Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 3720, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Yes it is. Find me a game where in MYLO going out of your way to call the scum team results in good things for Town. All it does is allows for scum to make sure that any mis-reads on teams are capitalized on.

Do you disagree with my read on Zefiend? If you do and want to discuss I’m certainly down with that.
Do you disagree with my read on Nero? Same offer applies.

But don’t grandstand me for not saying “Here are the three scum BAM”. I don’t operate that way and probably you should know that regardless of which head this is …
We don't disagree with your zefiend read.
We do disagree with your Nero read.

I'll go back to something mastina brought up a while ago.
In post 3414, mastina wrote:
In post 3159, Nero Cain wrote:you
KNOW
this is townNero so why would a presumably townMastin pretend like she doesn't know that?
To be honest: I need to refresh my memory on your scumgame.

Like.

It used to be simple.

You and Antihero both had the same tell: lurking. It was a very strong, VERY reliable tell. You lurked, you were scum; you did stuff, you weren't scum.

Tell me, does that tell still hold true?
I did some research and the short answer is "yes."
The longer, more detailed answer is that in the recent past, Nero does appear to struggle as scum a little bit. Here's three recent town games of his: Street Fighter, Mini Normal 1829, and Mini 1839. In all of them, he was one of the top posters. Even in the mini games, he racked up a post count in the triple digits. Contrast this to recent scumgames: Dragon Age Mafia (part of the 100 Percent Ego hydra), Mini 1848, and Large Normal 199. In those, he's doesn't get beyond the middle of the pack in the activity overview. In two of them, he's below even the mod.

I looked over his ISOs from the scum games and it looks like Nero attempts to project an "aggressive" tone at points, but overall they're relatively meek. Probably most strikingly, I don't really see Nero's indignation at not being followed ( among others) fitting into his scum game. I also don't think Nero would kill Infinity. Infinity wasn't scumreading Nero and likely wouldn't be in the near future. Drunken Piper would've been a much more immediate threat.
In post 3730, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Heartless – How in the hell are you floating Mastin interactions re: Pine at me with Nero’s completely scummy Day 1-2 interactions and Aero’s complete active lurking / lack of any read on Pine?
We think mastina is town, mostly due to her interactions with Pine. The reason I'm pestering you is see what
you
have to say.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

bussing aside, Mastins claim is fake and MOI's use of his action and his response about why he used said action on Heartless instead of Mastin is pro-scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by mastina »

Apologies.
I need to take another day off.
It's just that I've been suffering a lot more than normal with this sickness. (It's possible that it's not a normal cold. I felt a little feverish multiple times today and this would be one way of explaining why temperature's been a problem for me because too hot then too cold then too hot.) I've got my eye on the deadline for today, which is over ten days from now, so I know I can afford to take my time resting/recovering.

Now ideally I wouldn't lay a last-minute vote.
I want to read the entire thread.
And also reread the thread.
Also, I want to do pair analysis, giving a list of trios and how likely or rather unlikely they would be and why. I actually think this might hold more importance than the reread, though I think getting up to date on the game thread would come first.

Still, all the same: sickness still sucks. Still is here. And needs to not be here. Resting/recovering seems to be something which should take priority over giving content at this very moment.

I'm now somewhat skeptical of my body's ability to fight this off by tomorrow (and even if I did, there's family night then, plus a tae kwon do test tomorrow), but I THINK there's nothing on Saturday? So I'm hoping to have bested this battle by then.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Heartless »

Get better mastina! <3
Health is more important than a dumb internet game.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no it isn't :igmeou:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

This thread needs more TWIE and BBMolla committing to who is scum and where to vote.

--
In post 3750, Heartless wrote:We don't disagree with your zefiend read.
We do disagree with your Nero read.
So let’s discuss …

Do you think Zefiend and I are partners? I mean … the fact that you have your vote parked on me says you do given the above but I’d like confirmation that is what you think.

As for your Nero meta read – meh. He was scum in Death Note Mafia and in the top 7 posters for the entire game despite being lynched Day 1. How did this game escape your meta read?

I don’t see Town is his attacking everyone for suspecting Pine Day 1 and Day 2. I don’t see Town for his “scum read” on Mastin for pushing on Pine for two straight days. Frankly the entirety of his “Case” on Titus / me and Mastin is just repeating “this is scum” over and over. If you want to actually discuss things that happened in this game as opposed to “meta” I’m happy to.

--
In post 3748, Nero Cain wrote:multiple town wagons happen all the time. Why does Cakes-Zfiend
have
to be TvS and who were the scum that got got Cakez pushed over Zfiend?
And wagons on scum happen all the time also … nice generalization bullshit ….

