Why do mods do this?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue May 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

some players don't want to play multiball, so i guess it's a courtesy to them to know beforehand.

plus, it can be used for planned setup spec too if you're including a vigilante, to confirm them as town.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 5, Nero Cain wrote:True, a scum teams power to fake SK gambit or push paranoia that "this guy is SK!" doesn't offer much equity but its a tool they could use and a mod telling them that "hey there's no third party!" takes that all away. It also confirms that a vig is a vig. Mods are meant to be impartial yet giving town setup information seems to be the opposite of that.
i mean, i agree with you that it takes away a potential gambit in much the same way that i think certain rules that mods have take away unlikely and once in a million yet possible gambits that scum can pull off, but i think the difference comes in in that sometimes confirming the vig to be town is part of the setup in and of itself.

you would never say having an informed townie means the mod isn't impartial, right? it's just part of the setup.

that's the way that i see it.

(editing because i overuse words when i don't proofread posts before i make them)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Tue May 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 10, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, If the mod wants to throw up an innocent child vigilante then fine I guess but if that's the case it should still work like an IC me thinks.
you mean like in the sense of being mod confirmed?

it's already similar to an IC in that it can be "activated" on whatever night the vig chooses to take a shot at which point a vig is confirmed to be in the game. from there the vig can choose to claim whenever, but scum can still counterclaim, which is something that i think should be left open even if it's unlikely to happen very frequently.

things fall apart

Return to “Mafia Discussion”