Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 12321, mastin2 wrote:
In post 12319, Reasonably Rational wrote:Only Mastin could possibly make a post saying "I have to think about things and figure it out but there must be a way to ensure a win" and
then later
claim ownership of the plan I outlined in the very next post demonstrating that it was not in the least bit hard to work out.
*ahem*

Your plan?
Outlined in .
Your shameless dishonesty is staggering. You literally made a post (which you conveniently forgot to link to) where you said you couldn't figure out the numbers and weren't sure there was a plan. I immediately responded and gave the exact steps to victory. The post you claim is the first place I outlined our plan is simply not even close. Again you are lying and trying to deceive the game.

As for the rest of your shit ... just stop it already. Your ego was already legendary, but at this point you're making yourself unpleasant to be around.

Why should we be the night bubble in the plan? Because we know we're town and therefore nothing can go wrong in the night in that case. The only reason we're even in the pool in our plan is because we didn't luck into being mod confirmed. Every single thing you tried to point to and say it made us scum, people came back and told you that your suppositions were wrong and told you that we behaved as you expected town us to behave. There's literally no merit to any of your specious bullshit, and being polite hasn't gotten the point across. The only way the game even progresses to us being bubbled would be if MoI was wrong, because our plan removes all possible scum from the game when the day ends.

You're the one who is pushing a plan that leaves a window open for scum, and frankly I'm getting tired of your lies and bullshit.

It would be one thing if there was any
semblance
of rational thought and continual re-evaluation evident in your posting. Instead you have been a broken record for coming up on MONTHS now. I mean ... You have what is the most obvious scum play ever in A50 today, but you seem totally oblivious to it and aren't at all accounting for it. You have lied to the game at least twice (that we know of), declared certain actions and behaviors would mean certain conclusions about our alignment but then developed
amnesia
when the facts didn't line up with your raging ego's desire to be the hero. And frankly ... holding the game hostage ... twice. There aren't even words to describe how shitty that is and how completely disrespectful to the rest of the game.

~D
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:54 pm

And since it obviously HAS NOT occurred to you, let me outline WHY it's important for us to ensure that nothing goes wrong in the night.

MoI told us that the GEM BUBBLES count as "dead" for the purposes of win condition. We do NOT know whether the event Grapes claims would also count in that way, and because Grapes is a suspect we cannot get an answer about that from him that we can trust to be accurate.

Therefore, it is possible for the following to happen:

1.) Grapes takes himself and let's say Shiro out of game.
2.) A50 gets lynched and comes up scum OR town. (it's irrelevant which for the purposes of ensuring 100% win probability).
3.) The game doesn't end at the end of the day.
4.) Random bubbles us.
5.) The game isn't over and no kill happens (Presuming the claim that Grapes returns at the START of the NEXT episode, then no night kill should happen)
6.) Grapes and Shiro return and Random has us bubbled to talk to. We are at this point confirmed town because Magna asked and was told that the gem bubble counts as dead for win conditions, so if we were scum...

And there's so much more obvious shit that I assumed you had noted down but knew didn't need to be said. This is not the first time you acting like a bull in a china shop and displaying no subtlety whatsoever has made us feel forced to say things that simply shouldn't be said where we know scum can see it. Sooner or later, we'll say something that synergizes with whatever they have left in their toolbox and takes the 100% win away from us, and if THAT happens, you will never stop hearing it from me. NEVER.

~Drixx
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12327 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12325, Reasonably Rational wrote:You literally made a post (which you conveniently forgot to link to) where you said you couldn't figure out the numbers and weren't sure there was a plan.
Yes, which I said already.
Because saying I'm not sure that what I've said is foolproof...
...And saying I have a plan...
...Are not fucking mutually exclusive.
Your ego was already legendary, but at this point you're making yourself unpleasant to be around.
More character assassination, because Reasonably Rational KNOWS that I don't have an ego. Both heads, though I suppose at least Drixx is less so. I've explained my thought process here, very thoroughly. And exactly what I have gone through. Exactly what steps I've put in. Exactly what my thoughts were. Transparently as much out there, step by step, process by process. Sometimes, I omitted details, because details can be debilitating. Details would include how I have been wracked with guilt this whole time. Details would include how much I wavered. Details would include how much my conviction has been anything short thereof. Details would include how many times I thought grapes could be scum, yet was holding back from saying it publicly, knowing that if I gave those details it would be misconstrued as final proof of why grapes would be scum. Details would show how paranoid I've been. Details would show exactly why I've been conflicted. Details would show why my presence has been sporadic rather than consistent--because I was disappearing in my times of doubt. Because I vanished when I was unsure, only returning when I knew I could stall no longer, in spite of the doubt getting worse rather than better.

So of course I avoid the details. But I give everything short thereof. Outlying the overall picture. Sacrificing specifics for the general idea: "grapes could be scum, but I think he's town for these reasons". Rather than, "grapes could be scum. Or could be town. Or could be scum. I don't know. I see this as town. I see this as scum. I see this as town one moment and scum the next. I guess town?" And applied to every. player. in. the. game.
Why should we be the night bubble in the plan? Because we know we're town and therefore nothing can go wrong in the night in that case.
And why shouldn't you be lynched?
If the plan is foolproof. If the plan is truly solid. You should be willing to be lynched.

And yet, that's the problem.

My problem with you, the whole game, has been a lack of willingness to follow through.

You say you are willing to die.
And then you back out.
You say you can be killed.
But then you make excuses not to.
You say you have a foolproof plan which allows you to die.
But then you try to live even though you should be fully fucking okay dieing because by the given plan
you would win even if lynched!

Yet you insist, even now, even after I was clear. Even after I was coldly, precisely logical.
Even when I laid out in crystal clear detail, short, succinct, and precise, exactly why you need to be lynched, you're refusing to accept what I have said as having any validity.

You are refusing to put yourself in the shoes of others.
You are refusing to think of anyone but yourself.
You are refusing to place yourself in danger. You say you are! You say you're willing to die! But then you BACK OUT AND REFUSE TO SHOW IT.

And that's why I've been thinking you're scum!

You're not being reasonable.
You're not being rational.

You're violating every principle that I associate with a town!RR.
And you have been for days.
Literally fucking days, you've been trying to wiggle out of a lynch every step of the way.
You've kept the town from going down the path confirmed town have suggested.

And
when you are UNCONFIRMED
, have been the one dictating the actions of the game.
You, plus Almost50, directed Fuzzy to shoot at farside. Conftown wanted that shot on one of you/Almost50. (AND GEE LOOK AT US NOW, THE LAST SCUM IS BEING DISCUSSED AS ONE OF YOU/ALMOST50; WOULDN'T IT BE AMAZING IF ONE OF YOU WERE DEAD INSTEAD OF FARSIDE?!?)
You directly contributed to the lynch on Fuzzy, instead of a lynch on you.
And now, when you are STILL UNCONFIRMED.
You are resisting the path, YET AGAIN, where a town victory is ensured.

By your own fucking plan, the town wins by lynching you!

It's true by my words, yes, but also by your own.

So why the fuck do you insist we do otherwise?

The ONLY reason I can think of is that you, as scum, have an out that you can exploit.
Because as town, you'd be confident. You'd even be arrogant, to some degree! You'd have caution about the plan, sure, but once you had ensured it was truly foolproof, you would enact it all the same. You'd be willing to risk your lives, and back that up with ACTIONS rather than WORDS.

I have every reason to be pissed at you if you're town.
But I'm praying to the everfuckingloving god that this is you as scum because the amount of shit you've put me through is unreal.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12328 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12326, Reasonably Rational wrote:We do NOT know whether the event Grapes claims would also count in that way, and because Grapes is a suspect we cannot get an answer about that from him that we can trust to be accurate.
Hey, geniuses.

Did it occur to you that maybe, just maybe, I had already asked Varsoon about this?

I did.

In fact I thought of it a long time ago. From the MOMENT I thought of releasing grapes so he could enact his plan, I noted this.

And guess what?

Varsoon can tell us if they count as dead.

I know this because Varsoon promised me we could.
And this is no lie. This is not something I say with an objective. This is me, having held a card to my chest which benefitted nobody but the scum to know before it became relevant, but oh well, you pushed me so here the fuck it is spelled out explicitly to you.
If grapes's power counts as being dead, we do the plan as per what we wanted to do.
If grapes's power doesn't count as being dead, then randomidget doesn't bubble during the night but otherwise the plan remains exactly the same. Shiro and grapes are taken out, and we lynch one of you/Almost50. This is also why time is of the essence in releasing grapes:
We can only get an answer from Varsoon AFTER the event is triggered, and it makes a difference in whether randomidget does or does not bubble. But regardless of bubble, we lynch one of you/Almost50.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12329 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by mastin2 »

And yes right now I have lost my cool, and shouldn't be posting.

But I am, because I can't leave the thread anymore.
I literally can't.

The thing is that you claim I've strongarmed the town.
You claim I've forced things on the town.

But every step of the way, I've lost those battles.

And guess what?

Every time, I've been shown to have been in the right to have held the belief I did.
Every time that I've stood my ground, I can say, proudly, "It was right. No, not right in principle even if wrong in practice. It was fucking right because
it was right
."
The times I've been stubborn?

On SirCakez. On TWIE. On farside. I was getting there on Shadow_step. And I was there on grapes.
SirCakez was scum. TWIE was scum. farside was town. Shadow_step was scum. And now, the main gamebreaking plan we have relies on grapes being town, exactly like I fucking said he was.

Time and time again, I have been shown right. When people followed me, it has led to scum deaths. When people ignored me, it has led to the death of town players.

Time and time again, you have clung to every possible edge. You tried to push away from TWIE. You tried HARDCORE to push farside. You tried--and succeeded--in extending the life of Shadow_step. You fought to have grapes die instead of you, and then let Fuzzy die in your place. You have, consistently, taken the stance most convenient to the scum. It's been there the whole fucking game.

And if you were town!
If you were actually fucking town.
You would know how pissed I am. You would know how much you have pushed me. You would recognize exactly where I am coming from. You would know that I have valid points. You would know that I have felt ignored. You would know all of this, and you would recognize that objectively you have been a much worse player in the game overall than most of the others here. Your main contribution was your event ability. You say you've done more than that. But everything you've done except for that (save SirCakez I suppose) has been a failure. And not once have you taken the blame for the failures.
Not being confirmed town? That was Titus's fault partially for stealing your power, and partially farside's. The alliance with Titus not going according to plan? farside's fault. farside not being scum and not being malevolent third party? farside's fault. The gems being questioned by you? Yume's fault. Shadow_step not being vigged? Fuzzy's fault. farside being vigged instead of Almost50/RR? Fuzzy's fault, or if not, Almost50's.

You have shifted blame the whole game, never once taking accountability for ANYTHING you have done. I recognize my failures this game--Mathblade was a major one. That was my fault largely. Then there was SnarkySnowman, which was mostly my fault, too. Creature and kraska? Fuck, I blame myself for those more than any other player does. But you? You don't.

I've made plans this whole game--most have worked; some didn't. I know which ones worked, but I also know which ones didn't and accept that the ones which didn't were on me.
You've made plans this whole game--none have worked. NONE. Name one which did and which actually was pro-town in practice. I'm not talking in theory. Vigging farside was "a good plan in theory!" but in practice wasn't. Can you name one thing you've done, outside the Beachapalooza event (and even then you assign blame to Titus for that not working as intended), which went according to your plan, which HELPED the town, unambiguously HELPED the town with no ifs ands or buts? Everything you've done has resulted in failure. And while that's unusual, we all have bad games. Yet you have gone on to refuse responsibility. You don't want to be held accountable for your part in things not going the way they were "supposed to" go.

That level of irresponsibility.
That level of self-centered thinking.
That level of contradictions, of claiming to be selfish but never EVER showing it in your actions.

Is the issue at hand.

And I won't apologize for calling you scum for it. Because calling you scum for doing those things is preferable to me to the alternative, which would be that you'd actually act that atrociously as town.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12330 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

And it's really fucking simple.

Really simple.

It's not some complex thought.

Almost50, if scum, has demonstrated today that if we enact the plan, he cannot win. He has no winning play. He auto-loses. This is clear enough in his posting, about how he resists the plan so strongly. After all...if he had a way to win, and he didn't even have to do anything, wouldn't he...you know...actually do that? Because if Almost50 can win by having you be lynched, and grapes trigger his event and remove Shiro, then Almost50 would do exactly that.

Almost50 can therefore, 100% safely, be bubbled, by using the plan.

You, if scum, have demonstrated today that if we enact the plan, you have a way to escape it. You would never allow yourself to willingly be trapped in an auto-loss. But winning requires that you not be lynched. So you fight to say: "We're fine being bubbled, but not being lynched". Because even though they should be interchangeable, scum with a way out would not win if lynched, but would win if they had a way out.

That alone!
That reason, by itself, alone, would be enough reason for you to be the lynch.

If Almost50 is scum, he cannot win.
If you are town, YOU SHOULD KNOW HE CANNOT WIN, and be okay with being lynched as a result.
If you are scum, you have a way to win, but it relies on you not being lynched.

If you are town, you should know that while YOU know you are town, randomidget and I do not, and we have to consider the possibility that you are scum.
So if you are town, and given that you know Almost50 can't win if he's scum, the conclusion would be that you're okay with being lynched.

Yet you continue to resist.
You continue to fight.

With every step of the way, you struggle against the idea of your death.

Why is your life so important?

If the game is automatically won even if you die, it shouldn't be. Yet you continue to treat it as if it is.
Which continues to give me the same. fucking. impression. I've had since gamestart, that you have reason to live beyond what would be town.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12331 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by mastin2 »

And while I should technically wait for randomidget to come unbubble grapes to do this.
I should technically wait for grapes to bubble Shiro before I do this.
I should technically wait to enact this, because of the possibilities.

At this stage it needs to be cast to make my point clear.

VOTE: Reasonably Rational.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12332 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 pm

I know Varsoon won't answer a question about an event that hasn't happened because we already asked. And why would I take your word for anything given that:

1.) You're a self-admitted liar, in this game, multiple times
2.) You've behaved completely irrationally and for such a length of time that it's legitimately creepy at this point
3.) You somehow posted (presumably with a straight face) that you don't have a big ego when:
a.) You said, in this game, that you deserved a scummy for this game
b.) Your signature links to and "academy" of how to "properly" play mafia

I mean ... at this point it's just going to become a personal shitfest and I'm not interested in that. I already pointed out to you that we can become confirmed town and we also already pointed out to you that the only threat to town winning at this point is scum having an extra kill. It is, otherwise, a fait accompli.

You said yourself that you have no idea what to do once you know for sure we're town. That alone is reason enough for us to prefer that if the game doesn't end and the reason for that is because the event Grapes has does not count for triggering win conditions, that WE be around to ensure the win because, at that point, we will have been conftowned and unlike you, we aren't trying to bet the whole game on an ego driven "case" that has more holes in it than Bonnie and Clyde's car, and
again; unlike you
, we're fairly confident we can assess the situation should it come to that and be useful, whereas you've already said you would not be of any use.

So ummm yeah. If we can eliminate all suspects (we can), and we can make ourselves the last one
just in case
what MoI told us about the bubbles does NOT apply to Grapes' event, then that seems rationally preferable to leaving the game in YOUR hands. After all, you've demonstrated nothing but an irrational refusal to reassess when repeatedly presented with evidence contrary to your theory. Hell ... you argued that A50 is probably scum and still want to kill us. You aren't exactly a stable foundation upon which to pin our hopes upon.

~D
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12333 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Like.
If you're town go blacklist me if you'd like.
That'd be your call. If you think that what I've done is beyond acceptable, I'll gladly stop playing with you because of the shit you've done here.

I know that I have trouble communicating.
I know that concepts I try to convey aren't always clear.
I know that I've kept some details from people at points.
I know that the dead thread's the only place who's seen my unadulterated thought process, about how much I've struggled here.
About how hard I've fought to come to the conclusions I have.
About how I've considered every angle.
I know they're the only ones who right now can empathize with me.

But I also know that I am in the right, here.
I've been called lots of names.
I've had my points shot down or avoided every step of the way.

Yet I made the call DAYS ago, gamedays ago, that I was willing to accept the consequences of all my actions. All of them. Singlehandedly costed the town the game? I'd take it. Literally half the game blacklisting me? I'd take it. People think my points crossed a line? I'd accept their criticism. People think my stubbornness was anti-town? Sure, I'd take that. I'd accept that everything I've done was full of faults, and then some. I'd deserve the hate. I'd encourage it. It'd be my preference, to have nothing less than the ire of everyone I wronged with my play.

Can you make so much of a FRACTION of those claims? If you're scum, I know the answer is yes, because your alignment is reason enough to justify basically all of what you've done. Everything you'd have done would be to further a scum agenda, push closer to a scum win. And you know what? You'd feel sorry for it by now. You'd know that you've pushed things, and feel terrible that in order to win the game you'd have to do more, but you'd go doing them anyway. Of course, you couldn't admit as much to the game thread because you'd be admitting your alignment in the process.

Yet if you're town, then you should have the empathy to know what I see in you. You've consistently shown you do not.

When I've looked at MoI's point of view, I've understood it. I never gave up working with him, even after his death urging randomidget to hold off on releasing him. When I talk to randomidget, I know that he thinks you're town and I know that he was working with MoI and I know that Magna holds me in very low regards (basically seeing me as the scum of the earth), which would of course influence randomidget's view of me. Not to mention randomidget's game history with me while not extensive doesn't leave him any reason to think I should be followed, that my plan would actually be worth it, that I know what I'm doing.

When I look at Almost50, I know he sees me as even more insane than he is. (I know he sees himself as crazy, so I know exactly what "crazier than Almost50" entails to him.) I know that he sees me as conftown, but doesn't value my opinion. There's so much I wish I had the guts to say to him, to get him to maybe listen to so much of a fraction of what I'm saying. I know he sees things differently. And I see him seeing things in an unusual way, feeling frustrated nobody believes him, and reacting out of anger, even panic at the thought of things going against him.

When I look at you, there's a fundamental problem. When I look at what I see from you, I can maybe see you thinking I've gone off the rails. I can maybe see you think I've crossed lines. I can maybe see you thinking I'm hard in tunnel mode. When I look at what I see from you, I can maybe see you thinking that there were a lot of mistakes made by the town, that things didn't go according to your plan. I can see you genuinely, as town, thinking you have tried to help the town. I can see you legitimately feeling frustration that things haven't worked out, that things keep on going wrong, and that you've been held as suspicious in spite of all your efforts. All of that I can see, because I know how to empathize with players.

But the problem is, it's not what I see that's the problem. It's what I DON'T see. If you were town, I'd expect to see the empathy I am displaying returned in at least some degree. Let's call it "sympathy". Because sympathy is basically defined as being "a person not empathetic, but who is still capable of understanding where people come from". Very bad definition, I know, I'm winging this post and not putting time into it beyond that it takes to type. If you were sympathetic: you would analyze your own play and realize how flawed it has been. You wouldn't be as emo as I am about it, sure, yes! You don't have to hate yourself for what you have done. Sympathy, rather than empathy.

But you'd still acknowledge, at least objectively: yes you have done wrong this game. Yes, you haven't been a beacon of goodness. And yes, some things this game have been your fault, not the faults of others. You would understand where I am coming from, in having felt my suspicion on you. You would know that I was not baseless in my accusations. You would know that I had good reason to feel the way I would.

You would consider what I have put forward.

Yet consistently, you've rejected and resisted every step of the way.

When players have put forth their ideas, I've listened and explained why I will do that, or why I don't want that done. I have laid out clear reasons why I prefer your lynch to Almost50's. I have laid out my problems with the plan randomidget has, namely, it's not thorough/meticulous enough to ensure a town win. I've shown you why I don't think Almost50 needs to be lynched today, and endless number of times I've explained why I have you as someone I am suspicious of.

I hold your game in tremendous respect--I think your scumgame is superb, and I am intensely afraid of it, to the point where I think you need to die today.
I hold your towngame with tremendous respect--which is why seeing flagrant disregard for my opinions, which you should be able to understand, is something I don't see coming from you as town.

That's where I'm coming from.
This isn't something hard to understand.
This isn't something I could possibly have miscommunicated.
This isn't something I could be ambiguous on.

And yet, you continue to act as if you don't understand these issues I have with you. You continue to act as if I have nothing on you. You act as if my issue surely must be personal by this stage because of how much aggression I've given, how much I have pushed you. Yet that goes against what you should know of me. It goes against what you should understand from me.

I am seeing you as scum.
I am seeing you as pushing a way to win as scum.

And I've told you exactly what you needed to do in order to show me wrong.
Yet consistently, rather than do those things, you continue to put me down at every turn. You continue to push me as someone who has no valid points. Who is crazy. Who has lost her essence. Instead of showing me you're town, you're trying to show OTHER PLAYERS that I am wrong.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12332, Reasonably Rational wrote:And why would I take your word for anything given that: 1.) You're a self-admitted liar, in this game, multiple times
Case'n'point, this post.

I've lied by omission.

I've lied, by not telling the full truth.

But those were small lies, and not ones where I was actively deliberately hiding something. If I had been asked to reveal those facts, I'd have swallowed my pride and done so.

That you would try to paint me as a manipulative bitch who would tell a lie that would frankly GET ME FUCKING BANNED FROM PLAYING MAFIA is exactly why I think you're scum. That goes beyond what you would
ever
think if you were actually town. I said I lied by omission. That means I lied by not telling every thought I ever had, and not revealing every dialog I've had with Varsoon. You know who does this?

Literally every town player who doesn't claim the first post they make.
As in, literally every player in every game ever does this same fucking thing, and yet you're blowing it out of proportion. You're trying to paint this thing that every player inherently does as part of the game of mafia, selectively revealing the truth and holding onto sensitive information which causes more harm than good, as if it's a sin against humanity when you KNOW better than that.
a.) You said, in this game, that you deserved a scummy for this game
That wasn't serious and never once did I give the indication it was. I was saying that in exasperation. In frustration. In flat-out anger, lashing out at how nobody was listening to me. No shit that wasn't a serious comment.
b.) Your signature links to and "academy" of how to "properly" play mafia
And this crosses a line you should never cross regardless of your alignment.

You KNOW that I take pride in theory work.
That it's the one fucking thing I can say I don't suck at. It's the one area of the site I always enjoy. It's the only place where I will never feel as if I haven't fucked things up. I can have my townplay go to shit. I have watched my scumgame burn and cry. I recognize my faults more than any other player.

But the ONE thing I am good at.
Is at teaching.
I've said it before, that I'm the Waver Velvet of mafia games:
I know the "perfect running form" players can take, but I, myself, personally have weak legs. I can't perform my own advice. The first fucking thing I tell people is "Do as I say, not as I do", with the implication that what I
say
is better than what I actually pragmatically am capable of doing.

I am good at teaching. But being a good teacher doesn't mean I am the best town player on the site, or the best scum player on the site. What the academy is, is effectively me as a fucking IC, Inexperience Challenged player. Do you expect a quality of play from an IC FAR above site standard? Fuck no, ICs are just players who're there to teach and my academy is the same exact principle. (I mean maybe you could argue that ICs
should
be held to a higher standard of play, but no, they mostly aren't. They're just players, who chose to teach. Nothing more.)
You said yourself that you have no idea what to do once you know for sure we're town.
You keep on bringing this up as if it's a holy bible of what I've said, as if it's something that had only one meaning and would apply to the whole game thereafter. But I've already explained why this isn't the case. The exact words I can't recall, but suffice to say: you keep saying this, bringing that up. Yet you've refused to address that when I said that, it wasn't meant to be nothing ever. You flipping town would've been a hard reset. At the time, I was trying to get MoI to go with me onto lynching you. And I was willing to bargain with him. If I was wrong, I was willing to put VERY heavy support into his plans, because I'd have been wrong when he wasn't.

And then I did work. I continued scumhunting. I put more. And more. And more and more and more and more work and effort into the game. I considered even more you were town. Yet the work I kept putting in, soft reset after soft reset, kept pointing back to you being scum. I kept giving you outs. I kept giving you ways to show me you were town outside of a lynch. And I fixed the problem. I gained a clear hierarchy. You've pretended that I've remained the same in my push, that it's just you. Just you, nothing else. Yet I've given time and effort to everyone--grapes, Shiro, Almost50. All of them.
That alone is reason enough for us to prefer that if the game doesn't end and the reason for that is because the event Grapes has does not count for triggering win conditions
The thing you fail to consider is this:

If grapes does his event, then we can ask Varsoon if it counts as a commute or a kill BEFORE THE LYNCH.
And we can adjust accordingly.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 pm

I've never blacklisted anyone and nor would I. I'm also
always
blunt about what I view as poor form or unacceptable play. You know this, so please stop with the histrionics already.

What you don't seem to get is this: if you are wrong and stubborn and insist on pushing a case that has been literally eviscerated from all angles and you cost us the game ... it doesn't matter to
anyone
that you're "willing to accept the blame" ... a whole bunch of people will have worked hard and deserved a win and lost it, and no amount of "my bad" on your part is going to change that.
HERE'S THE THING:
There doesn't need to BE any blame because we've freaking handed the game a 100% win probability plan which has two potential flaws:

a.) Scum can kill more than 1 person if the game goes through another night phase -- nothing can be done about this potential flaw. It either exists or it doesn't and no amount of planning can account for it.
b.) Grapes goes rogue, for which there is an obvious response.

That's it. There aren't any other magical boogie men out there that are going to snatch this away. At this point, I've taken an aggressive tone with you to try and get through to you. By your own predictions earlier about how we would behave if we were town or scum, everyone who responded to you told you flat out that we played as you predicted we would as town. I would have thought (prior to this game) that getting that response from so many people telling you that you were off base and that your own reasoning and predictions suggest we're town would make you re-assess, but so far as I can see, you have not actually done any re-evaluation of anything in two or three game days now. That's frustrating to me personally because (prior to this game) I felt like we are friends, and I also viewed you as a rational agent and someone who was willing to re-evaluate your thinking based upon the evidence. You have not behaved that way at all this game, and it has felt personal to me (Again, a conversation we can have post-game). If I didn't give a shit on THAT level, I would have just ignored you a long time ago.

Honestly evaluate today's play by us and by A50 and tell you me really believe we're scum and he's town. Don't say it just to say it. Actually sit down and put your skill to work. You already know the answer. You already even SAID the answer. A50 is FRANTIC to avoid our plan. There is only one reason for that, and we both know it.

It's time to hug and make up and bring this game home to a win. I really am tired of fighting with people I like in mafia games. First it was Titus in Space Dandy 2 and now you in this game, and it's just so freaking unnecessary. So much MORE so because you KNOW Cerberus and I. You know that we always feel like we're among the smartest people in the game and we always work to bring the game to 100% win chance EVERY time and you know that we have our own pride; not so much a pride in our play since we both can give you lengthy lists of ways our game needs work, but we do have pride in what we're good at. We are very good at striking a balance so as to seem like we aren't worth using a night kill on, which allows us to stay in the game and get enough info and known data to start working the game mechanically and putting together paths to victory, and we also basically NEVER get mislynched. It has happened one time, and it's in our signature.

So yeah ... pride vs. pride here. Your entire house of cards rests on the fact that we pride ourselves on being smart and capable of figuring out how to win AND that we are proud of not being mislynched and aren't willing to just rope ourselves for no good reason. If you had some actual reasoning where our death was necessary for the win, then we would be the first ones to march up and put our head in the noose. Thing is ... we figured out the path to victory 100% of the time and it simply doesn't require us to die. Bubbling is, in fact, the best way to rid yourself or paranoia about us since Magna confirmed to the game that bubbling = dead for purposes of win con.

Pay attention:
Here's the piece of the puzzle you overlooked. You say you're worried that we have some special ability to avoid being bubbled or some crap like that. The thing is, Titus made us claim everything about our role explicitly, and then STOLE it as a way to check us, and our honesty was a big part of why she trusted us. Shiro is still alive and can easily go to that PT and read that interaction and our role claim and our reaction to having it stolen. We simply can't possibly have anything up our sleeves. Our role has been completely outed since day 4

Also ... who ever said having pride or ego is necessarily a bad thing? Confidence, pride and ego can all be very useful. In this
particular
case, it seems to me that your ego is getting in the way. There was no mean intent in me pointing out things that demonstrate that you have an ego. I've got one too. So does Cerb. That makes none of us bad people. That makes us human. There's no upshot to denying it.

And finally, I agree that if Grapes' ability does not count in the same way that the bubble does, then we'll want to adjust. Cerb and I have even talked about HOW we'd like to adjust. Unfortunately, we're at the mercy of what Random decides when it comes to that.

~Drixx

P.S. - Seriously Mastin please hear this, if nothing else: I've considered you a friend since I joined here and bumped into you. We've played a lot of games together. Nothing I've said is meant to have a personal go at you. Furthermore, and please understand this is as a friend and just me talking... go take a break for a bit and come back with a clear head. Your posts tonight have had a bit of a frenetic quality to them that makes me concerned that I've agitated you and if that is the case, I would ask you to take me at my word that I mean you no personal injury and just go take a break from it all. I know that I have no desire to make the same points over and over in walls of text while we wait for Random, and I have to believe that you don't want to either.
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12336 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12335, Reasonably Rational wrote:
HERE'S THE THING:
There doesn't need to BE any blame because we've freaking handed the game a 100% win probability plan
So why the fuck are you so opposed to being lynched, when by the 100% win plan, you being lynched still results in a town win?

That's my issue.

But aside from that.

Fuck my reads.
Throw them out. I mean, I have a scumread on you anyway. But you can ignore my reads.

It doesn't matter if my read on you is right or wrong.

Lynching you is a simple precaution.

Almost50 has made it as clear as day that he, if he is scum (and that's an IF), cannot win this game with us enacting the plan. This means he, if he is scum, has no countermeasure to it. Meaning he can be safely bubbled. We can do this, 100% safely and reliably.

You have made every effort to resist being lynched. This implies you have some reason to not be lynched, which runs contrary to your stated "we have this guaranteed win".
This is made worse by the fact that, by your own words, you as scum would not propose a scenario in which you as scum could not possibly win. So that means that if you are scum, with Shiro and grapes out of the game and Almost50 lynched, you have a method of winning the game, because if you didn't, you wouldn't be okay with this plan.

You might not be scum, sure. But while YOU know this. randomidget and I both do not. So lynching you first is a precaution. It costs the town nothing; we still fucking win. It deals with a potential problem before it exists. And yet, vice-versa, there's the risk. We have to assume you are town, because if you are scum then letting you live results in a scum win.

The thing is you keep saying I'm the one being irrational here.
Yet you're the one who continues to not address this simple plan. This simple truth: if we lynch you, we should still win.
So why the fuck is lynching you some sort of taboo?

Why the fuck are you doing the one thing which you would do as scum? (Avoid getting lynched.)
Actually sit down and put your skill to work.
Yeah.
I have been.

You know how many fucking hours I've poured into this?

Do you know how many times I crunched the numbers?

How many angles I've pursued?

How many times I've assessed the play here?

And yet, how many times I keep consistently seeing you pulling a scummy-as-fuck stance of "WE MUST LIVE", running contrary to what I know from you? You're asking me to do something I've done.
Not once.
Not twice.
Not even half a dozen times.
Ten. Twenty. Maybe more times, I've done this exercise. At the computer explicitly. Away from it entirely. I've poured it over, and the game not only makes more sense with you as scum, not only do you not make sense playing this way as town, but also everyone else has more reason to be town than you do.

Yet again, all of this is irrelevant.

I asked you a question.
Would you, as scum, propose a plan which you know would lead to your loss?

You know the answer.
So given this.
If our situations were reversed, if this player who you knew wouldn't propose a plan leading to their loss proposed a foolproof plan, would you just blindly accept them as town?

You can't say yes. Because fuck no. You'd test them. You'd put their claims to the test. If their plan was truly foolproof,
they would be willing to die as part of it
So you would ask them to die.

And that's what I've done.
Again, fuck the scumread. The scumread's not as invalid as you paint it to be, but it's not even relevant to the issue.

I want you lynched because it's safer.

If you're so prideful that you think your plan is foolproof: prove it by letting yourself be the lynch.

And at that point, it's impossible to fuck up.
You say you're worried that we have some special ability to avoid being bubbled or some crap like that. The thing is, Titus made us claim everything about our role explicitly, and then STOLE it as a way to check us, and our honesty was a big part of why she trusted us.
True enough.

What's to stop you from having a scum event, though?

Almost50, with his freakout, if he is scum, has made it clear enough that HE does not have one.
You might not have your role anymore thanks to Titus, but what about FACTIONAL abilities? Can you say that there's no possibility you have an event like, oh, saaaaaaaaaaay...the one we just fucking had today? One which could do something like, just to give one potential possibility, prevent gems from actioning? (I know that's probably not a scum ability, but I'm talking about things along those lines.)

There's literally dozens of ways which could force randomidget's bubble to fail. All it takes is one of them for a scum-you to win. And your posts ooze this confidence that you can win, so IF you are scum, then yes you fucking have that ability to foil the bubbling.

Basically, there's a cognitive dissonance of sorts.
Almost50 is freaking out--if he is scum, this is because he can't win. So we can let him live.
You are confident in victory--if you are scum, this is because you have a way to win. If you are town, you should be proud enough to let yourself be lynched. Yet because you're refusing to be lynched when we have an autowin, it gives the impression you're in the former (scum with path to victory) rather than the latter.

Also yes I was frantic and the PM I sent to Varsoon will show that postgame but I'm a little bit better now.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12337 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Never attribute to malice what can be simply explained without. Also you're arguing against yourself. You acknowledge we have been cleared of having anything personal unknown but then suggest it would be factional, but if that was the case, A50 wouldn't be panicked. You can't argue it both ways. It's one or the other.

Rationally speaking, our position is super easy to understand: The chances of the game progressing beyond the day are literally 0% unless Grapes goes rogue or his event doesn't count the same way bubbling does for triggering win conditions, so from our POV, there's absolutely no up side to allowing ourselves to be mislynched. We want the game to end before another night phase happens, which it will do if Grapes takes Shiro or A50 and goes (and it counts the same as bubbling) and we lynch the other. Game ends at that point.

If instead we allow ourselves to be mislynched on the assumption that the win is sewn up and it turns out that the scum team has held an extra kill in reserve, then I believe that to be the only way that this ends up as a loss. Consider:

If 2 scum: mislynching us means 2 scum go into the night. Random can bubble but since bubble seems to count as a kill, it logically follows that it resolves at the same step of resolution as kills, so a scum team with an extra kill simply kills random and you, and with 2 scum then either Grapes or the person he takes would be scum, so whether the bubble goes through or not in the event of Random being killed, scum win.

We're confident in victory simply because the plan we outlined literally eliminates every potential scum from the game before the night phase begins. According to the info Magna gave us, that should trigger Earth and Crystal Gem win conditions at the end of the day. It would be highly irrational to take any other course when there is a course which leads 100% of the time to victory. The
only
reason I even included us in the lynch/bubble part of the plan was to be completely thorough from an outside POV, and to a lesser degree because there might be edge cases we didn't think of which would allow a night phase to happen, and in that case bubbling us makes us conftown and avoids allowing scum to leave you and us both alive, which (given the last couple day phase from you) would hand scum the win as you would surely vote us.

Caveat: Grapes could go rogue and if he does it's super obvious how he would do so and it should be super obvious how we respond. It's staring everyone in the face so I assume you have realized and just also realized why we didn't go into detail. That falls under a bridge to cross when we get there.

~Drixx
Show

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I absolutely can argue it both ways, and here's why:
I am assuming there is only one scum.
If that scum is Almost50, his posts have demonstrated he has nothing capable of stopping the autowin--no personal power, and no factional power.
If that scum is you, your posts have demonstrated you HAVE something capable of turning the autowin for the town into an autowin for the scum--while this couldn't be a personal power, it could be a factional power.

This is off of GAME POSTS and doing BASIC TONALITY READING. Which give the answer.
If Almost50 is town and you are scum, then he is panicking because he thinks you're going to win, and you're calm because he'd be fucking right--you'd have a way to win. Ergo, a way to prevent yourself from being bubbled.
If Almost50 is scum and you are town, then he is panicking because he has no way of stopping the autowin.

