Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

The Battle is Over...

The Battle for Moonbase Woodgate is over. The The Space Monkeys have made a potentially decisive strike, securing control of a tactically crucial base from which they can now launch strikes deep into the heart of the Gorilla's Territory. The Gorila/Space Pig Axis must now regroup and decide whether to sue for peace or launch a counterattack...

GAME OVER: Space Monkeys and Traitor Pigs win!
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Oh, so Mgm actually
was
loyal. I guess he just played terribly, then.

I'm kind of disappointed that the scum won pretty much entirely by lurking. Given that I lurked for so much of the game, though, it would probably be hypocritical to criticise them too much for it.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

ROLES

MrBuddyLee, mikeburnfire (replaced Shy Guy), and Adel were the Space Monkey Commandos

MrBuddyLee, mikeburnfire (replaced Shy Guy) and AdelROLE: SPACE MONKEY COMMANDO

You are a member of the elite Space Monkey Commando Unit, a warrior in the struggle against the evil Gorillas. Your unit comprises Adel, MrBuddyLee and Shy Guy.

Here are your mission briefings from Space Monkey High Command:
++++HIGH COMMAND MISSION BRIEFING++++
++MESSAGE BEGINS++
1> SPACE PIGS HAVE SIGNED ALLIANCE WITH THE ENEMY
2> PROCEED TO MOONBASE WOODGATE COORDINATES TO FOLLOW
3> KILL ALL SPACE PIGS
4> SECURE MOONBASE
++MESSAGE ENDS++
++++HIGH COMMAND MISSION BRIEFING SUPPLEMENTAL++++
++MESSAGE BEGINS++
1> SPACE PIGS LOYAL TO OUR CAUSE HAVE INFILTRATED MOONBASE WOODGATE
2> THEY WILL MAKE CONTACT WITH YOU ON ARRIVAL
3> PROTECT OUR ALLIES IF POSSIBLE
4> CHECK SUPPLIES OF APPLE SAUCE TO ACCOMPANY PORK CHOPS
++MESSAGE ENDS++
You may speak with the other Space Monkeys, and with the Space Pigs who are loyal to your cause (called “Traitor Pigs”) on this forum: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/ceJ49qSeTH7.

Each day (starting with Day 1), one Space Monkey or Traitor Pig may PM me the name of a player to kill. The kill will happen as soon as I receive the PM. The person sending the PM will be the killer.

PLEASE NOTE: I will announce in the thread that the deceased was killed by a Space Monkey or Space Pig (as the case may be).

So that you do not have to worry about being killed before you have used your own kill, if you are last Space Monkey alive, and you are killed, I will give them a chance to use your kill in retaliation if you have not already used it that day (this does not apply if you are lynched).

You win when Moonbase Woodgate is in the hands of the Space Monkeys and/or the Traitor Pigs.

Please confirm by PM.

Kison, The FonzROLE: SPACE PIG TECHNICIAN (TRAITOR)

You are a Space Pig, employed as a technician on Moonbase Woodgate.

You are also a Traitorous spy for the Space Monkeys!

The Space Pigs have signed an alliance with the evil Gorillas, and you must work with the Space Monkeys to defeat the Gorilla/Space Pig Alliance. You may speak with the Space Monkeys and any other Traitor Pigs at night on this forum: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/ceJ49qSeTH7.

Each day (starting with Day 1), one Space Monkey or Traitor Pig may PM me the name of a player to kill. The kill will happen as soon as I receive the PM. The person sending the PM will be the killer.

PLEASE NOTE: I will announce in the thread that the deceased was killed by a Space Monkey or Space Pig (as the case may be).

So that you do not have to worry about being killed before you have used your own kill, if you are the last Traitor Pig alive, and you are killed, I will give you a chance to use your kill in retaliation if you have not already used it that day (this does not apply if you are lynched).

You win when Moonbase Woodgate is in the hands of the Space Monkeys and/or their allies.

Please confirm in the thread.

oobaROLE: SPACE PIG MEDIC (TRAITOR)

You are a Space Pig, the Medical Officer on Moonbase Woodgate.

As the Medical Officer, you may protect one Space Pig each day from attack. You may protect yourself once in this game. Starting with Day 0, PM me each day to tell me whom (if anyone) you wish to protect the following day.

You are also a Traitorous spy for the Space Monkeys!

The Space Pigs have signed an alliance with the evil Gorillas, and you must work with the Space Monkeys to defeat the Gorilla/Space Pig Alliance. You may speak with the Space Monkeys and any other Traitor Pigs at night on this forum: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/ceJ49qSeTH7.

Each day (starting with Day 1), one Space Monkey or Traitor Pig may PM me the name of a player to kill. The kill will happen as soon as I receive the PM. The person sending the PM will be the killer. You may not kill and protect on the same day.

So that you do not have to worry about being killed before you have used your own kill, if you are the last Traitor Pig alive, and you are killed, I will give you a chance to use your kill in retaliation if you have not already used it that day (this does not apply if you are lynched, or (of course) if you are using your protection that day).

You win when Moonbase Woodgate is in the hands of the Space Monkeys and/or the Traitor Pigs.

Please confirm in the thread and send me your Day 1 choice by PM.

dahill1, DrippingGoofball and ZombieSlayer54ROLE: GORILLA SOLDIER

You are a member of the elite Gorilla Space Assault Squad, a warrior in the campaign to destroy the miserable Space Monkeys. Your squad consists of dahill1, DrippingGoofball and ZombieSlayer54.

Here is your mission briefing from Gorilla Supreme Headquarters.
#MESSAGE HEADER J38G5VB8Q9M#
#SPACE PIGS HAVE JOINED US IN OUR FIGHT AGAINST THE ENEMY#
#MISSION OBJECTIVES FOLLOW#
#OBJECTIVE ONE LAND MOONBASE WOODGATE#
#OBJECTIVE TWO SECURE MOONBASE WOODGATE AGAINST ENEMY ATTACK#
#OBJECTIVE THREE PROTECT OUR ALLIES THE SPACE PIGS#
#END J38G5VB8Q9M#
You may speak with the other Gorilla Soldiers on this forum: http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/48YJXYcm7Chda.

Each day (starting with Day 1), one Gorilla may PM me the name of a player to kill. The kill will happen as soon as I receive the PM. The person sending the PM will be the killer.

PLEASE NOTE: I will announce in the thread that the deceased was killed by a Gorilla.

So that you do not have to worry about being killed before you have used your own kill, Iif you are the last Gorilla alive, and you are killed, I will give you a chance to use your kill in retaliation if you have not already used it that day (this does not apply if you are lynched).

You win when Moonbase Woodgate is in the hands of the Gorillas and/or the Loyal Space Pigs.

Please confirm by PM.

Natirasha (replaced LoudmouthLee)ROLE: SPACE PIG CHIEF SCIENTIFIC OFFICER (LOYAL)

You are a Loyal Space Pig, employed as the Chief Scientific Officer on Moonbase Woodgate.

You win when Moonbase Woodgate is in the hands of the Loyal Space Pigs and/or their allies.

LawrencelotROLE: SPACE PIG INTELLIGENCE OFFICER (LOYAL TRACKER)

You are a Loyal Space Pig, the Intelligence Officer on Moonbase Woodgate.

Each day you may follow one Space Pig to see whether, and if so whom, they target at night. Each day (starting with Day 0) PM me the name of the player you want to follow the next day. You will get your results at the end of the day.

You win when Moonbase Woodgate is in the hands of the Loyal Space Pigs and/or their allies.

Erg0ROLE: SPACE PIG SECURITY OFFICER (LOYAL WATCHER)

You are a Loyal Space Pig,the Security Officer on Moonbase Woodgate.

Each day you may use the security systems to watch one Space Pig and see who targets them that night. Each day (starting with Day 0) PM me the name of the player you want to watch the next day. You will get your results at the end of the day.

everyone elseROLE: SPACE PIG TECHNICIAN (LOYAL)

You are a Loyal Space Pig, employed as a technician on Moonbase Woodgate.

Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

CHOICES, etc

Choices whose effect takes place the day after notification to the Mod are recorded under the day on which the effect actually occurred – the day after the Mod was notified.

DAY 1:

Lawrencelot tracked Oman
Erg0 watched LoudmouthLee
ooba didn’t protect
DrippgingGoofball killed MrBuddyLee
Shy Guy killed DrippgingGoofball
Nocmen was lynched

DAY 2:

ooba protected The Fonz
Lawrencelot tracked The Fonz
Erg0 did not send in a choice
ZombieSlayer54 killed Rishi
Adel killed dahill1
Gorrad was lynched

DAY 3:

ooba protected Sarcastro
Erg0 watched Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot tracked Natirasha
mikeburnfire killed Natirasha
ZombieSlayer54 killed mikeburnfire
Adel was lynched

DAY 4:

Erg0 watched The Fonz
Lawrencelot didn’t send in a choice in time
ooba killed Lawrencelot
ZombieSlayer54 killed
No lynch

DAY 5:

ooba protected The Fonz
Erg0 did not send in a choice
ZombieSlayer54 killed armlx
Kison killed ZombieSlayer54
shaft/ed was lynched
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

*cackles*

I take no credit whatsoever for this victory. Nice work, gents. The Traitor Pigs played very well, from what I saw.

