Normal Queue Thread (Players and Mods)
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:28 am
Normal Queue Rules
Stolen from N, who borrowed them from Tierce
Stolen from N, who borrowed them from Tierce
- The queue is divided in two parts:
- Mini Normals can have a maximum of 13 players.
- Large Normals have a minimum of 14 players.
- All flavour in Normals must be public and entirely original. Flavour based on any sort of source material is considered a Theme game.
- Roles must use standard names, and Role PMs should not contain flavour.
- The game can have either one or two Mafia/Werewolf groups and no more than one Serial Killer.
- There must be at least one Vanilla Townie, and a sample Vanilla Townie role PM must be made public.
- There can only be a maximum of one Non-Normal role in a Mini Normal game and two Non-Normal roles in a Large Normal game.
- Only Normal mechanics and roles (besides the above variants) are allowed. See here for more information.
- This queue is only for games currently in signups. If you have a question about a currently running game (which is any game once I have declared it full), please PM me. If you wish to pre-in for a game not yet in signups, PM that game's Moderator.
- The only acceptable posts for this thread are /in for x, or /in to mod. Ego posts, and other off-topic posts will get you warned and if you continue, a time out from the thread.
- I will announce when games go into sign ups. Until there is an active game, any /in to sign up will be ignored.
- Please post in this thread to be added to the game currently in signups. When there are two games taking signups at the same time, please specify which game you are signing up for (e.g., "/in mith's game" or "/in for the Large game"). In those occasions, non-specific signups such as "/in" or "/in for next" will be ignored.
- If you change your mind after signing up for a game (but before it begins), please create a new post saying so (e.g., "/out"). Do not edit your older post, because I may not see the change.
- There is no experience requirement to sign up for a Normal game. However, playing through a Newbie game is recommended.
- Each player can only be active in a total of four Mini games (Normal and/or Theme) at a time. Hydras and alt accounts count toward this limit. If a player dies in an ongoing game, that player is considered released and is free to sign up for another.
- There is no limit on how many Large games you can be active in.
- All pre-ins need to be confirmed in thread within 48 hours of the game being announced.
- Hydras are not allowed in Normal games.
- To sign up to moderate a Mini Normal, you must have been active on the site for at least 3 months and have completed at least one Mafia game.
- To sign up to moderate a Large Normal, you must have been active on the site for at least 3 months, have completed at least one Mafia game, and have moderated one game to completion. First time Large mods are limited to a maximum of 21 players (this may be waived by the listmod on a case-by-case basis).
- You may run a game that qualifies as a Micro in the Mini Normal queue, but you must have the prerequisite experience to run a Micro and it will only count as running a Micro for experience.
- Please post in this thread to be added to the moderator queues ("/in to mod a Mini", "/in to mod a Large", etc.).
- Once you've signed up to mod, I will send you a message asking for all the relevant information for your review. It usually takes about a week after I receive this for a review to start, but it can be longer in times of high demand.
- To moderate a Large game, you need a co- or backup moderator (must be eligible to run a Large Normal).
- Only one Mini Normal game will be in signups at a time.
- Only one Large Normal game will be in signups at a time
- Games that do not fill within four weeks may be pulled from the queue.
- You are expected to have a setup ready for review when you sign up to mod a game. Please see this post for more information.
- Potential moderators can only be in a single Mini/Open moderator queue (Mini Normal, Mini Theme, Open) at a time.
- Potential moderators can only be in a single Large moderator queue (Large Normal, Large Theme) at a time.
- Moderators must wait until the game they are moderating is completed before joining the queue again.
- If you have moderated two games to completion, you can run a Large Normal concurrently with one other Non-Large game.
- Please respond promptly to all PMs I send you. If you do not, you may be removed from the list when it becomes your turn, as I will assume you are no longer on the site.
- You have 72 hours from when your game is announced to begin your game or it will be given to someone else.
- Your game number should either be in your thread title or in the first post. This is extremely helpful for archiving purposes.
- It is also very helpful if your first post stays up to date (even after the game is completed) with players who are dead and alive. It helps keep track of limits for players, and we like to have a record of how games have finished.
- Upcoming Game Advertisements - A thread where moderators can post advertisements for their games.
- Normal Game Guidelines - A guide on what is considered Normal.
- Archive of Mini Normals - This is the history of all previous Mini Normals run in Little Italy. Work in progress.
- Archive of Large Normals - This is the history of all previous Large Normals run in New York. Work in progress.
- Previous Normal Game Queue - This is the previous signup thread for Normals.