Micro Game Queue (Players & Moderators)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #140 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Huh, well this thread is new

Not signing up for anything just yet, be asking questions first

I've modded face to face games, games on irc, games in scumchat, and marathon games. I can prove the marathon moddings but not the others unless that IRC site has logs I don't know about. Would I be able to mod an AiTP game in this forum? Keep in mind that I have run AiTP games before in the Marathon forum

Basically I believe I technically have all the credentials, but pending on you define the moderator boundaries, you could argue against me hosting a game. So instead of me attempting to do things "possibly" underhandedly by just signing up, I'm going to state the facts out loud and let you tell me if you think its cool
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #145 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Wasn't asking you to make an exception. Was more so asking if it even was an exception since i have done the exact type of game elsewhere on this site just in a different forum.

I am not a fan of the lines on this site and figured this thread would not have a long one, but if that's how it is, then I guess I got to take a number and come back later so to speak

It's cool I guess
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #151 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

k, again I was just wondering if it even was against the rules. I didn't want to sign up and come off as the guy that tried to get through hoping you didn't know the facts. Also didn't want people to get worked up and ready for the game and then have the game get canceled for those reasons. I think that would have been a dick move if I had done that

Didn't want to break rules or get special treatment, just wanted to run a game quickly and thought I had that chance here, but rather than assume I was allowed to, I figured saying all this stuff ahead of time was better than taking the risks
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #160 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

IceGuy wrote:
In post 140, PokerFace wrote:
I've modded face to face games, games on irc, games in scumchat, and marathon games. I can prove the marathon moddings but not the others unless that IRC site has logs I don't know about. Would I be able to mod an AiTP game in this forum? Keep in mind that I have run AiTP games before in the Marathon forum

AitP is not Mafia and a shitty setup anyway.

I would agree that it is not mafia, but I wouldn't say the setup is shity. its just generally more difficult for town to win. 1 bad towny in a normal game leads to 1 possibly 2 mislynches and or the death of a power role, worst case scenario. While 1 loud mouth guard can lead to instant win for the assassin, game over. You really need different skill sets for each game type.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #200 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 179, IceGuy wrote:
In post 166, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 160, PokerFace wrote:I would agree that it is not mafia, but I wouldn't say the setup is shity. its just generally more difficult for town to win. 1 bad towny in a normal game leads to 1 possibly 2 mislynches and or the death of a power role, worst case scenario. While 1 loud mouth guard can lead to instant win for the assassin, game over. You really need different skill sets for each game type.

I believe it's been demonstrated that random lynching or a similar strategy is optimal for the town, which in my mind quite clearly identifies it as "shitty".

Exactly.

Is it so different? How truly random is the lynching? There is a trick to it that is difficult to pickup on sometimes

In normal mafia you often have a random vote stage up until someone does something scummy and then you lynch that guy

In AiTP you random vote and if necessary random lynch. During either the random voting or the random lynching, the assassin may speak up. He pretty much has to say something or his killing will be random. When he says anything that resembles king hunting, then
hopefully
all guards are smart enough to realize that guy must be the assassin and vote him. The biggest flaw in the game type is not enough people are able to notice and understand what king hunting is fast enough. They are too concerned with keeping silent to realize who is gathering info.

In mafia you have informed minority vs uninformed majority

In AiTP its informed majority vs uninformed minority

That's why its not mafia and its a different skill set. You want to kill the loudest and leave the silent lurkers. If you are a guard you need to think like scum because you aren't really town!

To support that it is not always random I will say that in AiTP3, the assassin was lynched day 1. No random lynches were needed in that game as mykonian and red panda were able to establish to the rest of the guards who was king searching. I would link you to game but it was lost in crash and I don't have my notes on who was each role
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #203 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

IceGuy wrote:Basically, the idea behind scumhunting is that it gives the uninformed majority some information so it can win against the informed minority. If the majority is informed, scumhunting only helps the (uninformed) minority. The optimal strategy for the guards in AitP is to random lynch every day until
the game ends
someone talks too much and you lynch that guy.

ftfy

Generally there can be direction in the lynches, but as that direction must be understood and not talked, it is easily miconsued as completly random
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #204 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP

Generally there can be direction in the lynches, but as that direction must be understood and not talked
about
, it is easily miconsued as completly random
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8656 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

Quads told me to come here

I recently did mod a game on site: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58515

Since 1 game is all the exp i need to mod a micro I believe this queue sounds like it will allow me to run AITP, WITP, RITP, Take your shot Tex, and Get your own Tex (Games I usually only ran in marathon)

Am I correct in everything I said here quads?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8658 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

I admit that is still debatable with those 2. Quads will have to make a call

RITP is closer to mafia than those 2 so more likly doable

Take your shot and get your own are undoubtedly mafia so i can at least run one of them
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... ternatives
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8661 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

quadz08 wrote:PF, you're qualified to mod in this queue.

Use the form in the OP to sign up to mod, and I'll let you know if you need to do anything else / if there are any problems with your /in.

AITP, WITP, and RITP all allowed? (Assuming i can find an under 9 player balanced version of RITP since its currently a 12 player game)

AITP is based on what cabd said but are the others as well?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8666 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rebels in the Palace
I was thinking of running it with
1 king (-0 from original design)
2 guards (-1 from original design)
6 rebels (-2 from original design)
9 total, sounds balanced right to me unless you disagree

War in the Palace, I don't think I ever made a wiki for it. I should have time this weekend to make one. Until then you can look at these:
WITP 1
WITP 2
WITP 3
WITP 4
WITP 5
Original WITP Discussion Thread

Not sure if its balanced better with 2 or 3 guards per king. AITP is likly best balanced with 3 guards so I lean that way, but given the games track record i wonder if 2 is better since the assassin can piggy back off what info is generated from the cross team hunting to make up for the lack of extra guards on each side
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8672 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

quadz08 wrote:RITP is fine. WITP is not.

why not?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8674 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Do you consider AITP to be mafia?
Do you consider AITP more close to mafia than WITP?
Is there a queue elsewhere on site where i can run WITP?

I admit you can argue WITP has 2 scum groups (2 kings and their guards so 2 groups) and only one town or 3rd party. Is the lack of a substantial town the issue you have with it and or the multiball aspect?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8676 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mishmash? you sure i don't have to use mini theme?

When i run "take shot" or "get own" I may get rid of +1's and +2's and just use n vs 2n and have everyone dies result in a draw
that way n = 3, 2n = 6 and both games will then have 9 player max. I trust both of those games are considered mafia, yes?
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... ternatives
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8677 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

just did alot of math on texas justice alternatives and what best mafia and town values were needed. wiki updated to the values that most closely give each side 50 to 50 chance of victory. not sure what I'll do to even a n vs 2n match but i'm sure i'll figure something out
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8688 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

All /in 397
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8692 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 8689, Guyett wrote:
In post 8675, quadz08 wrote:AITP is mafia.
Yes.
Mish-mash.

Lack of town is the issue.

Aa9 is L-1

Aa9? huh?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8696 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 8692, PokerFace wrote:Aa9? huh?

Arcangel9

ah so he was saying 396 was L-1 on signups. seems is L-2 now

But heres the thing Quads and I were not talking about 396, so I do not get why that was quoted
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8704 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

About how long does it take for someone to move from the bottom of this queue to the top of this queue?

I would like to run my game when i finish playing 397 so i want to know how to gage getting in the line
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8708 (isolation #19) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 8706, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 8704, PokerFace wrote:About how long does it take for someone to move from the bottom of this queue to the top of this queue?

I would like to run my game when i finish playing 397 so i want to know how to gage getting in the line

On the assumption every game will take the full week to feel, and the queue will remain at ~5 moderators, it should take ~3 weeks.

thank you guess I'll wait a week and 1/2 after the start of 397 to get in line

"gives dog treat"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8714 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

You drunk?

My second out of retirement game is gonna be lots of fun :)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8718 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not big on being in more than 1 game at once. should i die in 397 maybe I'll replace into your game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8724 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 8719, Guyett wrote:but you can play 2 bastard games at once ;)

I'll think about it once your game goes into signups

if you see me not in it and need replacements later, feel free to reach out to me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8727 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

Return to “Completed Signups”