I'm interested to see people's takes on Adel and Shy Guy's play.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Adel wrote:sarcasto's plan of keeping two monkeys alive and 3 gorillas alive for as long as possible, and directing both kills against scummy-pigs is game-breaking in my opinion. I don't know how we can prevent it. we need to talk about this, and I really want to hear the fonz's opinion on what we should do.
Goddammit I'm awesome.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

And spell my fucking name right, Adel.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

And I knew Shy Guy was faking it.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Kison »

Sarcastro wrote:Oh, so Mgm actually
was
loyal. I guess he just played terribly, then.

I'm kind of disappointed that the scum won pretty much entirely by lurking. Given that I lurked for so much of the game, though, it would probably be hypocritical to criticise them too much for it.
Hmm? I really tried not to lurk. It was terribly difficult in the early game because of the massive amount of reading that was required to keep up. This was because Adel, Shy Guy, and christ, DGB were overflowing the thread with their back and forths. Towards the end, Shaft.ed and I were the only two who were consistently playing the game. I do feel this was a bit of a lame way to win... Had everyone been consistently participating, then I think we'd have had a lot more trouble. Props to Shaft.ed for duking it out until the bitter end.

Two questions for Stoofer whenever he has time :

1) What could Natirasha do exactly?

2) What was the penalty for armlx's post-death post?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

1) Nothing. It was just a Townie-with-flavour role, to keep you all guessing. Don't expect to see Natirasha in any of my games in the future.

2)I took away Erg0's next investigation.
Last edited by Mr Stoofer on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Good game. I wouldn't have guessed Kison and Fonz were traitor pigs. I did realize ooba had a power role from the moment I claimed, it was kind of obvious, but that also made me think he was not a traitor pig, so I guess the traitor pigs did a good job? Turns out my role was still as useless as I expected... unless I would have survived till endgame of course.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Mod thoughts

Well, even though the Space Pigs did manage to work out who their allies were, I think it was a mistake for the them to keep the warring Simians alive. The game was balanced on the basis that the Space Monkeys and the Gorillas would wipe each other out within the first 3 days. Thereafter the Setup would be: 3 Scum (Traitor Pigs), 1 Watcher, 1 Tracker and 9 Townies, plus no Scum-kills for the first 3 days (because the Traitors could not kill while the Space Monkeys were killing off the Gorillas). The Town have a pretty good chance in such a scenario IMHO.

Instead, the Town wasted a lot of thoughtpower on working out which Simians were their allies, which did not assist one little bit in finding traitors -- not surprisingly, in my view. I never thought that the Loyal Pigs would be able to spot links between Monkeys and Traitors and so it proved.

Also, keeping a "proven vig" alive was, as I expected it would be, a disastrous mistake, since he just went around killing innocent Space Pigs. The Loyal Pigs would have been much better off with him dead; even if they had ended up lynching his targets, the information gained from those lynches could well have helped find the Traitors.

The way to win this game, I think, would be to remove the confusing elements by getting rid of the two killing factions ASAP. I think the Traitors earned their win because they skilfully exploited the confusion that was allowed to develop.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Jesus H Christ could I have been any more wrong in this game! The entire MBF wagon was f'ing town and Kison was the scum. God I'm an idiot.

I take full responsibility for my part in this loss. Sarc you shouldn't feel at all bad for mislynching me. I was playing so poorly.

And as promised *
wags finger at The Fonz and Kison
* I knew bus'ing was the "ideal" move as scum in your positions, but I didn't act on it. I should have taken you up on your offer to lynch your buddy.

At least I got MGM right.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

Sarcastro wrote:Ugh, Kison and The Fonz had a combined five posts in the last week. Way to lurk to victory.

And yes, I know I'm just bitter.
Wasn't a tactic- I was away for half the week, and I'm not kidding about my access nightmare. I got home at about 2am local time last night, and then spent about half an hour trying to get a couple of minute's access so that i could vote before deadline.

That said, y'know, if it had been a tactic, it woulda worked.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Like I said, I'm just bitter right now, mostly because I'm angry with myself.

Stoofer, I disagree that we made a mistake by trying to keep both factions alive. I especially disagree that it was a mistake to keep ZS alive. In what possible way is having a vig
bad
for the town? Obviously it didn't exactly go well this time, but in balance terms I don't understand how you can make the argument that having a vig is on the whole a disadvantage.

The problem to me was, more than anything, a lack of organisation (which is something that seems to be common in large games, as exemplified by the Bad Idea games). I had to spend half the game just trying to get everyone to listen to what I was saying. And even then, people ignored the whole "look for traitors and ignore the simians" part, instead spending the whole time dicking around.

Had people been intelligent, organised, and responsible (and this includes the Gorillas not coming out of the gates by attacking the Monkeys), I still believe keeping the simians alive for as long as possible would be the optimal play. All three kills come under town control, which means the Monkeys have to reveal themselves immediately or help the town. The worst case scenario is that they get two kills off (probably both on the Gorillas) and the town is still left with at least an extra vig. Best case scenario is that they play suboptimally and actually try to pretend that they're town.

Of course, all this depends upon people being intelligent, organised, and responsible, so I have no idea why I thought it would work.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Sarcastro »

And why the hell did Natirasha claim an ability?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Adel »

gg: I enjoyed my pork sandwich.

Kison's play was awesome, even with a lynch of The Fonz we would've won. The town as a group, by and large, really sucked in this game.

I missed the chance to hammer MBF with a "now I'm sure he is a traitor Monkey" post, which would've netted us an additional kill.

Leaving ZS alive reduced the total number of investigations the watcher and tracker were able to accomplish.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Adel »

Sarcastro wrote:
Adel wrote:sarcasto's plan of keeping two monkeys alive and 3 gorillas alive for as long as possible, and directing both kills against scummy-pigs is game-breaking in my opinion. I don't know how we can prevent it. we need to talk about this, and I really want to hear the fonz's opinion on what we should do.
Goddammit I'm awesome.
Only because we were scum. If the gorilla were scum it would've been another story entirely.

You failed to take into account the ability of the investigative roles to catch scum.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Adel wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
Goddammit I'm awesome.
Only because we were scum. If the gorilla were scum it would've been another story entirely.

You failed to take into account the ability of the investigative roles to catch scum.
You mean the Watcher and Tracker I had no way of knowing about and ending up being pretty much entirely useless anyway?

And Adel, I knew you were scum. The town may have sucked, but so did the Space Monkeys. You guys made yourselves incredibly obvious from the very start. I said it didn't matter who was scum because I didn't want it to turn into an argument over whether or not the Monkeys were actually scum, but I repeatedly made it clear that I knew it was the Monkeys. Do you think I would have advocated the plan had the Gorillas been scum?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Sarc wrote:The problem to me was, more than anything, a lack of organisation
Posting more than once a week might have helped on this front.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Sarcastro »

shaft.ed wrote:
Sarc wrote:The problem to me was, more than anything, a lack of organisation
Posting more than once a week might have helped on this front.
How is what I did
after it was a moot point
relevant?

I am perfectly willing to admit that I did a bad job for a lot of this game, but it was certainly not my fault that other people screwed up the plan.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Adel »

Sarcastro wrote: And Adel, I knew you were scum. The town may have sucked, but so did the Space Monkeys. You guys made yourselves incredibly obvious from the very start. I said it didn't matter who was scum because I didn't want it to turn into an argument over whether or not the Monkeys were actually scum, but I repeatedly made it clear that I knew it was the Monkeys. Do you think I would have advocated the plan had the Gorillas been scum?
You correctly identified that the Monkeys were scum. How good of a job did you do identifying which Pigs were traitor scum?

Sometimes it is necessary to loose a battle in order to win a war.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Adel »

ebwop: Sometimes it is necessary to
lose
a battle in order to win a war.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Adel »

I like the Deep South nightless format. I want to use it in my future games.

Why was player activity so low during the last couple of weeks of the game? For the townie players (not shaft.ed -- I empathized with your frustration) why did you allow the game to lag so much?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:48 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Forgot to thank Stoofer for the game. The set-up was quite intruiging. And I too felt the Deep South format interesting. It felt a lot more hectic from my end (of course that could have been do to every lynch being decided in the last RL day). Sorry the town didn't live up to expectations, that was likely disappointing to watch from your end.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”