votecount encapsulates the entire playerlist. You may vote for a player in any shift.
Shifts will be referred to in the following format - [Letter].[Number] (Day/Night). For example, the first shift of the game will be Shift A.1 (Day).
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:01 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

This game has already started and my buddy and I don't even have a QT to share hydra thoughts in which is unfortunate. Unfortunate because Im hoping to actually take full advantage of the hydra business this time. By that I mean there should not be any AP posts nor should there be any mastin posts, but a blend of the two as we combine our thoughts and express them as one unit Much unlike Shadow and Lights Mafia where AP mad bad moves and snowballed the suspicion on our slot by attempting to put out the fires on his own.

ANYHOW, you'll note that we have received a town role PM and will be catching all the scum as soon as we've resolved out backend issues :P.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:02 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 11, Svenskt Stål wrote:I really really am, planning to put in good work.

And I mean, I love all three of you but wtf at 3 headed hydras.
town.
In post 17, Infinite Jesters wrote:so how long do we have bro around cos he is in the night shift and I want to leave him a juicy trail that will hopefully result in a list of his reads
Could be scum.

VOTE: BROseidon
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 am

big bird is that you???
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:10 am

Post by BirdAndBeast »

In post 22, Infinite Jesters wrote:big bird is that you???
I retract my previous assertion. While Jesters
could
be scum, they aren't, they're town. This is town mollie to a T.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Svenskt Stål »

In post 13, AGar wrote:Maaaan co-ordinating lynches is gonna be hella fun in this one.

VOTE: Zdenek

I think that coming in and realizing that coordinating lynches will be different/needs another appoach is a towny mindset I think.
In post 20, BirdAndBeast wrote:This game has already started and my buddy and I don't even have a QT to share hydra thoughts in which is unfortunate. Unfortunate because Im hoping to actually take full advantage of the hydra business this time.
By that I mean there should not be any AP posts nor should there be any mastin posts, but a blend of the two as we combine our thoughts and express them as one unit
Much unlike Shadow and Lights Mafia where AP mad bad moves and snowballed the suspicion on our slot by attempting to put out the fires on his own.

ANYHOW, you'll note that we have received a town role PM and will be catching all the scum as soon as we've resolved out backend issues :P.
Approved.

It will create less noise/friction.

Not really sure if its alignment telling, but I like the approach non the less.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”