Seriously is anyone buying the “Zefiend is just a scummy easy mislynch” given how Zefiend has yet to get pushed through given the large swath of players who think he’s scum?[*]
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 3755, MagnaofIllusion wrote:As for your Nero meta read – meh. He was scum in Death Note Mafia and in the top 7 posters for the entire game despite being lynched Day 1. How did this game escape your meta read?
he was sk there. we were looking @ single ball.

sk meta is going to be closer to town meta than scum meta anyway
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 3755, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I don’t see Town is his attacking everyone for suspecting Pine Day 1 and Day 2.
^what's the narrative w this?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 3755, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Do you think Zefiend and I are partners? I mean … the fact that you have your vote parked on me says you do given the above but I’d like confirmation that is what you think.
yep
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:26 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 3274, TheWayItEnds wrote:id be pretty okay with zefiend titus or molla lynches i think
im still here tbh.

but im also re-taking a look at nero.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 3747, Nero Cain wrote:but lets talk more about 1v1s. You claimed b/c you don't think that your and Mollas role can't exist together. Why did you never go after him?
Part of my claim was to ask the rogue crew if knowing their power, Molla made sense with his claim and mine both in the game. Why I didn't pursue that is mostly because most of the rogue crew figured it was possible for Molla's role to exist in conjunction to mine and even DP's.

As for Zefiend, his reads are so incredibly generic and for someone who is a technical veteran, he's felt maybe more lost than me. That's really not supposed to be possible, I am one of, if not THE, worst large player on site considering experience.

So when I see this:
In post 3701, ɀefiend wrote:No need to convince me of anything, really. The dispersion of powers and claims makes me fairly confident about my guess that one of AJ/BB is scum. And with mastina's constant pushing on BB, it's pretty obvious who I think it is. AJ and MOI have actively engaged in vote-parking on me because I was a fairly attackable mislynch when heartless and Infinity were pressuring me hard. It's probably no coincidence that mastina constantly calls me (and other townies) scum, but avoids wagons at all costs.

mastina + MOI + AJ is where I'm at right now.

VOTE: MOI
Bullshit. This is appeasement, no one should ever have the exact same reads and even town who gets wagoned is going to understand they've got to do a better analysis being town than "yeah they voted me". "And other townies" is used in his post, but in fact he doesn't do anything different from you for town reads: POE. PoE is a FUCKING COP OUT. Say it with me. That is the scum 101 way to have another lynch after the winds change.

Oh and speaking of winds changing....
In post 2361, ɀefiend wrote:The feeling when {Infinity, SirCakez, mastina} are unironically the scumteam. Wow.
Wow indeed. Unperturbed by his complete whiffs, he develops two new reads to replace the ones that died.

Oh and...?
In post 2942, ɀefiend wrote:Now this post gives me pause.

Maybe Cakez/Infinity/BBMolla?
Oh no! BBMolla was magically dropped from the scum reads in his nonsense 3 man scum assumptions. Which btw is funny because how the fuck does he keep assuming three?

Then this:
In post 3743, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 3742, Aj The Epic wrote:Well you've been roughly adamant that it was a double town wagon between cakez and Zefiend, which i'm fairly certain isn't true.
Says the guy who had equal nonchalance in wagoning both of us...
Just ignores that I scumread Cakez most of day 1 and was really unimpressed with both aero and zefiend's play on that slot. Zefiend and Aero both only ever had super uncontroversial reads and never pushed the boundaries for anything more than that. And there was zero unique things about those reads, just "Hey I think they're town for reasons town has openly stated they're town for".

There's actually a solid lack of townreading ANYONE in Zefiend's iso.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:43 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 3750, Heartless wrote:We think mastina is town, mostly due to her interactions with Pine. The reason I'm pestering you is see what you have to say.
Which interactions in particular
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3759, TheWayItEnds wrote:but im also re-taking a look at nero
Why other than being sore that I called you useless?

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Heartless, do you have any reason to suspect MOI over Zefiend or care what order?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Vote Count 5.04

Zefiend [2] MagnaofIllusion, Aj The Epic
MagnaofIllusion [2] Nero Cain, Zefiend, Heartless

Not Voting - [3] TheWayItEnds, Mastina, BBMolla

With 8 Alive, It Takes 5 To Lynch.

Heartless is Loved.

Rogue Leader Vote:

Mod Notes - May the flavor be with you.

Day 5 ends in (expired on 2017-03-06 22:26:20)!
Last edited by Firebringer on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3760, Aj The Epic wrote:Part of my claim was to ask the rogue crew if knowing their power, Molla made sense with his claim and mine both in the game. Why I didn't pursue that is mostly because most of the rogue crew figured it was possible for Molla's role to exist in conjunction to mine and even DP's.

:igmeou: This is an appeal to authority. So what do you think about Mastina who
DOESN'T
think that both yours and BB's role coexists together?
As for Zefiend, his reads are so incredibly generic and for someone who is a technical veteran, he's felt maybe more lost than me. That's really not supposed to be possible, I am one of, if not THE, worst large player on site considering experience.
lol. This is fucking horrible. Its basically a "he' shouldn't have bad reads! but its ok that I've had bad reads b/c I'm horrible!" This is junk.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3763, Aj The Epic wrote:Heartless, do you have any reason to suspect MOI over Zefiend or care what order?
Whats has MOI/Titus do that made you stop scum reading them?