And you keep pushing the idea that scum will win with an extra kill. No, they don't. Scum win with the ability to stop the bubble. Extra killing power doesn't matter. After a lynch, there's one town player left, so it doesn't take two kills for the scum to win. It only takes the one. The player grapes removes, frankly, is irrelevant, because the game ends before D11. Either randomidget bubbles the last scum, meaning town wins, or scum counter the bubble, kill me, and endgame the town, meaning scum win.

And Almost50 has made it clear that he has no method of countering the bubble, whereas you if you are scum...explicitly would have some means to do so, else you wouldn't propose the plan which would be a guaranteed loss for your faction.

And yes grapes going rogue is "bridge cross when we get there"; I know that much.
My academy.
Agnigi
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12339 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:01 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

release grapes

sorry i didn't get on this earlier, really haven't been feeling great the last few days.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12340 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

56 more hours for deadline. Can we move it?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #12341 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Given that Varsoon's last post was on Tuesday, a full four days ago, and given the delay in how long it takes to release grapes given this, I think we would be within our rights to ask for one.

Mod: can we have a deadline extension?

V's normally pretty accommodating for things like this, especially if he thinks that he himself could in any way be partially responsible for it.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12342 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:15 pm

In post 12341, mastin2 wrote:Given that Varsoon's last post was on Tuesday, a full four days ago, and given the delay in how long it takes to release grapes given this, I think we would be within our rights to ask for one.

V's normally pretty accommodating for things like this, especially if he thinks that he himself could in any way be partially responsible for it.
Agreed/seconded.

Also, just a thought I had: I actually think it might make more sense to have grapes remove us or A50, and just lynch Shiro. A50 because the argument you're making is that he's playing in a scummy defensive fashion...which means he's the most likely suspect from that perspective, which just means removing him there makes the most sense.

And removing us is to save us the ignominy of being lynched and also save us the trouble of being questioned while we figure things out tomorrow if something goes wrong.

-Cerb
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Cerb:

You guys are superb. Magnificent. Remarkable. You managed to flip my read on you a full 180 degrees in just one game day when Mastina's been trying to do that for 3 days vand couldn't. BRAVO!

Given that my suspects for a duo scum are now you + grapes, there is NO WAY you're going to wiggle your way out of a lynch TODAY. In fact, your suggestion makes me think you KNOW something we don't, like the grapes untility thing doesn't work like MoI's/random's bubble, in which case grapes removing you and himself doesn't end the game and you are asking us to mislynch Shiro today with myself being the designated mislynch of tomorrow for your win con to get triggered.

I DID notice the flip in Drixx' play/read on me, and it was like "let's keep him for last. He's a fool and easily manipulated and he thinks we're Town." until "it's time now to get rid of that slot after it had served us GREATLY."

Then you came in to soften the situation when I came to the right conclusion at long last, but you are slyly and subtly are trying to push the same agenda of somehow escaping the lynch, but now Shiro is your push bc Mastina's opposed to my lynch before either of you, so you simply are trying to walk down the easier route.

Now I don't really care if I get bubbled tonight or lynched tomorrow, but I will not lynch anyone but you today (just in case I'm a DOUBLE fool and grapes is actually Town and you do have immunity against being bubbled like Mastina proposed).

HOWEVER, AND LET THIS BE NOTED OR THE RECORD: IT'S A GRAPES+RR SCUM DUO, AND GRAPES' UTILITY DOESN'T WORK THE WAY WE ALL THOUGHT IT DID (i.e. they do not count as dead towards the win con triggering mechanic).

If this is true then by lynching Shiro; Scum already win bc I'd be guaranteed to be tomorrow's mislynch and RR+grapes will still be alive.

So, lynch RR and grapes takes me/Shiro out WHICH DOES NOT CLEAR ME/SHIRO but still we can afford that extra mislynch tomorrow and then LYNCH GRAPES ANYWAY when the game doesn't end.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, and -of course-
Requesting an extension to deadline by as long as it takes from random's public post to release grapes to Varsoon actually releasing him.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 12341, mastin2 wrote:
At this time, there is no reason for me to extend forth an extension.
As for my own relative absence--my father is in the hospital and I have limited access.
That said, should any events happen that are time sensitive, I will extend the deadline for the amount of time between their submission/activation and when I am capable of resolving them--I have already adjusted the deadline to accommodate this delay.

Regardless, if there is a lynch or the current deadline hits, I will be locking the thread as soon as I can.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12346 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Grapes has returned to the game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12347 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

"Dying a bunch in video games is emotionally exhausting."
Steven,
Bismuth
VOTECOUNT 10.02

Reasonably Rational (1):
mastin2
Almost50 (1):
Almost50

Not Voting (4):
Reasonably Rational, randomidget, Shiro, Grapes

With 6 Alive, it takes 5 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-24 05:00:00)

The Current Stress is +4, TRAGIC DESTINY:

All players require one extra vote to lynch (except in LYLO) and all protective actions always succeed.
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12348 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK, so what next? Is grapes going to show up in the next few hours? THAT is the question.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12349 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:10 am

Revisionist much A50? People only need to look at the start of the day. You call for talking things through and nobody should act rashly, and then an hour later put a vote on us, in a mechanical situation where (depending on how Varsoon resolved things during the night and how exactly the event in effect works) it was almost certainly possible to lynch slots with just two votes. That was the moment you tipped your hand.

~D
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”