pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Corpse Party Mafia [WRONG END]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Welcome to
Corpse Party Mafia
, a 14 player game based on the PSP game Corpse Party BloodCovered ...Repeated Fear.

Mod: pieguyn
Reviewers: GuyInFreezer, ika

Players:

1. Ankamius **
2. notscience *
3. White Narcissus (hydra of Sakura Hana and Wisdom)
4. 4nxi3ty
Zymf *

5. Skold *
6. ZZZX
7. SXTLHGaiden
8. Mikazuki
9. Shadowcat (hydra of Huntress and Malakittens)
10. lufan131
11. Taly
12. Titus
Witness Protection

13. Thor and Loki (hydra of BROseidon and Nachomamma8)
14. ZeL1nK2

Alive:

Spoiler:
1. Ankamius,
Yoshizawa Ryou, Heavenly Host Aligned
, survived to win.

4. 4nxi3ty,
Shinozaki Sachiko, Heavenly Host Aligned
, survived to win.

Dead:

Spoiler:
10. lufan131,
Suzumoto Mayu, Heavenly Host Aligned
, was lynched D1

11. Taly,
Shinohara Seiko, Kisaragi Aligned
, succumbed to darkness N1

5. Skold,
Kurosaki Kensuke, Kisaragi Aligned
, was lynched D2

9. Shadowcat,
Mochida Satoshi, Kisaragi Aligned
, succumbed to darkness N2

13. Thor and Loki,
Nakashima Naomi, Kisaragi Aligned
, was lynched D3

3. White Narcissus,
Shinozaki Ayumi, Kisaragi Aligned
, succumbed to darkness N3

12. Titus,
Kizami Yuuya, Kisaragi Aligned
, was lynched D4

14. ZeL1nK2,
Kishinuma Yoshiki, Kisaragi Aligned
, succumbed to darkness N4

7. SXTLHGaiden,
Kibiki Kou, Kisaragi Aligned
, was lynched D5

2. notscience,
Kanno Yuki, Kisaragi Aligned
, was ENDGAMED

6. ZZZX,
Shishido Yui, Kisaragi Aligned
, was ENDGAMED

8. Mikazuki,
Morishige Sakutaro, Kisaragi Aligned
, was ENDGAMED

Events:

D1 starts - N1 starts
D2 starts - 4nxi3ty replaces Zymf - N2 starts
D3 starts - N3 starts
D4 starts - Titus replaces Witness Protection - N4 starts
D5 starts - D5 ends
Last edited by pieguyn on Fri May 08, 2015 3:49 am, edited 22 times in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Rules

(stole from borkjerfkin who adapted them from Quadz08)

General

1. Site-wide rules, as always, apply here.
  2. I reserve the right to change any of the following rules at any time. I will also inform the players in thread and via PM in the unlikely scenario in which this is required.
  3. This list is not necessarily all-inclusive. If you're unsure whether or not something is allowed, please PM me about it.
  4. Disregarding the rules may result in consequences up to and including modkill and/or force-replacement.
  5. If you need to talk to me in thread,
    please use bold.
    Additionally, feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.
  6. DO NOT TALK ABOUT OTHER ONGOING GAMES IN THIS GAME.
    I've been seeing this happen in a lot of games recently. Don't do it -- it can ruin not only this game for others, but also other games. I won't be lenient about this rule in particular.
  7. Please do not use hidden or encrypted text.
  8. Play to win.
  9. Please treat your fellow players with respect. At the same time, please try not to take comments personally whenever possible.
  10. Please allow for your fellow players to go V/LA.
  11. Please keep me in the loop about your own V/LA status.
  12. My color is scarlet. Avoid using it, or face Remilia's wrath :>

13. Have Fun!

Gameplay

1. The following vote formats are the de-facto standard on the site (aka votes should be enclosed with vote tags or bold tags. I don't care about caps/spelling/etc.)
    • VOTE: pieguyn
    • Vote: pieguyn

2. Unvotes are
    not
    required.
  3. If it appears to be a vote for a player, I will treat it as a vote for a player. Please don't attempt to fool me or other players with regard to fake votes. Do not put votes in spoiler tags.
  4. A lynch is achieved when half plus one of the current number of living players are voting for the same player. If this does not occur by deadline, a No Lynch will occur -- there is no plurality lynch in this game.
  5. Twilight is the time between the 'hammer' vote being cast and the beginning of the night phase. All living players, including the most recent lynchee, may talk during this time.
  6. Players' alignments will be revealed on death.
  7. When killed, a player may make one informationless 'bah' post at the beginning of the next day phase and must be silent thereon until the conclusion of the game.
  8. Please submit all night actions either via <b> tags in your quicktopic if you have one, or by PM if you do not.
  9. If you have a night action and do not submit one, you will not take an action. I will not resolve your action on a random person.
  10. Role distribution is guaranteed to be random, determined with the aid of random.org

Deadlines

1. Day 1 will be exactly two weeks long. Future days will be exactly 10 days (240 hours) long.
  2. Nights will be exactly two days (48 hours) long.
  3. Players will be prodded after 48 hours of inactivity during the day, excepting V/LA circumstances.
  4. Failure to pick up a prod in 24 hours, or receiving 3 prods over the course of the game, will result in replacement. Asking for replacement will result in replacement.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Setup:

• This setup is based upon the PSP game Corpse Party BloodCovered ...Repeated Fear.
  • Flavor knowledge is NOT necessary, although I hope it will increase your enjoyment of the game. There may be spoilers from the game, so be careful. This link may be useful to help determine context throughout the game: http://corpseparty.wikia.com/wiki/Corpse_Party
  • This setup is
    NOT bastard
    , aka no jester, lyncher, alignment changes, etc. - I will not attempt to trick you for my own amusement.
  • This setup is
    not normal

Public Mechanic - The Darkening:

• Everyone in the game has a Darkness level. This starts at 0% and can range from 0% to 100%.
  • Certain game events can increase the Darkness level. If anyone reaches 100% darkness, they die. This resolves at the end of each Day/Night phase.
  • The scum team does not have a factional kill; they can instead increase the darkness level of one or more people. The way in which this is done is not public information.
  • Shinozaki Sachiko exists in the game. Darkness will increase faster as long as she is alive. The way in which this is done is not public information.

The following are events that are known to increase Darkness:

• At the end of each Day phase, every player will gain 1% Darkness for each individual player that voted them over the course of that Day phase.

Ex: suppose player A is voted by players B and C. Players B and C unvote, and then player A is voted by players D and E. Player B then votes player A again. Player A would gain 4% Darkness, as 4 players (B, C, D, E) placed votes on player A that Day phase, even though B voted A twice and C was not voting A at the end of that Day phase.

• At the end of each Day phase, every player will gain 1% Darkness for each 48 hours that passed over the course of that Day phase. In the case that I need to extend deadline for whatever reason, any hours added to the deadline will not count towards this, and will be considered to precede standard hours.

Here is a sample VT PM:

Yamamoto Mitsuki, Kisaragi Aligned

What in the hell you weren't in this game yet get back to the second game

Abilities:

-> None

Win Condition:

-> You win when all threats to Kisaragi High are dead and at least one player aligned with Kisaragi High is alive.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Role PMs are going out now! Please confirm via PM stating your alignment, and that you understand your role. The game will begin when 12/14 players confirm.

Confirmations: 13/14
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:07 am

Post by pieguyn »

Mitsuki woke up, realizing she had been passed out on the floor, leaning against a wall. Her head felt like it was splitting open, and her ears were ringing.

"... Huh?"

"Where ... am I?"

As she slowly regained consciousness, she surveyed her surroundings. She was in a very run-down, dimly lit building, which looked somewhat like it could be a school.

She got up and started walking. She got no more than two steps before a translucent, blue object, whose appearance was similar to that of a flame, appeared right in front of her. This was, in fact, a ghost. Fortunately, this ghost was on the more friendly side, and so he took some time to explain to the confused Mitsuki what was going on.

"Waaaaaaaagh!"

"So, you're trapped here too?"

"... Too? ... W-where is 'here'? ... W-what's going on?!" The panic in her voice was rather obvious as fear began to set in.

"This is Heavenly Host Elementary. This is a nexus of closed spaces, held together by the negative thoughts of the four child spirits roaming around."

"... C-child spirits?"

"Yes. Additionally, you're not the only living being trapped in here. I sensed a large number of people entering Heavenly Host a few minutes ago. However ..."
"Not all of them are 'good', per se. Similarly to us spirits, people can be innately harmless, or truly evil. You have not witnessed anything yet since you are currently in a different space, but some unbelievably horrible events have already occurred. Too horrible for me to want to think about ... "

"OH GOD!"

"It's kind of weird. In my entire time here, I've never witnessed anything like this before. ..."
"The nexus here is currently very weak. I'm not sure exactly what's going on or why it's been weakened, but traveling to other closed spaces should not be too difficult; it might also inadvertently happen if you wind up in the right place at the right time. If you want to help save everyone, you must travel to the other spaces and help identify, and eliminate, the people responsible for this."

Mitsuki looked like she was on the verge of breaking down and crying. Her head was buried in her arms. However, after a few minutes, most of which consisted of the ghost monologuing about how terrible Heavenly Host was and the effects of dying, or merely existing, there, she gathered her resolve and stood up straight.

"... So I need to figure out who's doing this, and stop them," she said, in a quiet, hesitant voice.

"Yes."

"OK... thanks."

Still not fully believing what she had just heard, Mitsuki stepped forward. Whether she liked it or not, she wasn't going to just sit there and die. And so it begun ...

Day 1 is starting! With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. The deadline is April 11, 14:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2015-04-11 14:00:00).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

votecount 1.0
Not voting (14) - Ankamius, notscience, White Narcissus, Zymf, Skold, ZZZX, SXTLHGaiden, Mikazuki, Shadowcat, lufan131, Taly, Witness Protection, Thor and Loki, ZeL1nK2

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is August 6, 14:00 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2015-04-11 14:00:00).
Last edited by pieguyn on Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadowcat
Shadowcat
Goon
Shadowcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Shadowcat »

Mmk. Reading the vote count off mafia black is readable, but however if im following off my main it's not.

I'll be back after work.

~Mala
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:15 am

Post by White Narcissus »

VOTE: thor and loki

policy, too dangerous if scum
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:16 am

~Wis
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:17 am

also mala is right, this blue on black is tiring

~Wis
Zymf
Zymf
Goon
Zymf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Zymf »

Oh, that OST is just to awesome! (So is the rest of the game's soundtrack if I remember correct)
Let's get this party started :D

First of all, we should avoid random voting, as this will only increase our darkness level. I suggest we use Finger of Suspicion untill we actually know if we want to lynch someone or not.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:19 am

shit, you're right. well now i voted so its pointless to unvote

~Wis
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:19 am

Post by pieguyn »

aw fine ;w; (VC fixed)
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Taly »

Mod
, will our darkness level be stated at the end of a day phase?

Also, I do agree that we don't have RVS because it could just pointlessly hurt our life. But, are we going to do RQS? Or something else to get ideas on someone?

We should at least go off of some initiative here.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:32 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Good morning, good day or good evening to all of you, depending on where you live and what time of day you're reading this.

'tis truly a pleasure to play in a game with all of you. I am ZeL1nK2, but you may call me "Town" or "Townie" depending on which of these you'd prefer. I am not picky. You can even come up with your own nickname for me if you prefer. Like "Towniepoo" or even "Town-chan" if you're into that sort of thing.

Before we continue, I'd like to discuss the mechanics in this game. If you haven't looked at the public mechanic, I'd suggest you look at it now.

Essentially, voting for anyone we're not lynching is anti-town. Also, dragging the day phase out unnecessarily is anti-town.

As a way to get around this, what I would suggest this game is rather than voting people, we pseudovote people. This can be done, for example, by typing something like
Pseudovote: X
(or if you want to go with something gimmicky,
Trout Slap: X
). You don't even need to bold it. I would personally keep track of pseudo votecounts as often as I can. Maybe not every post, but every other post. The way this works is that once someone gets enough pseudo votes that they would be hammered, we all vote that person. This prevents anyone who isn't lynched from having their darkness unnecessarily increased. Also, if we agree to this, I'll keep track of pseudo votecounts for as long as I'm alive, but someone would need to do it for me if I die. Also, this serves to slowly infuriate pieguy as he is required to post votecounts where nobody is actually voting. Haha, pieguy. Haha. If we follow this plan, I would suggest everyone requests frequent votecounts from him.

The other thing I'd propose is that we
try
to achieve a lynch within either 96 hours (before it reaches 4 days) or within 144 hours (before it reaches 6 days). This
should
theoretically be enough time for us to discuss things without rushing, while minimising the amount of darkness we all receive from taking too long to lynch.

This game punishes town lurking so please try to remain active if you're actually town. I don't care if you think lurking is protown. Don't do it.

I'm open to hearing any opinions on this or ideas about how to improve this plan.

The long and short of it, though, is that nobody should be voting anyone today. Pseudovote. Don't actually vote. #pieguysvotecountsareuseless

In before TL;DR
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 13, Taly wrote:
Mod
, will our darkness level be stated at the end of a day phase?

Everyone is informed of their current Darkness level at the end of each Day and Night phase.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:34 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Now, onto business...

Trout Slap: Loki & Thor

I've always wanted to slap gods with a fish. A twofer, as well.

I am a kind and considerate person, so I put Loki's name first
, so as not to unnecessarily agitate his inferiority complex
. Yes, we all know you're just as good a god as Thor, Loki. No I'm not rolling my eyes sarcastically. You're imagining things.
White Narcissus
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
White Narcissus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 am

Hi all, I like Zymf's thoughts so far wrt random voting, slightly leaning town there. Dunno why Zelink decided to expand on it like that when the thought was already clear from the get go with Zymf's post, i had forgotten about taking too long to lynch tho. Hopefully more people start posting soon so I can start interacting with them.

Zelink so far seems like the type to overexplain things... why did you need to put so much explanation on a random pseudovote?

~Sakura
Thor and Loki
Thor and Loki
Goon
Thor and Loki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Thor and Loki »

I think that four days is a good timeline to lynch: I most certainly wouldn't mind a fast-paced game for once.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Skold »

[quote="In post 10, Zymf"]Oh, that OST is just to awesome! (So is the rest of the game's soundtrack if I remember correct)
Let's get this party started :D

First of all, we should avoid random voting, as this will only increase our darkness level. I suggest we use Finger of Suspicion untill we actually know if we want to lynch someone or not.[/quote

I would to add out that scum probably can't raise darkness to 100% by themselves. I don't want to speculate about how much they can but it's safe to assume that mafia will have to take two nights to kill someone as long as we don't interfere. Maybe I'm making too many assumptions, but I think this reinforces the necessity of FoS.
Random FOS Stage is the way to go:
Fos:White
for voting :P

pedit: I knew I had stalkers.
ppedit: Cewl. not sure I read that part about us taking extra darkness over time. Will reread the darkness passage.
I'd put some philosophical bollocks here but I cannot be bothered.
Scumtells are bullshit, find something else to fill pages with please.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

In post 17, White Narcissus wrote:why did you need to put so much explanation on a random pseudovote?

That is for me to know and you to make guesses about but never actually find out. Thor, or perhaps Loki, or perhaps both, may find humour in it, though.
Thor and Loki
Thor and Loki
Goon
Thor and Loki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Thor and Loki »

Pie, would you mind keeping track of pseudo-votes as well or is that something you're gonna force poor zelink to do?
Thor and Loki
Thor and Loki
Goon
Thor and Loki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Thor and Loki »

In post 20, ZeL1nK2 wrote:
In post 17, White Narcissus wrote:why did you need to put so much explanation on a random pseudovote?

That is for me to know and you to make guesses about but never actually find out. Thor, or perhaps Loki, or perhaps both, may find humour in it, though.

I don't think Thor has a sense or humour.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:52 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

Oh. I thought that would be Loki.
ZeL1nK2
ZeL1nK2
Goon
ZeL1nK2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:53 am

Post by ZeL1nK2 »

I'm fine with keeping track of it myself.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”