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 3761, BBmolla wrote:
In post 3750, Heartless wrote:We think mastina is town, mostly due to her interactions with Pine. The reason I'm pestering you is see what you have to say.
Which interactions in particular
IN GENERAL

first, in general, i don't think it's likely mastin would bus here the way she did. bussing should really only be done when absolutely necessary, when there's no way you won't get away with NOT doing it. in this case, mastin probably just would've entered calling pine town. being scum and having a buddy not be scumread is a LUXURY, one that you don't just throw away. mastin knows this.

IN PARTICULAR

i think it'd be difficult for ginpine and mastina to pull of what they did as scum theater.

here's gin's first reaction:
In post 517, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:How do you look at blank votes and pick what is town and what isn't town?

/Gin
no mention of mastina's pine read (so it won't LOOK like an omgus, and why would he care about that? if she's town and he's scum.)

he undercuts mastina's process and way of going about giving reads. he doesn't go after mastina herself. he goes after her credibility. that's how you deal w a real threat bc regardless of if ppl town or scumread mastin they need to think her reads can't be trusted.

then comes pine's reaction (where he takes this almost-taunting tone... which is itself kind of telling)
In post 562, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:So continues the hilariously long history of Mastina being completely unable to read me correct. At least she's Town this game.

Pine
In post 606, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:
In post 579, Titus wrote:
In post 520, mastina wrote:
In post 153, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:Boring game is boring. Star Wars should not be boring. Moar Titus votes.
Fuckit.

VOTE: Pine.
When I get a chance to lynch a scum Pine.

Yer damn right I'm gonna take that chance to lynch his scummy ass.
Waaaait...Mastina's here too...

Why does my pc break when all the legends are here?
Yeah, right?
In post 584, mastina wrote:
In post 562, Pine-A-Tonics wrote:At least she's Town this game.
Yes I am! You, however, are your usual scumfuck self!
Which should really tell you that I'm Town. Come on, Mastina, you know as well as I do that your instincts with me are routinely backwards.
it's a little bit of a different approach then gin, but it works towards the same goal: get across the message that mastin's read cannot be trusted.

why use this approach and do this if they knew the read was bullshit anyway?

they wouldn't.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3763, Aj The Epic wrote:Heartless, do you have any reason to suspect MOI over Zefiend or care what order?
Translation:
Don't lynch my buddy!

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Heartless »

no to both
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TTH, you know that scum pushing their buddy is a solid scum tactic and happens rather often right?

I don't really think that her reasons she has given really make me think that that's not an impossibility.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3760, Aj The Epic wrote:no one should ever have the exact same reads
bullshit. There are plenty of times when town agree with each other. And if "players having the same reads as each other" is a scumtell for you then what is your thoughts on MOI having the same "Nero/Z are scum, Heartless and Mastina are town"?
In post 3760, Aj The Epic wrote:PoE is a FUCKING COP OUT
I
POE
town read people all the time. I'd even wager that I'm not the only townie to ever
POE
town read players. Why don't you explain your town reads.

In post 3760, Aj The Epic wrote:Just ignores that I scumread Cakez most of day 1 and was really unimpressed with both aero and zefiend's play on that slot
I agree with him. You didn't care who flipped. You confirmed as much today. You do know that going "one of these is scum" is also a great play for scum to chain lynch.

I would like to hear you talk about your reads on MOI, Mastina, TWIE and BB.

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

You're stating the fucking obvious Nero, I said two days ago I didn't care who flipped.

I've never had a hard scumread on Titus. I don't get why you're implying as much. My issue is it's hard to get an independent read on something when the only shit I hear you spew for 4 days is "oh yeah Titus/MOI is scum".

And yes I appealed to the rogue crew because
I don't know their abilities
so they'd be better able to judge it with a more full setup knowledge. Jesus it's fairly obvious to that point. Also I don't know individual nuances of setup and how they affect game design (I've never modded), just general power level differences.

Honestly I don't have a TWIE read because he's been so off the radar and unimportant. I'm running on a BBmolla town assumption due to the small VT roles that would've been given away if a vanillizer was used on them. So scum either wasted a night and did nothing for a gambit that was fairly low reward or actually used their power, which is far more likely. I still think Mastina's town.

I don't have a hard read on MOI either way. As stated above, hard to do when one of the most active players is a one track mind and won't even respond to the one seemingly-town post Moi had (specifically on you).
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 3772, Aj The Epic wrote:Honestly I don't have a TWIE read because he's been so off the radar and unimportant.
these things are true

BUT we were thinking
In post 1795, TheWayItEnds wrote:2 kills with dead vig is interesting.
about day 3 daybreak.

he noted the extra kill when and if he were scum he would have already known where the extra kill came from. the double post in quick succession comes off as a genuine musing and why would you bother faking a "townslip" when only the rogue crew could've known it was a "townslip" at the time

more likely twie's town
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades