JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10775 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10770, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10748, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10746, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10733, JaeReed wrote:Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
Can you link me to a game you played that had a Jester in it?
Why?
It's day9, I think it's lylo, and there's not point to rhetorical questions that do not aid in locating scum.

So, I take your question as serious, and it makes me wonder why you are asking it.

You must have played in a game with a Jester in lylo, so I want to read that game and the lylo portion, and see how you reacted, and how town and scum dealt with the whole thing.
1) Why do you think it's lylo?
2) My question was serious, yes. I wanted to know whether I was actively hindering A50's ability to win the game by insisting he live. He was either town or jester. If town then I don't want him lynched. If Jester it becomes a question of whether I believe it's mylo/lylo.
3) Why must I have played in a game with a jester in lylo?

I don't think whether I've played with a jester before has any bearing to me asking A50 that question. I don't believe you seriously believe that it does, either, or that you seriously think that I have to have played with a jester before in order to ask whether A50 is one.

This is for a two main big reasons.
A) We have a wiki.
B) People were speculating in this thread while A50 was campaigning for his lynch about him potentially being a jester.

Even if I didn't know prior what jester was I surely would have after all that.

Your request was noise. It was not scumhunting, and it was not helpful.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10776 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 9, Vote Count #4

Current Vote Count:

(1)
Giovanni il Pellegrino -- PeregrineV
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(0)
Almost50
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Giovanni il Pellegrino, Ankamius, BigYoshiFan, Almost50, JaeReed

With 6 votes available, it takes 4 votes to hammer.

Day 9 Will End on Saturday, January 28th, at 8 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-28 20:00:00)

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10777 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:27 am

Post by JaeReed »

I kind of think it's Yoshi?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10778 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10775, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10770, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10748, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10746, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10733, JaeReed wrote:Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
Can you link me to a game you played that had a Jester in it?
Why?
It's day9, I think it's lylo, and there's not point to rhetorical questions that do not aid in locating scum.

So, I take your question as serious, and it makes me wonder why you are asking it.

You must have played in a game with a Jester in lylo, so I want to read that game and the lylo portion, and see how you reacted, and how town and scum dealt with the whole thing.
1) Why do you think it's lylo?
Because if not, then it would be designed as a 19-2-1 game. Most games are not purposefully designed to be lopsided, as a normal course of things.

Why would you think it's not lylo?
In post 10775, JaeReed wrote:2) My question was serious, yes. I wanted to know whether I was actively hindering A50's ability to win the game by insisting he live. He was either town or jester. If town then I don't want him lynched. If Jester it becomes a question of whether I believe it's mylo/lylo.
So, your serious question to Almost50 was "Almost50, do you have a role that wins when you get lynched?"
In post 10775, JaeReed wrote:3) Why must I have played in a game with a jester in lylo?
Because a Jester in lylo has lost.
And I don't think you know what the role really is.
Do you mean something else?
And day9 is a horrible day for day1 questions.
In post 10775, JaeReed wrote:I don't think whether I've played with a jester before has any bearing to me asking A50 that question. I don't believe you seriously believe that it does, either, or that you seriously think that I have to have played with a jester before in order to ask whether A50 is one.

This is for a two main big reasons.
A) We have a wiki.
B) People were speculating in this thread while A50 was campaigning for his lynch about him potentially being a jester.

Even if I didn't know prior what jester was I surely would have after all that.

Your request was noise. It was not scumhunting, and it was not helpful.
Yes, I am trying to ascertain if you REALLY mean the question to Almost50.

If you do, walk me through what is means to the gamestate if Almost50 IS a Jester. The worst one ever played in the history of ever, but a bonafide Jester.

And then-

Walk me through what it means if he is NOT a Jester.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10779 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10767, Almost50 wrote:Because the MOD told us a NEW faction has been CREATED. That's why.

And if the members of the faction knew all along they would or could be culted, then we should be lynching YOU today because you are the one who refused to vote Maxous. You don't think someone who KNEW they would be culted upon Maxous' lynch would actually be enthusiastic about switching their alignment and voting him, would you? Even if they didn't know Maxous was their leader they must've suspected it with both his character and role claim, which must've made it apparently clear to them that THIS is their leader, and guess what? PV DID vote Maxous.
I never voted him. I didn't like his waffling on his wincon, but I believed he was 3p and was actively scumhunting.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10780 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 7741, Skullduggery wrote:
Day 6 Begins Now

Current Vote Count:

(0)
SirCakez
(0)
Giovanni il Pellegrino
(0)
MathBlade
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(0)
Accountant
(0)
Not Chara
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(0)
Narna
(0)
Almost50
(0)
Pine
(0)
Creeps20

Not Voting:
SirCakez, Giovanni il Pellegrino, MathBlade, PeregrineV, Nahdia, Accountant, Not Chara, Ankamius, BigYoshiFan, Narna, Almost50, Pine, Creeps20

With 13 votes available, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Day 6 Will End on Monday, December 26th, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-12-26 21:00:00)
And because I'm not totally unreasonable, then with 13 people on day 5, if a scum team was "created", then for balance purposes it would probably be 3, because 3 is normal in a 13 player game.

That still means 2 scum left, which still means lylo.

If everyone wants to say anyone could have been converted to scum, then if I were Maxous, I'd convert the strongest roles, like Inventor, investigator, etc.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10781 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:12 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 10777, JaeReed wrote:I kind of think it's Yoshi?
Why?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10782 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 10780, PeregrineV wrote: If everyone wants to say anyone could have been converted to scum, then if I were Maxous, I'd convert the strongest roles, like Inventor, investigator, etc.
So, who do you think would be converted to scum based on this? JaeReed was cleared as vanilla, but cleared again by MathBlade which means they weren't culted. Gio had his claim out there. Ank had his claim out there (I think). I hadn't claimed. You didn't claim. A50... uhhhh, he had his roleclaim out there but not his role's function I believe.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10783 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

If A50 is jester, we hunt scum.
If A50 is town, we hunt scum.
Isn't it that simple?
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10784 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 10771, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10750, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 10747, PeregrineV wrote: You misplayed the role 3 times in a row. Both aspects of your claimed role. So 6 times. Even after being called out on it by me the first time.

I don't believe in the Max cult thing, so scum since the beginning.
I get that he misplayed the "weak" modifier, but how in just being a watcher?
His last one was watching the town player that claimed jailkeeper? Just like Mathblade the night before? I don't get the point, nor the town motivation in doing so.

Who were his first 2 again, and I can probably tell why they were crap, or admit they weren't.

But the important part, the "weak" part, was misplayed so horribly it makes it hard to believe Gio is town.
His first two were Maxous and Narna.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10785 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 10775, JaeReed wrote: 2) My question was serious, yes. I wanted to know whether I was actively hindering A50's ability to win the game by insisting he live. He was either town or jester. If town then I don't want him lynched. If Jester it becomes a question of whether I believe it's mylo/lylo.
If A50 was a jester, why would he reveal?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10786 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10785, BigYoshiFan wrote:If A50 was a jester, why would he reveal?
Because if I was I'd need to get lynched to win, which -at this point- would coincide with the Town win con (lynch ALL non-Town). If I was a Jester it would be 4-1-1 at this time (or 3-2-1 if you follow PV's theory, which -if true- means we have lost already, so bear with me). If we are at 4-1-1 the Town needs to lynch the other 2, but the Jester ALSO wants to get lynched, so it would have been a win-win if I was a Jester and claimed it.

Now the reason I cannot be a Jester is EXACTLY that. You cannot tell the town to lynch ALL non-Town and then toss in a Jester who DOES need to get lynched to win. This totally negates the "Anti-Town" nature of the Jester Role, and makes it more of a Town-sided 3P role, aiming for the same goal of the time.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10787 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 10786, Almost50 wrote:
In post 10785, BigYoshiFan wrote:If A50 was a jester, why would he reveal?
Because if I was I'd need to get lynched to win, which -at this point- would coincide with the Town win con (lynch ALL non-Town). If I was a Jester it would be 4-1-1 at this time (or 3-2-1 if you follow PV's theory, which -if true- means we have lost already, so bear with me). If we are at 4-1-1 the Town needs to lynch the other 2, but the Jester ALSO wants to get lynched, so it would have been a win-win if I was a Jester and claimed it.

Now the reason I cannot be a Jester is EXACTLY that.
You cannot tell the town to lynch ALL non-Town and then toss in a Jester who DOES need to get lynched to win.
This totally negates the "Anti-Town" nature of the Jester Role, and makes it more of a Town-sided 3P role, aiming for the same goal of the time.
Right... makes sense. Completely forgot the wording of our wincons which would mean this.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10788 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I think that the role A50 describes suggests that we are at LYLO. For the theory that the scumteam existed prior to Maxous' lynch: If there was only 2 in that scumteam, killing/hammering his role would be absolutely devastating for them.
Also, what if Maxous had killed/hammered A50? Does he not get to cult? Perhaps Maxous had an immunity to A50's role to avoid this.
His role is pretty swingy as he describes it, assuming it's true.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10789 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10786, Almost50 wrote:Now the reason I cannot be a Jester is EXACTLY that. You cannot tell the town to lynch ALL non-Town and then toss in a Jester who DOES need to get lynched to win. This totally negates the "Anti-Town" nature of the Jester Role, and makes it more of a Town-sided 3P role, aiming for the same goal of the time.
Not quite. A jester can just refuse to solve the game in order to get lynched. They don't have to work with town to solve the game and in fact it doesn't benefit them to because they want to be lynched, not nightkilled. You probably would have claimed your role earlier to discourage a nightkill attempt on you there though. Instead iirc you were trying to actually bait it at one stage.

But yeah, it was either A50 as jester or just flat town. If Jester I'd think about lynching him because 4-1-1 seems plausible there given people better at setup spec have mentioned thinking there was only one more scum. Lynch Jester for 3-1 after nightkill.
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10790 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 am

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

In post 10773, PeregrineV wrote:Dunno.

Dunno.

Tell me the relevance.
I wasn't the one suggesting that the culting thing was nonsense.
In post 10771, PeregrineV wrote:His last one was watching the town player that claimed jailkeeper? Just like Mathblade the night before? I don't get the point, nor the town motivation in doing so.
Mathblade had a one-shot active ability which allowed me to get a result on the type of action he performed. They also asked to be checked by me that night, because of the one-shot action they had.

Nahdia was the only one left with an active ability that would let me get a result on the type of action performed.

Both had people suspecting them, while I was townreading them. I targeted them to clear things up.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10791 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 10790, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:
In post 10773, PeregrineV wrote:Dunno.

Dunno.

Tell me the relevance.
I wasn't the one suggesting that the culting thing was nonsense.
In post 10771, PeregrineV wrote:His last one was watching the town player that claimed jailkeeper? Just like Mathblade the night before? I don't get the point, nor the town motivation in doing so.
Mathblade had a one-shot active ability which allowed me to get a result on the type of action he performed. They also asked to be checked by me that night, because of the one-shot action they had.

Nahdia was the only one left with an active ability that would let me get a result on the type of action performed.

Both had people suspecting them, while I was townreading them. I targeted them to clear things up.
Which brings us back to the fact that you have provided zero information from the use of your role.

Anyways, you're lucky no one else seems interested in your lynch.

And my attempts at killing apathy are done.

Unvote.

Go get'em Gio!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10792 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:55 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In my ever so humble opinion, I have never played with a Jester that did not try to be lynch day1 or day2 at a minimum.

But, then again, I erroneously assume optimal play whenever possible from other mafia players.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10793 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

So, anyone interested in scumhunting, I need help from my point of view.

2 of you are scum, 3 of you are not. (these are my numbers that I believe)

Assume your culting thing, numbers would still be the same (13 players when Max dies= 3 mafia).

Who do you pick as Maxous to give your scumteam the best chance to win?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10794 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Is there still a neighborhood? Who is left in it?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10795 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 am

Post by Ankamius »

JaeReed, BigYoshiFan, and I are in the neighborhood. You, Almost50, and Giovanni il Pellegrino do not have access.

I'm with JaeReed in suspecting that BigYoshiFan is likely the mole. I've been suspicious that there has been one since I revealed during the night what I expected was going to happen from how I saw the gamestate and there was a pretty significant push away from that today.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10796 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

I might have been incorrect in assuming I'd be the designated mislynch and Giovanni might have been the designated mislynch instead. If that's true, then a lot of what Almost50 and BigYoshiFan did today makes more sense.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10797 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

I think it's time to look through Day 6 again.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10798 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Ankamius »

Day 7*
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor